VALERIE // Harry Styles

By watchmegetobsessed

The birth of a new family member is always a joy and blessing. When your sister welcomes baby Valerie you are... More

about VALERIE
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.

VI.

881 19 2
By watchmegetobsessed

"So how did you two exactly meet?" your dad asks over the dinner table. You are all sitting around the long pine table, the tremendous amount of food lining in the middle as the plates are going around, getting filled.

"Oh, um, we were set up, actually. It was all Rosa," you admit with a soft chuckle, sharing a look with Marcus beside you.

"I just thought they would be a good match, guess I was right," Rosa grins, clearly satisfied with the work she's done.

"What do you do for a living, Marcus?" Jeremy chimes in while helping Margaret cut her meat beside him. She is the youngest of the cousins, only five, but she can boss around anyone as if she was Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

"Oh, I work in sales. We had a project with Steven's company, that's where we met."

"That sounds interesting," Joe nods, but at the same time you hear Harry huff on the other end of the table. Looking in his way you see him with his eyes fixed on the plate. He hasn't said a word since Marcus arrived and his silence is quite worrying if you're being honest. You haven't seen him be silent for this long ever, you're afraid he might be plotting something.

"It's so weird that all four of us are here with a significant other this year. I remember when we were all just kids, running around in our backyard," Etta sighs with a nostalgic smile.

Your eyes wander over to Harry, who is still relentlessly staring down at his plate, as if he wasn't even there.

"Yeah, now there are just two single people sitting at the table. Aunt Monica and Harry," you say and his head finally snaps up, eyes meeting yours, but you can't read them.

"You're single?" Lily asks Harry, leaning forward a little so she can see him since they are sitting on the same side of the table.

"I, uhh--I am, yeah," he nods, clearly uncomfortable he is being discussed all of a sudden.

"Would have sworn you have someone waiting for you at home."

"No, it's just me," he shakes his head. "Maybe I could pair up with Aunt Monica so there wouldn't be any single people," he jokes, making everyone laugh at the table. Aunt Monica looks up from her plate and winks at Harry.

"I'll leave my door open for the night," she cheekily comments and Harry almost chokes on his wine as another round of laugh runs over the table.

"Monica, he is not a lonely soldier," your mom tells her, but she just shrugs her shoulders grabbing her glass and downing the rest of her wine. Joe is quick to refill it for her, knowing well she was about to ask someone to do that for her.

"Thanks for the offer though," Harry nods shyly and you think it's hilarious how his cheeks have turned red from a nasty comment your aunt made.

His eyes find you again right when Marcus reaches over and squeezes your thigh gently under the table and you catch Harry's grimace before you turn to your boyfriend and share a short peck on the lips.

For your biggest surprise Harry doesn't try to drop any nasty comments about you during dinner, not even after, when all adults gather in the living room while the kids leave to play video games in their room. Rosa is sitting on Harry's thigh as he is supporting her back, letting her curiously look around in the room. You're sitting on a loveseat with Marcus, curled up to his side and he has an arm around your shoulders. Occasionally you catch Harry's eyes on the two of you, but you try to pay little attention to him and just enjoy the evening.

"I should get going soon," Marcus tells you, checking the time. It's past ten and he has to leave early in the morning.

"Why don't you stay for the night?" Teresa asks when she sees the two of you getting up from the sofa.

"Oh, I didn't want to bother too long, it's my first time meeting you all, thought a dinner would be just enough," Marcus chuckles and you bite into your bottom lip. Does he believe this or did he want to stay, but only tells this everyone because you didn't invite him to stay the night? You're not sure if you want to know the real answer...

"Silly, you don't bother," you mom huffs. "Isn't it too late to drive home?"

"I'm fine, but thank you. I didn't bring my stuff so I would have to leave extra early in the morning to make it in time. But thank you for having me, it was wonderful meeting you all."

Marcus goes around and says his goodbye to everyone before the two of you head to the front door.

