Lucifer's weakness (Lucifer's...

By asgards_librarian

Lucifer is used to doing what he wants, when he wants. He never like responsibility. Until he has it thrust u... More

The Devil's a Dad
Who Killed Emily
Doctor Linda Martin
Bipolar
Piano lessons
Uncle Amenadiel
The Florist
Poison
Help Me Brother
Disappointing Child
Memories
Back from hell
Do you want me?
Something Wrong
What day is it?
May 15th
M'Not Drunk
Bloody Hell Lauren
Nightmares
The Morning After
Murderer See, Murderer Do
A Night To Forget
The Deciding Battle
Back From Hell (Again)
New Plan
Escape
The Final Chapter
Just Kidding The Story Continues
What If God Was One Of Us
Family Dinner
Car Crash
Grand Theft Auto
Once a Criminal, Always a Criminal
Seventeen
Retirement Party
Vandalism Isn't Technically a Crime
The Clock Is Ticking
Crash Bang Boom
Like a Good Boy
Sinister
He Deserves This
Oblivion

Drug Deals & Mob Bosses

1.4K 57 5
By asgards_librarian

Lucifer's POV

Do you know what would be nice? To have at least one damn week where no one was dying, or nearly going to die. I was getting tired of the same thing over and over. Hopefully that would be the case now. Lauren was back where she belonged, Michael was back where he belonged, and Ammenadiel hadn't noticed a thing. Or if he had, he hadn't brought it up yet. But my wish was going to have to wait. The time difference here on earth was majorly different and it had been two months since I had left. I walked into the precinct the next morning to find Chloe and Daniel working frantically on what seemed to be a new case. Chloe looked up and saw me, then rushed over, grabbing my wrist and pulling me over,

"Lucifer, I'm so glad you're back. You need to help us. I ran into a dangerous case involving a drug gang and now Trixie is gone." She's what?! The little urchin was probably the only child, Lauren aside, that I could actually tolerate.

"Have you got any clues?" She shook her head.

"No. The kidnappers want $2million and for us to drop the case by Monday."

"What day is it now?"

"Thursday." Bloody hell that did not leave us enough time.

"What do we know about the gang?"

"Not a lot. Only that they are new to town but not new to the business. They are very discreet and are slippery. We haven't managed to catch anyone yet. We don't have any names, no locations. Nothing." This was not going to be easy. "The only thing we can really do, is-"

"Chloe no." Dan spoke up. "I know you want to find Trixie, so do I, believe me, but we can't do that if they get you too."

"Going undercover is the only way we can find out anything about these guys. Maybe get us closer to finding our daughter." Dan sighed.

"Fine. But it can't be you or me. These guys know who we are and will most likely kill her if they see us." Chloe leaned against the table in thought.

"What about Lucifer?"

"Too obvious. Too many people know he works with us these days. And if anyone would know, it'd be these guys." An idea popped into my head as Daniel said this.

"What about someone who doesn't work here and apparently has experience with drug dealers?" It took a while, but Dan finally clicked onto what I was trying to say.

"No. No absolutely not."

***

Lauren's POV

My black hoodie shaded my face from prying eyes as I ran the plan over again in my head. I was supposed to meet up with a drug dealer and try to show my usefulness with my services. I used to me a kind of informant for other dealers a while back. Remember Marcus? Yeah I used to get him customers a lot. Until his business got more popular and he didn't need me anymore, then I moved onto the next dealer, then the next, and the next.

I had gotten pretty well known in that community, and had made a lot of 'friends' during that time. I say friends like that because none of us know anything about the other, outside of business. I cashed in my favor with Marcus from helping his business start, and asked him to recommend me to the guys Chloe and Dan wanted me to get information on. Thanks to me, Marcus was a well respected Dealer in LA and if anyone could convince these new guys, it was him.

He managed to set me up a meeting today at 2 o'clock at the back of a run down movie theater. Dan and Chloe set me up with the necessary things I would need. Like cash, so I could at least buy whatever they were selling for the investigation, a gun, in case I got into trouble, and an earpiece. I had recommended against it strongly, saying it was too noticeable and I would be caught, but they insisted that there was no way I was doing this with an earpiece in.

The theater was easy to navigate around, and I walked through the alley way between it and an old shoe store that closed down ages ago. at the end of the alley, near a dumpster, was a guy in black hoodie with a leather jacket on top. He had fingerless gloves on which was great for fingerprints. He looked at me crossed his arms with a smile.

