Hunted (UNEDITED)

By stefymay

*Sequel to Pure Blood* Snow and the gang are back and close to revealing the Council to the entire werewolf... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue

Chapter 11

43.2K 617 67
By stefymay

(Recap)

"No you can't, one mate per customer. Sorry bow-fail but you're stuck with Hunter."

"Don't call me that."

"Anyway… I think that he thinks that you're his mate, did you see how angry he got when I got physical with you?"

"He didn't get mad; I mean if I was his mate his wolf would have been out in full force wanting to take you out and rip you a new one. His eyes didn't even change."

"That's just it Snow. He was beyond pissed and his eyes never changed, I'm sure he was wearing contacts to hide his eyes, but I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing he's hiding." Cole said, gripping the steering wheel as we pulled up to the front of my house.

"He's a friend Cole, he's not my mate nor does he think so, now don't breath a word of this to Hunter."

"Yeah… about that…" Cole said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Please tell me you didn't. "

"I did… sorry."

"When did you even have time to-"

"Snow! Get in here now!" I heard Hunter shout from the door and boy did he look pissed.

"I'll get you for this."

"I had to tell him Snow, he's my Alpha and I'm obligated to inform him when I think you're in danger."
"For crying out loud Cole, I'm not in any danger, especially from Jacque." I said grabbing my bag and glancing over towards where Hunter was standing. I may not be in any danger from Jacque right now but I'm definitely going to be with Hunter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 11

"You are not going back there." Hunter said for the umpteenth time. It has been three days since the clinic thing with Cole and it has been three days since I've been to the clinic. Hunter wouldn't let me near that place, following me like my freaking shadow, I couldn't even go to the restroom at school, Hunter had Ryan watch the girls bathroom window so I couldn't even escape through there. All I'm saying is that, that window was really high and they could have at least told me that there was someone on the other side watching it, instead of letting me go through all that effort.

We were sitting in my room, well I was sitting Hunter was angrily pacing. After Hunter ordered me inside, like an errand child three days ago, Cole sped off like he was a NASCAR driver about to win the cup. I couldn't blame him, Hunter was beyond angry, still he didn't have to tell Hunter then leave me here to deal with him alone. Payback be coming, that boy better watch out.

"And for the millionth time, I'm too close to finding what we need, to just leave now. Hunter I had just gotten into the restricted area, I know where they're keeping all their records. I need this, I need to do this." For Jake's sake.

"Why, tell me why? Why do you need this so much?" Hunter asked slowing his pacing to look me straight in the eyes.

"Hunter I-I…" I couldn't tell him about Jake, not yet, I didn't want Jake pulled from this; I didn't want anything to upset Jake right now. I couldn't wait for Nick to get here to help Kayla out, in the mean time I needed to do my part, see what else I could dig up that might help him out.

"Why can't you trust me?" Hunter asked, kneeling in front of me, looking at me like he was pleading for an answer.

"Hunter it’s not that it's-", but before I could finish my sentence, the doorbell rang. Glad for the distraction I jumped up,

"I'll get it." I said already on my way downstairs to answer the door, thanking my lucky stars for whomever it was that rescued me from that lecture.

"We're not done here." Hunter shouted back.

"Yup, totally." I said for his benefit. We so weren't going to continue that screaming fest, it was getting old… fast.

"I know what you're thinking and we are going to continue this." Hunter shouted from the landing. Crap was my link open again?

That's been happening a lot lately, yesterday I was thinking about the almost kiss with Jacque in the closet and Hunter flipped. He went wolf and wanted to go straight to the clinic and take him out. Since then Hunter won't allow me to go anywhere without him and he's always snarling, and growling. I can feel so much agitation in him, and every day it gets worse, it’s almost like he's about to explode or something and I’m feeling that without my power. That’s just the vibes he’s been throwing out lately.

Opening the door, I found the culprit behind all this crap.

"Well, if it isn't my boyfriend Coward Cole."

"Hey what's with the name calling? I came back didn't I? Er… just out of curiosity… is Hunter still angry?"

"What do you think genius?" I asked as I stepped out of the way for Cole to come inside.

"Ahh… Snow you still upset about the-" Said but was cut off by a very pissed off Hunter.

"You asshole I'm going to rip you to shreds." Hunted said, rushing for Cole. Both Cole and I were still in a daze about this outburst.

