𝐆𝐑𝐘𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐄�...

By luvelyslytherin

At the age of fifteen Hope Mikaelson was feared by many in the supernatural world. Being Niklaus Mikaelson's... More

𝟎𝟎. 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨
𝟎𝟏. 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟎𝟐. 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟎𝟑. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝟎𝟒. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟓. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐚𝐭
𝟎𝟔. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫
𝟎𝟖. 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
𝟎𝟗. 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟎. 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟏. 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝟏𝟐. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐲
𝟏𝟑. 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐭. 𝟏
𝟏𝟒. 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐
𝟏𝟓. 𝐁𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞
𝟏𝟔. 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟏𝟕. 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟖. 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐄𝐫𝐚
𝟏𝟗. 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞
𝟐𝟎. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐𝟏. 𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟐. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞
𝟐𝟑. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠
Not An Update :(
𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝟐𝟒. 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐲
𝟐𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝟐𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝟐𝟕. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚?
𝟐𝟖. 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟐𝟗. 𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝟑𝟎. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬, 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝟑𝟏. 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐱 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞
ATTENTION
𝟑𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐮𝐭
Hey guys.
𝟑𝟑. 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐞 𝐈 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
𝟑𝟒. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐰
𝟑𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝟑𝟔. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝟑𝟕. 𝐀 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐞
𝟑𝟖. 𝐒𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲
𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥
𝟑𝟗. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜
𝟒𝟎. 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝟒𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐬 𝐀 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧

973 25 9
By luvelyslytherin

UNEDITED
41. The Mind Is A Powerful Weapon

⚜️

"Stupefy!"

As soon as the words left the student's mouths they were running through the maze of prophecies. They turned corner after corner until a shadow materialized in front of the group.
Draco's father appeared from the shadow with his hand out waiting for Harry to give him the prophecy. The group backed up and turned down a different path. They tried not to separate but somehow Luna was by herself looking around the different pathways.

From behind her came a person in a mask from the shadows who attacked her as soon as she was facing them. She fell to the ground on her back, wand in hand. As the person tried to come at her she raised her wand with a glassy smile, "Levicorpus!" The person was immediately thrown away from her and into the darkness of the prophecies. She watched as they disappeared with blood filling her mouth from the attack. Without another second to think, she was again up on her feet and running through the maze to find her friends.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione ran down one of the pathways as fast as they could. Their friends were scattered now and from the distance, they could hear Neville yelling out a spell. "Petrificus Totalus!" By that time, Luna had found him and told him he did well. She then pulled him down the way to where she could hear their friend's footsteps as they ran.

The Golden Trio came to a standstill when they got to the end of one of the pathways, not knowing where to go next. Harry had no time to think as another person materialized in front of Hermione with a mask covering their face.
As Harry stepped out with Ron from the path another person came from the shadows behind him. He immediately yelled out Stupefy and watched as the person was thrown away from them. Both Hermione and Ron called out the same spell as they all began to run down the main pathway through the maze. This specific person wasn't going anywhere, meaning they had to be stronger than the others. A shadow came up right beside Harry as he was running, a face he didn't recognize coming out from it to smirk at him.

Instead of yelling out the same spell, Hermione decided to throw prophecies at the person coming after them. One of them hit the person over the head but didn't stop them. It did create some sort of distraction as the person walked after them though.

Harry was in front of them running, yelling out the same spell hoping to get rid of the person flying through the shadows beside him. Finally, he was thrown away from him and into the darkness. Just as Harry was about to keep running through an intersection, all of his friends suddenly popped up in front of him.

All but one, the one and only Hope Mikaelson.

⚜️

Hope Mikaelson was taken into another room the moment the group yelled out Stupefy. She was transported into a room that was well-lit and empty. She landed on her feet with her wand raised. She didn't need it, but for show, she always had it when going out at Hogwarts. "Who brought me here? Show yourself!" A masked figure came out from the single shadow that appeared in front of her. She narrowed her eyes as she took in the person stepping out of the shadow. Once the person was fully solid they removed their mask with the swipe of their wand in front of their face.

"Hello, Hope Mikaelson. I have had yet the pleasure to meet you. Seeing as you've made my son weak."

Platinum blond hair fell over the man's shoulders that led up his slightly crooked nose that reminded her of the boy she loved back at Hogwarts. The man's striking blue eyes rippled through her body in a bad way, unlike the way her boyfriend made her feel the opposite. Her wand lowered just the slightest as she waited for him to continue, knowing that there was a reason that she was brought here.

