Roaming Storm

By uerechuku18

Roaming Storm serves as an homage/parody of the multimedia franchise Sonic the Hedgehog. As such, the series... More

S1E1: One Fateful Friday ...for Fast Friends (Part I)
S1E2: One Fateful Friday ...for Fast Friends (Part II)
S1E3: Welcome to Immobi ...for MoonFall
S1E4: Look What the Cat Dragged In ...You Little Nightmare!!
S1E5: Like a Wise Man Once Said ...The More The Merrier
S1E6: The Hunt is On ...for Wild Hunt
S1E7: Itsy-Bitsy ...for Arachnofoe (Part I)
S1E8: Itsy-Bitsy ...for Arachnofoe (Part II)
S1E10: ediS rehtO ehT rof... rorriM ,rorriM
S1E11: Shoulda' Brought My Umbrella ...for Storm-Brew Blues
S1E12: ''I...'' for an ''I...''
S1E13: Survival of the Fittest ...Lord of the Flies
S2E1: Shoot! Not My Day ...Come Rain or Shine (Part I)
S2E2: Shoot! Not My Day ...Come Rain or Shine (Part II)
S2E3: And Speaking of ''Wrecked'' ...
S2E4: Duel in the Dunes ...for Desert Punks
S2E5: sknuP treseD rof... senuD eht ni leuD
S2E6: Dive-Thru ...for A Quick Dip
S2E7: Zoned Out ...for Adrift Apart
S2E8: Uproot N' At 'Em ...for Off-Tropic
S2E9: Back to the Lab ...for Keeps
S2E10: Don't Be a Stranger ...Foreign Falcon
S2E11: Keep Your Friends Close ...and Your NMEs Closer
S2E12: Long Time, No See ...for Reunion
S2E13: No Turning Back ...for Exodus
S3E1: Sayonara, Immobi ...for MoonTrip
RS: Story Select
RS: Character Select
RS: Stage Select (Vol. 1)
RS: Stage Select (Vol. 2)
RS: Misc. Select (Vol. 1)
RS: Misc. Select (Vol. 2)
RS: Misc. Select (Vol. 3)
RS: Disc Select
RS: Credits

S1E9: Now Then ...Where Were We?

83 1 0
By uerechuku18

ACT I [EXT. / CAMEROON RAINFOREST / AFTERNOON]

After having their Nightmare hunt halted abruptly by Anansi, the cheetah and peregrine pick up where they left off as they speed through the Cameroon rainforest. Radi, currently holding the Nightmare radar, takes the lead and sees that he and the moving energy signature are almost within seeing distance of each other. With that, he creates a sphere of electricity and chucks the sucker fastball style. As soon as it hits the ground, it causes an explosion that -- while small -- was strong enough to get their quarry's attention. Drilling its way out the ground is the Meerkat Nightmare, only this time, something's different. The Nightmare is shown radiating in purple energy from head to tail. Completely irritated after everything it went through, the beast is not hesitant in lashing out at the first thing it sees -- lo and behold -- make that two things.

With Umeme and Radi in its sights, the Meerkat Nightmare unleashes numerous drill projectiles, this time in rapid fire succession akin to a machine gun. Even when the speedy duo is forced to split, the meerkat makes sure to switch its focus from one speedster to the other every few seconds -- vise-versa. The cheetah and peregrine try their best to shake off said focus -- zig-zags, loop de loops, ricochets, the works -- but the Nightmare persists regardless.

As the battle rages on, the surrounding vegetation becomes decimated by the skewering drills (shrubs, vines, trees, fruits, etc.) making it much easier for the Nightmare to see its moving targets. Umeme, within the brief seconds he's given before focus is on him, tries dishing out his own projectile in the form of an electrical energy beam. Catching wind of this, however, the Meerkat Nightmare shoots out rapid-fire drills towards the blast. Where one drill would be destroyed, another would take its place, and so on.

Glancing back, Radi turns to see that Umeme has the beast distracted. With that, he uses the ample opportunity to ascend into the sky at rocketing speeds.

Umeme: [glances at Radi, struggling to keep his beam afloat](via thoughts) Any... time now, dude.

As time progresses, Umeme's beam of electricity starts to become weaker, giving the Nightmare an overpowering advantage. Getting pushed back inch by inch, the cheetah is less than a minute away from becoming drill kill. As for Radi, he has now reached the edge of Immobi's troposphere, gaining more than enough height to perform his trademark diving stoop. Descending towards the earth like a meteor"ite", the peregrine's momentum increases with each second. As he dials down the gap between him and the ground, he curves straight past the meerkat, delivering a missile dropkick to the side of its facial area. The force of the dropkick was strong enough to completely jam the Nightmare's "muzzle", preventing it from not only shooting out another drill, but rotating the one it's stuck with as well.