Hunter tackled Cole through the door, onto the front lawn.

"YOU KISSED HER!" Hunter shouted as he punched Cole right in the face so hard it, forced Cole backwards onto the ground.

"Listen Hunter, it's not what you think." Cole said putting some space between him and Hunter. With both hands raised showing that he meant no harm and that he didn't want to fight.

"YOU TOLD HIM THAT TOO? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" I screamed at Cole from the doorway. No wonder he was missing for so long and no wonder Hunter was going all American psycho on me.

"YOU ACTUALLY THINK I WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM SOMETHING LIKE THAT? YOU TOLD HIM." Cole shouted back.

"ARE YOU HIGH? WHY WOULD I TELL HIM SOMETHING LIKE THAT?" I shouted back. Really why would I say anything, does it look like a have a death wish?

"ENOUGH, I HEARD YOUR THOUGHT." Hunter said cutting into our back and forth shouting.

"Oh…" I said comprehension sinking in. Stupid mind link,

"Err… my bad." I shouted from the doorway and tried for an apologetic smile towards Cole.

"YOUR BAD?!" Cole said sending a ticked off look my way, right before Hunter punched him in the face again.

I heard a growl coming from Hunter right before I felt his wolf surfacing.

"What's going on guys?" I looked over at Jack; he was leaning out of his door watching Hunter and Cole go at it. Crap and Hunter was about to shift.

"Cole!" I turned towards Cole with a pleading look.

"I'm on it." Cole shouted back and pushed pass Hunter and ran into the house. Hunter immediately gave chase, his wolf not wanting his target to get away.

Jack was on his way over to see what the commotion was all about, but I met him half way.

"Hey Jack, how's it going?" I said, hooking my arm through his and leading him away from my house. Just then there was a loud crash from inside followed by a thump.

"Err… is everything okay?" Jack asked turning back to glance at the window, just in time to see Hunter lung for Cole.

I pulled Jack back towards his house, laughing and playfully waved it off and said, "Nah they're good, this is just them… erm rough housing it. They used to be on the same football team back home you know. This is just their way of er… friendly erm… catching up time. You know, guy stuff." I said while play punching Jacks shoulder.

"YOU KISSED HER. I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ASSHOLE." Hunter shouted and I wanted to face palm and yell shut up kill him in silence or something, clueless human close by.

"Erm… it doesn't sound like friendly catching up to me, more like he wants to kill your boyfriend for kissing you."

"Yeah it’s all friendly, they say it all the time without really meaning that they're going to actually kill that person. You say it too sometimes, don't you? I know I say it all the time, just the other day I stumped my toe against the sidewalk and I shouted "Argh, you stupid sidewalk, you hurt my toe, I'm.. er going to kill you… you stupid toe hurting asshole." As soon as that words left my mouth I wanted to climb into a hole and hide out in there until the end of the world. Seriously Snow, you couldn't come up with anything better than that.

"Right… I so believe you." Jack said, obviously not believing a word that I vomited out right now.

"Okay look, my brother… he's a little over protective ever since my dad left. He-" I was interrupted by a loud growl followed by a bark and a few more glass shattering.

"What's that? Do you have a dog?" Jack asked turning to looked at my house but before he had a clear view I turned him back around and pulled him father from it. What the hell is going on in there?

"No, it's just the TV, like I was saying, my brother is a little overprotective of me, in fact  he’s overprotective over both me and Dylan, but mostly overprotective of me because I'm like the youngest and all and he's just being er… my annoyingly overprotective big brother." Wow I said overprotective a lot, I think he gets that Hunter is overprotective.

"Overprotective? More like he's in love with you."

"No he's not. That would just be gross" I shouted.

"No he's not what?" Jack asked a little confused.

"You said that he's in love with me. That's just gross; he's my brother for crying out loud. Why would you say something like that?"

"I didn't" Jack said stopping to stare open mouth at me.

"What do you mean you didn't. I just heard you say it."

"I mean I didn't say it… I thought it."

"You what now? No, no, you said it I heard you. You said , "Overprotective? More like in love with you." I heard you say those words Jack." I said stopping to look him straight in the eye.

"Erm… Sarah, I honestly didn't say that out loud, in fact I would never say that out loud especially to your face. I thought that."

