The Whisperer of The Huge ||...

Por KxxkieTea

(Assault Lily: Bouquet! Female Harem! x Female Reader!) -Edit is mine, but the pictures I used don't belong t... Mais

INFO
PROLOGUE
1: Girl of Destiny
2: Friendly Bouquet
3: Light the Darkness
4: Legion
5: Effervescent Youth
6: Neunwelt
7: A New Friend
8: Bonding
9.5: The Frontiers of Healing
10: The Beginning Temptation of Other Bouquets
11: The Pursuit of a Sharp Flower
12: All is (Un)Fair if Love & War
13: Purely of Sweet with a Hint of Sour
14: Flower War I
15: Floral Drive
16: Flower War II

9: Your Existence Matters

1.8K 73 65
Por KxxkieTea

"Riri... why on earth are we on the roof when we could be inside, and all of us can enjoy the pleasantries of having air conditioning?! You can trim Yuri's bangs inside, can't you?" You fanned yourself with your hand as your face is slightly slicked with sweat.

The motion alone isn't enough to cool you down, only gusts of muggy air hit your way as you continue to aerate yourself with your own forelimb.

Not only does the heat makes things worse, but the fact that it was still a dreadful morning tells you that today is going to be a very  long day. In conclusion, it just so happens to be one of those nights where sleep passes in a blink of an eye.

Your mind is plagued with vague fuzzy thoughts as Riri stutters anxiously. Her hands are uncontrollably shaking while holding a pair of scissors and slowly leveling the tool with Yuri's bangs.

"B-But Yuri-chan's bangs are getting too long! They need to be t-trimmed, and the e-earlier we do this the b-better! Although... I-I don't know if I can do this– EEP!!" The pink-haired Lily pulled her hands back after making a cut... a cut at air and not her hair. 

On the other hand, Yuri appeared to look untroubled and somewhat happy to be here. She watches Riri with unblinking eyes, stating calmly, "Calm down, Riri."

"B-But it's your bangs!"

Yuri smiles without a care in the world. "Just do it quickly so we can do morning training." She giggles as Riri begins to snip her bangs. Slowly and carefully. "That tickles..."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, your starved stomach protests loudly. The two Lilies in front of you reacted by sharing a look before giggling at your flushed face. "Did you skip breakfast again, [Y/N]-sama?"

"I– I didn't, but I guess that protein bar didn't do its job in keeping me sated... You, Yuri, and the rest of the squad should know how I am when it comes to food." Your response is followed by bursts of laughter from the duo.

"I'm pretty sure the cafeteria is closed until lunchtime, but the cafe is still open. We can stop by there for a bit." Riri suggested with a cheery smile, the tremor in her hands seemed to be dissolving, though you spoke too soon on that...

"Argh... W-Why is cutting hair so difficult?!" The leader of Team Hitotsuyanagi cries in agony as she struggles to trim off a piece of Yuri's lavender hair.'

"As they say, Just Do It!"

"You're not helping, [Y/N]-sama!!"

"I told you to stop calling me that, didn't I...? You're making me feel old when I'm practically around your age, Riri..."

As you and the pink-haired squad leader argue back and forth with one another, Yuri observes silently. She couldn't keep back the smile at the sight the two of you made, and her mood never faltered as Riri kept on stalling with her haircut while you began to hype her up.

"Riri, it's not that hard! You just snip it and be done with it! You can do this! I totally have faith in you!"

"[Y/N]-sama, you make it sound so easy, but it's the exact opposite of that word when you're in my position! And this is Yuri-chan's hair we're talking about!! Do you not care about her hair at all?!"

This was none other than a round of friendly chatter between you and Riri, although it was mostly about cutting Yuri's hair. Nonetheless, the argument isn't meant to be taken seriously and is rather pleasing to the eyes and ears, especially to the synthetic Lily.

She could never take the two of you or anyone earnestly. The girl is naive and childlike, yet that doesn't stop her from doing anything. And, when it comes to her friends, the young lass would do anything for them. Beyond everything, they were her family and her home. Something she had dreamed about ever since her stay in Yurigaoka—it was her ideal world.

If she could have them by her side.

If she could have them look and smile at her.

Then the modified Lily would die happy, knowing that her family  loved and cared for her.

'For the rest of my life, if possible, I want to be able to stay with [Y/N], Riri, and everyone else... I want to grow alongside them; I want to see them be happy; I want to live and experience life with them; I want all of this to last...'

Every passing moment with them will always  be a part of her. No matter the outcome of her faith, she will continue to smile in the midst of radiant sunlight—in the lone world that forges a bitter truth and harsh reality.

"The international Huge research agency, G.E.H.E.N.A., and the France-based CHARM manufacturer, Grand Guignol, created stem cells from the tissues of a captive Huge. It's said that the DNA of all life that has ever arisen on earth is preserved in layers in Huge DNA."