With the meerkat finally ceasing fire, albeit unwillingly, Umeme's beam rushes over to it in a direct hit. Having some of its upper body (head and neck) caught within a concussive stream of voltage, the Nightmare's brimming purple radiance begins to fade amidst all the rushing yellow. It desperately tries to escape into the ground, to the point where it's using its own claws to scrape into the dirt, but to no avail. With a jammed muzzle, the beast is essentially rendered a sitting duck. And after a few more seconds of receiving a facefull of volts, it's rendered a roasted duck.

Now ceasing fire, willingly, Umeme slouches down and takes a long breather. Continuing to do so, he lifts his head forward to see the large husk pieces and rising smoke of his defeated prey. Radi floats down over to him soon after, but seeing that the cheetah's worn out, he stops to look around for any fruits or berries to help replenish some of his stamina. He then spots something not too far away, and in the blink of an eye, takes it over to Umeme.

Radi: [one-hand juggles a surviving safou fruit] Now that's what I call a game of tag. [tosses it over to Umeme] Wouldn't you agree?

Umeme: [catches it]... (chuckles despite his exhaustion) More or less. [gets ready to chow down, but stops to think about something]... Say Radi, ya' mind doing me a solid?

Radi: ... Uh, assuming I didn't already?

Umeme: (sigh) Okay, a second solid.

Radi: Yeah, what's that?

>> >> >> NOW LOADING...

ACT II [EXT. / VICTORIA FALLS / CONTINUOUS]

Zambia of southern Africa; more specifically, the grandiose roaring waters that are Victoria Falls. Way above the behemoth of a waterfall is Terra, who is shown scouring the area for any signs of Nightmares. As well as that shifty ziggurat, if she's lucky that is. While doing so, the gelata piscis is also shown getting a feel of the soothing mist -- rising strongly from the falls.

Terra: (breathes in)... (breathes out)...

As much as she enjoys the free-flowing vapor dancing past her face and body, she keeps it brief. As a few minutes pass, peace here appears to go undisturbed. After a thorough survey -- along with some admiration of the scenery, the psychic jellyfish is just about ready to head off. That is until she hears her cell phone vibrating; Terra takes it out to see that it's a text message from Radi. Said message (soon turning into multiple) features bird-eye-view pictures of all the sinkholes in the Cameroon rainforest made by the Meerkat Nightmare. This includes the widest one, which surprises Terra the most out of all of them. With photographic evidence displayed, Radi sends her one more message.

Radi: (via text)

"Yo Terra"

"We're at Cameroon right now, and we just took care of the Nightmare who did this"

"Totally did most of the work, btw"

"But enough about me. If you got time, Umeme asked if you could fill all these up with soil or something"

A simple task, this is not. The jellyfish gives this dilemma plenty of thought, wondering where to find loads upon loads of soil on such short notice. However, after feeling another rush of mist from below, something crosses her mind. Cutting back to the Cameroon rainforest, Radi floats down over to Umeme. Who after having finished his safou fruit, is shown reading a text on his phone.

Umeme: Hey, Friska just texted me. [puts away phone] She says she wants to show us something back at the lab.

Radi: [chuckles as he brings out the Nightmare radar, spinning it like a basketball] Y'know, I bet you'd be sweating your spots off if she'd texted a lot sooner.

Umeme: (sarcastically) Ha-haaa. [snatches back the radar] Comedy gold, dude.

Radi: (smugfully) Aw, what happened to "bronze at best"? I was just starting to-

Just then, Radi feels his phone vibrating. He takes it out and sees that Terra replied to him.

Umeme: [walks over for a quick look] Well, what'd she say?

Terra: (via text)

"Something, huh?"

Umeme: ...? Was... that a "yes"?

Radi: Uuuuhit wasn't a "no". Soo...

Despite the simple yet puzzling response, the two just go with it -- and speed off to Friska's lab. Cut right back to Terra, who stations herself above the expansive Zambezi river connected to the falls. This nigh-endless accumulation of water is perfect for what the jellyfish has in mind. Channeling her psychic energy, Terra focuses on three different spots throughout the vast river, each of which has no signs of wildlife within the proximity. For each spot, a green glow appears and takes the shape of a ring, quickly expanding outward until it's just the right amount of width -- one of which is even wider. With everything set in place, she's ready.

Attention soon drifts over to a herd of Cape buffalo; Accompanying them are their personal groomers, a flock of oxpeckers. A majority of the herd are seen casually treading/grazing along the river bank, while the minority enters the river for a quick drink/cool off. As these birds n' bovids are minding their own business, a small few begin to take notice of something far off in the distance. That something is a trinity of pillars towering high into the heavens. Said pillars are formed from the very water that makes up the river, with enormous amounts of it rising from the surface akin to a geyser.