"no, no, no… are you suggesting that I… that I read your mind?" Oh crap, please let this not be my other power, please, please, please…

"That's exactly what I'm saying. It's the wolf sense." He said sounding in awe.

"No buddy I'm not a mind reader, never was never will be. I'm pretty sure you said those words. You must have been in shock or something. Yup that's it, you're in shock and now you think I can read minds."

"No you defiantly read my mind."

"No I didn't."

"You so have the wolf sense."

"Jack! For the last time, I don't have the freaking wolf sense."

"There! There it is again. I just thought that and you heard me. You can read minds." Jack said jumping in excitement and pointing at me.

I grabbed his finger and pulled him in closer covering his mouth with my hands.

"Why don't you shout it a bit louder, I don't think Australia heard you, and for the last time I'm not a mind reader and I don't have any wolf sense okay?" I said panicking a little, school was already hard, if they find out about this extra ability… lets just say school won't be an option for me anymore. I'll have to be home schooled or something.

"Wait until I tell Jessica about this she's going to-"

"No, no need to tell anyone right. I mean why can't this stay between us?" I said a little panicky. The last thing I need is more attention.

"So you admit, you can read minds." Jack said looking a little victorious.

"I'm not admitting anything, all I'm saying is that school is a little hard for me right now and having people think that I can read minds will only make it worse.  I just want to be treated normally okay?"

"I get it… you don't want Luna to find out. I know she's been making things tough for you at school and this would just be extra ammo for her."

"Yes… that's exactly what I mean." I said a little relieved. Hopefully that would be enough for him to keep his trap shut.

"Okay I won't say anything, on one condition."

"OH COME ON. THROW ME A FREAKING BONE HERE, NOT YOU TOO. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TOWN?"

"You too? What do you mean you too? Does someone else know?" Crap, crap, crap. I should have been a mute.

"No I don't know what you're talking about."

"You just said-"

"I know what I said but do you know what I meant. If I said what I meant or meant what I said how would you know if what I said was actually what I meant if I didn't say what I meant?"

"Huh?" Jack asked confused out of his mind.

"Exactly." I said confidently placing my hands on my hips as I gave a triumphant smile. Damn I should have started reading Doctor Seuss way sooner, and then I could have avoided the whole blackmail thing with Zeff because that crap works like a freaking bomb and with Zeff's single digit IQ he would have been trying to figure that crap out so hard that he would have ended up just forgetting that he had ever seen me transform. Damn it I always think of these things when it's too late?

"Erm… okay. I forgot what I was going to say."

"It must have not been that important. So what are you doing this afternoon? Wanna play TV games?"

"Er.. no I can't. I actually came over to tell you that Jessica is coming over to fetch you for a rehearsal. She said she tried to call your cell but you weren't picking up and this was the only way to get you to a rehearsal."

"Crap it must still be on silent in my room. Oh and rehearsal for what again?"

"For the fair? The pre-red moon festival auction remember? You volunteered."

"Oh… is that still on?"
"Yes and if you bothered to go to their meetings you would know this."

"I help sick animals after school. That trumps any after school meetings about dresses and makeup and stuff."

"Even on Saturdays?"

"Animals get sick every day. It's a hard job that requires dedication."

"Ah-ha sure."

Before I could say anything I saw Jessica's car coming around the corner and she was soon in front of us.

Just freaking great. I would rather have Hunter yelling at me than go to a girly rehearsal thing and talk about hair and frilly pink dresses.

"Hey Sarah, you ready to go?" Crap there truly was no way out of this. I should just go and get it over with.

"Almost, let me just grab my bag." I called back and jogged towards the house hopefully Cole had managed to get everything under control.

From one sucky power to the next. The power to read peoples thoughts, this is worse than the feeling power. What kind of things does people think anyway? Do I even want to know what they think? I want a refund, maybe I can get a hold of Diana and ask her to take it back or swop it for something better. Stupid mind reading…

I walked through the door and the place was a mess. It looked like a tornado tore through the place. There were broken furniture and glass scattered everywhere, I mean the first two steps of the staircase were completely shattered. I carefully climbed the steps to the top floor,

"Hunter, Cole!"

"In here Snow." I heard Cole shout from my bedroom. No please tell me they didn't take this rock star party to my room. I don't want to sleep in rubble. I walked towards my room and for the first time in my life my steps faulted and I did a double take.