"Drive safe, text me when you get home, alright?" you tell him as he throws his coat to the passenger seat before turning to face you.

"Yeah. Have fun with your family and I'll see you in a few days." A genuine smile stretches across his face and it immediately triggers your guilt. He could have stayed the night avoiding to drive back to the city so late, but even now, standing out on the driveway you don't feel like you want him to stay for longer.

What you keep telling yourself is that it's all because you haven't been together that long and it would have been a too big of a step just yet. Seemingly Marcus is fine with your choice, but something is telling you that it bugs him deep inside.

Leaning down he kisses you softly, a hand sliding to your waist and pulling you closer before you part your ways. Standing on the side you wave at him as he backs out of the driveway and disappears in the darkness of the woods.

You stay out there for a little longer, the spicy coldness of the night feels numbing in a soothing way. Chewing on your bottom lip you contemplate if you've made the right choice by not inviting him to stay. You don't find an answer for that before you head back inside.

Not much has changed since you left, but you notice that Valerie is back in Rosa's hands and Harry is nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Harry?" you ask sitting on the ground next to your sister, eyes on Valerie as she is adorably babbling at you.

"He said he's tired, went to bed."

You look in his room's way. That sounded like absolute bullshit, but you don't have a right to question it. Maybe he truly was tired, he probably had to wake up quite early to pick you up and be here in time.

Nodding you reach for Valerie and take the little girl into your arms, making yourself busy with her.

***

Tossing once again in the bed you growl in annoyance. You haven't gotten an ounce of sleep since you've come to bed hours ago. Turning to your side you tap on the screen of your phone and it shows you that it's already past two in the morning. No position feels comfortable anymore and you've flipped your pillow way too many times, there are no cold side anymore.

On cue, your stomach growls and you let out a sigh staring up at the ceiling. Maybe if you had a late night snack your body would finally relax and let you rest. Kicking the covers off you put on a pair of fuzzy socks and throw a hoodie on before heading out to the kitchen to find something you could feast on.

You stop in your way surprised when you see that the lights are on in the kitchen and someone is clearly out there, probably with the same intention as you. Walking down the hallway you hear a plate getting placed on the kitchen island and soon enough the person starts eating, the fork meeting the plate.

Harry is sitting at the kitchen island in a plain white t-shirt and checkered pajama pants, a plate of mashed potatoes and meatloaf sitting in front of him. His head snaps up immediately when he hears that someone has joined him and you stop at the door.

"Hey," you smile softly. "I see I'm not the only one having trouble with sleeping," you chuckle shuffling your way to the fridge.

"I don't sleep too well at new places," he admits, eyes following your frame as you pass by him before he turns his attention back to his plate.

Grabbing the milk you are about to close the fridge when your eyes lay on the absurd amount of eggnog. Hesitantly you grab a bottle and take it out as well, thinking that a few sips might help you fall asleep easier. Then you grab the cookies the kids decorated this afternoon and sit on a stool next to Harry.

"Woah, in need of having some fun?" he chuckles seeing the eggnog and you just shrug your shoulders, pouring milk into a regular glass, then some eggnog into a smaller one in hopes you won't go overboard with it.

"I'm just... having a hard time falling asleep."

"Empty bed?"

"What?" you ask taking a bite from a cookie.

"I mean, Marcus left. You must be used to sleeping next to him," Harry explains and you look back at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, I do sleep better with someone next to me, but it's not like I've done that a lot with Marcus," you admit, turning your attention back to the cookies.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," you shrug, not really in the mood to get into it, because it's a whole spiral that would bring you down into depths you definitely don't want to talk about right now.

"You haven't slept with Marcus?" he asks, and you notice how it could mean two versions. Either he is only talking about just sleeping or he is nosily trying to find out if you've had sex with him.

"That is... none of your business," you tell him with a soft chuckle. Harry holds his hands up innocently before returning to his plate.

