We & Us (Keishin Ukai x reade...

By chatterbox73

This story is based off the ukai x y/n text series on my TikTok, disclaimer I don't own haikyuu or any of th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7.

Chapter 6.

579 24 13
By chatterbox73

Unbelievable... just unbelievable.

Waning this chapter mentions/insinuates a non-consensual relationship, please be mindful and don't read if this will trigger you. Also I'm really sorry this took so long I had some family issues going on and it put a really big stop on writing or even having the creativity for writing... hehe :)

"You look tired, and you've been yawning all throughout practice" kiyoko said while helping to pack the first aid kit for tomorrow's practice, "oh really? I hadn't noticed" you looked up at her and smiled, 'kiyoko too smart to fall for one of your lies y/n' you mentally curse yourself, "I'm not too smart to see though your lies, I've just known you long enough, oh and you're a terrible lair" kiyoko didn't look up from the first aid pack as she explained, "what! How!?" You asked dumbfounded, now wondering if she could read minds. "I'm not a mind reader, I can just see it on your face" she smiled and shook her head in amusement, sometimes you wondered how someone as perfect as kiyoko was best friends with you, but you're certainly glad you were. "Now why are you so tired all the time?" She asked, "okay time to come clean, promise you won't be mad?" You looked at her with pleading eyes, and she gave you a single nod, so you continued "well I've been trying to bring up my grade point average, so I may have stayed up a little too late once or twice" you flat out lied to her, as she nod you were convinced she hadn't bought it, but she didn't questioning further. That in your books is a win.

"Alright everyone, we're finished for today" You heard coach ukai shout from behind you, "you ready to go?" He asked while tapping your shoulder. Spinning around to look at him, you nod and follow him out the gym, to his car. By now everyone knew why you went with ukai after practice, however the only reason everyone knows is because Nishinoya and Tanaka's nosy habits...

***Flashback***

Tanaka and Noya had both found it weird that you'd been leaving at the exact same time as ukai after every practice, "hey noya, don't you find it weird y/n leaves the same time as coach everyday?" Tanaka asked his friend, "yeah I was thinking the same thing" noya responded enthusiastically, now greatful that he's not the only one to pick up on it. "So we have to figure out what going on!..." tanaka stated and continued on explaining his plan to follow you and ukai, to see just what you're both hiding. Later that day after evening practice, both tanaka and noya followed ukai and you out of the gym to a little yellow car. As you both got to the car, ukai opens the door for you and then walked around to the drivers side of the car. "Why are they in the car together?" Tanaka asked his friend, as the yellow car pulled out of the parking lot with both you and ukai. "They're shacked up" noya gasped, "what! But that's illegal, should we tell the team?" Tanaka panicked, watching the yellow car disappear. However both nishinoya and tanaka had decided to keep quiet about your's and ukai's car rides, well that was until they saw you the next morning looking more tired and uncomfortable then usual. Gathered in the gym for morning practice, they kept the all the boys behind for a minute to tell them, "are you sure? That's a dangerous accusation" Daichi asked, "THEY LEFT IN THE SAME CAR!!! HE EVEN OPENED THE DOOR FOR HER!" Noya yelled "AND YOU SAW HOW TIRED AND UNCOMFORTABLE SHE WAS THIS MORNING!! SHE COULDN'T EVEN PICK UP A BALL WITHOUT WINCING IN PAIN" tanaka back noya up, yelling just as loudly. "Well if that doesn't sound like a couple going to hookup I don't know what does" suga tapped his chin in thought, "do you think it's... you know?... she wants it..." ennoshita focused his eyes on the floor. "What are you insinuating? That's it's not consensual?" Tsukishima scoffed finding this whole thing ridiculous, "well perhaps that's why she's been looking sad, and tired recently" asahi added and silence fell on the group of boys, as they thought about your mood change since ukai started coaching the team. "Now that you mentioned it..." suga dropped his head, "that's it we need to do something" Daichi said as everyone left the gym. Evening practice rolled around sooner then intended and you were running late, however when you got to the gym practice hadn't been taking place, it hadn't even started. Instead you were met with all the boys gathering around ukai, just about ready to jump him, however both takeda and kiyoko were trying to defuse the situation. "Listen to me, whatever you think is happening, isn't happening... look it's not my place to say why she's leaving with me, but I'm telling you that we're not hooking up" ukai said holding his hands up in defence, "that's not very convincing" tsukishima said almost like he was trying to make the situation worse. "He's right! That's it Tanaka you hold, I'll punch!" Noya shouted rolling up his jacket sleeves, "whatever you did to her, we're gonna do to you" Daichi said in a seemingly calm tone but he held a very scary facial expression. "What are you all doing?" You asked, "y/n! Are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he?" Hinata grabbed you and pulled you away from the large group, "I'm fine, what are you doing to coach?" You point to ukai, who had been backed up against the wall. "They think I've been taking you home with me" he said, and you felt your face go red with embarrassment, "w-what?!" You look over to the boys surrounding ukai and frown. "Why?" You focus on both noya and tanaka, knowing they'd be behind this. Watching them, they both gulped nervously, "well... we saw both of you leave together in the same car" noya explained nervously, shifting his weight between his feet. "And the first thing you thought was that I'M fooling around with the COACH?" Your frown deepened, and anger rested on each word. "Umm yeah" tanaka looked everywhere but you, "you didn't even think to ask me? Honestly I should have expected something like this from you two..." you point at noya and tanaka "...but the rest of you, I thought you guy were smarter then this. If you must know, I'm not hooking up with anyone, and certainly not the coach of the volleyball team." You look towards that rest of the team, who all looked very apologetic and so you continued on. "Coach has been nice enough to take me to the hospital everyday so that I can see my father" you finish with a deep sigh, you were annoyed but you understand it was a misunderstanding, so you decided to forgive them this time. "Now apologies to coach and get started on practices" you demanded, with a chorus of apologies everyone went back to work.