"So you want to see the boss?"

***

Lucifer's POV

From the earpiece connected to Lauren, we could hear the entire conversation. Chloe, Dan and I were in a surveillance van two blocks away from the meeting sight. Despite knowing how capable Lauren was, I couldn't stop worrying that something was going to go wrong.

"What if-"

"For the last time Lucifer, she will be fine." That was the fourth time Chloe had needed to reassure me. But What if she was only going through with it because it meant saving her own daughter. She was putting my daughter in danger to save her own. Dan put a hand on my shoulder behind me.

"I'm worried about her too. But Lauren is smart. If anyone can do this, she can." We heard quiet speaking through Lauren's monitor and Chloe turned the sound up to hear.

"So you want to see the boss?"

"That's why I'm here. I have a meeting."

"Yeah I know. Does he know you're a kid?"

"Does it matter? I get the job done don't I" Silence.

"Alright. But I'll need to search you before we go inside though." Damn it.

"Alright. Hang on." The line went dead and we were met with static.

"What happened?" No answer. "Where the hell is she!"

"Lucifer I'm sure she's fine. She probably needed to take out the earpiece so she didn't get caught. She's on her own." Hell no. I wasn't leaving her with these psycho's by herself. I tried to leave but Dan put an arm across the door, preventing me from exiting the van. Fine.I'd play nice. But the moment I thought something was wrong, neither of these mortals would stand in my way.

***

Lauren's POV

I crunched the earpiece underneath my foot. At the guards questioning look, I elaborated.

"It's a device I use to listen into discreet conversations. Helps me know who's lookin' for drugs. But I can get another one, and I know how tight your security is." He gave me a wary glance but accepted my excuse. Sorry Dad. I would need to take this one alone. The guy pats me down and ensures that I have nothing interesting, but he smirks at the bundle of cash I have in my pocket. He tried to confiscate my gun but I stopped him.

"Hey. If something goes down, I ain't dying. Besides I know one simple hand gun is no match for the masses of weapons all the other security members hold behind those doors."

"What if you use it against the boss?" Valid argument.

"Look. I want this job. Do you know how hard it is for a sixteen year old to make money? And this is about the only thing I'm good at. This job is he best one available. I'm not about to kill the boss of this place. I would probably fail anyway, if your guys reputation is anything to go by." I give him a questioning look.

"It is."

"Alright then. So is there an issue?" He glares at me pointedly but lets me keep the gun. He gestures towards the doors and I open them before walking inside.

The room is poorly lit and it takes a while for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. When they do, I immediately scope out any threats. The boss guy is in the center of the room with a guard on either side, both holding machine guns. His face was shaded under a hat so I couldn't see what he looked like. I count ten more guards scattered around the rooms, and five more guarding a few dozen boxes off to the side.

"Lilly, is it?"

"Just Lil."

"How nice to finally meet you, Lil. Marcus talks very highly of you. I have looking forward to this meting." Yeah that makes one of us. "Tell me, what can you offer me in services." Here we go. No going back now.

"I'm reliable. And loyal. Not afraid to get hurt for someone important, as long as I get my troubles worth. I've also spent years convincing the police department that i'm just a lonely orphan girl who gets up to mischief and nothing else, so if i'm caught, they won't suspect a thing from me. But then again, I never get caught unless I mean to be." I couldn't see his face so it was difficult to know what he was thinking. "I have a lot of experience in this field and I am the main reason Marcus has been so successful. I may be young, but that only helps disguise what I can do."

He leaned back in his chair, hand rubbing his chin in thought.

"You give a very good case Miss Lil." He says barely loud enough for me to hear. His fingers press the wooden table and he leans forward. "How about we make an arrangement." Success.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 2.2K 51
After their first night ever together, that night remains as the "magical" night in Deckerstar's history. Join Lucifer and Chloe on a journey full of...
13K 478 37
Spoilers for "Lucifer" season 5a (Lucifer tv show fan fiction. Obviously, I don't own the rights to any of the characters, I'm simply just borrowing...
2.6K 19 42
Recent report: Full name: Lucifer Alice Laurens Age: 18 DOB: 9-31-19XX Sex: Male Personal-information: Family: Mother- Denise Halperin (deceased) l...
41.2K 1.5K 31
What if Chloe got the call regarding Charlotte's death a little later. Chloe and Lucifer's moment turns to something more, which leads to Chloe disco...