The Doctor, The Billionaire...

Por MeganWriter

Faye Anderson is an OB/GYN who loves her job more than her social life, that is until one expected night chan... Más

Be Social
Trouble Comes Knocking
You Never Called
Irateness and Incompetence
Something to Say
Hold Me Forever
I'm in Trouble
She Knows
The Normal Dr. Anderson
Anxiety Inducing
Bad Friend
The Rents'
Pain
House and Home
He's Home
Death Wish
Dramatic Entrance
Facing Them
Overbearing Danger
Don't Be a Hero
Its Only Pain
The Blame
How to Move On
Blinding Sorrow
The Gift of Life
Namesake
At Home
Holy Matrimony
Wedding Blues

Who is Colton?

1K 38 6
Por MeganWriter

ME!?!?! UPDATING TWO DAYS IN A ROW?!?! Seriously y'all are inspiring and I forgot how much happiness writing brings me! Someone said they couldn't wait to learn more about Colton so this chapter is going to be in his POV! Let me know if you want more of his POV or want to stay in Faye's POV! (I've never written like this so let me know if it sucks) As always stay safe everyone!!

-----------------

"It's a great opportunity Colton, I just don't understand why you won't even hear them out?"

I sigh, staring up at the head of my finance department of King Technology. He's good at what he does but I seem to always forget its always about money for him. I suppose it's good that he's in finance.

"Because Derek, I've told you a million times I don't want to sell any part of this company. Yes the point of this company is to make a profit, and we've done a damn good job at that, but the most important part to me is to give back. Children don't deserve to grow up in war torn countries with no access to education or technology. Hell, there are children right here in the U.S. that don't even have proper access to education and technology. I don't trust anyone to keep what we're doing alive. I take huge pay cuts every year to make sure that the program has proper funding and I don't trust any other owner or CEO to be able to do that."

Derek can tell he's pissed me off a little too far today and he backs down, as I had hoped.

"I understand Colton, I just wanted to make you aware of the opportunity."

I nod and he turns and leaves my office. As the door closes I let out a sigh of relief, my thoughts trailing back to Faye for what feels like the billionth time today. I can tell being pregnant is taking a toll on her. I didn't actually know morning sickness wasn't just in the morning until a couple days ago. Saying Faye made fun of me when finding that out would be the understatement of the year, she basically bullied me.

She's incredible, and I'm so thankful she walked into my life but the guilt of her being pregnant and miserable practically eats me alive everyday. I've seen her everyday since my brother and Callie ended up in the hospital and the struggle just seems to get worse for her. I don't regret anything but I definitely feel like an ass.

I rub my temples trying to sooth the migraine coming on from my thoughts racing 100 miles per hour in my head. As I feel myself start to relax, I hear the intercom come on from my desk phone with my executive assistant Carrie's voice.

"Mr. King the board is ready for you in conference room three." She says.

I let a slew of curses out from under my breath as I get up from my desk gathering a couple folders and my laptop. I press the intercom button back and thank her for the reminder before I'm racing down the hallway into the conference room.

I take a moment to catch my breath before I walk into the room. Everyone turns and smiles at me as I make my way to the head of the table. The meeting consists of policy review and how each department is performing. I'm thankful that there's no major problems that need to be addressed at the moment. Lastly, I speak on revenue goals, which we are set to beat for this quarter.

As I go to end the meeting Derek, the head of finance I had just spoke to earlier about not selling, decides to tell the entire board about a company being interested in buying us.

"While we have everyone here I would like to make you aware we have a company interested in meeting with us about selling. I think it's a very good opportunity but Mr. King has made it clear he is very against it. I value his opinion but everyone in here also has a say of what happens to this company so I want to hear what the board has to say."

If looks could kill Derek would be 6 feet under. The board senses my anger and tension and they all sit there uncomfortably before Jane, one of the most sensible people we have in this company speaks up.

"If Mr. King is not interested in selling why are we having a conversation about it? He clearly knows how to run a company and we're doing just fine on our own. We don't need a parent company coming in here and destroying every value and project we've built. Not to say the buyers are inherently bad but what we do is special in the world of capitalism."

I'm thankful for Jane's input, and it looks like the rest of the board is thankful for it as well.

"If that's all Derek I would like to draw this meeting to a close."

Derek appears embarrassed, and rushes out of the room ahead of everyone. I make a note to schedule a meeting with HR and Derek in the coming week. This isn't the first time his insubordination has gotten him in trouble here, but it will be the last. He made it clear he doesn't have the values of this company. I hate the thought of firing someone but he is not the type of person I want here.

As I go to pick up my belongings my phone buzzes and Faye's contact pops up on the screen. A bit confused, I answer.

"Hey, whats up!?" I say. I can hear staff leaving around me but I pay no mind to them.

"You aren't too busy, are you?" She asks.

My stomach falls at the sound of her voice. She sounds exhausted and like she's clearly not feeling well.

"No I just finished up with a meeting, is everything okay Faye?" I ask.

I can tell that the worry is seeping through my voice as the few remaining board members and my business partner give me concerned glances. No one knows about Faye. The person who knows the most is my brother and he really only knows that we met in a romantic way before he and Callie were in the hospital.

"I'm really not feeling well, can you come get me from the hospital? I don't think I can drive myself home."

My stomach sinks even more than I thought was possible. Her voice breaks as she says it and a new pressure in my chest forms.

"Yeah I'll leave right now, are you sure you don't need to be admitted?" I ask, probably sounding even more panicked than before. I scramble to grab my belongings and head back to my office to grab my keys.