***end of flashback***

"Tell your dad we said 'hi'" Daichi shouts as you walk out the gym, you nod and continue on. At the hospital it was just like any other day, although unlike the other days your father was now recovering from his recent operation.

The operation he received wasn't too serious just a few skin grafts, and luckily enough his recovery was going perfectly, even better then perfectly... fantastically... all in all the operation was a success.

However today you got the news about how much the operation cost and how you could setup a payment plan, so it's fair to say you have to work even harder from now on.

"Sweetie how's school going?" Your father asked as he ate a cookie you got earlier today, "it's good, I'm still keeping up with everything" you smile as you watch him enjoy the cookie. Under better circumstances you'd be beyond overjoyed to have an convention with your father while he's sober, but your just glad he's doing better. It seemed like something was bothering him but you couldn't pick out what, as you were about to ask he spoke up, "Y/n, I know about my job and I'm not mad you didn't tell me, I just wanna know how your taking care of yourself and how I can help" your father said in a sad tone, "if you need to you can tap into my savings" he said while looking you dead in the eyes, "don't worry dad, I got a weekend job" you smile to reassure him your total fine. Your father doesn't say anything right away but he does nod, "well if you ever need more, use my savings. Also you should head home and have dinner" he said, nodding you get up and hug him goodbye. As your leaving the doctor stops you for a second time, "miss l/n, your father is making a very speedy recovery and should be out of here by next week" she explains, "that's amazing, thank you" you bow to the woman, and say your goodbyes.

***Time skip to the next morning***

Sitting in the change room of your workplace, changing into your rubber boots. You heard some women in their mid-twenties talking about a good looking man who just started a few days ago, they explained that he was tall but not too tall, has a nice build and dyed blonde hair. 'I guess that's all it takes for women to swoon' you thought shaking your head in amusement, "you think he's married or dating someone?" One of the women asked, "I hope not but he seems like the type to be taken" another pouts, at this you leave to go get your work done.

Hunched over picking chillies from the small bushes and putting them in your basket, once the basket's full you stood up and stretched out before picking up your basket. As you walked back to the little shop so the older women can wash the chillies and cut them, however on your way there you happen to bump into someone. "I'm so sorry! You didn't drop anything, did you?" You asked in a panic, looking at the tall strangers back. "It's fin-" said as he turned around, "y/n!" It was ukai, 'oh crap, he knows, he wasn't supposed to know that I'm working here' you internally panic, "oh hey coach" you smile weakly...

Have you gotten more comfortable around ukai... yes...

Are you still awkward around him... also yes...

"I didn't know your worked here" he states as you both start walking back to the shop. "So do you want me to drive you home" ukai asked as you both properly cleaned off your muddy boots and put them away, "it's alright, I live only five minutes away from here" you smile and thank him, "alright if you say so, just make sure you walk safely" ukai smiled as he walked to the door.

