Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 5: You & I
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 18: One After Another
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths
Chapter 22: Never Without You
Chapter 23: The Last Work
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 26: Against it All
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 7: Begin to End

99 0 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next morning*

-Jaemin's POV-

Last night, I tried to sleep as much as I possibly could. After all, having to share a room with Narae didn't help me much to dream peacefully. All I could think about was Narae and what happened before both of us went to sleep; I can't believe I saw her cry, that I consoled her, and it was a huge surprise to know that Narae wanted me to be more friendly towards her. It was hard to process everything in one night, so I decided to stand up before anyone, prepare some breakfast for the guys, and make some coffee as well. I wanted to keep my mind busy with anything; I didn't want to think about the memories I made last night with Narae; after all, I still have to protect myself from anything that can hurt me.

Yesterday, I had the chance to talk with Jeno about the situation that happened with Narae in the kitchen. My friend told me to show Narae how I feel about her and asked me to give it a chance to love again. It is hard for me to forget about my past and let go from it like thin air, but Jeno said that I should stop living in the experiences that hurt me back in the day. After all, he wants me to have happy times now that I can enjoy what I love the most.

*Current time – 9:20 a.m.*

I'm having a cup of coffee while reviewing the progress we've made on the last project; I noticed that my team is working hard on every task, which makes me feel calmer about the upcoming event for the presentation of the final project.

As I'm looking at my tablet, I saw someone walking inside the kitchen. Yet, I didn't look up since I kept on checking out the files.

-Good morning. It seems that you woke up before anyone else. – I heard Narae's voice, making me glance at her. She's taking a cup of coffee while staring back at me.

-I wanted to take advantage of the time, that's all. – I assured before drinking some of my coffee and then returned my sight to the iPad.

-You also packed your things. – Narae pointed out before standing on the other side of the bar.

-Yes, I did. And you might want to do the same thing; we have a lot of things to get done. – I spoke, not looking back at Narae as I tried to focus on the work.

-Hmm, you are right. – Narae spoke before drinking some coffee out of her cup. She stood in silence for some seconds as I kept my attention on the iPad's screen, but then I heard Narae sigh. -Jaemin, can I ask you something personal? – She suddenly questioned.

I glanced back at Narae, immediately noticing that she was becoming worried about something. So, I nodded at her request and paid attention to what she wanted to say.

-How can you be so stiff? How can you take so much and still stand up? – Narae questioned between some stuttering, and then she took another sip of her coffee, hiding her face behind the mug.

-I focus on work, I guess. I think about my father and my responsibility at the company; I suppose that's how I can hide what I feel. – I sincerely spoke while staring worriedly at Narae. -But why do you ask? Did something happen? – I asked, concerned.

-No, no, it was just a bad dream. I don't have those so often, so I guess I got confused after waking up. – Narae disclosed before smiling slightly.

There's my girl, always smiling no matter what happens. I guess that's a good trait, but it can also be worrying for the ones close to her. Right?

Before I could say anything else, the rest of the guys came inside the kitchen. All of them greeted both of us while laughing and messing with one another.

-Ready to work, boss! – Chenle chuckled before hugging me.

I smiled. -I like that energy. – I said before cluttering Chenle's hair. -We are reuniting at my apartment after 4:30 p.m. I want everyone there with all the progress you make today. – I ordered while glancing at everyone inside the room.

-Alright! – Everyone agreed.

-Jaemin-ah, are we going to get divided into groups? – Chenle asked while surrounding my neck with his arms.

-Yes, the same organization. That way, we'll have high progress on the project. – I told Chenle while looking up at him.

-Okay! – Chenle nodded as a soft giggle made us look away from one another. Our eyes landed on Jisung and Narae, both making fun of the way Chenle and I were acting.

-What? – We asked at the same time while looking at them.

-You are acting softer than other days, don't you think, hyung? – Jisung pointed out while chuckling slightly.

-No, am I? – I questioned while looking up at Chenle.

