FUTILE MOVEMENTS (VOLUME IV)

By Freddies_Queen

Overcoming unbeatable odds against them, Daisy and Freddie start their new life together leaving the past beh... More

Part 1- I thought we were in a hurry?
Part 2-"What.was.THAT!"
Part 3- "Open your mouth"
Part 4-"Daisy, did he leave you my money"
Part 5- "It's our little secret"
Part 6- "You said you wouldn't"
Part 7-"Has everyone around me gone insane"
Part 8- "What happened with Freddie"
Part 9- "Turn around, look at yourself"
Part 10- "So it was just that one time?"
Part 11- "Where are you taking me"
Part 12- "I'm so sorry Daisy"
Part 13- "Does John know?"
Part 14- "You have got to be kidding me!"
Part 15-" I will never go anywhere with you"
Part 16- "How did you find her"
Part 17- "It was her"
Part 19-"And so it begins"
Part 20- "Lets go get your missus back mate"
Part 21- "You have angels around you"
Part 22- "Freddie I feel...weird"
Part 23-"So Daisy. What happened to you....."
Part 24- "God, your mouth is heaven"
Part 25- "Hrm, can't go twice Mercury?"
Part 26- "f*ck-I can't hold back"
Part 27- Jesus does Daisy know?
Part 28- "And yet they would both pick me"
Part 29- FOR VANESSA
Part 30- "It's Good To See You"

Part 18- "It makes sense now"

368 19 26
By Freddies_Queen

Miami placed his face into his hands as he looked over the mountain of paperwork that had overrun his entire desk.

With countless cancelled shows due to Freddie's inability to perform, naturally refunds were needed to be issued to a mountain of people.

The phones ring was a welcome distraction from the mental mayhem.

"Jim Beach speaking" he answered with a sigh, wondering who would be asking him for more money.

"Mr Beach? Hi my name is Albert Hudson"

"Mr Hudson is you are waiting on a refund it's in the mail, goodbye" Miami reached the phones switch hook.

"NO WAIT! It's about Daisy!" Albert called out desperately.

Miami paused, then cleared his throat "are you a reporter?"

"No Sir I'm not. But I have information on Daisy"

Leaning his head back, Miami contemplated hanging up and continuing his quest to get through the paperwork, but a nagging feeling and a sense of curiosity had him continue listening.

"I highly doubt you can have any new information on day and see Robinson Mr Hudson" he replied dryly.

A small crackle  on the phone had Madeline, Albert's daughter take over the phone call "Mr beach my name is Madeline, there is no easy or believable way to tell you this, but Daisy Robinson is here in Switzerland"

Instantly knowing that the call was a hoax, Miami gave a snort to himself and decided to amuse the crank callers and hear them out.

"You don't say, Daisy's in Switzerland? And how is old Daisy girl?"

Madeline was not impressed by Miami sarcasm "Mr beach I am a huge Queen fan, so do not think for a moment, that I don't know what you're thinking. I know that Daisy has been reported to have killed herself, but I and four other eyewitnesses,can verify that she's alive and being held captive"

Miami sat in silence, he was taken a back by what he had heard. He stood up slowly,and placed his free hand inside his pants pocket.

"Mr beach are you still there?" Madeline asked in response to the silence.

"I'm listening" Miami tone now more serious "so you're telling me, that Freddie Mercury's fiancé is in Switzerland....and alive"

"Yes I am, and not only is she here,but there is a man with her, a man that she is desperately trying to get away from"

Miami was becoming more concerned "Man? what man?"

Explaining the previous nights events, in great detail as well as including testimonials from the night manager and the reception staff, Madeline was starting to believe that Miami was finally listening.

Rubbing the back of his neck, the sweat began to run down Miami's skin as he listened carefully, trying to imagine how he was going to tell Freddie all of this or whether he was going to tell him at all.

"Miss Hudson, if what you are saying is true, you do realise, that I will need evidence before I can go to anyone about this"

"Isn't my word enough?" Madeline asked disappointed that she still hasn't completely convinced Queen's manager.

"Unfortunately my dear it's not. Daisy's suicide hit Freddie, understandably, very hard. If I were to  go to him, and say that she may be alive, based on your word alone, it could send him over the edge completely, and I can't risk that" Miami was sympathetic to Freddie's heartache, but the reality was, Queen was a machine that was frozen in its production with its lead singer unable to get on stage. There were millions owed, pay checks paused, and there was no room for further setback.

"What if I were able to acquire security footage?"

