Secret Desire (Nyssara FanFic)

By canary_heir

A Nyssara FanFic (Arrow) Sara Lance is the sweet yet rebellious daughter of a police detective. Though co-c... More

Notes
The Archer
Partners
Max
Study Buddies
Dreams
Beauty Beyond Clear Blue Skies
Do It for You
Taking the Leap
No Holding Back
Pour My Heart Out
Hurt, Loved, Confused
Can't Stay Away
Lost to Her
Here With Me
Fallen for an Angel
Conflicted
Take Me or Leave Me
The Last Letter
The Choice
Without Her
Continue Living
The Way We Were
Trying
Your Turn to Leave
Drifting
Find You
Her Love Is Incredible
Promise of a New Beginning
A Part of You
Death is a Welcomed Thought
Always
Ta-er al-Sahfer
Finding a Place
Home
Dimming Hope
The Protector
Acceptance
Grievances
Retribution
When Tomorrow Comes
Heroes
That Life isn't You
Wasn't Mine to Keep
Author's Note
Where Everything Changed
To No End
No Escaping You (Preview)

Dear...YOU

3.4K 98 22
By canary_heir

Before the end of that day, Sara went back to her locker to check for the note, because she still hasn't gotten one. And also to leave her note for the person to find.

Dear...YOU,

I don't know who you are. But I do hope I will know you one day. Even so, thank you for all the notes and letters. You have indeed made me smile with them. I always look forward to finding them everyday. Your words always end up making my day a lot better. Thank you! Til next time.

~Sara

Sadly, Sara didn't find a note for her, so she just left hers there and went home. She was a bit disappointed. She was looking forward to it. Different possibilities of why there wasn't a note for her ran through her mind. Maybe he was busy. Maybe he forgot. And the last thought she had, and hoped wouldn't be the case was that maybe he was no longer interested. But those words couldn't have come from someone who would easily lose interest. 'I really hope not.'

--------------------

Nyssa was out practicing archery by herself. Alec had already gone home and had some other things to tend to.

Nyssa saw Sara walking out of the building looking a bit blue. She wanted to go to her and ask if she was alright, but decided agaisnt it and just continued with her practice.

She took an arrow from her quiver, loaded it to her bow, closed her eyes, took a couple of deep breaths as she lifted and aimed. She focused more on her other senses as her eyes were closed, feeling the whispering movements of the wind. She heard a low heavy breathing a few feet away from her, closing in, she turned around, bow and arrow ready and aimed at the person creeping in on her.

"Woah! Chill!"

It was the footballer that threw the ball at Sara. Nyssa kept her aim steady and gave him a searing glare.

"Okay. I'm not here to mess with you or anything. You could put the bow down."

But Nyssa didn't move or say a word.

"Or not." The guy took a deep breath and shook his hands, clearly nervous. "I'm...Nate. I'm the guy who threw the ball at Sara. You popped my ball with an arrow."

"I recognize who you are. What is it that you want?" Nyssa said still not putting her bow down.

"I... God, I'm probably one of the most arrogant people here in school, but I'm making a fool of myself in front of you. Well, I'm here to apologize."

That finally made Nyssa put her weapon down. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

"Yes, I know. And I will apologize to Sara. But that's not all I came here to talk to you about."

Nyssa lifted a brow at him questioningly, waiting for him to continue.

"I..." He swallowed hard. "I was wondering if you'd go out with me. I know it's crazy. I actually do think I'm going crazy. But what the hell. I've never been so impressed like that by a girl before. The way you carry yourself. So sure. So...badass."

Nyssa just looked at him as if he's talking in a language that cannot be comprehended. But she responded and said, "I don't go out on dates."

He stood there a bit slack jawed staring at her. Clearly, he didn't know what to say to that. But, Nate was determined.

"Let me court you. No. Wait. That still gives you a choice. I will court you. I will make you change your mind. I will apologize to Sara as many times as I have to. I will change and try not to be a big jerk all the time. I will court you, Nyssa. I won't give you a choice on that. You can't stop me." He said and smiled triumphantly, pleased with himself, before he walked away.

