Wanted ➢ Peter Pevensie [2]

By distractedteen

"Oh. Milady Ashton, are you going to the ball for King Peter." The young centaur shyly asked Ashton. Ashton c... More

Book II Additional Cast
Love and War
Chapter I - Home Is Where Your Heart Is
Chapter II - Back From Gone
Chapter III - Friend or Foe
Chapter IV - Beruna
Chapter V - Victory Day
Chapter VI - Mind Games
Chapter VII - A Thing for Kids
Chapter VIII - Clash of Kings
Chapter IX - Heavy is the Head that Wears the Crown
Chapter X - The Company We Keep
Chapter XI - Explain Yourself
Chapter XII - Something to Fight for
Chapter XIII - Queens
Chapter XIV - Square Up
Chapter XV - Fate
Chapter XVI - Wedding Bells
Chapter XVII - Last Night
Chapter XVIII - Dark
Chapter XIX - My World
Chapter XXI - Her
Chapter XXII - A Captain Goes Down With The Ship
Chapter XXIII - Mourners
Chapter XXIV - See You When I See you
Chapter XXV - Aslan's Plan
I'm a fuckin liar :/
Alternate Ending questions/comments:)

Chapter XX - Save My Soul

4K 133 114
By distractedteen

╣╠

"I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter."

In the End

Linkin Park

╣╠

Chapter XX - Save My Soul

╣╠

Rain poor from above, making it even harder to see in the blackness of the night. Torches lit through the insurgents camp all leading to a pool of water beneath the waterfall. The waterfall in the middle of the great river, this section freezed completely over in the winter, making it the only time it was quiet and peaceful; now it was at full rage, pouring thousands of gallons per minute.

The small pool was surrounded by rocks and only received dulled waves from the power of the waterfall. More insurgents than I had ever seen in one place gathered around it, hungry for the show. They hollered and cheered, drinking and eating foul smelling meats. Even after eating only berries from the forest for the past two days, I would not eat whatever it was. They were all brought to a sudden silence, I followed their watchful eyes to the two men towering over Ashton as they escorted her. Even as the most well known prisoner and the main focus in their camp, she held her head high, not showing any weakness. Her blonde hair visibly carried dirt along with her face and her wrist were bruised and bleeding from fighting after the metal cuffs they strapped her in. Even when they forced her to her knees, her stiff jaw and absent eyes seemed unbothered.

A dark hooded figure emerged from the woods next. The torches burned brighter and harder the closer they came to it. They leaned close to her face, grabbing her chin and turning her head each way. She spit in its face, making them jump back. When they did so the hood fell from its hold and the first thing I noticed was the point on its ears. Elves had been extinct from Narnia for as long as I had been alive. Their power was known to rival the White Witch herself. Her actions to deplete their population was a great pride of her reign, any other magical being was a threat to her and her line.

The elf motioned for the guards, they continued, tossing the Ashton into the water. Only now did she gasp, knowing her hands were still bounding her back. She could tread water, any limitation would certainly only hurt her.

Ash came to the surface, barely keeping her head above water. The crowd divided to let the elf through, he started mumbling and incincation, slowly growing louder with each chant, "La cendre à l'os, de la chair à la vie. De la cendre à l'os, de la chair à la vie."

The elf poured something that looked like a dark ash into the water and it began circling Ashton. She struggled harder to stay up. The ash deserted, creating a top layer over the water that began to solidify from the outer rim of the pool. It came for Ashton's neck enclosing in on her and she took one last deep breath before her head went under and the now solid layer incased her in.

The spell stopped, the torches returned to their normal light and for a second the world was silent. Not a soul dared to speak, every eye was trained on the rock layer for any sign of movement.

In a blast on power, water and rock combusted and those close enough took cover. When we looked back we saw her standing there. The first thing I looked for was the paragon diamond, something that would hold back all the power that had just been transferred but it was gone, most likely destroyed in the exchange. The cuffs broken next, all with a flick of her wrist.