The days passed on and you'd seen ukai everyday this week at work and volleyball practice. It was strange, the more time you spend with him the more you were falling for him.

However it was now Friday evening and volleyball practice was now taking place, well the boys were actually having a break, but whatever same difference. You sat with kiyoko and spoke about anything and everything, unbeknownst to both of you but noya and Tanaka are eavesdropping on yours and kiyoko's conversation. "So how's your little crush going?" She asked, "it's fine, you'd think because I spent a lot of time with him, I'd be less awkward but no" you shrug and take a deep breath. "Have you told him?" Kiyoko asked with a side smile, already knowing the answer. "Are you crazy!? Of course not..." you whisper-yell while kiyoko just laughs at you, "cause that'd go fantastically, 'oh hey coach, I like you... oh what was that... no no, I like like you...' I'd just about die if he found out" your voice was lasted with sarcasm, kiyoko continued to chuckle at your words while you pouted watching as practice starts back again. "Y/n, I'm kinda worried about you..." kiyoko turned to face you, "what? That was so sudden" you chuckle and watch the boys hit the ball back and forth over the net, "listen, you didn't tell me about your dad when he was taking to hospital, even though you tell me everything... not only that but you've been really tired lately and I'm just worried about you" she rested a hand on your shoulder and watched your face for any change of expression, "look kiyoko, I'm totally fine... if I wasn't I'd reach out okay" you look her in the eyes, you weren't lying or at least you think your not lying. You have been handling yourself quite well, you'd been eating well, buying enough food, paying utility bills and medical bills. You were doing really well for yourself, there was no need to get anyone else involved. "I know that, but I'm still worried. Y/n can you please just go straight home tonight and go get some extra sleep" kiyoko looked at you with pleading eyes, all you could do was nod, not wanting to worry her further.

Watching the progress the team had make was fantastic and it overjoyed Takeda, "listen coach I own you a drink, it's amazing what you've done with these guys in such a short amount of time." Takeda smiled and continued to watch the boys. "I'll take you up on that offer anytime specs" ukai smiled while folding his arms over his chest, "well how about tonight?" takeda asked still keeping his eyes on the boys, "I don't know I might still have to take y/n to the hospital, we could after I'm finished" ukai let his eyes drift over to you, and noticed you're walking over to him. "Hey coach, about the hospital tonight. I'm planning on not going, so don't worry about taking time out of your Friday to drive me there." You explained, ukai just nodded along "okay well that works out well, I was gonna buy him a few drinks tonight" Takeda said with soft smile, "hopefully you get plenty of rest, you look like you need it" takeda looked at you his smile only brighting, "Alright I will" you return his smile, 'oh brother, do I really look that tired' you thought with a sigh.

As soon as you got home to fell asleep, however you were awoken by the sound of your phone buzzing. Looking at the screen you could see that noya had messaged the group chat...

Ukai and takeda sat at a small table in the bar, their conversations had been mostly about volleyball. That was until the conversation at hand took a turn towards women, "so ukai, you got yourself a girlfriend?" Takeda asked, ukai shook his head, "nah... how about you?" He asked in return, and takeda took a deep breath like he was ready to explain the whole of his dating life. "No no... there's this really cute woman I work with, butttt she married so there's not change in hell" takeda finished by taking a large gulp of his drink. The conversation about takeda's missed opportunity with this mystery woman continued on, until you popped up in ukai's head. This wasn't uncommon recently you'd been occupying ukai's thoughts religiously. "Hey crazy question have you ever fallen for any of your students?" Ukai asked, takeda tilted his head in thought. "Well not really, I have had very pretty and handsome students and I've worked with some really pretty and handsome but I've never fallen for any of them, other then that woman" takeda nodded in agreement with his our answer, "is this about one of my students... because I think I know who you're talking about" takeda smirked knowing exactly who ukai was talking about, "you know what, don't worry about it" ukai downed the rest of his drink and look everywhere aside from takeda. An awkward silence filled the atmosphere around them, until takeda spoke having a mischievous idea, "hey listen here, I know you have some kind of feelings for y/n... let's make a bet, if you two don't end up together in the future I'll pay you ¥1500... but if you do, you have to pay me" takeda looked ukai dead in the eye and pushed his hand out to shake on there 'agreement'. "You know what just to prove you wrong, but if she doesn't confess her feeling... which she doesn't have... by the end of the year, then the deals off" ukai grumble, in his eyes this was ridiculous... in what world would a pretty young lady like you have feelings for an old guy like him. After shaking on there agreement, suddenly both their phones started vibrating with messages from the volleyball team group chat...