A bit frustrated with the encounter, Nyssa shifted and let loose the arrow at the target and said, "Don't expect anything, Nathaniel."

Nate smiled thinking that at least he has a chance to prove himself.

-----------------

Sara arrived the next morning and found her own note gone and replaced by another.

Dear Sara Lance,

Forgive me. You must be disappointed in me that I wasn't able to give a letter yesterday. I know I have been consistent until then. You might think that I have forgotten. But no. I would never forget you.

To be honest, I just didn't know what else to say to you. I don't even know what you must think of me, of the letters I've been leaving. But I won't stop. I won't lose hope, because the moment I do, it's the moment I know that I would have completely lost you. And that is something I'm not prepared to do. Not even without ever having you.

Sara was at a loss for words. She could hear her heart thumping hard against her chest for each heartfelt word. The guy had so much as vowed himself to her. And she couldn't explain how he's making her feel.

When Max arrived, Sara told her about the letter she wrote and showed her the one she got. Like Sara, Max didn't what to say to what she had just read. She just stared at it wide-eyed and open mouthed. The emotion resonating from each statement were undeniable full of love.

"Wow! I...it's...wow. Can't we change places? I want this guy for myself. Even if I don't know who he is. I want him." Max said with a longing tone.

"Even if he's a psychopathic stalking serial killer?" Sara mocked her.

"Yeah. Why not? A guy with words so sweet that could make my knees weak. I don't care if he's your dad, I'll take him."

That comment made Sara wince a little but the two girls both laughed. The guy was indeed dreamy with his words, and Sara really wants to meet him now more than ever. But what if he's not like the way he is in his letter in person. That thought made Sara anxious.

Throughout her morning classes, she had been thinking about that letter and what to write in reply. Even until her lunch break, that's all she and Max could talk about. They sat at their usual spot under the big tree near the field.

"I still can't think of anything to reply to this." Sara said as she continued to stare at the words of her most recent letter.

"You can just profess your love as well." Max sat beside Sara, her long legs crossed, while she picked on her lunch.

"I'm not in love!" Sara said defensively.

"But admit it. It's not difficult not to fall in love with those words."

"Yeah, but like you said. They're words, just words. What if that's all there is...words." She felt a bit gloomy just by saying that out loud.

"When did you become the pessimist here? For all we know, he could be the kind of guy who would sweep you off your feet." Max thought dreamily.

"I just really want to know who he is!" The anxiousness and frustration in Sara's voice was evident.

"Then ask him! Ask him in your next reply."

As the girls were talking, a tall shadow loomed over them and said, "Hi Sara. Can we talk?"

The moment Max saw who it was, her eyes turned into a deadly glare, her jaws clenched tight. "What do you want, Nate?"

Sara noticed that Nate's stance was a bit different. It was less arrogant somehow. And he seemed a bit uncomfortable.

"Look, Max. I didn't come here for trouble. I came to apologize."

Max raised an eyebrow at him. "Why the sudden change of heart? Someone finally kicked your ass hard enough that got your head out of it?"

Sara tried to hush Max, but she knew she couldn't. Max has always been like this when she's defending her. She would only stop when the other person walks away or finally said something good.

"Yeah. Something like that." Nate shifted a little thinking of how Nyssa kind of kicked his heart upsidedown. "Anyway, I really came here to apologize. I'd do anything to make it up to you. I'd tell the boys to stop bugging you."

"What if they don't listen? And why would they? You're not really top dog here, Nate." Max did all the talking, while Sara just sat there in silence.

"I...I'll..." Nate saw Nyssa walking by and found new resolution to hold on to. "I'll make them stop. I'll do what I have to. I'll make them."

"You're willing to risk your social status for that? Just for Sara to forgive you?"

Sara caught the quick glance Nate gave to Nyssa, and was a bit puzzled as to what was going on.

"Yes. If that's what it takes." Nate declared feeling determined.