With sunlight filtering through the high-gloss windows and entering the darkened office, it glares at the acting chairman and the student council with such intensity that they just hear the crack of dawn and the accusations it comes with.

However, the situation that the entire school is in calls for this meeting. It's either they choose the government and the agencies or their own student's well-being. But... it doesn't look like they have much of a choice, do they?

"To create a synthetic Lily, they attempted to manifest the human genes in Huge DNA. So, what we have in our care is their so-called test subject."  The elderly, silver-haired man raises the folder on his desk to display a photo of Yuri along with a few papers and documents. "If she is not a Lily, the academy has no basis or reason to shelter her."

"Meaning that we don't have a choice or say in this." Uchida muttered under her breath before falling back into silence.

As the second-year members kept quiet, utterly conflicted on the matter, Shinobu fixed her gaze upon the older man. She was clearly tense with apprehension. And the least she can do to uphold herself is dig her nails deep into the palm of her hand. Perhaps the slight pain could take her mind off of this uneasy feeling, but it was a futile attempt.

"Everything about this is just... absolutely ridiculous."

There is a slight tremble after the cutting instrument falls to the ground. The sound wavered briefly in the air before slowly fading out to the natural tune of the wind. The tension is quite a contrast to the cheerfulness from earlier. It's distinct and roamed free within the hearts of every Lily standing atop the roof—it's rather unpleasant, to say the least.

Although Riri tries her best to keep her composure, she focuses on the student council with wide bulging eyes. The tremor is definitely there. Different from before. She only became like this shortly after the student council members arrived and immediately dived straight into business, disclosing the orders of the government to the pink-eyed female.

"It can't be... It's a lie! A mistake! That just can't be true..." Riri lashes out, her voice vibrating with terror.

Yuri moved her head to the side, peeking over Riri's shoulder to take in her worried expression. You were leaning against the wall with your arms crossed, watching and listening to everything that the upperclassmen had to say.

"Step aside, Riri." The oldest member of the trio demanded, her strict gaze hadn't faltered.

"What are you going to do to Yuri-chan?!"

"I don't need to answer that."

"Oh, but I think you owe us an explanation of what you'll be doing to our friend, Shinobu-san." You now stood in the center of the attention, standing between the student council and Riri. Your friendly face is replaced with a solemn expression. It was a clear testament to how early and absurd the hour is.

"Yuri is a member of the Hitotsuyanagi Squad, so everyone in that legion –in general, all of her friends– has the right to know what will happen to their fellow friend. You can't just suddenly come here and take her away from us—not without a goddamn reason!" The words came out a bit harsh, but that didn't matter as of now. Yuri is far more important than the lack of respect you were showing.

You didn't need to turn to see the look on the lavender-haired Lily's face. "[Y/N]'s angry..." Her voice comes out as a whisper, almost inaudible to highlight her quietude.

And gladly you weren't the only one to showcase such dissatisfaction and venom towards the unified trinity.

"I'd like to ask the same question as well. Yuri is a member of our legion; therefore, we have a right to know." Yuyu appears behind them, her tranquil gaze is gone and it's none other than a stern face as substitution. But you really couldn't tell the difference...

Shinobu keeps a straight face, releasing a sigh before turning her head to face the proficient fighter. "Unfortunately, documents released by G.E.H.E.N.A. and Grand Guignol confirm that Yuri—I mean, that individual is a Huge."

Yuyu repeats, "A Huge?" Though her face lacks expression, shock is evident in her voice.

'So, [F/N] wasn't kidding... I had a hint that she was that, but then again... a Huge couldn't possibly mimic human emotions. Right....?' 

Mayuri then speaks up after the third-year Lily, "Shortly before her discovery, a G.E.H.E.N.A. research vessel made unusual contact with a Huge nest. They must have tried to use the Magie emitted by the nest, but a Huge attack sank the ship; and the test subjects were lost without manifesting. Except for one."

"B-But I know you all understand! Yuri-chan is the same– The same as all of us!" Riri's voice stays level, but the rage in it is clear as crystal.

"Stand aside, Riri." Shinobu restates, with much more force this time.

"I'll ask again: what are you going to do to her?!"

Matsuri is the last to make a terse statement. "G.E.H.E.N.A. and Grand Guignol have requested her."

"And what will they do to her if they get her?"

"She won't be treated as a human." You and Yuyu answered in sync. You spared a glare at the student council members before replying with full venom, "How are you even allowing this? Matsuri. Shinobu. Mayuri. You're really wanting to put your friend's well-being in danger for the sake of a stupid organization and a corrupted government? Just... how fucking dare you. How dare you do that to an innocent human?! Her life is at stake here, yet you intend to just throw it all away—the memories, happiness, everything?!"

All expression flows away from their face as the words are out of your mouth. Each word seared through them, sharp with nothing but fury and verity. They've left their mark on them.

"Why? Why would they...?" A tear slips from the corner of Riri's eye and then down to her cheek.

"Riri..." Yuri shoots out her hand to hold one of Riri's and the other is yours. "[Y/N]..."