Almost a minute later, the skyscraping pillars disconnect from the river and begin taking on a brand new shape. Deforming themselves from bottom to top in a rapid whirlpool-esque fashion, each mass-collection of water shifts to a more spherical structure, expanding greatly until it's roughly the size of an iceberg. As for the third, it grows even larger to the point where it's as big as an A-68 iceberg (world's largest, by the way). With the entire process now at an end, three gigantic globes of aqua have been formed, surrounded in glimmers of green as they float high above the Zambezi river.

The buffalos and oxpeckers have all laid witness to what just happened from afar, leaving them rather... perplexed; This even causes the herd's minority to get out of the water, not wanting any chance to be a part of that. Soon after, they see the colossal orbs beginning to quickly float away -- somewhere eastward north from where they are -- accompanied by a flying figure taking the lead. "... Strange. Very strange", the birds n' bovines must be thinking. Regardless, they resume their instinctive routine as if nothing happened.

>> >> >> NOW LOADING...

ACT IISS [EXT. / CAMEROON RAINFOREST / EVENING]

Flying high over the Cameroon rainforest, Terra scours around for the numerous sinkholes scattered about. All the while, she makes sure not to spill a drop from the enormous H2Orbs she's lifting. Within the passing time, the jellyfish finally spots them in their entirety, including the most expansive of the bunch. Not only that, but she even sees some additional damages not too far from the behemoth maw -- that being the long rut made by Tusko and the skewered trees by the Meerkat Nightmare. The very sight of this mess doesn't do Terra any favors, which is why she's here to clean it all up.

Starting with the reason she's here, Terra lowers the first two water globes towards the smaller sinkholes. Within the process of descent, she forces multiple gushing streams to arise from their surfaces, sending each one towards a different hole. As the massive orbs of aqua steadily decrease in size, each sinkhole is treated like a glass of water in need of a refill. And in the span of a mere minute, Terra has happily obliged in doing so. Now placing her attention onto the much wider sinkhole, she carefully positions the last(larger) globe of water right above it. With the placement just right, Terra no longer has the need to keep it aloft any longer. Letting loose her telekinetic grip, the behemoth mass of water loses its spherical structure amidst a rushing descent into the depths. In a powerful splash that creates an uproaring mist, what was once a pool of pitch black has now become a lake of clear blue, among many smaller lakes.

With that out of the way, the jellyfish sets her focus onto the debris -- mainly the staggering amount of fallen trees. "What to do with all these?" she wonders. After a brief time of pondering, Terra sprouts an idea of where to take the arboreal wreckage. And so, she uses her psychokinesis to lift all the tree debris from the earth they once sprouted from, grouping them together into one humongous pile. After doing so, Terra gets ready to head to a new destination, only to stop abruptly and look over at the newly formed lake.

Terra: [staring]...

After a few seconds, the jellyfish turns back around, having thought she saw something by the edge of the water. Nevertheless, she takes her leave from the Cameroon rainforest, flying over towards her idea. In regards to the larger lake, a lone object emerges from the depths, floating aimlessly about. That object is an unopened can of soda promptly titled "Pola Cola".

The scene later cuts over to the Libongo factory, a wood-working facility located Southeast of Cameroon. Within this production / storage of fine lumber are a group of Immobian termites, hard at work (and occasionally food). Speaking of which, a few workers come out from their lunch break to proceed in their shifts, only to halt in surprise at finding a massive pile of trees suddenly laying within the proximity. They see that a portion of these trees have been penetrated into halves, while another portion has been completely uprooted. As the termite workers are left completely baffled as to how this collection appeared, a green streak of light takes its leave undetected.

>> >> >> NOW LOADING...

ACT III [INT. / FRISKA'S LAB / A FEW HOURS EARLIER]

Passing by some repaired maintenance droids, Umeme and Radi follow Doc over to the workshop sector of the lab, curious of what Friska wants to show them. Said sector lies on the sixth floor, where they begin to wait for via elevator ride.

Radi: [taps his foot to the mbaqanga jazz elevator music] So Doc, what new gizmo did ya' two whip up this time?

Doc: Information classified. I was advised by Friska not to quote-on-quote "spoil the surprise".

Umeme: Hey, if it's gonna be hella awesome, no surprise there.

A few more floors later, the three reach floor 6. Upon entry, they see Friska occupied with the "surprise", by which she's applying the finishing touches with her welding torch. The contraption appears to be of a cylinder structure, showing a closed slot from its upper side. As for the top surface, it has a touch screen monitor along with a glass encasement containing a Nightmare husk sample. Blueprints aside -- having heard the elevator open, the hare ceases her work and turns around.

Friska: Oh hey, [starts taking off welding-safety equipment] you guys came just in time. How've things been on your end?