A few minutes pass by in silence, just your munching and Harry's chewing breaking it. As you pour a little more eggnog to yourself Harry stands up from the stool upon finishing his food, and after putting his plate to the sink he gets a glass for himself and sits back, holding the glass in your way.

"Want to have some fun too?" you ask, but pour him some eggnog anyway.

"Might help me fall asleep too."

"Sometimes I feel like mom is right saying that I have a drinking problem," you snort finishing up your cookie.

"Don't think that's true," Harry tells you with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, you have seen me drunk quite a few times, but it's nice that you think it's alright."

"What's wrong with having a few drinks occasionally? It's not like you blackout every other day."

"My mom would want me to never blackout in general, but I don't seem to know my boundaries with alcohol," you tell him with a sigh.

"Happens to everyone, I don't think you have anything to worry about."

"Thanks, but I'm sitting here at two in the morning, drinking eggnog for no specific reason, because it surely won't help me sleep, so... Maybe there is some truth to it."

Harry thinks to himself a little before pouring some more to himself and some into your glass as well.

"I literally just said that I should stop," you say, giving him a puzzled look.

"It's fine if you have a reason," he answers with a cheeky smile. "We're gonna play never have I ever."

"Oh hell no!" you chuckle looking at him with wide eyes.

"What? Are you afraid I might find out something nasty about you?" he challenges you, clearly trying to push you to play. "I don't think you can surprise me with anything."

"Excuse me? That's pretty hurtful you think I don't have surprising secrets," you say putting a hand to your chest. "I think I'm the one who can't find out anything surprising about you."

"Hah, we'll see, Y/N. All you gotta do is play," he smirks and you already know you're fucked. Sighing you take your glass and look at him with a murderous look, but the corners of your mouth are curling up. "You can start, just so you see how generous I am."

"Oh, what a gentleman," you mock him. "Okay. Never have I ever... gotten into a physical fight," you say and watch Harry raise his glass to his mouth, but at the same time you do the same, already sure he is gonna be shocked.

Just as you expected, he freezes seeing you take a sip from your eggnog.

"Alright, rule is that we gotta explain them, because there's no way you're leaving without telling me about who you got into a fight with," he tells you pointing a finger at you, but then adds: "Fighting with your sister does not count, Y/N."

"It wasn't Rosa," you chuckle. "I had a huge fight with my best friend in third grade and we somehow ended up kicking and punching each other in the middle of the gym in class. We were both sent to the principal's office."

"Who would have thought you were a feisty little kid!" Harry chuckles and you just shrug with a proud smile.

"See? I told you I can surprise you. Your turn."

"Okay. Never have I ever had a threesome," he easily says and brings his glass up to his mouth as you stay put this time.

"If you think I'm surprised, I'm not. It's literally written on your forehead that you're the kind who enjoys that kind of stuff," you scoff.

"Oh, please. Don't pretend like you haven't even thought about having one."

"I'm not admitting anything outside the game. You have to ask that next if you are that interested," you smirk, but you're certain your eyes give you away, because Harry is chuckling and shaking his head. "Never have I ever cheated on someone," you say and watch Harry's glass stay on the counter.

"I'm not that bad of a person."

"Never said you are, I was just curious," you shrug and nod at him letting him know it's his turn again.

"Never have I ever had a crush on a teacher of mine."

You both drink.

"My finance professor, junior year in college," you inform him.

"English teacher, senior year in high school," Harry replies and you are already picturing him sitting in the first row just to be close to her during class.

"Did you write poems to her too?"

"You said no questions outside the game!" he retorts laughing and you roll your eyes at him.

"Alright, I have thought about having a threesome before, now your turn, spill the tea!"

"I wrote a song about her," he admits and you raise your eyebrows at him. "Even planned on showing it to her, but my friends talked me down, luckily."

"It's kinda sweet and romantic."

