𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎...

By _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED** Odette Alarie live in Europe all her life until one summer when her cousin and uncle came to vi... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - TATTOO
Ch. 2 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 3 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 4 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 5 - FRAYED
Ch. 6 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 7 - CURRENTS
Ch. 8 - VISIONARY
Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 10 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 11 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 12 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 13 - ANCHORS
Ch. 14 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Ch. 15 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 16 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 17 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 18 - RIDDLED
Ch. 19 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 20 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 21 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 22 - DE-VOID
Ch. 23 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Into to Season 4
Ch. 25 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 26 - 117
Ch. 27 - MUTED
Ch. 28 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 29 - I.E.D
Ch. 30 - ORPHANED
Ch. 32 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 33 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 35 - A PROMISE TO DEATH
Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 37 - PARASOMINA
Ch. 38 - DREAMCATCHER
Ch. 39 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 40 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 41 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 42 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 43 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 44 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 46 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 49 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 50 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 51 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 52 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 53 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 54 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 55 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 56 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 57 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 58 - RELICS
Ch. 59 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 60 - GHOSTED
Ch. 61 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 62 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 64 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 65 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 66 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 67 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 68 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 69 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 70 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 71 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 72 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 73 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 74 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bouns Ch. #1
Bouns Ch. #2
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 75 - HAUNTED MEMORIES
Ch. 76 - NOT A GAME
Ch. 77 - THE RITUAL TO BRING HER BACK
Ch. 78 - ALLISON'S BACK... SORT OF
Ch. 79 - TAILS
Ch. 80 - ROWAN ASH
Ch. 81 - HIS WORLD AND OUR WORLD
Ch. 82 - THE WINNING MOVE
Ch. 83 - A FRIEND'S FINAL BATTLE

Ch. 31 - WEAPONIZED

5.4K 170 23
By _devilishEJ_

Odette's outfit

Chapter Thirty-One
💰 Weaponized 💰

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked as she, Scott, Malia, Stiles and Odette stood around at the highschool waiting to go into a class room to take their PSATs. "She took it her freshman year." Odette said making Malia look over at her, "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?"

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us." Odette said and Malia shook her head and looked at Odette like she was crazy, "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." Malia said. "Well." Stiles corrected making Odette shoot him a look while Malia look at him confused, "Well, what?"

"It's "do well," not "do good."

"Oh, God!" Malia said while Odette pinched Stiles's arm, "Not helping." She hissed lowly. "We're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college..." Scott said and Kira nodded.

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours." Kira said making Odette and Stiles groan.

"Cell phone in the envelope, Odie." Natalie said, holding up an envelope after Odette did her thumb print and grabbed a couple pencils and her test. Odette looked at the envelope then at Natalie wide eyed, not wanting to put her phone in it.

"You'll get it back after the test." Natalie said with a smile making Odette sigh and reluctantly pulled her phone out, dropping it into the bag. Ever since she moved to this town she always had her phone on her, never went anywhere without it. Who would when you live in a town like Beacon Hills.

She gave Stiles a weird look as he sat down next to her. "Did you save some pencils for everyone else?" She ask making him look at her and shrug, "Hey, you can never be too prepared." He said before starting to look over the rest booklet. Odette chuckled shook her head slightly before looking at Malia who sat in front of her looking completely nervous.

"Did you look over my notes last night?" Odette asked and Malia nodded making her smile encouragingly. "You'll do fine. Just make sure you stay calm during the test." Odette said and Malia took a deep breath and nodded, "Got it." She said before turning back around.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and ten minutes. There will be two twenty-five-minute critical reading sections, two twenty-five-minute math sections, and an essay writing portion that will last thirty minutes. There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam." Simon, the guy who ran the PSATs said, looking over at Natalie.

"I know. It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again." Natalie said and walked out of the room. Odette quietly sighed softly as she got a weird feeling but ignored it when Natalie walked back in.

"I can't find him... But Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers. Do you want me to try him?" Natalie asked and Simon shook his head, "We have to start. We can ask for his assistance during the first break." He said and then pressed a button on his watch before turning to the students, "You may now open your test booklets and begin."

Odette opened the her test booklet and started reading questions and circling in answers. Everyone was in the middle if working on their test when all of the sudden, a girl named Sydney suddenly fell to the ground making everyone stop and loom at her. "Sydney!" Natalie said running over to her, "Are you alright?" Natalie asked as she helped her up. "I'm okay... I just got kind of dizzy..." Sydney said, chuckling awkwardly.