She held her hand out, no sense of happiest or light in her features, only pure demand. The elf had the boldness to step her first, handing her the White Witch's staff, one of the most powerful objects in this dominion. She took it, flipping it back and forth in her hands, feeling the weight of it before looking down at her body and specifically her hands. She felt around her neck feeling her necklace. She gave it one quick tug and threw it back into the pool.

"Here lies Princess Ashton of Narnia, once the heir with the world in her grasp, now nothing more than a thankless traitor. In the wake of her death, we will take back Narnia, destroying everything she loves as she did to us."

It all became painfully clear, the voice, the language, the authority. It may have been Ashton's body, but it was not her soul. They wanted a Queen, they knew Ashton couldn't be that for them so they found a loophole. The placed the White Witch's soul in Ashton's head, granting her control, making his far worse that even our greatest nightmares.

"Our deal?" The elf started, making her turn around. She scowled, flicking her wrist and its neck snapped. "Never question or doubt your Queen."

"Have everyone ready by dawn. We're taking back what is mine." She demanded.

Mason Hood, offered her his hand and he led her to a hereby tent. Minutes later she came out, head to toe in gold armor. She looked up suddenly, peering through the woods. Her eyes met mine and I held my breath, she opened her mouth. By no words came out, she took one step forward but stopped, like something was pulling her backwards.

"Are you alright, my queen?"

She didn't answer. She retreated into the tent alone.

I knew I was given a second chance, and with it I had to do right in Ash's memory. I turned and ran, I vowed I wouldn't stop until I could get the word to Peter. THey were coming, they were attacking at dawn and all I had to do was beat them there.

╣╠

I was met with extra force at the front gate, two guards looked at each other, daring whether they should question me but decided against it. I ran at a full sprint all the way to the great hall where I knew a battle meeting had to take place. It wouldn't surprise me if no one has left that room in days.

I barged through the double doors, attracting the attention of every advisor in the room and her highnesses. "She's back. The bitch is back."

New found confusion cascaded around the room, but I found something else suspicious. At the head of the table I saw Edmund, Lucy and Susan, but there was no sign of Peter.

"Where is Peter, he needs to be here."

The siblings looked at each other, a different type of shame in all of them before Susan spoke up, "Peter has been removed in matters regarding Ashton. It was shown to be too much for him."

"Well, you better get him. Because Ashton isn't the only one we have to deal with." She nodded to a guard near the door, who walked out to get Peter.

"Run!" I yelled, and he picked up the pace.

Lucy ran up to me, petting the sides of my face, attempting to calm me, but we were long past that. "We're going to get her back."

I looked at the optimistic girl, knowing that it is bigger than Ash just being taken. I don't know what is left of her to save, if anything. Peter came rushing into the hall, furiously glaring at his siblings. His hair was a mess and he looks like he hasn't slept in days.

I wish I could have done this privately, break the news is a matter that would hurt the least but we didn't have the time. "The insurgents performed a resurrection spell, one where to take a living host and switch souls. Ashton's mind is no longer hers. The White Witch jumped into her body, taking full control of the magic and mind of Ashton." I couldn't look up, I wouldn't allow myself to see the faces of those that loved and cared for her in front of me. The idea of Lucy's face alone broke me. "She isn't coming back. Our biggest hope now is to defeat the White Witch when she attacks at dawn. She's attacking soon, she is acting on impulse and that's the only advantage we have."

"What do you suggest." Edmund questions, seeming to have cut his emotions off from the situation.

"From this day forward, prophesied Prodigy, Knight of Narnia, Lady Ashton of the Western Wood," My voice cracked, "She should be considered the most wanted in Narnia. Do not attempt to capture, kill on sight."

I begged my knees to not give out, I couldn't bear this. A hushed mumble came from all corners of the room. Peter took a step forward making Edmund reach out to hold him back. "You have no right!"

"As chief of naval operations it is completely in my jurisdiction." I fought.

"May we have to room please." Susan suggests, basically asking all those who did not have a personal connection of Ashton to leave. They were more than happy to leave, getting up from their seats immediately.

"Certainly we can get her back." Lucy prays.

"We can flood their camp, take over their forces, we can take her..."