"Yeah, and very inappropriate," he adds chuckling. "Alright, enough of Miss Hastings, your turn."

"Never have I ever stolen something." You both raise your glass and you smile at him swallowing the alcohol. "Virginities do not count," you tease him, earning a laugh.

"Still would have drank. I was a little kleptomaniac when I was a kid. Liked to steal small things in the store just to see if I would get caught."

"And were you ever?"

"One time, yeah. My mom was so mad at me, I got grounded for a week, never stole anything again," he admits chuckling. "What about you?"

"It wasn't regular, but I definitely have stolen candies when I didn't have enough money to pay."

"What a rebel," he teases you and you just smack his upper arm jokingly. "Never have I ever snuck out." Only Harry drinks and you roll your eyes at him.

"Again, not surprising."

"I just wanted to know if you have ever snuck out, chill," he smirks. "Guess you were a saint."

"Never have I ever said the wrong person's name while having sex." A devilish smile sits on your lips as you watch him drink while you do the same. You see his eyebrows rise over the glass.

"Nasty," he huffs. "When did that happen?"

"First year of college. I was casually seeing a guy, but I wasn't really over my last ex from high school and accidentally called him Ethan."

"And what was his real name?"

"I don't even remember," you admit with a laugh, clearly feeling the alcohol slowly kicking in. Harry's mouth hangs open before his expressions turn into that iconic 'not bad' face.

"Never have I ever had a wet dream about a friend of mine," Harry asks and you feel your cheeks heating up right away, eyes snapping down at your glass. Unwillingly, but you drink as Harry does the same. "Who was it?"

"I'm not answering this one," you shake your head.

"Come on! I promise it'll stay between us. Was it Steven?" he grins at you, clearly enjoying your embarrassment. "I bet it was Steven."

"Shut up, it wasn't!" you snap at him rolling your eyes.

"Okay, then who? I won't sleep tonight if you don't tell me!" he begs, but you shake your head stubbornly. "Do I know him?" Oh, all too well, you think to yourself. "Is it someone who was there at the bar last time?"

"Can we move past it?" you sigh painfully.

"No, no way. I'm not leaving you alone until you tell me!"

"It was you."

The words slip out fast and a little quiet, but he hears them clear. His lips part, a truly stunned look pulls on his face and you just wish you didn't say a word.

"Happy? Now you know," you snap running a hand through your hair.

"Was I any good in your dream?" he then cheekily asks and you gasp at the nosy, nasty question.

"Now that I won't answer."

"I have to know if I did good!" he protests and you laugh.

"It wasn't even you, well, not your real version, why does it matter?"

"I'm a maximalist, I have to know if my dream self did good," he pushes further and you can't believe this is really what you're talking about.

"Jesus fucking Christ, it was good!" you admit throwing your hands into the air, giving up to keep anything to yourself. He is just too damn annoying and stubborn to ever have anything other than his way.

"If that makes you feel better, I've had a few about you as well," he admits with a straight face and the heat is back in your cheeks immediately.

"A few?"

"I didn't count, but yeah. And you were awesome, if you're interested."

"Thanks, but I was not," you say with a meaningful look, but he just smirks at you. "You're such a pig, Styles."

"Says the girl who was probably moaning my name in her dreams."

"If you keep talking about this, you'll be the second person I get into a physical fight with," you warn him and he chuckles, but takes the hint and finally moves on.

You easily forget about time as you keep playing for quite long. Question after question, some shocking and surprising things come up, but there are some absolutely ridiculous facts too. You're definitely over the line of being tipsy, but you're not at the drunk state yet.

Harry clearly enjoys asking questions that make you nervous, but you don't shy away from risky questions either. By the time the bottle empties out you are both laughing on something he said, your eyes are teary and you gasp for air, holding onto the edge of the kitchen island.

