Rose In The Dark

By _KJTheWriter

" I had to grow the rose in dark." Cleo Sol More

Introduction
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI

XVI

1.4K 185 127
By _KJTheWriter

Karsyn Sekai Miller.

"Good day in my mind, safe to take a step out, Get some air now, letyoedge out." - SZA

September 12; Karsyn's 21st Birthday.

"C'mon Syn, take these twenty one shots!"

Curling my top lip in disgust, I shook my head. I decided to check my email, something that I'd done faithfully since I launched my website, I let out an excited scream before I could fully finish reading.

"I just got a job offer from one of the biggest real estate companies in the fucking city! They want me to be their model home designer." I shoved the phone into Genesis' hand so she could see.

Jumping on me, she squeezed me tightly. "OH SHIT! Syn, this is amazing. All of that crying you did because you thought that your website and portfolio was trash and you got a offer that fucking fast. I'm so happy." 

Laughing, I thanked her before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Now take these shots, it's a celebration!"

I mentally gagged at the sight of twenty one shot cups that were filled with different liquors, both white and dark.

"Fuck it." I began to toss them back like water. I was on my twelfth shot before I tapped out. "I'm going to go get ready before we never make it out."

Staggering towards the bathroom, I turned on the sink and splashed some cold water on my face. Luckily, still had some time to sober up before Ryder and DJ got here. Turning on the shower, I stripped and got in. After my shower, I laid across the bed, contemplating on whether or not I really wanted to go out. I hadn't heard from either of my brothers today or my mom and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't in my feelings. I was also feeling some type of way because this was my first birthday without Dimitri. Luckily, I had Genesis and Ryder who had been making this day special. In just a short amount of time, I'd became thankful for Ryder and our friendship .

With my head spinning, I managed to get up, fix my hair and do a natural beat.

Carefully slipping into my dress from MayukoMe. I turned to the side, immediately falling in love with the way the dress fit my body.

"I look damn good, I ain't lost it."

Opening the VERSACE shoe box, I took out the new Antheia leaf sandal heels that I'd gotten from my dad. Saying a quick prayer for my feet, I slid them on and buckled them, but not before examining the way they fit on my foot . My toes were soft white, which looked perfect with the shoe.

A knock on the door put a halt to my gawking.

"Come In."

In walked Ryder, dressed in all black. His fitted that was turned to the back, gave me a perfect view of his tatted face . My eyes wandered down, the thin Cuban links around his neck and the HUBLOT watch that rested on his left wrist added just the right amount of detail to his simple attire.

"Damn, Happy Birthday." He said for the umpteenth time today as he sat the hot pink gift bags on my bed.

I did a full 360 in the mirror. "I look good, huh!?"

"Shit." He dragged, playfully biting his lip. He came behind me and wrapped his arm around my neck. "You about to fuck around and have me body every nigga in the club. You look fine best friend."

I shook my head at his antics, nudging him in the stomach to put some space between us. "Stop it. But thank you."

"Yeah, ight. Anyways, I wanna run something by you."

I nodded, letting him know that I was listening as I fixed some hairs that were out of place.

"I got a few of my brothers from back home that's chillin' with us tonight, you cool with that? Genesis said she didn't care. But if you not, I'll tell 'em to dip, I just want to make sure you have a good night. But you're with me so just know you straight regardless."

I smirked. "Nah, you're with me, so just know you're straight. This is my city." I joked. "But no, I don't mind."

I sprayed on a little bit of Pure Seduction from Victoria's Secret and paired it with some Chanel before grabbing Ryder's hand and pulling him out of the room.

"So you not gon' look at what I spent all my time trying to find you?"

"I'll look when I get back! I'm ready to go." Stopping in my tracks, I wasn't expecting to see three niggas that I didn't know standing in my kitchen. Of course Genesis' friendly ass was right there with them, taking shots of Don Julio. I could have screamed right then, it was something about people invading my space that I didn't like.

"Damn! This you?" The dread head asked Ryder , while his eyes roamed my body.