-No. – Chenle smiled before hugging me tighter.

Narae chuckled while looking at me; I smiled back at her while feeling embarrassed.

*Moments later*

-Narae's POV-

After having a lovely breakfast with your friends, everyone began to work on the project. However, Jaemin and you; took another route back to his apartment. Both needed to work on similar tasks, so Jaemin drove to his place along with all of your things. After all, you'll return home once today's work concludes.

Currently, Jaemin went to the kitchen to warm the water for some coffee. And in the meantime, you are placing all the necessary files in order on the table. But before you could continue, the doorbell rang.

-Narae, can you open the door? – Jaemin asked, shouting from the kitchen.

-Sure! – You replied before walking towards the entrance, and then you opened the door.

As soon as you saw the person in front of you, your jaw dropped, and your heart stopped beating.

-What are you doing here, Cha Narae? – Eunju asked while looking at you, upset.

-That's what I should ask you, Sonu Eunju. – You answered angrily.

-I came to see my boyfriend, so back off. – Eunju said before pushing you out of her way and then entered Jaemin's place.

You closed the door before following Eunju, and then you held her arm to pull her away.

-Jaemin was very clear when he said that he didn't want you here. – You spoke seriously.

-Now you call my baby by his name, huh? How brave. – Eunju scoffed before sighing. -Yesterday, you had my boyfriend's phone, and I want to know why. – She demanded while walking towards you.

-I won't say anything to you; that isn't part of my job. – You stated while facing Eunju, not fearing her presence at all.

-Narae, who was at the door? – Jaemin asked while going out of the kitchen, and there's when he saw Eunju. He stood there speechlessly while Eunju got closer to him.

-Baby! I came to see you as I promised yesterday. – Eunju said while hugging Jaemin.

You sighed before looking away; after all, your heart hurts when Eunju believes he owns Jaemin.

-Eunju, I told you I wasn't available. So, get out of my apartment. – Jaemin said sternly, not doubting his words.

-So, I have to leave, and she gets to stay?! – Eunju questioned, upset, pointing at you while acting like the victim.

-I'm working with Narae. So, yes, she gets to stay. – Jaemin spoke before getting away from Eunju. -I don't have time for this, Eunju. So, please, leave. – Jaemin said while opening the door of the entrance.

Eunju flipped her hair before walking towards you; she held your arm tightly while pulling you closer.

-It won't stay this way, Cha Narae. – Eunju threatened.

-Eunju, leave her alone! – Jaemin raised his voice, sounding upset. So, Eunju did as Jaemin told before going out of the apartment. And right after that, Jaemin closed the door and took a deep breath.

-I'm sorry about that, are you okay? – Jaemin asked while walking towards you.

-Yes, it's just that I can't believe that you tolerate that girl. – You admitted, speaking upset about the situation.

Jaemin chuckled. -I don't have a lot of patience with Eunju, but sometimes I have to stay quiet because she's the daughter of my father's best friend. – Jaemin revealed, making you look up at him, surprised.

-Oh, so you don't like her that much, huh? – You questioned.

Jaemin shook his head. -Not at all, but let's stop talking about Eunju. And focus on something else, okay? – Jaemin said before smiling at you.

It's obvious; you had enough of Eunju, right Jaemin? I guess you honestly respect your father's company and your position as a son.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 126 31
"It starts as a love story, but it isn't that way when you get deeper into the circumstances we are attempting to move away just to love one another...
31.8K 1.6K 30
"Dear Diary, why does Lee Jeno have to be so fucking cute?" "Dear Diary, I'm in belief that Jaemin hates me." - Na Jaemin writes his feelings in a di...
37.2K 1.5K 46
♡ school romance "I don't deserve you Jaemin..." "What makes you say that?" "You're a kind, considerate, intelligent and humble person. The most of t...
25.9K 848 17
" i wish we could stay like this forever. " - lucid dream || first part of the NCT Soulmate Series || NCT Mark Soulmate AU ✨ start: may 29, 2019 end...