The Memoirs of A Hathaway Boo...

By butterfly_kiss

What if Rose had gotten pregnant after the cabin scene and 16 years later she's dealing with her daughter's s... More

The Memoirs of A Hathaway
Chapter Two: Arrival
Chapter 3: A Discussion to Remember
Chapter 4: Debutantee Ball
Chapter 5: Denial and Truth
Chapter 6: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 7: Dinner Disaster
Chapter 8: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 9: Unexpected Surprises
Chapter 10: In the Silence
Chapter 11: Bundle of Joy
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Lost Love and Double Duties
Chapter 14: Here Comes Trouble
Chapter 15: Look Who's Back in Town
Chapter 16: Shattered Perfection
Chapter 17: We All Love Something We Can't Have
Chapter 18: What Just Happened?
Chapter 19: Dinner With The Zecklos
Chapter 20: No Brother Of Mine
Chapter 21: Welcome Home Son
Chapter 22: Getaway Cars, Breakdowns and Love Triangles Oh My!
Chapter 23: Sisters Reunited
Chapter 24: The Definition of Fear
Chapter 25: Ghost
Chapter 26: Sixteen Candles
Chapter 27: Sweet, Oh Sweet Sixteen
Chapter 28: Aftermath
EPILOGUE
JOIN THE MEMOIRS CAST CONTEST! (OPEN)
NEW STORY
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 29: Moving On

1K 27 0
By butterfly_kiss

Chapter 29: Moving On

Rose POV

Lissa and Christian had invited all of us into their home for an after party. We had spent the whole day talking and having fun.

Lissa and Christian were cooking in the kitchen and I was sitting on the bar stool watching them sipping a glass of water as Eddie and Dimitri were deep in conversation.

Christian popped a bottle of wine and offered me a glass, “Drink up Rose. You deserve it.”

I held my glass of water close and sighed, “Not tonight Christian.”

He shrugged offered the glass to Adrian as he walked into the room.

His eyes met mine as he walked into the foyer. I got up and followed him. He was leaning against the stairwell looking tired and older then he was. The glass of wine was already history.

He looked at me and sighed, “It’s done.”

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. He put the empty glass on the small table next to him and looked at me.

“I did what you wanted Rose. Now I want to know the truth.”

I looked down not offering any words. I wouldn’t tell him. I couldn’t. Because I didn’t even know the truth.

He lifted my chin and concern etched every feature of his face, “You’re pregnant aren’t you?”

His voice was low but it was masked with so much concern.

I gulped, “I don’t know. I won’t know for a few more weeks.”

Adrian let go of my chin and cursed.

Then he looked at me his eyes fierce, “Let’s hope for all of our sakes that you aren’t. Not when Lissa’s head is on the line like you said. One slip and she could die. The knife is at her throat already. Have you heard the gossip? Even talked to the public? This race is a dangerous one. And her guardian does not need to be on the sidelines fighting for her own life when she needs her the most.”

He was right. I looked at him and stood tall, “Then we pray it doesn’t come down to that.”

Then I walked away back into the kitchen.

Alana POV

I felt somewhat older.

Okay, I know my birthday was the day before but I felt older then my sixteen years.

I refused to think about Eric but it was like telling my body not to breathe.

I was sitting on Lissa’s front porch just watching the clouds as they hovered over the moon.

I smelt Leila’s sweet perfume as she sat next to me.

She leaned her head on me and sighed.

“Who would have ever thought our junior year would be like this?”

I smiled a tiny smile, “Why whatever do you mean?”

She giggled,” You know what I mean. Me planning for a wedding that’s my own. You killing strigoi and on your way to being a kick ass guardian. Although that last one would have happened eventually.”

I sighed and hugged my best friend.

“Just say the word and we can run away.” I said playfully.

Leila laughed, “Yeah, your mom and Lissa already did that. If we want to be remembered we have to do way better than that.”

I laughed. She laughed. And we sat there together in a peaceful silence for the rest of the night.

Lissa POV

I lie in bed and felt the weight on my shoulders lift. Christian’s arm wrapped around me and he kissed my hair.

“Mmm…you smell good.” He said trailing kisses down my neck. I giggled as his hand played with the edge of my shirt.

I turned around in his arms and looked into his eyes. He was smiling as he kissed my nose.

“You’re gorgeous.” He murmured as he kissed my lips gently.