"Sydney, how long have you had this?" Natalie asked, looking down at a red mark in Sydney's arm, "I don't know." Sydney said confused. "Ms. Martin, do I need to stop the test?" Simon asked and Natalie shook her head, ".. Um, it's fine. Everybody stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute. Nobody leaves the room." Natalie said before walking out of the class room.

"Get back! No! Do not come in here! Get back outside!" They heard Natalie start to yell out in the hall making everyone ran out the class room to see her locking the double doors. "Back to your seats! Now. Please." She said and everyone walked back into the room, Scott closing the door behind him.

💰

"Bet they're thinking smallpox." Stiles said to Odette, Malia and Kira, "Not likely." Simon said making them look over at him, "Smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979. We've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. The other was rinderpest- it killed cows." He said.

"Is that supposed to comfort us?" Odette asked as she raised her eyebrows at him, "Unless it's something worse..." He said and Odette gave him a weird look. She didn't like the vibe she got from him.

"Whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously. There are a lot of cars and trucks out there." Malia said and Odette listened for a second before looking at Stiles, "Your dad's with them." She said and Stiles nodded and stood up.

"I should probably call him." He said before walking over to where all the phones were. "Don't bother- they would have shut off any access to all outside communication by now. No cell service, no WiFi, no one starting a panic. Looks like we're all just going to have to wait here and see what happens." Simon said making Odette look at him weird before leaning over to Stiles.

"I don't like him."

💰

"Guys? Do you ever get the feeling that Scott and Stiles aren't telling you everything?" Malia asked as her, Kira and Odette took in like to get their blood tested. "What do you mean?" Kira asked and Malia smiled, "Like they hide stuff?" She asked and Kira and Odette's eyes widened slightly.

"Everyone hides things. It's a normal human trait." Odette said quickly and Kira nodded anxiously, "Yeah, and I think if they did, they'd probably have a pretty good reason." She said nervously making Odette sigh softly.

"Do you know what they're hiding in the bag under Scott's bed?" Malia asked and Kira's eyes widened again, "What? No! I've never been under Scott's bed. Or in it. Just on it... wearing clothes." She said quickly making them raise their eyebrows at her.

"Kira Yukimura?" Dr. Wentz said making Kira spin around and step forward, "You feeling all right, Kira?" She asked and Kira nodded. Dr. Wentz grabbed a syringe making Kira's eyes widen which made Dr. Wentz smile softly, "I don't like needles, either. I promise, it'll be fast." She said as Kira held her arm out.

The second the needle touched Kira's arm the Kitsune in her basically electrified the need, shocking Dr. Wentz. Odette eyes widen before grabbing Kira's arm as Dr. Wentz turned around. "Go! Go! Go!" Odette whispered shouted, pulling Kira and Malia away as they CDC people rushed Dr. Wentz outside.

They all stood around in the locker room as they watched Scott's eyes flicker from red to his normal brown. "Still happening." Mr. Yukimura said and Malia sighed and held up her clawed hands, "I can't make them go back." She said and Mr. Yukimura sighed. "Obviously, the virus is affecting the two of you in a way it won't hit any human being." He said.

"You guys have to stay out of sight." Odette said and Stiles nodded, "We have to quarantine you from the quarantine." He said and she nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent, like on a full moon?" Kira asked and Scott sighed, "We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room." Scott said.

"A classroom is not going to hold us..."

"What about the basement?"

"Too many ways out. We need something something secure- somewhere nobody can find us." Scott said and realization crossed over Odette's features, "The vault." She said making them look at her and Scott nodded. "The Hale vault. The Hales always have an escape route, like their house. There has to be another way in."

"This is where the high school sign is, so the vault's got to be right about here." Stiles said as they stood around a blueprint of the school, "I suppose, if there's a second entrance, it would probably be accessible from the basement." Mr. Yukimura said and Stiles nodded.

"It's probably somewhere in this hallway- west corridor." Stiles said as he pointed at something and all of the sudden he started fall making Odette quickly grab in to him to steady him. "It's happening to you, too. You're getting sick- you all are." Mr. Yukimura said and Odette and Kira glanced at each other. "I don't feel sick." Kira said and Odette nodded, "Neither do I."