****Karasuno's group chat****

Nishinoya: Y/n....
I think you have something to tell up

Y/n (you): What?

Tanaka: We know...

Y/n: Okay...
What do you know?

Daichi: Stop bugging y/n

Nishinoya: We know who you like

Y/n: What!? I don't what you're talking about

Ennoshita: Wait how do you two know?

Nishinoya: We heard her and kiyoko talking

Kiyoko: So you were both listening in on our private conversation.

Tanaka: ...0///0

Nishinoya: <3<3 0///0

Tanaka: She spoke to us bro

Nishinoya: I know

Y/n: Back on topic!

Nishinoya: right.

Y/n: you can't tell anyone, I don't want to embarrass him

Daichi: what, any guy would be lucky to have you liking him

Asahi: He's right :)

Sugawara: If you want you can like me instead

Y/n: sugawara... :|

Sugawara: Maybe not... that's cool too

Hinata: So who is it?

Tsukishima: Probably someone just as ugly as her

Yamaguchi: Tsukki that's mean
Y/n-senpai I think you're pretty

Y/n: Thank you Yamaguchi

Tanaka: Noya I really wanna tell them

Nishinoya: I know

Y/n: You can't, he could find out and it makes it weird

Ennoshita: Well that means it's not one of us

Nishinoya: That's not entirely true

Sugawara: What?

Daichi: Wait don't say anything

Asahi: He's right, it's not our business

Nishinoya: It's coach ukai

Y/n: ...

Ennoshita: Wait for real

Hinata: But he's so old

Tanaka: I know right

Tsukishima: That's disgusting

Tsukishima's offline

Yamaguchi: I'm sorry y/n-senpai
We shouldn't have been told

Y/n: Whatever it's fine Yamaguchi, you didn't do anything wrong

Y/n's offline

After getting offline you muted the group chat and when back to sleep, what you didn't know was that your situation was only going to get worse...

**Back in that chat**

Sugawara: You two little shits better think of a Mighty good apology for her

Asahi: oh no

Sugawara: oh no is right, I'll beat their asses

Asahi: No not that
Look who's in the chat
...

Daichi: Oh shit

Ennoshita: Umm hi coach, did you read all this?

Coach ukai: Yeah I did actually

Sugawara: It was a joke right boys?

Tanaka: No

Coach ukai's offline

Nishinoya: Wrong answer bro

Kageyama: Shouldn't he be flattered that a pretty girl likes him??

Hinata: That's what I was thinking... I'd totally melt if someone as kind and pretty like y/n liked me

Ennoshita: Guys that's exactly it y/n is still a girl and coach is a grown man
Tanaka and Noya, you shouldn't of said anything... this kind of stuff can get y/n and coach in a lot of trouble

Nishinoya: maybe we can make this right

Tanaka: hopefully

**end of the chat**

After reading the text messages ukai look up at takeda and shook his head, "unbelievable... just unbelievable" he remarked in disbelief. "Well I was right, I take cash or check" takeda smirked at the distain on ukai's face. Well this was just great not only was ukai ¥1500 out of pocket, it would now be incredibly awkward between both you and him, 'could tonight get any more worse?' Ukai asked himself. "Alright specs, I'll pay you next week... let call it a night, I'll get you a taxi" ukai helped takeda up and walked him over you the taxi waiting bay and called for a cab, he got takeda home safely and then got himself home safely. 'Let's hope tonight can't get worse' ukai thought as he laid in bed waiting for sleep.

The obnoxiously loud ring of your phone woke you up, not reading the contact name or the time you answered "miss l/n! Hello is that you?" The voice sounded almost urgent, "yes" you respond starting to wake up, "we need you to come to the hospital, it's urgent."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 2.6K 8
i hope you enjoy! please vote on the chapters it makes me really happy :') and let's me know what you're enjoying so i can know what and what not to...
44K 1.5K 18
"𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄 𝐁𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄, 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋." ~ ✰ 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘯:...
66.1K 871 15
Assorted stories + fics! C o n t a i n s : -fluff, angst, etc. -headcanons! -general fics🤺 -volleyball Cuties . . . Hop through an assortment of ch...
43.3K 1.4K 20
Scarred by a troubled childhood, (y/n) finds herself in a new country and a new school. Despite your traumatizing past, you've always had a safe plac...