The two of you turn to her. Large tears brimmed in Riri's eyes, while you were tense and riled up with anger. But that all disintegrates when you see the look on Yuri's face. So kind and tender...

"What do you want to do, Yuri-chan?"

The pink-eyed Lily frowned, finding an interesting spot on the ground and focusing on that particular spot as memories rushed through her. "Yesterday, I had a lot of fun at the competition with you, [Y/N], Yuyu, and everyone. That's why... I want to stay with all of you."

Her response overflowed with confidence, assuring everyone of her decision to remain here. The optimistic answer earned a smile from you and Riri, and the latter tightened her grip on your hand. You could tell from the motion itself that if she were to ever let go of your hand, then all would forever be lost—it would be like admitting defeat. So, you reciprocate the gesture and hold onto her hand tight.

On the spur of the moment, you and Riri were pulled into an unfamiliar embrace. Surprisingly, the delicate scent of orange and lemon followed by notes of honey and malt came from one of the most prominent Lilies at Yurigaoka—Yuyu Shirai.

Her head rested between your shoulder and Riri's, her soft breath entered in your left ear as she whispered to you and her Schutz. "Run, you two. There's a deserted town to the west. Buy time for now, and I'll come for you there."

Neither of you said anything after the older female pulled away. Instead of words, you both readied yourself for what's to come next. Riri steps back and shields her friend protectively, though Yuri begins to question, "Riri, you and [Y/N] smell sad."

The squad leader struggles to put on a brave front, but just for Yuri she allows herself to smile. "Sorry. I won't cry anymore." Once the words were out, Riri clutched one of the buttons on her uniform and threw the stud onto the ground.

With a click, a wave of light washes over the council trinity, temporarily blinding them. Within a short time frame, Riri and Yuri ran across the rooftop to seize their weapons before heading off to the destination with you trailing behind them.

"Don't stop running, you two! They might be following us, so we need to hurry!" You yelled to the duo while hurdling over the trees, using the branches to boost yourself up in the air and gliding over the rest of them.

Inside your pocket, your phone buzzes expectedly, filling the day with even more tension. Even while running away from the academy, you fish out the small gadget and the screen shows 'Mi mejor amiga!🥰'.

With a sigh, you swipe your thumb across the screen, holding the phone up to your ear and yelling over the line, "YELLO?!"

"I'm guessing you're on the run to wherever, huh?"

"[F/N], you know that I'll do whatever it takes to protect Yuri. After all, she's my friend. And that's what friends do."

A chuckle comes from the other line.

"Actually, it's what lovers do."

"Stop messing around! What exactly did you call me for!? This better be important because right now I'm busy!!"

"Alright, alright. I just wanted to let you know that I'll be talking to the chairman about this in less than a minute! So, I'll text you the details after! Ciao~!"

"Huh?! [F/N], wait–!"

She immediately ends the call without waiting for your say. That jerk!

"That [F/N]... What is she planning on doing this time? It better not be some sort of betrayal." You were certain it wasn't that, and a smile found its way to your lips. Though it only lasted for a few seconds before reality settled back in.

Please... let this all die down and everyone is going to be just fine. 

That's what you kept telling yourself, but it really wasn't comforting. Especially when you know that you have absolutely no control over the waltz of fate.

"The academy should protect Yuri. I can't believe that Yuri is a dangerous entity." Yuyu tells the elderly man. The second-year has always been upfront about her opinions toward everyone, including the staff and the acting chairman himself.

Yet he doesn't seem to budge and stated, "It's a taboo for humans to view the Huge as partners to communicate with. One mistake, and Lilies, who also control Magie, could be seen as a threat. We must avoid that at all costs."

Takamatsu turns his head to the high-gloss window, staring through them with inscrutable eyes. "A defense unit force is currently approaching the academy. We must prevent a conflict between humans and Lilies."

The warmth in her eyes is long gone, and a recent memory of Yuri and her exact words replays in front of her.

"I... want to stay with all of you."

"The people who fear Lilies must all be afraid as well. If we wish to live freely, is that arrogant of us?"

"No, it isn't, Yuyu Shirai!"

The door suddenly bursts open, revealing the one and only...

"[F/N]-kun... what are you doing here? If you dare interfere, I won't be able to–" Takamatsu began, only to be hushed by the Science Division member.

"You do know that I don't care about that□, right? All I care about right now are my friends and if they're safe. So, I've come here to talk to you about some things. However..."

[F/N] rotates her head, fixing her eyes on the second-year. "...we need to talk in private, Miss Shirai. And before you ask any questions, I'm just going to convince this old man to talk to the government and have them revoke the order. That's all."

"That is enough, [F/N]!" Takamatsu stands from his seat, the ends of his chair scraping loudly against the decorative floor. "I won't tolerate this behavior any longer!"

"Yet you would tolerate and put your student's life on the line?! You're going to send her to her deathbed if that happens! She's going to die!  Do you not care at all?!"