"My name is Lucious Malfoy. Draco's father. As you've now guessed, I'm assuming. My son wouldn't be with someone who was not intelligent." Lucious tapped his chin with his finger as if he were thinking long and hard on the subject. A few seconds went by when his eyes lit up and he turned to her with his finger in the air.
"Ah, but there is something to discuss. You see, my son is ready for his task from the Dark Lord, and for some reason," he paused to look over the girl before him, "he doesn't want to undergo the Dark Lord's legilimency anymore when it was no problem a month ago." Lucious turned fully to Hope with hardened eyes, lips in a thin frown.

"Why is that, Hope Mikaelson?"

He began walking around the medium-sized room, arms now locked behind his straightened back. "I've done some research on you, girl. I think there is much more to you than meets the eye, isn't there? Mikaelson. A name lost here in the wizarding world but known very well across the water. Wouldn't you think so?"

Hope stilled in her spot, eyes wide as she took in the way he was now smirking at her. He couldn't have found out much, could he?, she thought to herself. She supposed he was very resourceful. The tribrid looked him up and down as if daring him to keep going. "Tell me, Hope Mikaelson, what do you think would happen if I told the Dark Lord of the power you hold?" Lucious raised his wand in a sudden motion, catching Hope completely off guard.

"Maybe, we'll have to see!"

⚜️

The group was together again looking at the shadow coming toward them quickly. It was so fast that they had no time to get their wands up, that is, except for Ginny who stepped forward and raised her wand. "Reducto!" A blast of blue light left her wand and made its way to the shadow.
When the spell hit it exploded in a ball of blue light. They all watched as dust filled the air where the shadow was before, and the balls of prophecies began falling all around it. Glass shattered as they fell to the ground, more and more coming toward them where they stood.
As the falling prophecies got closer, Luna was pulled back by Neville as she was looking up at where they were falling from. "Get back to the door!" called out Harry.

They were all running as the prophecies fell faster and faster behind them. They were beginning to catch up with them the closer to the door they got. Harry was now wondering where Hope was and if she was somehow caught up in the falling glass prophecies.
The shelves felt like they were closing in on them, glass blowing all around them in small shards that cut along their faces and hands. When Harry found the door he opened it and ran through not even looking down. One by one they all went through the door and fell down a circular opening. They were all stopped by a mysterious presence just before they splattered into the sand below them.

After being held up for a few seconds they were let go onto the ground. Harry still held onto his prophecy, looking at it swirl from the inside out.

The group of students all began to get up grunting and panting as they did. Ron breathed out a sigh as he looked around the room they were now in, "Department of Mysteries. They got that bit right, didn't they?"

Harry was now looking up at what seemed to be a stone archway bathed in the light from above. The others stopped and looked up as well. It was truly a breathtaking scene to take in. Harry stepped forward slightly as he heard voices from inside the archway. "The voices. Can you tell what they're saying?"
Hermione looked at Ron for a second before looking at the back of Harry, who was still walking toward the archway. "There aren't any voices, Harry. Let's get out of here." As Hermione turned to look for a way out she heard the sweet voice of Luna, "I hear them too."

For the two of them the whispers got louder the closer they got, calling out to them. For the others in the room, it was an empty archway. "Harry, it's just an empty archway. Please, Harry." A sudden feeling washed over Harry, who turned around with his wand pointed in the air. "Get behind me!"

There was a sudden noise throughout the air that sounded like a rumbling. Shadows ran past the group from every which way pulling at their bodies and wands. They couldn't see much in front of them and with the number of shadows around them, none of them seemed to be able to get a spell out. Harry fell to the ground curled into a ball with the glass prophecy still in his hand tightly.

When the shadows disappeared from above him he slowly got up to his feet and looked around him.

Around him were a bunch of people that had each one of his friends held in their grips, wands pointed at their necks. They all struggled against their captors, and as a wicked laugh sounded throughout the air, Harry saw the one person that had been missing from his group since they separated.

There was Hope being walked up the small sandy hill with Lucious' wand pressed against her back. She had her hands up to where everyone could see them and a look in her eyes that told Harry not to do anything too sudden.

"Did you actually believe... or were you truly naive enough to think... that children stood a chance... against us?"

When Lucious and Hope reached Harry, the tribrid was pushed toward Harry as the platinum blond continued to walk past them. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter." He turned back to them with his hand held out once again, "Give me the prophecy now... or watch your friends... die." Harry looked around at all of his friends being held captive by the death eaters, all looking back at him with frightened looks on their faces.

The Gryffindor was breathing harshly as he was trying to decide what to do. He knew they might very well kill them, but even if he did give them the prophecy there was no guarantee they would let them live. "Don't give it to him, Harry!" Hope's eyes snapped over to Neville, who was being held captive by the person that killed his parents. Her respect for him skyrocketed at that moment as she watched Bellatrix snap his head back and run her wand down the side of his head, shushing him.