"Holy crap, where's my floor?" I shouted and gapped at the giant hole in my floor in the middle of my room, right where my bed used to be. How the hell did they do this? I was right above the kitchen and I could see Hunter and Cole lying on the ground exhausted on the kitchen floor. I was standing above them looking down at them through where my bed used to be and Hunter was butt naked. Not that I was complaining or anything, It's just that I had seen him naked once and even then we weren't alone.

"We sorted it out. I told Hunter everything and he's pretty much okay… I think." Cole said with a swollen black eye a bloody nose and a gash across his forehead.

"I'm still not okay with it but I get why he did it and that it would be the last time he ever does anything close to that. Oh and you guys are broken up by the way." I was still staring lustfully at Hunter, not hearing much of what they just said. I had to forcefully snap myself out of it, and cover my eyes so that I couldn't see Hunter's sexy body.

"Seriously, you guys left a giant hole in my bedroom and all you can say is that we sorted it out and what do you mean Cole and I are broken up? You have no say in this Hunter."

"Erm… actually he does and we’re broken up." Cole said quickly when Hunter started growling again.

"You are such a wuss. You need to stop this Hunter your temper is getting out of control and if you can't control yourself any longer you shouldn't be doing this. Now have you seen my phone and purse, I'm going out."

"Where are you going?" Hunter asked.

"Er… like I'm going to tell your crazy ass. Now where's my phone and purse."

"I'm not telling you until you tell me where you're going first."

"Then I'll leave without it." I said and turned to walk out.

"Snow, you're not going anywhere until you tell me where you're going."

"No you broke my bedroom floor, now you can just sit there and guess." I said turning back to glare at him.

"Fine go, like I care."

"Oh my word will you guys just get a room?" Cole mumbled and I glared at him.

"Well I would, IF MY ROOM DIDN'T HAVE A GIANT HOLE IN THE FLOOR. Where am I supposed to sleep now?" I screamed at him

“Next to me.” Hunter said in a duh voice.

“Arrgh…YOU ARE SO ANNOYING.” I shouted in frustration, not knowing what else to say and left, slamming the door behind me as I exited the front door.

"Argh, why are boys so stupid?" I mumbled as I marched to the waiting car.

"Where's your bag? And why do you look so angry?" Jessica asked as she eyed me closely.

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just go and get this over with okay?"

"Okay." We drove in silence to Stacey's house, another one of the organizers of this stupid slave auction.

When we arrived there I was feeling a little better, I'll deal with those two when I get back home later, but for right now, I just want to relax and cool off.

"Have I met Stacey before?" I asked Jessica as we got out of the car and walked towards the door.

"She's in four of you classes. I'm pretty sure you two met."

"Oh… well good." I said plastering a smile.

We got to the door and Jessica knocked, it wasn't even long before the door opened and this brunette I’m assuming to be Stacey opened the door and screamed.

What the heck? Is there some scary monster behind us or were we being attacked or something? Is this even the right house?

I actually looked behind me half expecting to see Big foot or the Chupacabra.

"OMG Sarah you finally came to rehearsal. Oh gosh you have so much to catch up on, we have to get started right away." Then she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the house towards the living room, which looked more like a fabric factory with some partially clothed girls lounging around.

"Okay where are their clothes? Why is there so much material around? Are we sewing, because I can't-"

"Whoa slow down Sarah, they're getting fitted and trying on outfits." Jessica giggled and dropped her bag on the couch as she grabbed a blue dress, "Ooo… I like this one." She mumbled as she continued admiring the dress.

"Fitted- okay look I'm not getting dressed in front of you so… I'm going."

"Sarah, but you just got here and you're way behind with rehearsals."

"What is there to rehears? You stand on stage and wait for a guy to bet on you like at a slave market. Not much to do."

"It's not a slave market." Shouted this one blond girl right at the back.

"I know that I was - never mind, I'm going."

"Wait Sarah-"
"No please let that loser go. She's not even pretty, bet she won't even make two dollars." I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face Madam Whore-a-lot.

"Well if isn't my favorite cow, The moon." I smirked as I turned towards her. What the hell is she doing here? And more importantly why didn't Jessica say anything?

