The Perks Of Being His Roomma...

By liliarrose

Gabriella lives a beyond perfect life with her mom, her sister and her boyfriend of two years. She's finally... More

information
characters and trailer
one | handcuffs and winking
two | chemistry and whispering
three | dinners and awkwardness
four | roommates and jealousy
five | drinking and interruptions
six | v-cards and bras
seven | kisses and guilt
eight | carnivals and punches
nine | guests and secrets
ten | reveals and arguments
eleven | phonecalls and break-ups
twelve | bathrooms and punches
thirteen | chemistry and crying
fourteen | f.r.i.e.n.d.s and jenga
fifteen | parties and ex's
sixteen | revenge and complications
seventeen | hangovers and forgiveness
eighteen | breakfast and brothers
nineteen | blushing and rain
twenty-one | airports and sun
twenty-two | passwords and planes
twenty-three | meetings and ice-packs
twenty-four | flights and changes
twenty-five | lying and heartbreak
twenty-six | bars and hospitals
twenty-seven | pancakes and threats
twenty-eight | blindfolds and knives
twenty-nine | relief and wounds
epilogue
thankyou ♡
one million

twenty | diners and phonecalls

57.7K 1.6K 758
By liliarrose

Caleb Andrews

Looking over at her running towards me, her hair was now partly wet and she was carrying a folder over her head. She looked beautiful, even if she did have an angered look plastered onto her faces directed at me.

She was angry because I was standing outside in the rain and the truth was that I wanted to make sure that she was actually coming. I had seen her in the cafeteria with Flora today and it made me hate that she had gone back to a friend that had done something so horrible to her. She shouldn't even be counted as a friend anymore.

She climbed into the passenger seat as I did the same on my side. I knew exactly where I would take her and I had planned it ever since I had first kissed her. There was something that ran through me when I kissed Gabby, and I couldn't help but want to feel that again.

There was a diner I knew about a few towns over that nobody ever went to from this town and so I knew that it would just be the both of us, no distractions.

Not even any friends I had made at school knew skit this. Then again the friends I've recently made are two guys that have been suspended almost six times in one year, so it wasn't exactly looking good.

"So, where are you taking me?" She asked as she leaned against the divider between us and rested her chin against her palms. I chuckled at her as she was desperate to know where we were actually going.

"To eat food," I replied back, making her huff in annoyance. I had learnt by now that she really wasn't a fan of being in the unknown. She always wanted to know what was happening, even if it was something as small as where I was taking her to get some food.

"You'll find out soon enough," I replied with a smirk as her stomach made a gurgling sound, signalling that she was hungry. "Soon enough is too long," she complained and leant back in her seat out of annoyance.

We had been officially travelling for only around five minutes and she was already hungry. This girl really doesn't have much patience when it comes to food.

After around twenty minutes of Gabby shouting into my ear at being hungry, we finally arrived outside of Helen's Diner. It's been my favourite place to go to since arriving in this town, and I had been to it almost every week, mainly just to get away from everything.

It was the best meal I'd ever had and it still was. "Let's go!" I shouted as I parked up in the near empty parking lot and opened the door as she did the same. "This looks so cute," she squealed once again like a little girl.

"Come on," I put my arm around her warm shoulders and dragged her inside to see the new young waitress that was working last week.

Last week, I flirted with her like I usually would, but something felt different between Gabby and I. It felt strange to talk to another girl when I was with her, despite there still being an awkwardness between us about me bringing girls back last week.

"Welcome to Helen's Diner," the girl winked at me, already knowing who I was. "Welcome back," she grinned and led us over to a small table against the window. She placed her hand on my shoulder as she handed us the menus and walked back to the counter.

Gulping back, I stared back at Gabby to gauge her reaction but she was now reading the menu with an intrigued look in her eyes, which made my lips tug into a smile once again.

"Caleb, how's my favourite customer?" Maggie, the older waitress, shouted as she ran over to our table and pulled me into a small yet tight hug. It the weeks I had been coming here, Maggie had quickly become my favourite waitress and was always excited when she saw me come in.

Receiving a questioning look from Gabby, I smiled at her. "I'm good thanks, how are you?" I asked as she smiled down at me and leant up against our table.

"I'm good hun, who's this?" She asked, making me grin over at Gabby. Her cheeks, like usual, had turned a tinge of pink as she looked a little nervous sitting opposite me.

"This is Gabriella," I replied and looked over at her. Maggie smiled and shook Gabby's hand. "Nice to meet you darlin," Maggie poured another customer some coffee whilst still speaking to us.