Miami sat back down "that may work....but honestly Miss Hudson"this all sounds far too bizarre to be true"

"Leave it to me, I'll speak to the manager and try and get the security footage and send it to you"

Miami was now questioning his own sanity over why he was believing this story, but he figured as long as he didn't tell anyone, Freddie wouldn't find out and do damage. He sighed loudly "fine. Send it to my office and....I'll see what we do next"

                                  ***********

Deaky finally broke the silence in the room "you can't be serious"

Everyone looked over at him in surprise to his seemingly unimpressed reaction.

"What's wrong with it?" Freddie asked with a hint of annoyance.

"This isn't a 007 movie Fred!" Deaky replied with a raised voice "I mean, do you all know how ridiculous this sounds?! You want to randomly go take Viktor to see Mikhael, tap his phone, and then see if he calls his dad?!" He looked for a sense of reason "how would you even get a phone tap? It's not like you can pick one up at the corner store"

Diana raised her hand  "my cousin is a police officer, he'll do it"

John hung his head in defeat "I just don't think that this is going to pan out well"

Freddie rose to his feet defensively "what the fuck is your deal! Why are you so hell bent on going against this!"

John mirrored Freddie's stance "Fred I want her to be ok, but you need to face it, this whole thing is...well it's insane mate"

"Get out" Freddie's voice was menacing as he pointed to the door.

"Fred...." Deaky stepped towards Freddie harmlessly.

"I SAID GET.THE.FUCK.OUT!" Freddie's voice roared aggressively.

Not wanting to cause further trouble, Deaky left silently, leaving the room shaken by the ordeal, and Freddie visibly furious.

Brian took a brave breath "Fred he doesn't mean it in a bad way"

Freddie turned his head toward Brian's voice "I don't give a fuck. I don't need his level of scepticism bringing this whole thing down"

"Ok mate ok" Brian sheepishly replied while Anita took his hand in hers supportively.

"Diana, I need you to organise that phone tap straight away...."Freddie began before Roger interrupted.

"Hang on, what makes you think that he would even know his dad is alive and why the fuck would he even care if Viktor returned?"

Viktor took it upon himself to answer the question "Mikhael is obsessed with his fathers approval, and Alex knows this. He would never devise such an elaborate plan without having someone help him, and who better than his flesh and blood, as for why he would care about my return? I did something unforgivable, I betrayed Alex's trust, and Mikhael would receive great praise for knowing my whereabouts"

Roger reached forward and took a banana from the fruit-bowl on Freddie's coffee table "right...well that makes sense then"

Freddie turned his back to his friends and crossed his arms as he narrowed his eyes, focusing ahead as a knock on the door broke his gaze.

"Miami" Freddie greeted as he stepped aside letting Miami in.

He gave a wave to the room as he stood infront of Queen and their partners, not expecting to be confronted by so many people. Looking eyes with Brian, Miami's original plan of checking in on freddie had changed, and suddenly he had a thought "Brian, can I have a word? I Uh....my nephew wants guitar lessons, I thought maybe you could...recommend someone"

Brian left the room hesitantly, not only because the request was odd, but because he knew Miami was an only child and therefor didn't have a nephew.

Going into the hall, Miami dragged Brian beside him "listen" he said in a fast low tone "I'm going to tell you something crazy, and I need you to hear me out and tell me what to do cause I'm going out of my mind with this information"

Brian leaned against the wall and became amused "Jim believe me, nothing can top the craziness that I've heard this afternoon, so go ahead, let it rip"

With what seemed like a single breath, Miami had told Brian about the phone call and his hesitation in not only believing it but telling Freddie which could potentially upset him even more than he already was.

Brian's reaction was certainly not what Miami expected as he took his forearm and pulled him back into the living room, flinging him into the centre of the room "tell them what you just told me"

Giving a nervous laugh Miami's eyes darted around "you mean the guitar lessons?"

"No. About Daisy being alive"

Freddie rested an open palm across his face, leaving his smile exposed as he tried to mentally comprehend how it was possible that within the space of 48 hours, Daisy's went from dead, to possibly alive to alive.

"It makes sense now" he said shaking his head as his smile grew wider "I could feel it here" he placed his hand across his abdomen "my gut was telling me that there was something wrong, and now I know why....she's alive and I'm going to bring her home"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 46 17
°·°·°·°·°· She had a smile worth dying for but oh, when she laughed ·°·°·°·°·° °•°•°•°•°• A sky full of stars and he was looking at her •°•°•°•°•° Ja...
18.9K 1.3K 73
This is the 3rd installment in my Maylor series. The first installment was 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and it was followed my 'My Bijou.' We...
36.9K 1.1K 33
Rose Marie and Freddie's love story during Freddie's disease
7.9K 342 27
When Clover find herself stuck in the 70s, she quickly befriends her big idol and the guys from 'Queen'. What she think is a coma dream, is in fact...