"Argh! My name is Luna not the moon and for your information I weigh 108lb. Nowhere near a cow, unlike you." Luna sneered I fake gasped and placed my hands on my cheeks in fake concern.

"Oh my someone throw her a chicken leg before she slips through some crack on the sidewalk. How do you shower? Do you dance around until water hits you or something?" I asked tapping my finger against my chin as if I was really pondering this question.

"Argh, you're impossible. If it wasn't for your brother I would-"

"Then you would what? Bully me some more, act like a world class bitch, tell me because if it wasn't for my brother what could you possibly do to me that would hurt me? If you think a spoilt child like you can ever hurt me, you are obviously delirious, so tell me Luna, what can you do to me that hasn't already been done?" I said going all serious as I stepped right up into her face to challenge her, because I really was getting sick and tired of the way she's been treating me. It’s not enough that I have the council plotting, Hunter’s mood swings, Sammy’s mental problems and Jake being on the verge of becoming a hellhound to deal with, I have to deal with this spoilt little girl too? In light of everything else, it makes her seem more of a nuisance than an actual threat that she perceives herself to be.

"Well, I erm.. I'll - I'll…" She stuttered.

"Just as I thought."

"Look I don't need to take this. Have my clothes sent to my house and Stacey …make sure it's altered properly, the lord knows you can at least do that right. I'll see you losers tomorrow." Then she took off out of the door, while the rest of us stared at her back and as soon as the door slammed closed we all burst into laughter. Everyone started talking at once,

"OMW you're so awesome-"

"Did you see how she stuttered?"

"I'm so telling the girls at school about this."

"Sarah you're so cool, we should hang out."

"Wow I wish I was as ballsy as you, did you see how fast she exited the door? You should come to every rehearsal." Stacey said to me beaming, I on the other hand was surrounded by gushing girls that all spoke at once. This was very weird; there were a bunch of girls that actually liked me… not sure how I feel about this.

"Well I er…"

"Give her some room to breathe ladies, can't you see you're crowding her."  Jessica said coming to my rescue, and for the first time in my life I wanted to be rescued. I was totally out of my element.

"Thanks" I whispered to her.

"You're welcome; you looked like you needed help."

"You have no idea." I mumbled under my breathe, so quietly that she never heard me.

The rest of the afternoon went great, considering I wasn't snooping or beating up a rogue wolf or setting a school on fire. I actually had fun…with a group of girls… what is this town doing to me?

It was well after 8pm when we had finally finished rehearsals and Jessica had me home by 9pm. My feet was so sore from wearing high heels, when Jessica and the others realized I couldn't walk properly in them, they just had to help me right that second. Stacey said, and I quote, "Oh you poor thing, you never learned how to walk in stiletto's. We have to teach you before the fair." I wasn't sure if she was making fun of me or genuinely upset over the fact that I had never learned how to walk on those toe pinching stilts. Then most of the day was walking up and down in 9" stiletto's with a book on my head… not the easiest thing to do in the world, let me tell you.

Why do woman do that to themselves, not only does it hurt, you can't walk in them and it feels like the shoe is trying to break your toes right off your foot.

I got out of the car and the minute my feet touched the ground, I groaned in pain.

Jessica sucked in a breath through her teeth and said, "You might want to soak that in ice sweetie. They did push you hard today."

"Ya think? That is exactly what I'm going to do, then climb into bed and call in sick tomorrow." I said smiling as I closed the door behind me.

"Sick? But all you did was walk around in high heels." Jessica said confusedly. Easier for her to say, she was most probably born wearing heels.

"My point exactly. See you on Monday." I called as I waved over my shoulder as I limped to the door.

"Night Sarah, see you Monday." Jessica called before she drove away.

I just muttered a bye, because my feet was killing me, I just wanted to get into a warm bath and then get into bed.

I opened the door and everything was dark and quiet, that immediately put me on alert, usually everyone's  with the maybe exception of Sammy  was home by now and the house still looked like a tornado blew through it. If Rachelle was home and seen this place like it was now then Hunter and Cole would be here fixing it up.  Where is everyone? Was Rachelle and Sammy even home today?

I walked towards the plate display cabinet and carefully pulled out my hidden sword, readying it as I went silently went through the house.

