Never Forgotten

By MicStories

He was due to wake up from his induced coma. He was almost there to reunite with his family. But evil never s... More

Chapter 1: The aftermath
Chapter 3: Complications
Chapter 4: Forever yours
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Confiding
Chapter 7: Rage
Chapter 8: Deal with the devil
Chapter 9: Old friend
Chapter 10: Freedom
Chapter 11: Family ties
Chapter 12: Exposed
Chapter 13: Lovers reunited
Chapter 14: Catching up
Chapter 15: Silencing threats
Chapter 16: Game over
Chapter 17: Lost without you
Chapter 18: Christmas
Chapter 19: Fix me, love me
Chapter 20: Surprise guest
Chapter 21: 2 become 1
Chapter 22: Honeymoon
Chapter 23: Honeymoon pt 2
Epilogue
SOFIA HAS A BOOK

Chapter 2: Facing reality

21.1K 920 703
By MicStories

Eleanor

I looked out the window still completely numb by what I saw. Rubble, debris and chaos.

Even though there was no signs that Oscar was alive, I still had hope. Hope that wouldn't shift regardless of the devastation I had seen.

I kept my gaze fixed on the world outside. I knew he was looking at me. He hasn't stopped looking at me since we left the home that was now a graveyard.

"Stop looking at me Brian".

"Not until you talk to me" he replied with a monotone voice.

"What the hell do you want me to say? Thank you for taking me? Or that I'm alright because I'm not. I've lost him haven't I?".

Brian grabbed my hand with his free hand and squeezed it tightly.

"I'm sorry Eleanor. I'm sorry".

Brian's words fell on deaf ears. I was torn. Part of me felt empty as if he was gone. But then the other half had a inextinguishable flame of hope urging me not to give up.

"We're home Eleanor. Let's go find Sofia".

Before I could ask why, Brian got out the car and grabbed the box from the backseat of his car.

"Do you need a hand?" he asked with his hand held out towards me like I was some upper class lady. 

"I'm pregnant Brian, not fragile".

Ignoring his gesture, I slowly stepped out of the car walking past him and headed straight for the guarded door.

I felt bad for snapping at Brian, but it was as if I was the only one grieving. Perhaps he had become numb. He lost his wife, his daughter and now his best friend. Maybe this was how he coped with grief. 

Either way, I did not appreciate it. I needed the man who helped search for me. I needed the Brian who would do anything for my family. 

Stepping through the opened door, I walked straight over to a sofa feeling a little dizzy and nauseated.

"Eleanor! Are you alright?".

Brian caught me as I wobbled and helped me down onto the sofa. 

"I'm fine" I lied like always.

With the lack of sleep, loss of appetite, I felt so ill. But I had to hide it for the sake of my children.

It wasn't intentional. I never want to hurt my baby, but how was I supposed to carry on without him. I couldn't do this. I couldn't.

"Eleanor, I'm getting you some food and then you're going to bed".

Brian grabbed a blanket off the back of the sofa and wrapped it around my shoulders. I watched silently as he carried the big box to the room where Sofia was sleeping in.

Following after him, I watched from the doorway as he gently woke up Sofia who's eyes were puffy and her skin patchy from constant crying. Nothing and no-one could console her.

"Baby, wake up. I have a surprise for you".

Brian stroked Sofia's hair delicately until her beautiful eyes opened up in surprise.

"I don't want a surprise. I just want my daddy" she whimpered before burying her face into her pillow.

"Well, I think someone misses you".

Brian opened up the box and pulled out Sofia's best friend.

"OREO!" she cried whilst taking him from out of Brian's arms.

I couldn't help but smile witnessing her dull eyes light up in excitement as she reunited with the most chilled out cat.

Brian made it his mission to find her lost cat and to our surprise, we found him resting on his bed which happened to be spared by the fire. Even though there were even more devastating things happening in her life, I was glad to see that infectious smile of hers at least once.

"You brought my cat home. Thank you Brian".

She nuzzled her head on Oreo's who nuzzled back with his eyes shut. The sight was adorable.

"You're welcome baby. You know I'd do anything for you".

Sofia kissed Oreo on his head around 20 times before nodding at Brian.

"Bring my daddy back please. I miss him". 

The room suddenly fell silent. The sweet moment watching Sofia was over. In a split second, I was dragged back into my sad reality.

Brian turned his head to look at me. A frown marring his face as if he were deep in thought.

"Baby, I need to tell you something".

No. He better not.

Just as I went to pull him away, Brian opened his mouth.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry, but your daddy has gone to heaven".

I felt sick to my stomach watching Sofia's eyes well up with tears. Her bottom lip started to tremble as Brian stroked her hair.

"N-No. He hasn't. Daddy said he would never leave me. He said he would never leave mummy. Bring him back".

Brian shook his head whilst cupping Sofia's tear stricken cheeks.

"I'm sorry sweetie. He's gone. But listen to me. I will look after you, Elle and the baby. Nothing bad will ever happen to you. I love you Sofia. You are my beautiful princess and no-one will ever take you away from me".

Brian pulled Sofia into a hug resting his chin on top of her head as she screamed and cried into his shirt. He stroked her silky hair as her body shook uncontrollably.

Feeling a burning rage inside of me, I swiftly left the room not wanting Sofia to see my anger. I also had to leave as I would have broken down. 

1 hour later

Taking another sip of my green tea, I stared out at the moonlit sky thinking about Oscar and wondering where he was if he was alive. 

I also needed to go home to see my family. No-one knew about Oscar and I nor the fact that I was soon to give birth to a baby. It would be a shock, but I knew I'd have everyone's support. 