"Of course I care for my fellow students! But if we were to fight against them, that would mean a war between all Lilies! This is–"

"There will be a war if you do not stick up for Yuri Hitotsuyanagi. I assure you every Lily here in Yurigaoka and at other Gardens would agree with me. Lilies are meant to fight the Huge and protect one another. Do you not see that they wish to live freely with their lives?! Already, they protect the entire country from the Huge, putting their lives at risk. And what do you do? Sit on your ass all day and give away one of your students to an organization that abuses their power?"

There were no words to be said by him or Yuyu. It's almost as if she took the words right out of their mouths.

"Oops... Maybe I may have taken this a bit too far, but it needs to be said. Now, run along, Miss Shirai! I got it from here!"

Sometimes, you forget that leaving [F/N] to handle serious matters such as this is a terrible□ idea...

"What do we do? What do we do?! Yuri-chan's a Huge, and escaped with Riri-san and [Y/N]-sama, and there's an arrest order for them both?!" Fumi screamed in panic, jumping out of her seat to face her team members.

"What should we do?" Yujia asked the journalist, her eyes are full of great solemnity.

"That's obvious! I mean, there's no way Yuri-chan could be a Huge! Riri-san and [Y/N]-sama are innocent and right!"

Shenlin begins to speak after Fumi's outburst. "But if they fled the academy, then they must have decided that they aren't safe here."

An awkward silence looms over the legion as they ponder about what they should be doing at this moment.

Although Tazusa isn't much of a talker, her next set of words were able to break the ice surrounding all of them. "I'm a Boosted Lily. G.E.H.E.N.A. messed around with my body."

"What exactly is a Boosted Lily?" Yujia asked, each of them turning to the red-eyed blonde.

Fumi answers the Icelandic Lily, "It's an attempt to artificially enhance a Lily's abilities."

With that, Tazusa continues to explain her view, "I finally made it out when Yurigaoka took me in. I hate G.E.H.E.N.A. We can't trust them."

Before any of them could respond, the wooden door opens to reveal their other member.

"We have orders. Arrest Riri, capture Yuri, and bring [Y/N] back. We'll pursue them." Yuyu bluntly tells them, closing the door after stepping across the threshold.

"To do what?" Shenlin questions, confirming whether or not to follow the orders given by the school or deny them.

"The Hitotsuyanagi Squad will find them first and protect them. That is my decision as vice commander. You're free to disobey if you object."

A frown creeps on Mai's lips as she redirects, "That's not what the academy's orders say."

"Those orders came from the government, not the academy. But we're Lilies. Isn't it natural for Lilies to protect each other?" There it is—a small smile forms on Yuyu's cheeks. It's a rare□ sight for everyone. Oh, if only Riri were here...

The Lily Otaku perked up with energy and enthusiasm. "I know you'd say that, Yuyu-sama!"

The others let out a little fits of giggles; however, Mai and Miriam don't seem to be in the mood still.

"By the way, where's Kaede?" The Vietnamese lass meets eye-to-eye with the German Lily. "You should know by now that her family is involved since they own Grand Guignol. It must be awkward for her to talk to them when all of this is going down."

"Please, Father, don't make me feel so miserable that I'll curse my own destiny. That I have Magie and became a Lily, or that I was born as your daughter." The Eurasian female says through the line before ending the call with her father.

She was finally able to get a hold of him after a whole restless night. The man never bothered with her calls, but he still cared for the latter since she is his daughter after all. Though the girl found it ridiculous of him to throw away the lives they've created from the Huge. They were still individuals, and none had asked to be born or thrown away...

He was never to be seen at home, only at his manufacturing company in France. But Kaede preferred it that way. They were two different people with different minds and souls. In spite of that though, they were still family.

Kaede scoffs as the word crosses her mind. With her back resting against the white wall, the maroon first-year stares up at the ceiling with the artificial lights glaring down at her. This was all too much for her to take in, yet she's managing on her own. And even confronted her father about the mishap. It isn't everyday that a child can talk back without being reprimanded or smacked across the face for trying to talk some sense into their parents or at least one of them.

Hopefully, the man gets the hint and ceases all relationships with the organization behind all of this. If this continues... who knows what would happen to the company itself.

"You good, Miss Nouvel?" [F/N]'s voice reaches her ears, causing her to snap back into reality.

"[F/N]-san... You're still here?"

The girl nods, holding up a finger while drinking a cold can of coffee. "Ahh! Yep! Why wouldn't I be here? Did you think I was with [Y/N] and the other two? Haha, trust me, I would tag along. But I figured I'd be more useful here and convince the old man to talk to the government about Yuri and her current status." She rambles all in one breath.

The coffee must've kicked in by now.

"So, you're heading back to your legion, eh? Have you made your decision?"

Kaede pushed herself off the wall, walking past the Science Division member. But not before saying aloud,

"You know my answer, [F/N]-san! I'll do anything to save and protect the girl of my destiny~!"