"Nah, this my best friend." He answered.

Genesis' head popped up and she looked at him, evilly. In her eyes, I was only her best friend.

"Word? Well Happy Birthday Ma. I'm Blaze." He extended his hand.

"Karsyn." I gripped his hand, not expecting him to kiss mine but he did.

A fake smile spread across my face. I listened to Ryder introduce me to the other two.

"Man, she don't want yo ass." DJ bursted out laughing. "Her face said it all."

Ignoring them, I demanded that everyone take a shot before we leave. Within 15 minutes , Genesis, Ryder, DJ and I were in a black Cadillac Escalade and the others were following behind us in a Range Rover.

I started dancing to Megan Thee Stallion & Lil Durk's "Movie" while Genesis hyped me up.

"Take a shot, then turn the phone and shit
Give me that D'USSÉ dick.
'42, pour Azul, make me do some crazy shit."

I held up the bottle of Clase Azul. She slapped my ass with one hand and recorded with other.

"YEAH! It's my BEST FRIEND birthday!" She emphasized, being shady to Ryder, who paid us no mind. "And I love this bitch so much ya'll, no cap. Everything about is bossy, my bitch so fire and I'll kill any of y'all for fucking with her."

She was drunk as hell.

"Karsyn, let me find out you got some hood rat in you." DJ turned to face me.

I smiled innocently and turned the bottle of liquor up to my lips.

After a few more minutes we arrived at the crowded club. Ryder helped me out of the car and stood behind me with his hands on my waist as if he was some type of security guard . He tried to get me to walk but I wasn't going anywhere without my bestie. I waited on her to get herself together inside the car and once she hopped out looking rejuvenated, we held hands and he guided us through the club and up the stairs.

The section was nice and all but I wanted to party with the people downstairs.

As if he could read my mind, he told me to chill for a little bit first. So I sat on the sofa and scoped out the scene while keeping an eye on Genesis, who was mingling with his friends. I didn't play that leaving your friend shit, these were his people, not mine so therefore I didn't trust them.

"Here." He plopped down beside me and handed me a bottle of water. I opened it and downed some, feeling instant relief.

"Go ahead down there, I'll be watching you and her whatever ya'll want from the bar, add it to the tab and I'll take care of it." He put the red wristband on me. "That's so y'all can come back up."

"Thank you and loosen up, all of these girls and liquor in here, have some fun. I don't want you having to babysit us, we're good."

He ran his hand down his face. "I'm not even on that. It's your night. I'm cool."

"I hear you old man." I teased, before getting up. I pulled my dress down before making my way to Genesis, I whispered in her ear and told her where I was going and she grabbed my arm and damn near drug me down the stairs.

"You know he wanna fuck you, right?" She exclaimed loudly over the music.

"Who?"

She gave me the "bitch, stop acting dumb" look.

"Oh, this my song." I quickly changed the subject. Grinding my hips to the Mood Swings remix.

It wasn't long before I felt a body behind mine, I tensed up a little bit but I didn't stop dancing until the song changed. I tried to walk away but the unknown dude grabbed my arm.

With a mug, I glanced back and forth from his hand to his face.

"Oh damn, my fault." He released his grip. What's ya name?" he questioned, leaning closer to my ear so I could hear him.

"Karsyn." I said loudly. As the party lights flashed around, I could get a good look at his face. He was handsome to say the least.

"Onyx."

"Nice to meet you." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Genesis in her own little world and I was wishing that she would come save me.

"So you gon' let me get ya number or what?" He adjusted his hat.

The wheels in my head began turning but surprisingly, I gave it to him and he walked away. Eventually we got tired of the crowd and made our way back up stairs. I poured me something to drink and sat down beside Ryder, who looked irritated.

"What's wrong? We can leave it you want."

He brought the bottle of Hennessy up to his mouth. "I'm good." He replied, dryly.

