VIII.

Harry can be such a persistent pain in the ass sometimes. You haven't decided if you like it about him or not. If he makes up his mind about something it has to be that way, no objection.

He texted you in the morning that he would be coming over to your place after work, because he is looking after Valerie for the night, for the first time ever and he needed you to tell him everything he needs to know about taking good care of her.

"I think Rosa will tell you all about it when they arrive. I got a list from her as well," you tell him when he calls you during your lunch break.

"I know she will, but I'm a single man, it's bold of you to think I know anything about babies."

"What are you talking about? You are always so good with her. I'm sure it's gonna be fine." Steven has a business dinner tonight and Rosa was invited as well. You know that because they asked you first if you could look after Valerie, but you had already made plans with Marcus, so you had to turn them down. Guess they found someone who is free, but it seems like Harry is a little panicky about it.

"Is it not the best time to admit that I have no idea how to change a diaper properly?"

You laugh at his question and you can almost picture the worried look on his face, lips pressed together and that little crease showing between his eyebrows.

"Then why did you say that you'd look after her?" you ask giving your salad a shake before you start eating.

"Because Rosa sounded so desperate, and I wanted to help. I thought I would figure it out, even googled it, but I'm not sure I have the right idea about everything."

"What do you mean you googled it?"

"Well, if you'd look at my search history it would be filled with maternity sites where they describe in detail how to wipe a baby's ass," he states, making you laugh once again.

"You're nuts," you sigh, shaking your head. "Unfortunately, I have plans tonight, so I don't think I can help you."

"When?"

"Um, Marcus is picking me up at seven."

"That's perfect, Rosa and Steven will drop Val off at mine at four, so I'll have plenty of time to go over to yours so you can show me everything."

"Harry, I'm working until five."

"Alright, I'll be right there at five thirty."

"Harry... " you chuckle, shaking your head.

"Please, Y/N! I'm begging you! This is a kinda life or death situation. You can't do this to me! You still owe me for the time you were looking over her!"

Closing your eyes you lean onto the table. You already know you'll say yes, how can you not when he is right about owing him one, but you should really learn how to say no next time, before people start to see you as the loser who just does as she is told all the time.

"Okay. I'll be home by five twenty."

"Fucking perfect. I'll see you later," he cheers before ending the call.

Turns out he is quite punctual, because just as you walk around the corner you see his car parked in front of your building and you just smile. He spots you from the rearview mirror and gets out, unbuckling Valerie from her seat as well.

"They left you the seat as well?" you ask and help him get the huge bag Rosa packed for Valerie.

"I told them I need to do groceries so Steven left it for me."

Valerie babbles to Harry relentlessly, who occasionally hums a response as the three of you go up to your apartment.

"So, what exactly do you want me to show you?" you ask, setting the bag down on the couch as Harry puts Valerie down on the plush rug to wander around a bit as the two of you discuss what he needs help with.