Harry, very slowly, raised the prophecy and placed it into Lucious' outstretched hand. Lucious breathed in a sense of accomplishment while Harry looked away from him. The hair on the back of Hope's neck suddenly stood straight up as a bright light showed up from behind Lucious.
The three of them turned to where the light went away and a man with curly hair and deep brown eyes stepped forward.

"Get away from my godson."

The air was still for a single second before the man punched Lucious to the ground. Suddenly, there were flashes of bright golden light, one flying at each of the people holding the students hostage.

As Lucious fell to the ground the glass ball fell out of his hands and shattered against a rock. Harry's godfather had pulled him and Hope behind a rock while the golden lights began to stop just before them. Out from the bright lights came people who must've been on their side. The fighting began once again with the people from the light and the shadows. The Hogwarts students were being rescued around Hope who was pulled down by Harry against the rock.
Sirius stopped the two as they rounded the rock, "Now, listen to me, I want you to take the others and get out of here." Harry shook his head in denial, "What? No, I'm staying with you." Sirius looked his godson in the eyes and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You've done beautifully. Now let me take it from here." Hope placed a hand on Harry's shoulder as well, trying to get him to somehow be okay with leaving his godfather once again.

She knew how hard it would be to leave someone you deemed the only family you have left. She felt it so deep down in her soul she couldn't be mad at him for wanting to stay. As she was about to tell him they should leave they heard the voice of her boyfriend's father.

"Black."

The three of them turned to see Lucious pull his wand out of its holder and raise it toward Harry. Both Hope and Sirius went in front of Harry, Sirius blocking most of the spell with his body. Two more shadows appeared beside Lucious and a full-blown battle of wordless spells began to ring out through the air between the six of them.

The fighting continued all around them as they fought the three death-eaters in front of them. Harry blocked a spell from the man that pointed one at him and made it retract back at him, causing him to fall back through the air.
Hope was getting tired of going easy on the person in front of her and rolled her eyes sending a wave of power at them. The person in the mask and robes flew back in the air hitting the wall behind them before sliding down in a heap of air.
When they were out of the picture she turned to see Harry use Expelliarmus toward Lucious, whose wand holder went flying from his hand. "Nice one, James!" Sirius called out. Hope watched Harry's face become confused for a second before they were both watching the man get in front of him with clear intent in his stance.

Sirius sent a wordless spell at Lucious knocking his wand out of his hands. The platinum blond looked as his wand fell to the ground with a growl in his throat. Before he could summon it back into his hands he was thrown back by another blast of magic from Sirius and into the ground. He screamed out as he fell on his back, and the sound of him falling almost drowned out a spell that they all knew too well.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Hope hadn't seen it coming and could do nothing about the green magic hitting the chest of Sirius. Bellatrix had appeared from the shadows out of nowhere and had thrown the spell so quickly that there was no time for a reflex. Harry's face fell immediately when he realized that the spell was directed at Sirius and had hit him square in the chest.
Sirius groaned in his spot in front of the archway that seemed to be pulling him into the smokey entrance. The more he walked into it, the paler he got, and the more dead he looked. Harry could only watch as his godfather fell into the smoke of the archway, eyes rolling to the back of his head and falling completely into the entrance.
The tribrid's eyes widened as she watched it happen and walked behind Harry. She placed her hand on his shoulder as the body disappeared into the air. The Gryffindor suddenly screamed, deep sobs coming from him as he tried to go into the smoke himself.
Hope used her strength to keep him against her, hugging him to her as she tried to tell him they had to get out of there. He screamed and screamed until his throat was dry, all with Hope holding onto him as the only thing keeping him grounded. She heard a dark chuckle from a corner of the room and made eye contact with the one and only Bellatrix who smirked back at her before disappearing around a corner.

It was as if Harry miraculously received some of Hope's strength at that moment as he forcefully removed her arms from around him and began to run after her. Hope looked around for someone else to help her with Harry, but it seemed no one else was around as they were still all fighting or getting away.

The tribrid huffed knowing it was going to be hard to get through to Harry in this state, and seeing as she had been there more than once, she wasn't sure how easy it would be to get him back.

