II.

Working on a major report you have to finish by the end of the week, you are completely focused on your computer's screen when your phone buzzes on the desk next to the keyboard. You grab it and answer the call without even checking the screen.

"Y/N," you say into the phone.

"What's your size?"

Harry's voice pushes you out of focus as you grimace unintentionally.

"Since when do you have my number? And what the Hell are you talking about?"

"Since I asked for it from your sister," he tells you matter-of-factly. "And I'm asking you what size shirts you wear."

"Why do you need to know that?"

"Because I'm trying to dress up as you for Halloween." Your eyes widen at his comment, but soon enough he continues. "Because I found cute matching shirts for godparents and a goddaughter and I wanna buy it, but I don't know your size."

"Oh," you say, finally understanding the situation. "What kind of shirts?"

"It's Fairy Godparents themed, thought it would be funny to wear it at maybe Christmas or something. But only if you are up for it."

"Yeah, sounds fine," you nod and give him a little guide to what sizes you usually wear, letting him decide which information he needs for the shirt he wants to buy.

"Have you thought about what you are buying for Val for Christmas?" he asks once you put the topic of your size aside.

"Harry, it's the middle of October. I don't even think about Christmas presents until the 15th of December," you let out a tired sigh.

No matter how bad you want to start shopping in time every year, you have failed every time so far, no exception.

"This proves that I'm the better godparent," he huffs on the other end of the line.

"It's not a competition, Harry," you roll your eyes.

"But if it was, I would be winning. Anyway, I might go a little overboard with the present, so if I end up ordering something big, are you interested in teaming up? I don't like to give the biggest present on my own, makes it feel like I'm bragging."

"But you kind of are bragging."

"That's besides the point. So, do you want to share or not?"

"I guess we could," you shrug your shoulders leaning back in your seat. Your legs feel numb as you finally straighten them under the desk, you haven't even realized how long you've been sitting there, eyes glued to the screen.

"Perfect. Is that all?" you ask, not because you are impatient to leave the conversation, it's been kind of pleasant, you just have a lot to do.

"So you're really going on that blind date on Friday?"

You furrow your eyebrows at the sudden change in the topic and how boldly he just asked you about your private life. This was the last thing you expected from him.

"Why does that have anything to do with you?"

"Was just asking," he says and you can see him shrugging his shoulders. "It's an odd thing."

"For you. I'm fine with it."

"Are you though?"

"Why does that matter to you?"

"It doesn't," he simply answers. "At least there will be something to make a joke out of next time we meet," he snorts and you roll your eyes at his comment. Now that sounded more like Harry.