I brushed it off, It seemed like everyone else was having having fun, so I was confused by the sudden change of attitude. The section was now full with a few women and men that I didn't know but I wasn't bothered by it, I just sat back and observed.

After a while, I felt myself getting annoyed, I knew it was his negative energy transferring to me.

I yanked him up from the couch as soon as I heard "Nasty" by DaBaby.

"You better fuck it up!" "Oh shit!" "Only Best friends my ass."

Were a few things that were being said as I twerked on him.

Oh, the things liquor will make you do. I thought to myself.

We danced for a few more songs before we decided as a group that it was time to go. Genesis was nearly falling over, as she leaned onto DJ for support. I was in the verge of doing the same thing but I was holding it together a little bit better than her. Ryder has his arm around me protectively as we walked outside.

"Bitches don't even let their nigga get cold in the ground before they start moving onto the next one. Snake ass hoe."

I paused in my tracks at the familiar voice, it was one of Dimitri's hating ass friends.

"Boy, fuck you." I spat.

"Say, find you something safe to do. This ain't it." Ryder spoke up.

"Fuck you and that ..." before he could get a chance to to disrespect me again. Ryder had pulled a gun from his pants and pointed it right in his face prompting Blaze and DJ to do the same thing. I was sure if the other two friends were still here, they would have did it too.

People began to scream and I soon saw sirens in the distance.

Tugging on Ryder's arm, I told him that we needed to leave . He glanced down at me, swiping his tongue across his bottom lip, he lowered the gun.

"Let's go."

Just when I thought it was over, a shot sounded off and DJ laughed.

"Next time watch ya fucking mouth, bitch." DJ warned.

Ryder pushed me towards the car and opened the door and helped me in, Genesis was slumped across the seat.

"Whew, that felt good. But on some real shit, you ain't set your nigga up or no shit like that, did you?" DJ asked, while getting in the drivers seat and quickly driving away from the club.

"Don't disrespect me like that. I don't play those kinds of games. People are just upset because I'm moving on with my life." I laid my head against the window and closed my eyes until I dozed off.

Over an hour and a half later, I was in the bathroom, finishing my skin care routine.

I could feel Ryder watching me. "You leaving?" I never looked at him as I put up my stuff.

"I apologize about the shit that happened tonight."

"It's forgotten." I said, honestly. I finally laid my eyes on him, his eyes were red, I knew that he was both high and drunk. "Is DJ okay driving y'all? I know y'all stay a little bit out of the city so if y'all want to stay here that's fine. I have an air mattress, couch and extra blankets." I rambled.

Picking me up, he sat me on the counter.

"What the hell?" I stammered over my words.

Closing the door, he dropped on his knees and pulled me to the edge.

My breathing hitched. "Ryder..."

This was not supposed to be happening. Although I was still inebriated, I was well aware of what was going on.

His calloused hands eased up the long t-shirt that I was wearing.

"I just wanna taste it."

He didn't give me a chance to respond before he pushed my legs up and I felt his tongue on my clit.

My head fell back and I hit it on the mirror.

"Shit." I cursed, moaning in both pain and pleasure.

My legs shook as he sucked gently on my clit. My lips parted but no words came out just air. Holding his head in place, I slowly moved my hips.

"Fuck." He groaned.

Every part of me knew that this was wrong but I couldn't stop.

"Happy Birthday Karsyn." Was the last thing I remember hearing.

When I woke up, flashbacks of my friends head between my legs caused me to face palm myself.

Spotting the gift bags at the end of my bed. I crawled down and peeked inside. After seeing the BOTTEGA VENETA label I quickly grabbed my phone and called Ryder.

"The number you dialed has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in service. If you feel have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."

Frowning, I called a few more times only to receive the same automated message.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.4K 14
"๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐ฒ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐š ๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ง ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž."
Friends By no.limits_

General Fiction

1K 4 44
"We started off as close friends"
49.8K 2.6K 17
"๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ..."
80.5K 2.3K 19
"You planted flowers in my lungs and even though they're beautiful, I can't breathe."