[F/N] hadn't said anything else, but her smile told it all. There were no words needed. She was just glad to see and hear that these people were your friends.

"But she's gonna make me jealous if she keeps showing off her soon-to-be harem!" The first-year whispered before chuckling to herself. "Perhaps I should make a surprise visit to the Hitotsuyanagi Squad."

"Knock knock! Guess who~?" [F/N] peeked her head through the small opening of the door, with a large smile plastered on her face as she waved her hand at them. "May I come in?"

"[F-F/N]-san?! W-What brings you here?" Fumi asked with her intermittent stutter, and everyone's eyes took on a focused gaze when they saw the freshman Lily.

"Isn't it obvious? I came here to see you girls off! You're planning on heading over to where [Y/N], Riri, and Yuri are, correct?"

"How... did you know?" Yujia raises a brow in both shock and confusion. The other members of the Hitotsuyanagi Squad shared a similar look like their Icelandic friend.

[F/N] simply grinned. "I'm [Y/N]'s best friend, so of course I'd know what's happening," Her eyebrows begin to wiggle suggestively. "And one of the things that I do know is that you girls like her.~ Don't ya~?"

Heat slowly crawls up their faces, and the remarkable redness is now visible on their cheeks. There was no denying it now. The red scenery has proven their feelings despite the words they let out.

Though Kaede differs from her teammates and tells with the utmost pride, "Do you have to ask me that, [F/N]-san? Of course I love [Y/N]-sama~! She's the girl of my destiny and will always be!"

Your best friend raises a brow in question. "And you're confident that she'll reciprocate your feelings?"

"Of course! Well, I would at least hope so..." The certainty in her voice is lacking this time. Her haughty disposition dissolves into a pouty look. One would find it childish since this is coming from a well-known prodigy.

A cough breaks the challenge in the air, and Mai changes the subject to avoid anything dealing with her feelings toward you, "We can talk about this later. For now, we need to get going and find [Y/N], our leader, and Yuri."

"I see... So, all of you have decided to side with those three?"

Yuyu nods her head. "That's right. And what about you, [F/N]?"

She chuckles and waves them off. "I'll always side with [Y/N] and her little harem. Besides, she'll need all the help she can get if the government is sending units after them."

"Well, that settles it. We're gonna head out!" Miriam and her fellow legion members stood from their seats, now carrying out the order from their vice commander. "Are you not coming with us, [F/N]?"

[F/N] shook her head, reaching down to grab a small box of chocolate pocky atop the coffee table. "I won't be able to since I'm gonna be heading out with the chairman and Moyu." She takes one of the coated breadsticks, placing it between her lips like how one would with a cigarette.

"I'm gonna be confronting our corrupt government, so that should be fun.~"

The moon is at its highest by the time you and the other two Lilies reach the deserted town. The entire settlement is covered with vines, moss, and every other greenery there is to nature. Buildings and stones are aging as time goes by, noting that this area has been untouched for what seems to be years. The reason for this is obvious, and the sign before you says the exact same thing.

"Where are we?" Yuri asks as the dense, sombre air from the abandoned area lingers around the three of you.

"Probably an area abandoned after a Huge attack." Riri answers her in a soft voice.

"Where did the people go?"

"I don't... know..."

"Everyone hates Huge, don't they? I wonder if they hate me, too."

"Don't say that!" Riri goes to her and cradles the synthetic Lily in her arms. Again, tears are within her closed, threatening to fall at any minute now. "You shouldn't say things like that..."

You felt awful seeing how things have turned out for the two friends. From an early text by [F/N], there's an arrest warrant for Riri, a capture order for Yuri, and a requirement for you to return to Yurigaoka. There's no way you could leave their side without feeling incredibly guilty and horrible. Lilies and friends help and protect each other while killing the Huge, not the other way around.

You stood in wordless silence, peeking over your shoulder to witness the sad scene. Was there anything you could do? Optimism isn't a bad case, but it could worsen her state if the promise doesn't fulfill to the end. Nothing is worse than having your hopes up, only for it to be crushed and shattered by the later outcome. And the worst case scenario would be that someone gets hurt, or worse... someone does die.

"Sorry, Riri. Don't cry." Yuri brings up a hand and gently strokes her soft pink hair to calm the squad leader. "I want to see everyone again as much as you do. So, don't cry."

Sniffling loudly in an attempt to hold back her cries, Riri hugs the latter tighter than ever. Without a care in the world, Yuri continues to caress her hair and looks up at the brilliant moon. Longing  for comfort. Awaiting  her fate.

The only thing you could do is to let them have their moment together. One last peaceful moment before blood is to be spilled in the next set of hours.

"We have received multiple reports that a Yurigaoka Lily has fled with the Huge whose capture was ordered this morning."

"That is true. The academy is making all possible efforts to take the girls into custody."

"Girls? You mean one fugitive Lily, one rebellious Lily, and one Huge. Watch your words, Takamatsu Kogetsu."

