Incandescent | H.S

By temptress_

๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘ฅ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž ๐‘ž๐‘ข๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ . ๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘‘... More

Authors Note
Part One: Cherry Lips & Cocktails
Part Two: Watercolour Streams & Wayward Thoughts
Part Three: Velvet Couches & Veering Words
Part Five: Martinis & Mistakes
Part Six: Potions & Poisonous Pitfalls
Part Seven: Raging Hangovers & Reticent Habits
Part Eight: Concealed Schemes & Cloudy Suspicions
Part Nine: Drowning Heroine & Delivering Hits
Part Ten: Sunflowers and Sunday Strolls
Part Eleven: Public Intrusions & Pub Interactions
Part Twelve: Manicures, Munchies & Magnetic Movements
Part Thirteen: Pinstripe Suits & Preshow Surprises
Part Fourteen: Film Noir and Filthy Notions
Part Fifteen: Burgundy Lingerie & Budding Love
Part Sixteen: Lustful Saltations & Lip Gloss Smudges
Part Seventeen: Affirmations & Ardent Actions
Part Eighteen: Painted Ceilings & Plush Cuisine
Part Nineteen: His Angel & Heavenly Affections
Part Twenty: Sightseeing, Sorbet & Suspension
Part Twenty-One: Crushed Credence & Cotton Candy Clouds
Part Twenty-Two: Hotel Rooms & Holographic Realizations
Part Twenty-Three: Covetous Behaviour & Cherry Bomb
Part Twenty-Four: Cardinal Headways & Custom Heavens
Part Twenty-Five: Golden Gifts & Gratitude
Part Twenty-Six: Surreptitious Games & Sweet Galaxies
Part Twenty-Seven: Daydreams & Dahlias
Part Twenty-Eight: Distressing Situations & Deceiving Snakes
Part Twenty-Nine: Violet Reminders & Voicemail Restorations
Part Thirty: Raw Confessions & Reciprocated Captivations
Part Thirty-One: Redemption & Revenge
Part Thirty-Two: Rose Rings & Red Wrists
Part Thirty-Three: Spite, Snappers & Spare Keys
Part Thirty-Four: Engagements & Exasperating Encounters
Part Thirty-Five: Healing, Hometowns & Hushing
Part Thirty-Six: Salacious Savouring & Sleepy Confessions
Part Thirty-Seven: Montmartre Meandering & Magic Moments
Part Thirty-Eight: Honey & Havens
Part Thirty-Nine: Domestic Daydreams & Dominant Desires
Part Forty: Vodka Sunbathing & Vibrant Sunsets
Part Forty-One: Detached Solitary & Dispensed Support
Part Forty-Two: Fixing Methods & Flirtatious Manifestations
Part Forty-Three: Canvases & Chaotic Clouds
Part Forty-Four: Breaks, Brilliance & Betrayal
Part Forty-Five: Endless Circles & Eroding Connections
Part Forty-Six: Absentminded Oaths & Afterthoughts
Part Forty-Seven: Setting Suns & Swallowed Stars
Part Forty-Eight: Harrowing Memories & Heartbreaks
Part Forty-Nine: Lost Leather & Love Letters
Part Fifty: Flowers & Forever
Authors Note: Thank You

Part Four: Silk Sheets & Sunday Kinds Of Love

9K 314 202
By temptress_

Harry's expression softened completely at your query, you were nervous and felt extremely vulnerable and his eyes were melting any disposition you felt. You really didn't want to sleep alone tonight.

You'd already imagined what his large frame would feel like wrapped around you, encasing you in his reassurance and his solace. His long legs tangled with yours and the movement of his chest against your back as he breathed deeply in his sleep. His warm vanilla scent cloaking you and lulling you into a daze and pulling you into a sleep in which you dreamed of him. You wanted to experience what anyone would be so lucky to experience, his trust in you and his comfort in being around you as your dreams entwined.

He lightly cleared his throat to hide his surprise and utter joy at your question. "Of course."

Harry watched as you quietly thanked him before moving to the vast space of his bed, the sheets messy and inviting, like a sea made of silk that you couldn't wait to dive into. You both slid into the waves, aware of how close the other one was and how large the gap was between you but more so wondering who was going to be the first to initiate its closure. You sat timidly, questioning why you were so wary but he sent you a soft expression before getting settled in next to you on his back. You found yourself mirroring his position, unsure of how to progress. You know where you wanted to be but didn't know how to get there and as you both were silent, internally twiddling your thumbs and looking for an indication from the other because neither of you knew how to proceed.

"I think..." His voice was but a whisper. You turned to look at him expectantly.

His gaze was burning holes into the ceiling. "I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in how I feel about someone I don't think about how getting involved with them can really fuck with their lives."

You inched closer to him, "How do you mean?"

"I mean as soon as the world finds out I'm seeing someone, it's over. My world... it poisons them. They get harassed, sent horrible things on the internet and it just... destroys them."

"It's horrible." You empathized with him and his obvious suffering. You weren't sure how to tread but he didn't seem to be looking for any sort of particular input. Almost leaking the words into the air just because you were there to listen.

"I just feel so fucking lonely and unlovable sometimes I can't stand it."

"Hey," You turned his head to face you. "You're not unlovable, you are one of the most genuine and giving people I've ever met. You just need someone who has a little patience and some tough skin. You are worth it, trust me."

He pulled you into him and cocooned you in his hold, squeezing you tightly with a low moan. He felt calm, his breathing slowing and you felt at peace with him seeming to relax. You didn't, however, pull away. He put you right where he wanted you and that's where you desired to be. You rested your head on the soft plane of his chest and he kissed the top of your head and you decided that right there in his embrace was the best place on Earth that you'd ever experienced. He smelt heavenly and felt magical against your body with your legs braided together. He let out a content sigh and his thumb rubbed soothing circles against your lower back while your fingers traced his butterfly tattoo, the touches lulling you both into a deep sleep.

When you woke in the morning, you were alone. For a second you thought you'd imagined the whole thing but then felt the richness of the silk sheets against your body instilled your right frame of mind and you sat up slowly, taking in your surroundings. You strained to hear any sounds that would indicate where Harry was but you heard silence.

You made your way downstairs and heard Etta James singing A Sunday Kind Of Love ghosting from the kitchen and the sound of an opening utensil draw. You could hear his dreamy voice as he sang along to the dreamy lyrics.

"Good morning, little one." Harry smiled in greeting when you entered. He was busying himself with making pancakes on the stovetop and gestured to a cup of steaming coffee on the island counter. He donned a cozy white jumper with a blue stripe running through it, his curls swept deliciously off his forehead.

"A good morning indeed," you slid into a stool at the counter and took a sip of the beverage. "Mmm." You hummed in appreciation.

He raised a brow at you with a soft smile. "Pancakes okay?"

"Perfect, thank you." You watched him flip a pancake onto a cooked pile and dishing a plate to you.

You both ate in silence, aware of the task you both had ahead of you but grateful to be in each other presence, especially after last night.

Harry forgot how nice it was to share a bed with someone you're not fucking. He woke up so many times and was reminded of your presence and every time he pulled you close and clutched your body to his, he buried his nose in your hair and almost got drunk off the scent of your fruity shampoo.

He'd try to hide the fact that he imagined some pretty dirty things while you were sleeping, like waking you up slowly with kisses down your body and tasting your cunt on his tongue. Slipping his cock in your warmth and fucking you from behind while you mewled at him. Tying his silk sheets around your wrists and throwing your legs over his shoulders while he pounded into you. Hard.

He was glad he woke before you because he was unbearably turned on and almost leapt from the bed before he did something stupid like woke you up and begged you to fuck him.

He begrudgingly let you clean up after your meal and sat waiting for the next move. He suggested you both sit out in the garden with fresh cups of coffee. You sat on the chaise next to each other, you had your legs crossed and he hoped that was the only way you'd be closed off after this conversation.

"I just want to apologize again for last night." He began, still feeling guilty even though you'd reassured him plenty of times last night that you didn't hold it against him.

"Harry, it's honestly fine. We were drunk. To be fair, we flirt with each other all the time so I can see why you were comfortable saying it, but I think that's why we need to instill some boundaries."

He nodded, fully ready to respect everything you had to say. Any way he could get you would have to suffice.

"I just got out of a relationship a few months ago. And I'm not still hung up on him or anything, but um... it was kind of messy and I'm still trying to figure out exactly who I am. He disrupted that. He was ready to settle down, get married, have kids, all that stuff. And I couldn't think of anything worse. I don't know if it's because he wasn't right for me or if I'm just not meant for that yet or both.

So I vowed to throw myself into my work, my friends, my family. And myself. To really pin down who I am. And I don't know if I'm just assuming what you want from me but... I don't think I can give you any more than my friendship. At least not right now. It's not because I don't like you, it's not because I don't find you attractive. It's because now, I'm functioning better as a single woman and I'm focusing on myself and my own future. And I like us, I enjoy spending time with you, joking around with you, and I just don't want that to get ruined by miscommunications."

He sat and pondered your words for a while, knotting his fingers together in his lap as he squinted his sight to the large expanse of the garden. "I mean, first off, I really admire that you're prioritizing yourself. You're already so in tune with yourself I can't wait to see how you grow even more." He grabbed your hand, his thumb rubbing small circles against the back of it. You noted he did this a lot in these kinds of moments, touching you when his emotions needed the balance.

"And I one hundred percent agree. I adore what we have and I don't want it to be tainted with confusion or my drunk ass tryna kiss you again. I love having you in my life, feels like I've known you for ages but it's only been a few months which is nuts, ya know? I'll admit when I first saw you and even now I was determined to have you but now that I've gotten to know you, I'm grateful for you in any way I can get you."

"Knew you'd get it." You said and he smiled before clicking his tongue.

"We're on the same shit, baby."

"Damn right."

While his heart was sunken to his stomach, his body started to overflood with acceptance for you and this new established partnership which carried his heart right back up to his chest and it began to thump normally and his thoughts were awash with the memory of holding you last night and how right it felt and how so fucking right you felt in general. You adored him and he cared for you, more than anyone he'd ever cared for before. There was a new beginning between the two of you. It was a solidified love between two souls, not ending what you'd started but clearing any expectations to make way for more memories and he only hoped he could keep up with your growth and grow a little himself.

You were right. He wasn't unlovable. The fact that you were here, and not asking for anything aside from his presence proved that.

-----

Thank you for reading! Made this chapter a lil shorter, I hope that's okay! I could just write about these two all day.

I hope you're all staying safe x

I don't want to be a tease but the next chapter is going to be a good one...

Don't forget to vote and comment

KISSES XXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.8K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...
985K 39K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
649K 32.5K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
111K 4.5K 31
*Includes Mature Content* Harry Styles: the founder and CEO of one of the fastest-growing American record labels and recording companies in the world...