"Well, no virus can affect a Healer Witch so you might not get affected at all." Mr. Yukimura said, looking at Odette before turning to his daughter. "But I think it's affecting you differently. Neurologically. I found your test answers here in a pile with the others." He said, pulling the sheet out to see that instead of filling out the bubbles, Kira had scribbled a circle next to them.

"We should probably get to the vault, now." Odette said and they all nodded before running out and down the stairs to the basement. They looked around until Stiles found Mark's on the wall behind a shelve, "Hey, guys? Over here." He said and they all walked over to him. Odette and Scott pulled out the shelve to reveal a triskelion carved into the wall.

"Look at the cracks in the wall. It's like the entrance outside. It only opens with claws- anyone's claws, right?" Stiles asked and Scott looked over at Malia. "Malia, can you try?" He asked making Malia look at him confused, "Why me?"

"I don't have control and it'd probably be best not to have Odette shift at all incase that'll make her get affected." Scott said, holding up his and Malia thought for a second before nodding, "Okay. I'll do it... But, first, tell me what you've been hiding from me." Malia said making them all glance at each other.

"I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it." She said and they didnt say anything right away, "I know I'm on the list!" Malia said making them slightly let out a breath of relief that apparently. "Yes..." Stiles said slowly making Malia nod, "So, how much?" She asked making Odette raise her eyebrows. "How much what?" Odette asked, "How much am I worth?"

"Four million..." Scott said making Malia look over at him before looking down, "Are you okay?" Stiles asked and she looked up and nodded. "Yeah. Scott's worth twenty-five-, Odette, twenty-four, Kira, six. They'll take you guys out way before me." Malia said before walking over to the vault door.

"That's progress. That's progress." Stiles muttered right as Malia went to stick her claws in the markings. Malia was able to turn the lock making the vault door open.

After a few minutes, Kira paced back and forth, Scott sat on a metal box and Odette lied against Stiles's chest with his arms around her and Malia sat next to him. "You know, this is where it all started. That's where the money was. One hundred and seventeen million in bearer bonds." Stiles said, looking over at the safe that Scott sat by.

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Kira asked and Odette shrugged slightly, "Bank." She said making them look st her. "My father had some saved, I'm supped to get them when I turn eighteen. Although, I highly doubt it's where near 117 million." She said and Stiles nodded.

"They just let it sit here the whole time, collecting dust. You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?" Stiles asked as he slightly traced circled on Odette's hand, "Why does it matter?" Kira asked and Stiles sighed.

"You know how many problems that money could solve?" Stiles asked making Kia raise her eyebrows slightly, "For you?" Kira asked. "Me, my dad... The Eichen House and MRI bills are killing him." Stiles said.

"My mom does this thing... she writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, and then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until... we lose the house." Scott explained and they all sat in silence for a little while.

💰

"Anything?" Stiles asked as he, Odette and Scott stood by the vault door, "They're looking for us. Someone's going to have to go out there." Scott said and Odette sighed softly before glancing back at Malia. "We need to tell her the truth about Peter. She's going to see the rest of the Deadpool eventually." Scott said and she sighed.

"Peter is the one name missing on that list- which either makes him unbelievably lucky, or the Benefactor." Odette said and Stiles nodded slightly, "She finds out about him, she's going to go to him. You know she is. And then he's going to twist his way into her head, like he does with everyone- including us. We let him walk around like nothing ever happened, like he's one of the good guys." Stiles said.

"He's not one of the good guys. If she finds out about him, she's gone. That's probably what he's waiting for. And if he wins, we lose. I'm not losing one of my best friends to a psychopath." Odette said and Scott sighed and shook his head, "We're already losing."

💰

"Malia." Odette said as she softly shook Malia's shoulder making her look at her, "Stiles and I gotta leave for a few, okay?" She said and Malia frowned slightly. "Where are you going?" She asked and Odette sighed softly, "Whatever's happening? It's worse for you guys. That means it's not just people getting sick- it's another assassin. And I can't heal you guys if I don't what kind if virus this is." Odette said.

"You're coming back, right?" Malia asked and Odette smiled and nodded, "Of course I am. We don't leave each other behind remember?" She said and Malia smiled weakly and nodded. Odette smiled softly at her before standing up and walking over to Stiles who was waiting for her by the door.

She sighed softly and he grabbed her hand before they walked out the vault, letting the door close behind them. "Let's go." Stiles said before pulling Odette up the stairs.