I opened up my empathy power, something that Hunter wouldn't  like, but I  was blind here, I couldn't rely on my  smell because the council was using that scent serum to hide their scent, and using my power would give me an idea of what they're true feelings are, and maybe I could follow their feelings straight  to them.

So I opened myself up and boy was that a mistake, I started to feel everyone’s feelings within a 3 mile radius. I hadn't been practicing my power so I was a bit rusty. It took a few precious minutes for me to shorten the distance to just this house only. I don't remember my power having that far of a reach, my power was growing. I used to only be able to affect or feel others emotion in the same room as me, well that's not the situation any more.

I felt emotions coming from my bedroom; I concentrated a little more and made out six different people or at least six different emotions all being felt at once, which was nearly impossible. 

I slowly crept around, still limping on my sore feet, a really bad day to try on freaking heels.

I held my sword at the ready as I neared my bedroom. As I got closer I became more convinced that there were more than one person in that room, and one of them was ready to blow. I mean he was giving off heavy emotions, anger, anxiety, confusion, lust, love, it was just so overwhelming. I could hear whispering, not audible enough to make out what was being said. If I wasn’t a wolf, I most likely would never have been able to hear it at all.

I walked into the room, and immediately things went still. I more like felt, rather than heard something or someone behind me and I turned my sword extended to where I suspected the person to be. Then all of a sudden the lights turned on and at the end of my sword was Nick.

“Nick? What are you doing here?” I asked as I put my sword away.

“Nice to see you too Snow.” He said sarcastically while  rubbing his neck.

“I told you not to stand behind her and surprising her would be a mistake, and apparently he’s here to get himself killed.” I heard Cole answer from behind me.

“Is that traitor ex-boyfriend still here?” I asked without turning around.

“Ex?” I heard a girl’s voice shout from behind me and I turned to see Rose standing close by.

“Rose? You here too? You guys were only supposed to come next week. What are you doing here? Not that I’m not excited to see you guys.” I said as I hugged both of them.

“Yeah we got a little bored and decided to come through early.” Nick said

“You guys are deviating from the plan. We need everything to go smoothly.” Hunter angrily said, then crossed his arms over his chest. I glared at him and realized that he was the one that had the buildup of emotion. No wonder he was always on edge, but why the intensity? What is wrong with him?

“Don’t listen to him I’m glad you came. When did you guys get here?” I asked to try and lighten the mood.

“We just got here fifteen minutes ago; we were just about to hear how a giant hole appeared in your bedroom and what happened to Coles face.” Rose said crossing her arms and glaring at them. Rachelle wasn’t here yet, she must have been pulling a late night. Will have to phone and check up on her.

I looked Cole and he did look pretty badly busted up, Hunter went to town on his face. What I noticed first was that Hunter hadn’t healed Cole yet, and it didn’t look like he was going to. That was so unlike him, letting someone sit around in pain, while he’s able to help. There was defiantly something wrong with him. Poor Cole, I’ll just have to heal him myself later.

As soon as I was done thinking that, Hunters head snapped towards me, he said nothing but glared at me. Did he just hear what I thought? Does he have this power already?

The rest of the night went okay; Hunter kept to himself while everyone else mingled. When I had a chance I pulled Nick aside and told him what Kayla told me and he said he’ll help Kayla in any way possible and that he would go see her first thing tomorrow morning.

After that conversation I relaxed a little bit more, tomorrow I’m going back to the clinic, and I’m going to find out who exactly has entrance to that secret room and I’m going to get in there and end this.

Glancing at Hunter who was still wearing his pissed off look, which lately seemed to be the norm for him. He was staring at me with his arms crossed and his mouth tight, I just hope he can hold it together until then. It seems like Jake’s not the only one that has a trigger that will set him off any second. We better move fast before our mission has failed before it has even begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 258 90
Alpha Kayden Dixon of the Moon shadow pack was thrown into it at a young age when his parents were killed. He was a strong wolf and fighter and he di...
1.4K 168 32
The werewolf council has created a new tradition among the packs, The Grr Games. Two people from the top 11 packs have to fight for 5 days. Whoever s...
1.8K 85 38
Just another human girl living in a world surrounded by werewolves. These mythical creatures are all around her and yet they're all out of her reach...
52 1 40
Book 7 In a small town near Paris was a group of people who swam in a river, now becoming a group of people to survive a greater evil than they ever...