Nyssa walked up to them, Alec just a few steps behind. "Is there a problem here?" Nyssa addressed the three after seeing the annoyed look on Max's face and the confused one on Sara's.

"No, there isn't. I was just apologizing." Nate stood his ground, half wanting to leave, and half wanting to stay because of the girl standing beside her.

"I think you should just go now, Nathaniel." With Nyssa's suggestion, he left.

Sara eyed Nyssa carefully trying to figure out if there's something going on between her and Nate.

Nyssa pretended not to notice Sara's careful gaze and bid farewell before she left. She didn't want to have to explain that to Sara. Even to anyone. She didn't even know why she interfered in the first place, since Max seemed to have a handle on it, but Nate kept glancing at her, and Sara was looking at them curiously. She just wanted to stop the encounter.

-----------------

Sara pushed back the thought of Nyssa and Nate together. It's not that it concerns her or anything. It doesn't even really bother her. She's just surprised and curious by it, because it's really strange. The last time she saw the two together, they were about ready to kill each other on the field, but now, Nate was giving meaningful glances to Nyssa. She doesn't really have anything against Nate, other than the fact that he deliberately threw the ball at her. He's actually fun to be around, and quite smart. It's just hard to see them as together.

Sara then diverted her attention to the letter she's trying to write. She didn't know how she'd fully express her thoughts and feelings, but with a pen in hand, she let it flow.

Dear...YOU

I don't know what to call you. At least give me a name to call you by. I can't just keep calling you, YOU. And I really want to meet you and get to know you. I hope you'll let me soon.

I don't know how to explain to you how your last letter made me feel. Telling me that you won't give up on me. It's a lot. It's wonderful. And it means so much. Thank you. I've never had anyone say things like that to me. Well, besides my parents. And that's a different case.

I really hope to meet you. I want to know the person who's been making me feel special. I want to know you.

~Sara

And with that, she folded the paper and tucked it in a notebook for safekeeping until she got back to her locker. And when her class ended, she went straight for her it. Max was there waiting for her.

"Are you ready for the chemistry test this Friday?" Max asked even before Sara got to open her locker.

"What test?"

"The test that Mr. James announced yesterday. One of the few we need to pass as to not repeat the class again next year. He said we can only fail one test this term, and we already did the last time."

"Oh!! God! I'm doomed." Sara felt a little deflated and finally opened her locker door.

"I'm studying with Ben and he's going to let me borrow his notes. We could study together." Max suggested.

"I don't know, Max. You. Me. Together. Chemistry? I don't think we'll get anywhere." Sara gave her a doubtful look.

"Yeah. We'll get frustrated, bored, and end up not studying."

Sara agreed and they both gave out a short laugh. When they were finally paying attention to the contents of Sara's locker, they saw the note and Sara almost forgot to leave hers. She took it out and placed it in before she closed her locker. She held the one for her and opened it carefully with Max beside her waiting in anticipation.

Dear Sara Lance,

Thank you for the note you left for me. I was surprised when I found it. A good surprise. I'm glad to know that my simple notes and letters have that kind of effect on you. Seeing your smile always brightens my day. And knowing that I may be the reason behind it would make my days even brighter.

I also do hope to meet you in person someday. Maybe when I finally found the courage to let you know who I am and how I really feel. I'm afraid that you'd be disappointed in who I really am. Maybe when I finally have enough confidence in myself to face you and not make a fool of myself. So until then, this is all I could offer you. Words written on a piece of paper with the hopes of moving you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 941 30
Now that the Time Masters are destroyed, it's up to Kate Rory and the Legends to guard the timeline. But new villains arrive, new friendships are mad...
75.8K 1.9K 20
This is the story of Kate Rory, sister of Mick Rory. She's not that interesting, right? Just a crook, like her brother and their friend Leonard Snar...
1.6K 60 12
Sara's father sold her at the age of eight for a lot of money. She was valuable and no one knew why, only her father did. The man who had bought her...