They ran into quarantine and over to Natalie who looked at Stiles worriedly,
"Stiles, you're not looking so good. Maybe you ought to lie down." Natalie said and he shook his head, "It's okay. Have you seen Mr. Yukimura?" He asked and Natalie nodded.

"Yeah, he's fine. He's helping the other students." She said and Stiles nodded and went to walk away but Odette didn't move as something caught her eye. "Is Coach the only adult who got sick today?" She asked, looking at Natalie, "As far as I know." She answered and Stiles and Odette glanced at each other.

"Why is he...?" Stiles muttered and Natalie grabbed his arm, "Stiles? I think you should lie down." She said and he shook his head. "Yeah, no, it's okay. We'll be back. We'll be right back-" He said before grabbing Odette's hand and jogging out the room.

They ran into Coach's office and instantly started digging around everything. The moved to the desk as Stiles started looking through papers that Coach was stamping to see the red ink had started fading before becoming black. "Stiles." Odette said as she grabbed Coach's mug to show a bunch if black smudges, "It's the ink." She said in a slight whisper.

"I was wondering how that idiot got sick." Someone said making them jump and turn around to see Simon standing in the door way holding a gun, "I'm also wondering where your friends are. Since, it order to get paid by the Benefactor, I need to have proof that they're dead." He said as he messed with the gun. "Visual confirmation..." Stiles said as he grabbed Odette's hand tightly, "Exactly." Simon said before pointing the gun at them.

"Still a bit feverish, Mr. Stilinski?" Simon asked as he made Odette and Stiles walk into the locker room. "But, you should know something. The virus doesn't kill humans. You'll get better. So, don't you think you should tell me where they are? Shouldn't one of you get to live? Although, I am quite curious on how you're not being effect at all, Odette." He said turning to her, "I made sure to design it to kill both werewolves and witches."

Odette just hummed and nodded slightly, "Maybe next time you should read up on Healer Witch." She spat and he chuckled. "Why don't you just tell me where the rest of your friends are?" He said and Stiles sighed, "I think I saw them in the library.... Or, it might have been the cafeteria. It was definitely one of those two." He said sarcastically.

"I'm going to count to three, and then I'm going to kill her." Simon said, holding the gun in front of Odette forehead making Stiles turn around while Odette just stared at Simon, "You think you can scare by pointing at gun at me?" She asked and he chuckled.

"No... I think I can kill you. I just thought the countdown would make it more exciting. So, One. Two-" He said and Stiles grabbed Odette, pulling her behind him right as a gun shot with off making Odette gasp.She looked up at him with wide eyes making her sigh in relief when she realized he wasn't the one to get shot. Instead it was Simon who was shot.

"Where the hell did you come from?" Stiles asked as they looked over at Agent McCall, "Guys, listen. I got a call from Melissa. I don't know what it means. She said there's an antidote? Reishi mushrooms..." He said making them look at him confused. "Wait, what's in a vault?" Stiles asked, "It's in a jar on one of the shelves. She said to tell Scott, It's in the vault." He said and Stiles instantly grabbed Odette's band and ran down to the basement.

"Hey, Scott? Scotty? In the vault, in there with you- it's called reishi mushrooms. Scott? Scott, open the door! It's in there with you! It's in a jar, it's on one of the shelves. Scott! Scott, can you hear me?" Stiles yelled as they pounded on the door. They got no answer back making Odette turn to Stiles with glossy eyes.

"Don't you ever try to take a bullet for me!" She said as she gently pushed his chest making him sigh when he saw the terrified look on her face, "I can't heal a bullet to a head, Stiles!" She said as a tear ran down her cheek. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to him gently resting his chin on the top of her head.

A few seconds later the door started to open making them pull away to see Scott standing there completely fine. Stiles instantly pulled him into a high while Odette ran over to Malia.

"Hey, you alright?" She asked but Malia didn't say anything, "Malia?" Odette asked again, grabbing her shoulder but Malia grabbed her arm, before looking at her with glossy eyes. She dropped Odette's hand then stood up, dropping a piece of paper as she walked out.

Odette grabbed the paper and unfolded it to see it was the deadpool from Stiles's jacket that he left there making her sigh softly and close her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 21.1K 121
** COMPLETED ** It's been years since the fire that killed most of her family, but Amara Hale has been able to move on as much as she can. But it see...
24.4K 702 36
🎵𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙🎵 After summer break the pack is thrown back into the whirlwind that is beacon hills. Alex is re...
106K 5K 52
[BOOK 5] "𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 - 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡." F...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...