"No!" I smacked the table, "Ash is gone! This dark magic is something barely comprehensible to those that practice it. It is no longer Ash it is the White Witch. We lost! We lost her! If there was a way to bring her back I would but we can't. The best thing we can do in her memory is assure that her power and body isn't used to wipe out the country she loves."

"But-"

"No! No expectations!" I yell again, "You don't understand! Magic is just like any other matter, can not be created or destroyed! It can be divided by never truly disappears. The last time the White Witch held her hand in magic it was divided between the power that Ashton processed and the power she held. After the Witch died, all that power was transferred to Ashton." II explained desperately, "Not only does she have access to Ashton's body, she hasn't had this much power since Ashton was born. She is more powerful than when we faced her last time. Ashton was still learning what her powers could do. Now a thousand year old witch has that power. We are lucky we haven't been wiped out already."

"How do we end this?" Edmund broke.

"The only chance we have is getting to her before she gets to us. A body jump like that takes time to adjust. She has to familiarize herself with all weaknesses and the ways of controlling the power. The sooner we act the better."

No one had the courage to speak, we all knew what needed to be done. We had to leave before dawn, to finish a fight with the face of a girl we all know and love. Deep down I knew some of us wouldn't be able to complete the task. Even before she was possessed by the evil spirit, Ashton was stronger than most of us, mentally and physically. Susan and Lucy were no match for her. We all knew Peter could never kill someone with the face of the first girl he ever loved. Even I couldn't imagine pulling my punches against the girl I grew up alongside. There only one person in this room could beat Ashton. He hated the white witch just as much as Ash and I and he devoted loyalty meant he would do it to save her. Edmunds' head hung with his hands, keeping him struddy on the table, but the droplets falling from his face silently meant he knew what we had to do. And I prayed he had the strength to do it.

"Take his time, prepare for battle. Spread the word, we leave at midnight." He hollowly said, another

Lucy coughed and officially lost it. She begged and pleaded but there was no other choice. We stepped out alone, all of us going different directions. No pride would be persevered in today's battle.

╣╠

All of the Hood relatives we brought to the castle for their protection. This was the safest place in the country for them. And I feared what would happen to Allie if she didn't have her family in this time. They were given the grandest suite in the castle, with multiple bedrooms and everything they could need. Anything I could do to help I would.

When I knocked at the door for the third time today, Lady Marian had not moved from her spot on the couch. I never knew what to say when Syler's sad eyes met mine, he just nudged his head towards the first bedroom. Carts of food for dinner flooded in after me, whether they had an appetite or not.

I walked to the bedroom I was directed, turning the handle slowly so I wouldn't scare her.

She sniffed, seeing me through the candle light. "I'm afraid I can only handle good news tonight."

I had already contemplated telling Allie about Ash, I decided against it back in the hall. I took my coat off, kicking off my shoes as she opened the covers of her bed for me. She nudged into my chest as I lightly brushed my fingers through her long curls. I felt the tiny droplets of water fall onto my shirt.

"He liked you, you know." She whispered, "If he didn't my brother's wouldn't have let you through the door."

I smiled and kissed the top of her head, "I really hoped so, Al." She circled her finger on the button of my shirt as my thumb rub stroked her waist. "I love you."

She sighed, relaxing even further into my chest, "I love you more."

╣╠ 

I hate that I'm making the ending so sad right now. Like I don't wanna follow through with my original plans anymore.

Hey I updated without a month in between, so out of character for me.

See you soon, B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 6.6K 20
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❝ "You know, you seemed a lot nicer before you started training us." "We don't have time for...
365K 12.2K 38
♕ Ranked #1 Book in Narnia, #1 Book in Aslan, and #2 Book in Edmund ♕ "What?" Elizabeth exclaimed to Aslan. "I cannot possibly be the one the prophec...
1.2K 28 16
Narnia Imagines because I got iNsPiReD!! PP: Peter Pevensie SP: Susan Pevensie EP: Edmund Pevensie LP: Lucy Pevensie CX: Caspian X KR: King Rillian (...
103K 3.2K 83
"𝘖𝘩, 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦..." 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘧𝘧. "𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥," 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘱...