Part Thirty-Seven: Montmartre Meandering & Magic Moments

The cobbled streets of Montmartre tested your ability to balance on such uneven paths after all the glasses of wine you'd consumed.

The Sacré-Cœur sat brilliant and stark in the distance as you and Harry made your way towards it. You had found a cute little restaurant to have a delicious dinner, Harry didn't spare any expense on the bottle of wine or the French cuisine.

With full bellies and light buzzes, the two of you explored the old streets, aiming to make it to the famous Basilica. The view from it never disappointed, offering the sights of Paris that you both knew wasn't something anyone would dare miss out on.

Harry held your hand and swung it between you as you walked side by side. He sang quietly to fill the void of the surprisingly quiet side street while your cheeks were hurting from smiling so much.

Harry had spent the day recording following an early interview. You'd used the time to wander around Paris solo, falling in love with the city but hating that he couldn't be with you to experience it with him. You knew this was a work trip for him, but in such a romantic setting, you couldn't help but wish he was with you to experience it.

So, he'd taken you out for dinner to make up for it. He was a little ball of sweet words and giggles, giving you a piggyback up the street after you almost rolled your ankle. He called you a drunk cherry and you promised you were only a little bit tipsy.

That of course, wasn't true. The two of you were drunk and giggly from glasses of wine and hyper from the chocolate dessert. He put you down after you begged him to, running hand in hand through the streets of Montmartre as if you were the only two around. You practically were, taking a side street that was quiet and dimly lit. Harry jumped off the curb dramatically, feeling silly and free as he ran around you in drunk little circles.

"Shit-" He cursed as he slipped and fell on his ass.

You let out a loud cackle at him. He sprawled out on the ground with his tongue flopped out of his mouth as he played dead.

"You're a mess, Styles!"

"Oh, nice one," He glared at you. "Your boyfriend drops dead and you mock the poor lad."

"You're such a drama queen." You rolled your eyes, still trying to reel in your giggles. "Need a hand?"

"Yeah, I'd appreciate it." He scoffed, milking his injury as he stayed on the ground.

You held out your hand to him and he grabbed it. Instead of you hauling him up, you ended up being pulled down on top of him with a yell.

"Harry!"

"Suck it, angel. Oldest trick in the book." He gave you a dimpled smile and wrapped his arms around you. He started kissing your cheeks, peppering them generously with sloppy pecks.

"I hate you." You smacked his shoulder and his grin grew wider.

"No, you don't." He smiled drunkenly and started rolling his hips up to yours. "You love me so much."

"Are you daft? We're literally in the middle of a street."

A window from an apartment above opened and a head popped out to see what the commotion out on the street below was. Your cheeks heated because you knew how questionable the position you were both in looked but Harry was unbothered. In fact, he craned his head back at them and waved.

"Bonjour!"

"Shh!" The person hissed in annoyance and Harry grimaced.

"Pardon!" He excused, pointing at you, and rolled his eyes. "She's an insatiable little thing, can't keep her hands off me."