I bit my lip thinking about Cal's possible reaction. He would be the crazy unrelated uncle who spoils me and the baby rotten. I could only imagine the type of clothes he would buy for my baby. 

Suddenly Sofia's door opened making me look straight at the person walking out. 

The anger flooded back through me again as I looked straight at Brian who was already looking at me with a perplexed expression.

"She's finally settled" he said as if it made everything better. 

Closing the door behind him, he walked towards me with a sad smile, but the anger tripled as he came to stand before me. 

"Eleanor, say something"-

Screaming in anger, I threw my hand across his face making him stumble back in shock.

"I can't believe you would tell her that her dad is dead".

Brian rubbed his cheek and glared at me as if I had done something wrong.

"Eleanor, stop lying to yourself. She deserves to know the truth". 

"The truth? We know nothing about Oscar's state. You may be her bodyguard, but I'm her mother and I make the decisions when it comes to her. Oscar is alive until I see a body confirming otherwise".

Brian's eyebrows scrunched up and his body turned tense as I put him in his place.

"If he is alive, then you'll have a lot to answer for" I spat nastily.

Something flickered in Brian's eyes, but I was unable to decipher what it was. Guilt? Sadness? Anger? 

"I'm sorry, I'm just in shock with everything that happened. Sofia doesn't deserve to hear it, but I just don't want her to keep having hope that he'll come back if he doesn't. I'm sorry for being distant, I'm struggling. I've lost so many people, that's all I ever seem to do. But I promise I won't lose you, the baby or Sofia. For Oscar, I'll protect you all with my life".

I didn't know what to say in response. I was still angry at him for telling her about her dad so bluntly, but I know that this was probably bringing him flashbacks of him losing his family.

"I know this is hard, but it's going to continue to be hard if we are not on the same page. I want you to trust me as I trust you. We need to be a team for the baby and Sofia. Just please, have a little hope".

Brian looked down at his hands before looking back up to me. He looked a little unsure but nodded all the same.

"Ok. We will get through this together, as a family" he muttered back quietly.

********************

Oscar

The world around me was spinning along with my thoughts.

"G-Get away".

I felt as if had been hit by a truck. Maybe I was dead and this was just a sick vision.

"Hey, calm down. I'm here to help you" he reassured whilst pressing his hands on my shoulders to stop me from trying to get out of bed.

"Dammit, you've been in a coma, take it easy". 

I tried pushing his hands off me, but I still had little control of my body.

"Help me? Y-you're the reason I-I was in a coma".

Cole took a step back, a frown marring his face.

"Oscar, just stop and let the nurse look at you" he changed the subject like always.

"I-I don't want to. I need m-my family. Where? What happened?-

Cole looked down and stared at my torso. I followed his eyes and looked at my torso that appeared discoloured with what looked like burn marks.

"You were in a coma, but someone attacked your home. There were explosions and a lot of people died. I was in the basement at the time, but one of the explosions shattered the room I was trapped in. I ran out and tried to escape, but there was fire everywhere. That's when I saw Brian rushing Eleanor and Sofia out. I ran through the medical area to get out and that's when I found you surrounded by flames. I-I had to get you out. I couldn't leave you behind".

Even though it made no sense why he saved me after everything he did, that was not my main thought. Hearing his name caused my heart to race, my body to tremble uncontrollably.

"Brian" I growled out remembering every single part of his betrayal. Even though I was unconscious, I heard and felt everything.

"Yes, he got out, don't worry". Cole lifted up the head of the bed and nervously handed me a bottle of water. Reluctantly grabbing it from out of his hand, I struggled to bring it to my lips, but guzzled the cold water down once I managed to get it to my mouth.

"N-No, he betrayed me. He tried to kill me".

Cole looked at me as if I had grown three heads.

"It's probably just the confusion after waking up after being in a coma for so long. He wouldn't do such a thing".

"I also thought that. H-He suffocated me in wanting to avenge the death of his daughter. He took my family".

Letting my heavy head fall back on the pillow, I stared at the patterned ceiling thinking about all the words he said and the moment he put a pillow over my face. In some messed up way, the only reason I was alive was because of my sadistic younger brother. I certainly wouldn't be thanking him especially after everything he did to me and my family.

"Fuck, that's messed up".

Cole sat down in a chair and stared away from my eyes as if he were deep in thought.

Looking to the table to the left of me, I noticed a photo that seemed to have been left for me. It was the photo I carried around everywhere I went. But as I shakily reached out to pick it up, I noticed there was another photo underneath.

Lifting it off the table, I brought it closer and looked at it carefully.

All the anger and rage I felt from hearing Brian's name had instantly dissipated as my eyes fell upon a small ultrasound photo.

"I um found that in your jacket pocket when I got you out the house".

Staring at the beautiful picture, I stroked my finger across it and smiled.

My baby was alive. Eleanor was alive and so was my princess.

"I-I want to send Brian a message to let him know that I'm thinking about him".

The king has awoken and he is ready for revenge.

Cole saved Oscar? Do you think he will forgive him?

I cannot thank you all enough for your support. I am so thankful for you guys.

Stay safe everyone xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 6.3K 35
Lizette has never had an easy life growing up and always felt like she was the black sheep of her family. She didn't grow confidence until after she...
60.2K 1.4K 50
Adria's life is complicated. Her parents don't approve of her life decisions and because of that she's forced to live with her best friend. One night...
301 20 20
"Fuck with my family and I won't hesitate to slit the throat of all those you hold dear to you." "Good girl, Angel, just like that." "How about I fuc...