"Oh fuck!" you breathe out when your gaze wanders over to the windows and you see that it's starting to brighten out there. "The Sun is coming up, what time is it?" you slur, having a hard time to get off the stool and keep your balance at the same time. Harry fishes his phone out of his pocket and his eyes widen.

"It's six in the morning!" he whisper-yells and you almost faint.

"Shit, mom is usually up around six thirty, she can't find us here like this! Quickly, we have to clean up!"

Harry takes care of the empty eggnog bottle while you wash the dishes and then the two of you head back to your rooms, but you just really don't want to go to bed alone. Alcohol tends to make you clingy and you need the presence of someone next to you.

"Harry," you whisper as the two of you stop in the hallway.

"Hm?" he hums, looking back at you with glassy eyes.

"Can I... sleep at yours?" you shyly ask.

Part of you expects a smart comeback, something dirty, but he looks down at you for a long moment as if he is debating what he should say and you start to think he is about to reject you, but then he takes your hand and pulls you in the direction of his room.

"It's strictly friendly, okay?" you tell him once the two of you are in his room and the door is closed behind you.

"Like the dream you had about me?" he cockily asks grinning at you and you're quick to smack his hard chest, making him chuckle.

"Shut up! I just really don't want to sleep alone."

"Chill, it's all good," he chuckles and stepping to the nightstand he plugs his phone in to charge as you crawl up to the huge, comfortable bed.

Tugging a pillow under your head you turn your back against him, only hearing as he lies down next to you, tugging some of the cover off you since there's only a big one. He shuffles a bit more until you both stop moving, but you still have your eyes open.

Knowing that he is right there behind you irks your mind and the urge to cuddle to his side is stronger than you will to stay still. You want to feel his body heat, his touch, hear his heartbeat under your face as you curl up to his side. You are dying to listen to his steady breathing from up close and your self-control is slowly but surely dissolves.

Before your rational side could talk you down, you find yourself turning around and snuggling to his side, a soft chuckle emitting from his lips.

"It's totally friendly, wipe the satisfied grin off your stupid face," you mumble as you lay your head to his shoulder, bringing a hand up to his chest. One of his arms curl around your shoulders as he stays silent, letting you snuggle up to him all you want.

It's even better than you remembered. Last time the two of you were like this, the morning ruined everything and it had a whole different antecedent than now. You can only hope history doesn't repeat itself and you don't have to go through the same embarrassment like last time.

"Y/N?" he whispers and your eyes open at his voice.

"Yeah?" There's a short pause before he speaks up again.

"Do you really... think that... there was not much Etta was missing?"

You can't stop yourself from smiling at how self-conscious he just sounded, still thinking about the joke you made in the car on your way here. For a split second you think about lying again, but it's clearly been bothering him, so much he felt the need to ask after several rounds of eggnog.

"No. I was just joking," you admit and he lets out a relieved sigh. "Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think I have a fat ass?" you ask referring back to the time the two of you encountered at the hospital when Valerie was born. You feel him huff as his hand on your shoulder squeezes you gently.

"You have a great ass, Y/N. The best I've ever seen."

"Are you just exaggerating?" you ask, lifting your head up and narrowing your eyes at him in the dark.

"No," he smiles. "Swear to my sister's life it's the truth."

Knowing well he wouldn't bring his sister into it if he wasn't telling the truth, you put back down your head, finally closing your eyes.

"Good night, Harry," you mumble, feeling yourself drifting to sleep.

"Good night, Pretty Eyes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 78.2K 39
A one night stand with Harry Styles: What's the worst that can happen?
100K 1.6K 27
What if you found out Harry Styles was going to be your brother-in-law ? What if you had to spend a summer with him? In the same house, breathing the...
94.5K 2.9K 41
After finishing school, Harry Styles starts studying at Manchester University. Harry is a nice, innocent boy who has his heart in the right place. In...
22.1K 1.2K 20
Sometimes friends don't always stay friends, in fact, every once in awhile they actually turn into the enemy. When Harry and Dalton met in college a...