"You too" Gabby replied as she smiled happily and played with her hands. She had been looking at the menu but since it had been put down, I assumed she had chosen.

"What can I get you guys?" She asked both of us as she pulled out a notepad and wrote my order down, already knowing it like the back of my hands. They had an amazing steak and fries, and my mouth watered just thinking of it.

"I've got your order, hun," she said to me as I smirked, "What can I get you?" She asked, turning to Gabby.

"I'll have the chicken nuggets please," Gabby replied as Maggie thanked us, then walked off back to the waitressing counter.

"How old are you again?" I joked to Gabby as she leaned over and playfully hit me. She sat back and played with her hands again.

"I just really like chicken nuggets."

The meals came after around ten minutes of a conversation that I actually enjoyed for once with Gabby. Other times, we would be arguing and I would hate every minute of it.

We both scoffed down the food in front of us as she grinned after each chicken nugget she put in her mouth. There was a comfortable silence around us, but it was probably because of how hungry we were.

"So, what was prison like?" She suddenly asked as I coughed slightly on my food. She laughed at my reaction as I looked up into her eyes. "Well, it's not actual prison, it was just a detention centre, and I guess it wasn't great," I told her as she shrugged and continued to eat her chicken nuggets, mildly happy with my answer.

I laughed before digging into my steak again and shaking my head. She really was a strange one.

Gabriella Hart

Caleb had actually been genuinely nice to me today with the occasional comment, which was pretty common in our strange, dysfunctional friendship.

"You know, you're the first girl Caleb has brought here before," Maggie smirked as I watched Caleb rush out to the car in the parking lot. He was going to drive it up to the door so the both of us didn't have to run in the rain.

"Really?" I questioned as I turned to her. A small smile crept on my lips as she nodded. I had imagined Caleb taking girls here all the time when he didn't want them each knowing about each other. It was pretty much two girls a day with him.

I waved goodbye to Maggie as I ran out and climbed into the car. "Thank you," I whispered to him
With a smile as he drove back down the road and back home. Even though I was thanking him for the meal, I was also thanking him for everything else.

He was actually here for me when not many other people were.

"Never happening again, princess," he replied as I laughed.

It didn't take long for us to get home and I noticed that no other cars were on the drive, meaning that Mike and Katherine weren't actually home yet. Caleb opened the front door for me as we both walked through.

Caleb went straight back to his usual bored expression and laid down on the couch to watch tv. Running up to my room, I noticed Kylie and Clara's room was open and they weren't in there.

"Where's Clara and Kylie?" I shouted downstairs to Caleb, loud enough so I could be heard over whatever the hell he was watching. "They've gone to a friends," he shouted back louder so that I could hear.

I felt bad that I hadn't properly check in on Kylie lately. We hadn't spoken like we used to, and I wondered about how she was and if she was still ok. She didn't even know my father, but I knew that it still forced a weight onto her shoulders.

Being reminded of Kylie and Clara, I suddenly remembered that I still had mine and James' tickets to the winter ball the school was holding soon.

Thinking about his face just made me angry again as I walked into my room and pulled out some homework to work on.

I hadn't even picked out a dress that I was going to wear, and I knew that I needed to do it soon, if I was even still going. It was going to be out last one, so I knew that it was going to be good, but I just didn't want to be surrounded by people like James. It would be my worst nightmare.

My mind was beginning to hurt when I was going through factorising equations. Everything was too complicated and I began to massage my temples to somehow help.

However, the vibrating of my phone pulled me out of my confusion. The caller ID was blocked so I clicked end call and returned back to my work, knowing that it was just going to be a random insurance company trying to get me to buy something.

Just as I began working again, the phone vibrated again. I furrowed my eyebrows as I lifted the phone and answered it. I held it up to my ear, silently hoping that it was just someone with the wrong number or an insurance company.

I really needed to get some homework done.

"Hello?" I asked quietly and tapped my pen against the paper laid out on my bed.

There was a silence that followed and I rolled my eyes, preparing to pull the phone from my ear and just simply hang up and block the number.

However, heavily breathing suddenly caught my attention and I held the phone up to my ear a little longer. "Hello?" I spoke again and felt my hands grow clammy.

"Hello Gabriella, Remember me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 12
In the halls of St. Gabriel's High School, Ezekiel reigns as the charismatic bad boy, charming his way through senior year with a devil-may-care atti...
1.7M 59K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
60.2K 2.4K 77
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
140 20 20
A teenage romance novel and at the same time something much more. What happens when a new system takes over Sophia's school? When her friend asks for...