The elderly man spoke no more, allowing the government executives to proceed with their plan. Even in the center of the modern, highly fashioned office, being alone with the government trinity as well as dwell in the tension that comes with it, the chairman hasn't broken a sweat and stared listlessly at them.

"Huge are controlled by the mysterious power of Magie. The Lilies who combat them also use Magie, and are therefore considered a potential threat." The besuited man on the far right says with a stern frown.

His partner from earlier takes after him and adds, "I'm sure you don't want the threat Lilies pose to be debated right now. So, what do you have to say?"

With a brief sigh, the man takes on his student's words, vocalizing, "They simply wish to live freely. That is all."

They scoffed, a chuckle coming out of the same arrogant man from before. "Well, excuse me. That goes for anyone. Is that what you're trying to say? If Lilies are the only humans capable of using Magie, doesn't it make sense that they should bear a commensurate burden?"

"Then let me ask you this: Is she a person or a Huge? You tell me." Takamatsu stares with brooding blue eyes.

"Excuse me, Acting Chairman, but you seem to have gotten off-topic."

The man reinforces, "We are forcing young girls to bear the brunt of combat. We should always be asking what we're fighting for."

"Gardens that house Lilies are allowed exceptional treatment despite the times. Why is that? It's obvious! And a Lily who protects Huge must not  exist."

The man in the middle quotes, "She who fights with monsters should be careful lest she thereby become a monster."

"Indeed. We should all take that lesson to heart." Takamatsu and the rest of the gents look towards the sound of a door being knocked. The second it opens, Moyu and [F/N] pop right on in.

The second-year enters with an energetic smile, waving her hand at them, whereas the first-year had a lopsided grin.

"If you would excuse me, it seems we've received a new report." Takamatsu motions the two Lilies to come his way.

After the two girls are standing on either side of him, Moyu greets the three gents, "Nice to meet you! I'm a second-year student at Yurigaoka Girls' Academy Arsenal Division, Mashima Moyu. I published 51 papers on Magie last year alone. They call me 'Weekly Moyu'  in the field."

"Moyu-kun." Takamatsu calls out to her in a reprimanding tone.

"Whoops! Excuse me! Sorry, [F/N]! Go right ahead."

[F/N] nods, motioning a small wave of her hand. "[F/N] [F/L/N]. A first-year Lily in the Science Division. It isn't  a pleasure to meet you."

The chairman sighs, shaking his head at the girl's bluntness. Though he isn't able to say anything as Moyu continues on from there.

"Jumping to the conclusion, Yuri is human! She isn't a Huge."

Groans are heard from the executives, and a holographic monitor is summoned behind Takamatsu and the two Lilies, with the lights turned off as the blue panel takes over the room.

"You want to know why, right? I analyzed Yuri-chan's genome, and it certainly matches a human's genetic material with a 99.9 percentage!"

"But not 100 percent?" One of them barked out.

"No, of course not. A 100 percent human doesn't exist. I mean, are you and me the same? No, we're different people. We're all different!" The second-year grinned as several small panels appeared beside her and [F/N].

And the first-year begins to explain, "Acquiring diversity is the root of life's survival strategies. Genomes are being updated every day. So, of course we're different. But all of us are□ also 99.9 percent human."

"But she's a Huge!"

"You just referred to a Huge as a she. I don't think you'd refer to a creature like the Huge with pronouns such as that." [F/N] rolled her eyes and yawned afterwards. "You're basically admitting Yuri Hitotsuyanagi is a human."

"About that, sir—a genetically human being shall be considered human regardless of origin. That's an international treaty that came into effect 20 years ago, back when ethically dubious research was rampant. Our country ratified it, too, of course. But it was only last year!"

"But a Huge IS a Huge! There are no exceptions!"

[F/N] sighed, "Oh! By the way, we've also confirmed that Yuri's Huge-derived genes lost their function when she became a humanoid, and that's even supported by materials supplied by the French CHARM manufacturer, Grand Guignol."

Moyu giggles. "Man! Without you and these documents, it would've taken me a whole extra day."

There were no words to be said. The two Lilies took it right out of their mouths, leaving them as none other than three idiots that should relocate and find another job.

"Your welcome, Mashima-senpai."

"Hehe! Anyway, let me say this again: Yuri-chan is a human!"

Takamatsu stands from his seat, pushing his glasses upward to reposition them. "Then I suppose that also makes her a Lily."

"You're disobeying orders, Kogetsu?!"

"The order to capture her was baseless. Might I suggest you rescind it?"

The besuited man growled in frustration, "Our response was appropriate!"

"The circumstances were obscure; you couldn't help it. The academy will take responsibility for the three Lilies' punishment." The artificial lights return to the surface as the control for the monitor is shut off. "Needless to say, now that Yuri-kun has been identified as a Lily, this academy will take custody of her in accordance with the precedent."