He kissed my harder and my mouth exploded as our lips began a dance of their own. He pulled away but his lips didn’t leave my body as he again attacked my neck with kisses.

He flipped me on my back and looked at my full on taking me all in.

I blushed under his scrutiny.

“No matter what Lissa, you will always be my Queen.”

Then he kissed me again and took me away to our own private world.

Carly POV

I felt better. Still sore.

But most of all I felt lonely. Mila had not been back since she had told me about running in with our father.

I felt anxious as she walked through the door, a fresh vase of flowers in her hand. She placed it on the small nightstand.

“Thought the room could use a little color.” She said sitting in the chair.

I looked at the flowers. They were so pretty.

A pregnant silence hung in the air between us and finally I gave in. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’m sorry Mila.”

She looked up and sighed, “I know you are.”

Then she picked up a magazine and began reading. But it wasn’t enough.

“I know you hate me.” I said. Wow, if I hadn’t been saying that a lot lately.

She looked at me and put the magazine down, “I don’t hate you. I was just mad. Mad because you didn’t take me with you when you left. But now I see that maybe that was for the better.”

I cringed and she sighed, “All that matters is that you’re home now. I’m not mad but happy. Happy to finally have my sister back and not feel complete alone.”

Then she began reading again leaving the conversation like that.

And I knew that was enough. Mila didn’t talk or offer emotion easily.

But I knew she would always have a place in her heart for sad excuse for a sister.

And that was enough in my book.

Alana POV

That night when I got home and opened my bedroom door I was surprised to see a white envelope on my bed.

I sat on the edge and read the front of the envelope.

‘To My Dearest Alana’

Curiosity took over and I finally opened the envelope. A small golden cross slipped out of a folded paper.

The cross was beautiful. It was gold and the chain was rather thin but it sparkled in the light.

I frowned and unfolded the paper surprised to see one sentence.

Look under your bed

I felt shivers. Okay like that wasn’t cryptic or anything. I kneeled down and gazed underneath my bed. It was clear except for a thick hard banded book.

I flipped the pages to see it was filled with writing. Like a journal of some sorts.

Another letter slipped out.

I but the book down and opened the paper.

This time it was a rather long letter.

Alana,

                If you are reading this it could mean two things. One that I have failed and am no longer a part of your world or that the time has come that I can no longer protect you and your mother.

                Alana, you need to protect those you love no matter what for we are all in grave danger. I have held onto secrets for my entire life. Read this journal and you will understand what you need to do. You will know how to save those you love.

                Because you are the key to finding out the truth. You are the key to ending the war that is about to come down onto out heads.

                No matter what. I love you. I always have.

                       Janine

I held the old book in my hands. How was I supposed to save the world with just an old journal?

I closed my eyes and sighed as I fell back onto the mattress.

I would never be a normal sixteen year old girl.

Now when the entire Moroi world was now resting upon my shoulders.

Rose POV

I felt his presence before he spoke.

“Can I walk you home?” Dimitri asked wrapping his arm around my waist.

I smiled and leaned into him looking at the stars in the sky.

He followed my gaze.

“It’s beautiful.” I said resting my head on his broad chest.

“Not as beautiful as you.” He said twirling a piece of my hair around his thumb.

I turned in his arms and watched the moon light shine onto his face.

I smiled and cupped his chin, “I love you Dimitri Belikov.”

He cleared his throat but it sounded more like a growl as he pulled me into him and kissed my mouth.

He pulled away, “And I you, my Roza.”

Then he kissed me again, washing away all my troubles and leaving me with only him.

Just like it would always be.

A/N: Stay tuned for the Epilogue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.7K 26
Basically this starts when Dimitri leaves Rose. 'Love Fades. Mine has.' But he doesn't come back. Instead he attempts to fall in love with Tasha. But...
146K 3.8K 37
This is set when Dimitri tells Rose that his love had faded. How will she cope with the heartache? A week after Dimitri leaves Rose visits him and Ta...
83.7K 1.6K 44
Previously called After Last Sacrifice. This takes place after Last Sacrifice. Sydney has discovered a way for dhampirs to have kids together. Knowin...
21.1K 710 29
Rose has a secret, a secret she's been keeping from everyone. What happens when she loses control and someone finds out? #1 vampireacademy 06/14/22 #...