Everyone has left the conference room except for my business partner Jackson. He looks at me with concern and I know I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do after this. He's one of my best friends and I don't think he's going to be happy having been kept in the dark for this long.

"I'm sure I'm fine, I think its just dehydration." She says after a moment.

She seems to believe that she is fine, but I also think she has a habit of downplaying how she's actually feeling. I'll just have to see for myself when I get to the hospital.

"Alright I'm heading to my car now, giving traffic isn't horrible I should be there in 10." I say.

We agree to meet in the main lobby of the hospital before hanging up. I speed past my assistant's front desk on the way to my office telling her to clear my calendar for the rest of the day. She knows my brother and sister and law were just in an accident so she does so without question, probably assuming its about them.

As I grab my keys and my jacket from my office I notice Jackson has followed me, giving me a confused look.

"Hey Jackson I have to take off for the day, I promise I'll explain later but I really have to go."

"It's alight man, do what you have to do." He says in his always-calm voice. I give him a pat on the back before rushing toward the elevators that lead straight down to the parking garage below the building.

Before I know it I'm flying through downtown Austin, praying that the cops are sleeping or on their lunch break. Luckily traffic is light and I'm able to park in the temporary parking right outside the main doors of the hospital.

I rush in the front doors probably looking like a maniac as my eyes scan the lobby for Faye. I know we've only solidly been "seeing" each other for a week but I've connected with her more than I've connected with anyone in a long time. It would crush me if anything happened to her or the baby.

I finally spot her sitting next to another woman in scrubs, thankful that she had someone waiting with her to make sure she was okay. As I make my way over to her I feel relief that she feels well enough to be a smart ass.

"I'm impressed Colton. 5 minutes?" She says with a grin on her face. I roll my eyes before scanning her over. She looks exhausted and pale but otherwise okay.

I pull my eyes back to hers and ask, "Are you sure you don't need to see someone?" I try to keep it as vague as possible as to not let the woman waiting with Faye in on our secret.

"Don't worry, she already knows." She says, slowly standing from her chair.

I move over toward her and put my hand on her back, helping her up. As she stands up she introduces me to the woman.

"Colton, this is Marissa my medical student, Marissa, this is Colton my boyfriend."

I try not to react in any way to Faye calling me her boyfriend as its probably the easiest way to explain our relationship. Marissa smiles and waves at me and I smile back.

"Thank you for waiting with her, she's not very good at asking for help." I say, trying to keep the smirk off my face.

Faye smacks me in the arm in response to my comment and I can see Marissa smile out of the corner of my eye.

"All I need is water, a snack and some sleep." Faye says in her defense. I nod in agreement before I start leading her towards the door. Marissa yells after Faye telling her to let her know if she needs anything. Faye sends a thumbs-up in response.

When I get Faye into the car and walk around to the drivers side I can already see that she's on her phone texting away. When I get us going towards her house I put her hand in mine and rub the back of it with my thumb.

"I took the day off tomorrow so you don't have to worry about that."

I have to do everything in my power to keep my jaw from dropping. "Wow, Faye Anderson actually taking a day off work!?!"

She gives me a dirty look before responding. "I have a limit."

I hum in response and we sit in a few minutes of silence before I remember her car is still at the hospital.

"I'll have someone get your car again, we'll just pay the parking garage fee." She hums in response just as I had done before. I'm a bit surprised she doesn't put up a fight but she looks too exhausted to do so.

"We should also probably make a doctor appointment. I know you don't want to tell people at work but I know you really like Dr. Fanning. Besides, you told that medical student." I say. I don't want to push her about it but at the same time it would ease a lot of the worries I've been having.

"Marissa ain't no snitch." She responds, and I let out a snicker.

She agrees to text Dr. Fanning tonight and I feel a bit of relief that she's actually going to make an appointment.

I pull into her driveway soon after and I can tell she's eager to go inside and lay down. She chooses to plop herself down on the couch while I grab her some crackers and water from the kitchen.

Milton rubs between my legs as I do so and I decide to feed him quickly. He probably got fed this morning and is just conning me but at least I won't trip over him walking back to the living room.

I sit down on the couch and put her legs over my lap. Faye finishes her crackers and water fairly quickly after texting a bit more. Within minutes of me rubbing her back she's asleep. Just as I relax my phone starts ringing causing me to jump.

I curse under my breath that its not on silent like it normally is and hope it didn't wake Faye up. I look over and she's still sound asleep so I answer.

"Hey Colton you wanted me to call you."

I curse under my breath again for forgetting I had literally just texted my head security adviser to call me. He manages the security at my house and also runs errands like this for me. I'm thankful everyday that he puts up with me.

"Yeah Sam I need you to get that same car from the hospital parking garage and bring it to the same address."

He laughs. "Alright man I'll be right over to get the keys."

I shake my head as I hang up and be sure to put the phone on silent. I text him to let him know I'm putting the keys under the cushion of Faye's front patio chair.

I carefully lift Faye's legs so I can stand and pick her up to take her to her bed, knowing she'll be thankful for it later. She stirs a bit but other than that gives me no indication that she's waking up. I put her in the bed and leave to put the keys on the front porch before going back and falling asleep myself, thankful she agreed to take some time off.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

23K 789 27
love story between a doctor and a childish girl.
118K 8.1K 7
{a Wattpad featured story} Everything in this book is real. Minor details have been altered to protect those who know me. I'm a female thoracic surge...
85 0 27
Scarlett and Evans story continues...
37.6K 670 24
Half way through senior year Olivia has a drunken one night stand with her best friends friend. Then it turns into friends with benefits. Then it t...