The second-year and first-year share a smile at the chairman's announcement. With [F/N] fetching for her phone, Takamatsu whispers to himself, "Let's hear it for the precedent case."

Morning has already risen, yet everything is covered in subtle grey hues. Not a word or sound is heard as the white light of dawn traveled through the windows, beaming on the three runaways.

"How long will we stay here, Riri? [Y/N]?"

There was something akin to a parachute... twisting and flying in the air. It was an odd sight to see, and you certainly didn't take a liking to it.

"I don't know..." Riri whispers while reminiscing about yesterday's event. "We left on the spur of the moment, but..." This was a first for her and you—Yuyu initiated a hug, and her choice of words made your hearts flutter. Then again, the second-year Lily has been making hearts flutter ever since she transferred to Yurigaoka.

The recent memory brought back a hopeful smile on the leader's lips. "Don't worry. If we stay here, Yuyu and the others will come join us."

It almost seemed like Yuri hadn't paid attention to anything around her, with the lavender-haired lass staring out the window the entire time they've been here. "I wonder if all Huge are like me."

"What? No way! You're nothing alike!"

"But I'm a Huge, right?" Yuri finally breaks her gaze and turns to look at Riri with a passive expression.

"No... You're not a Huge, Yuri-chan... Y– You're..."

With a couple of steps, you were now in front of the two girls. Without another word, you patted their heads and then ruffled their hairs.

"[Y-Y/N]-sama?! W-What are you doing!?"

"Breaking the ice, silly. You don't have to look down all the time." After retracting your hands, you flashed your most winning smile. "We'll pull through this until the very end. Together. And I know what you're thinking, Yuri..."

The shorter female gazes up at you with mere innocence, waiting for your next sentence.

"You're not a Huge, and even if you aren't human, we'd still accept you for who you are. Your existence matters, Yuri. You weren't born this way because you wanted to be. None of us ever wanted or thought of our current state." You turn your head to Riri. "Do you also feel that way, rookie?"

"Oh, all the time. I wish I had beautiful, silky hair like Onee-sama, or that I could be kind and cool all the time like [Y/N]-sama."

A stylized bead of sweat comically appears on the side of your head as you hear her spewing nonsense. "Riri... I'm neither of that, but thanks anyway..."

"So then, Yuyu must be happy because she was born as Yuyu. And [Y/N] is happy since she's born as herself, right?"

The look on Yuri's face is unreadable. But so much emotion lies within her rose-pink eyes. You would've never thought she could say something like that, yet many shifts are occurring right after the event from yesterday—they've grown to be so mature in a short amount of time.

"Aren't you also happy, Yuri? Just like us, you were born into this world and met numerous people, including me, Riri, Yuyu, and the others."

Tears welled up in Riri's eyes as she began to apologize, "I'm sorry, Yuri-chan..." Her hands reach out to softly clasp the young lass into her arms, bringing her close to her beating heart. "You don't have to become anything. You're perfect the way you are...!"

The synthetic human brings both of her hands to her chest, clutching them to her heart. "But you know, I became Yuri because that's what [Y/N] named me... And everyone loved me for who I truly was. That made me really happy."

The smile on her face is the sweetest thing you've ever seen. You wished time would stop now, allowing you to engrave the sight into your heart. It really is that precious.

"Don't worry... You'll have a home to go back to. We'll all make one for you!" Riri says while tightening her hold on Yuri.

The gesture was warm and loving, yet... a hint of bitterness somehow finds its way to the scene. You couldn't describe this feeling, but there's something on the other end. Just...

"Yes. Let's go home together."

A familiar, mellow voice comes from the other side of the room. Almost immediately, the three of you snapped and turned to see a welcoming crowd.

"O-Onee-sama... Everyone... Y-You're here." Riri manages to say through the current shock.

Yuyu smiles, sauntering over to you and the other two. "The Acting Chairman, Moyu, and [F/N] managed to convince the government, and they now recognize Yuri as indeed a human and a Lily. You don't have to worry anymore—it's safe now."

And, of course, Kaede has to make a unique□ remark. "I was hoping for a dramatic escape with [Y/N]-sama. But it's over already?"

Behind the Eurasian prodigy, Mai tilts her head with her arms raised up, bent to rest her hands behind her clothed neck. "The arrest order for you also got rescinded, Riri. Way to go!"

"A-Arrest?! Did that really happen!? And– Huh? But how did you find us?"

"Oh. Well, it was really obvious." Fumi points out the window. "The defense unit was already in the area, so we followed them and that led us to you, Yuri-chan, and [Y/N]-sama."

You nod your head. "I see... But why didn't I get an arrest order when I also helped Riri and Yuri??"

"That... is a good question. Why didn't you get one?" Yujia tapped at her chin.

You shrugged. "I don't even know. Maybe I'll ask [F/N] about it–"

A loud explosion-like sound cuts off your questioning and, without thinking, you and the other girls rush to the location of the noise.