Radi: Oh, where to begin?! As if Nightmares weren't already a pai-

Umeme: [quickly interrupts Radi by arm-resting on his shoulder] H-hey! Why tell you about the boring day we had?

Radi: (via thoughts) Understatement.

Friska: (via thoughts) Understatement.

Doc: (via thoughts) 01010101 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110100 01100101 01101101 01100101 01101110 01110100 00101110 (speaks) So tha-

Umeme: [interrupts Doc the same way] When instead you could tell us about your new invention. Yeah, let's focus on that.

Radi: [walks over to said invention for closer inspection] Y'know, I'd hardly call a museum display an invention. Though it's clear to see who had the more "boring" day.

Friska: [shoves Radi aside and turns on the touch screen monitor] Pfft, as if. I've been working on this baby for weeks, so you know the payoff is huge. Check it.

After setting the "amount" to 4, with the push of a button, the machine begins operating. Its primary function involves extracting all the remnant energy from the husk piece until it's completely sapped. Within its internal design, the energy(being a form of plasma)is then converted into electricity, similar to what Doc did weeks prior. Simultaneously, 3D printing technology takes action in forging/assembling parts to create three particular items of the same brand. As both processes take place, purple light can be seen illuminating throughout the machine's exterior as the four wait.

Umeme: (curious)...

Radi: (also curious)...

Friska: (confident)...

Doc: (...)...

Less than a minute later, the machine's glow fades away. The slot on its side opens after that, revealing...

Radi: (in disbelief) Wh...

Umeme: (in utter disbelief) No...

Friska: Yyyup.

Four new and improved Nightmare Radars, each one fully charged and synchronized.

Friska: Say hello to the Nightmare Radar Generator -- NRG for short. I figured there'll be times where we'll have to split up, so why not have our own radars just in case? Beats having to share only one, am I right?

Umeme: (tries to find the right words)...

Friska: [walks over to Umeme] Oh, speaking of which. [pulls something out of his pocket] You won't be needing this prototype anymore. To be honest, I'm surprised you managed not to lose it or something.

Umeme: (and fails)...

Friska: Uuh... Umeme? Y-

Umeme: [lays down flat on his back, to Friska's confusion]...

Doc: Perhaps the surprise was too much for him.

Radi: ... Something, huh?

The scene shifts over to the Cameroon rainforest, back in the present by the time Terra's long gone. Within the environment, all that remains of its drill-muzzled threat are its husk pieces. This includes the many drill projectiles it shot out, which all turned into husks the second it was defeated. Even so, not a single one went noticed by the jellyfish, as she was too focused on collecting the debris they caused. However, they do go noticed by a particular biped. Or perhaps... "monopeds"?

The humanoid creature, standing at a height of 6 feet, has its entire body crossed vertically down the middle. A perfect split between ebony black and pearl white. The black (right) half shows a permanent smile of sadism mixed with excitement -- and a horn curved upwards like a mad bull. The white (left) half is a near-complete polar opposite. A permanent frown of dullness meshed with pessimism -- with its own horn curved downwards like a cattle awaiting the slaughter. Emphasis on the word "near" however, as these two halves do share something in common. That being their black sclera and purple irises, with sights set on a simple objective.

This unique Nightmare is currently walking in a limped motion, appearing to have a sprained back. Nevertheless, it has been going from one husk piece to another, the reason being that it's foraging for "sustenance". Its process in doing so involves physical contact with each piece, whereas it proceeds to absorb the remnant energy from within and claim it as its own. One absorption after another, it increases in both power and longevity. The Nightmare spends a good few hours foraging through the rainforest, collecting enough energy to call it a day. It stretches its back a bit, getting a feel that it's good as new.

MirriM Black: (relaxed groan) I don't know about you, but I'm just about ready to blow this joint.

MirriM White: Sure, whatever.

MirriM Black: Aw, why the long face? We've made quite a score today.

MirriM White: (sarcastically) Oh, I'm just ecstatic. Can't you tell?

MirriM walks over to the large lake that used to be a gaping sinkhole, where he goes to take a good look at his reflection.

MirriM Black: [inspects his other half's expression] Hmm...

MirriM White: ...

MirriM Black: Mmm... Mm-hmm... Mmmmnah, can't see it. Maybe if you weren't so ugly.

MirriM White: (sighs) Guess that makes two of us.

MirriM Black: (fidgetly chuckles) Now then... Where were we?

After a brief looksy, along with having a fly land on his right shoulder, MirriM takes his leave by walking into the water. More specifically, the water's reflection. By coming into contact with its reflective surface, the Nightmare makes a slick and seamless exit from this very plane of existence.

And enters an entirely new one.

...DEUNITNOC EB OT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 18.8K 80
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
46.8K 2.2K 79
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...