As Hope rounded the corner after Harry she could hear the sadistic voice of Bellatrix using a sing-song voice. "I killed Sirius Black." Her voice echoed through the air around the two of them as she ran in front of them. Harry was running toward her and Hope was right behind him. "You coming to get me?" The young wizard paused for a single second to call out another unforgivable curse, "Crucio!"
Bellatrix was hit in the back and fell to her side with a grunt. As the wizard and tribrid came to a halt in front of her she turned to look at them with her wild hair falling over those crazed eyes of hers. She suddenly let her eyes become glossy as her bottom lip began to tremble. She almost looked like she was about to cry in her spot.

Just as Harry looked like he was going to say the curse again, a voice sounded inside his head. Hope heard it too, the whisper of a voice in both of their heads now. "You've got to mean it, Harry. She killed him." Hope could tell the voice was getting to him, and that this must be the voice of Voldemort.
Just looking at the young wizard you could tell he wasn't in his right mind. Hope slowly inched toward Harry as the voice began to talk again. "She deserves it. You know the spell, Harry." Hope's hand was centimeters from Harry's forearm when she felt a presence come up beside the two.

Her eyes shifted to their golden hue for a few seconds as a shadow of a man with a hybrid human-snake face came into her view. The tribrid could hear Bellatrix's laugh from the ground as she watched the man materialize behind Harry. "Do it! Do it!" Harry realized the voice wasn't in his head anymore, but right behind him. He turned quickly, raising his wand, which was knocked from his hand wordlessly the Voldemort.

The snake man dressed in black robes stared down Harry before looking to Hope and back. "So weak." Harry was again on the verge of tears as Hope stepped in front of him with her body covering his.

Another person entered the room then, in a green flame in the corner. It was the ex-Hogwarts Headmaster, Dumbledore. His eyes were set in anger as he pulled out his wand from his blue robes. "It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom."
He walked toward Voldemort with an intensity Hope hadn't yet seen on the old Headmaster. "The Aurors are on their way." Dumbledore and Voldemort were at a standoff now, with Voldemort under the assumption that he had already won.

"By which time I shall be gone, and you... shall be dead."

Out of instinct, Hope teleported her and Harry to the side of the hallway just as Voldemort and Dumbledore began to battle. Spells were flying through the air between the two, sparks landing all around them. Hope shielded Harry with her body as she watched Bellatrix crawl into one of the spaces between the pillars and disappear in a green flame.

It was a battle between red and blue magic.

Hope knew they needed to get out of there, but she didn't know how to do that. She turned back to Harry and placed her hands on either side of his face making him look at her. "Harry! Harry, can you hear me?" The magic around them was hitting the walls above and on the side of them, pieces of the wall flying at them. "Harry! I need you to hear me! Can you do that for me?" Harry barely nodded when Hope felt a heat suddenly come up behind her.
Her body stilled before she and Harry turned to see a red-flammed snake hissing in their direction and Voldemort laughing wickedly behind it. The snake made a break for Dumbeldore who cast a spell that made the flaming snake explode into a fire that went straight toward Voldemort. The Dark Lord pushed the fire away and was then swept up by a body of water Dumbledore sent his way.

Dumbeldore had Voldemort trapped in a sphere of water, moving it around in the air. Both Hope and Harry stood up to follow him but were pushed back by a small wave of Dumbledore's magic. They both fell back onto their backs just as the sphere dropped to the ground and Voldemort let out an anguished cry. He lifted his wand and sent pure dark magic at Dumbeldore, who shielded himself with blue magic. The black magic was going back into Voldemort before he suddenly screamed out and a huge blast flew over the room.

The glass in the room shattered all around them from the blast and without a second thought Hope called out a spell, "Bulla!" creating a shield around her and Harry. They were still on the ground when the shield went up blocking them from the glass shards. When the shards were all on the floor Voldemort raised his hands and wand.
Hope watched beside Harry as the glass shards from the ground began to lift in the air and fly toward them. The tribrid immediately let the shield fall from above them and stood up creating another shield big enough for the two of them and Dumbledore.

The shards fell to the side of them or to the ground in front of Hope, making Voldemort's ecstatic grin turn into a deep frown. The shield fell as Harry and Dumbledore stood up behind her. The Dark Lord looked horrified for a second as he looked Hope up and down.
He simply couldn't believe there was another child strong enough to even dare stand against him. Dare he say that she was stronger than Harry? Hope lifted a brow at him, daring him to do something else, but just as quickly as he had shown up he was gone in a cloud of dust.

The three left in the room thought that it was all over until Harry began to choke. Hope was turning toward him as soon as she felt him struggling through their bond. She rushed over to him as he fell to the ground struggling to breathe. "Harry! Harry, what's wrong? I can't tell what's wrong!"
As Dumbledore came up beside her Harry's eyes changed from their forest green to a hideous neon Avada Kedavra green. "You- You've lost, old man."

Harry suddenly screamed out and a flash of a woman holding a baby crossed both his and Hope's mind. Flashes kept coming into the tribrid's mind from Harry's as he groaned and squirmed in pain on the ground before her. "Harry!" Hope reached out to him as his eyes shifted back to their green color for a split second. He groaned out again as the flashes kept repeating and Voldemort's voice rang out in his mind. "So weak. So vulnerable. Look at me."

Hope felt helpless as she watched Harry on the ground. Their minds disconnected, leaving her in the dark as to what was going on in his mind. His body was now flailing around and she knew he was in so much pain but that she couldn't do anything about it.

Dumbledore got close to Harry then, whispering out to him. "Harry, it's not how you are alike. It's how you are not."

Harry's eyes kept changing from green to grey and that ugly green color. Over and over again it kept happening and all Hope could do was watch him as he fought his own battle within. Harry suddenly stilled in front of the tribrid. Her eyes raked over his body, "Harry?" A tear fell down her cheek as her hand found its way over his heart.

"I'm not sure what it going on in that mind of yours right now because I'm actually being blocked out by you, which I am so proud of you for, but listen to me right now, Harry. I know what it's like to have to fight your inner demons. I need you to remember what it is you've been fighting for. Remember everything good, everything that you love, and that makes you happy. Remember it, all of it."

There was a sudden warm feeling that washed over Hope's body then, and flashes of what looked like Harry's happiest moments flashed through her mind. She smiled as she saw one of them in the Gryffindor tower, a happier moment between the two of them. One where it was just them sipping hot cocoa and munching on coffee cake.

"You're the weak one... and you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you." Harry grunted in pain again, "Aah!" Harry suddenly flipped on his back as what seemed like some of the pure black magic Voldemort was using before left his body.
Above them stood Voldemort materialized once again, this time looking down at Harry and Hope both. "You're a fool, Harry Potter. And you will lose... everything." Voldemort leaned down toward Hope then, his eyes no longer filled with fear but with confidence.

"And you... You will become part of my death eaters, I'll make sure of it."

Sudden swooshing sounds could be heard down the hallway behind them as Hope stood up to face Voldemort. He turned just as someone stepped out from between the pillars followed by about twenty others right behind him. Voldemort suddenly stepped back and left in a swirl of dust, and Hope knew that this time he wouldn't be coming back.

She realized one thing from this entire night, and that is that Voldemort didn't want it to be known he was back yet. But now, seeing as the minister is standing down the hall looking like he had just seen death itself, she knew that plan was out the window.

Hope bent back down beside Harry and pulled his unconscious body into her lap. Dumbledore stood up beside them and looked back at the minister who was stuck in his spot in pure fright. He had no choice but to believe them now when they say that the Dark Lord is back, and now he couldn't hide the accusations either. With a shaky breath, as everyone in the room was walking toward where Hope held Harry to her chest now, he spoke.

"He's back."

🎄🎄🎄

A/N

Okay. One more chapter and then... THIS BOOK WILL BE COMPLETED!!! Can you guys believe it?! It's finally going to be finished after all this time! I need to really see when I started writing this because I don't remember 🤔🤔

Anyways! I feel like this chapter was insanely good for some reason and now it's like "GO BACK AND REWRITE EVERYTHING!!!" But no, for real, why was this chapter actually kind of so good writing wise??? Like??? Ecqueeze me??? But I hope you guys did like this chapter! This was like 4 planned chapters all rolled into one lol. So now there is only one more!! I'm so excited!!!

For anyone who wants to know, after I finish this book I will be completing WORTHY (A Stiles Stilinski x Percy Jackson fanfic) and then I will be continuing REALITY (The second book in my Hayden Bentley series) So for anyone wondering... I will post about it on my board when the time gets closer but for now... enjoy this chapter and look forward to a bit more of a fluffier last chapter!

🎄🎄🎄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 529 26
You are the youngest daughter of the Nikluas Mikaelson (the big bad hybrid) and Haley Marshall (alpha to the crescent wolfs) and your older sister...
31.8K 991 38
"Because unlike you, I didn't break my promise." "I had to! I had to do that because if I hadn't, you would have suffered." "Tsk, tsk. Joke's on yo...
67.1K 1.3K 62
You all know Hope Mikaelson daughter of klaus and Haley. But I bet you didn't know me, the daughter of Klaus and Caroline.... Hi my name is Y/N. The...
88.6K 3.9K 42
It has been fourteen years since Hope Andrea Mikaelson was announced dead to the world. Hayley has spent the past decade blaming herself for Hope's d...