Tremendous flashes of blue lightning make themselves known in the visible spectrum. Yet, that isn't what surprised you, it's the torn atmosphere overhead. Whatever happened earlier... it managed to shred the layer of gases that surround the earth along with burning off the clouds in a vertical line.

You and the Hitotsuyanagi Squad gathered for the shore, and saw the massive beast loitering near the sea.

"What is that Huge?" Mai's eyes looked ready to burst as she took in the gigantic life form.

"It's using Magie directly to attack?" A worried frown spreads across the Taiwanese's face.

Yujia adds on, "It should run out of Magie right away if it does that."

"That's a Huge?" Yuri blinked, leaning her head forward to get a closer look even though the beast roamed afar.

Riri hummed, "Mhm. I think so. But..."

"Huge are controlled by Magie, but they shouldn't be able to control it." Yuyu explains to her Schutz, though concern is written all over her face. "So, how...?"

"Are we going to beat that Huge?" After uttering her question, Yuri's face grew serious.

"Yeah, but we need to get back to Yurigaoka and–" The squad leader wasn't able to finish her sentence as the synthetic Lily immediately heads off to the direction of the giant beast, running at such speed that allows her to keep afloat.

"That's Shukuchi, my Rare Skill!"

"Y-Yuri-chan's running on the ocean!" Fumi informs the rest of her team through her Hawk's Eye.

A bead of sweat falls on the side of Mai's face. "You can tell by looking, but even I've never done that before!"

"Phase Transcendence... She combined it with my technique." Miriam whispered. It became apparent that the Arsenal Division member was in total shock—it's quite rare to see her grow so quiet.

"Then she's a Dual Skiller? Or is it an enhancement?" Shenlin inquired. 

"I'm not sure, but she'll soon exhaust her Magie!"

"Riri, no!" Yuyu grabbed her Schutz by the wrist, holding her in place. "It's too dangerous!"

"O-Onee-sama, please! Let me go!"

Kaede moved with great haste and held onto Riri's arm. "You can't catch up on foot! If you go out there, that's basically committing suicide!"

"But she isn't ready for a real battle yet! Please let me go after–"

"I'll go after her." You said briefly and abruptly to the timid commander, turning yourself around to meet eye-to-eye with Riri. Walking over to her and standing in front of the pink-haired Lily, you smiled as you poked Riri's forehead with two of your fingers—the index and middle joints.

"I don't want to get your hopes up because anything could happen at this point. And I don't have to tell you the worst or the best case scenario, but a little optimism wouldn't hurt anyone I suppose. Just know that... whatever happens to her– to us, we'll always love and care about you and the others. With that being said..."

You turn away from her with your CHARM in hand, preparing to take off into the war zone. As the meaning strikes Riri and her team members, their worries quickly vanish, forming into a dreadful expression.

"[Y/N]-sama..." Riri whispers your name, with conflict and pain flashing across her face.

If you turn back now and see the look on her face, you wouldn't have remained still; instead, you'd be crying. Quivering as the small voice in your head comes on whenever terror reigns. A foreboding feeling of what's to come in these next set of minutes...

Despite this frightful countenance, you pushed on and sprinted at the same speed as Yuri, catching up to the lavender Lily.

"Yuri! Wait–!" You grit your teeth as the Huge launches several orbs filled with a substantial amount of Magie. Instantly dodging their attacks, you dashed upon a boulder and vaulted over the large rock by stabbing the sharp end of your CHARM into the stone, propelling yourself into the sky—a similar technique to an athlete that uses a long, flexible pole as an aid to jump over a bar.

"Yuri!" You grabbed her by the sleeve, pulling her close to you. "Don't do this! You're going to get yourself killed, you hear?!"

Her rose-pink eyes meet yours, sharp yet surprised.

"[Y/N]? What are you doing here? You have to go back! It's dangerous here!"

"We're literally up in the air and in the middle of a Huge attack! You can talk about this being dangerous□, yet here you are, trying to put this thing down all on your own! If you don't want to fall back, then I have no choice but to join you in this warfare!"

"That isn't going to happen, [Y/N]! Go back to Riri and everyone else!"

The two of you dropped down to the waters, neither of you bothered to head back or made for the shore, only wanting to keep each other safe while deconstructing the Huge bit by bit.

The synchronization between you and Yuri made everything possible and easier for the two of you. There was an effective bond  between you and her, and all Magie from within begins to strongly resonate. With the crystal core situated at the side of your arsenal, casting a deep blue glow over your entire body; new power surges through every vein in your body.

'What is this feeling? It's similar to when I absorb Magie from a Huge, yet this feels entirely different. Like I'm being supplied with endless amounts of Magie...'

A compromising sensation grips every part of you while you glide past every attack. It's an easy procedure, to say the least—you strike when there's an opening, then fall back when it's finished.

And once everything is set in place, with those drones gone and the only thing remaining is the body itself, Yuri performs a series of backward and forward somersaults and raises the Gungnir over her head. Her whole body lit with intensity as the blade on her CHARM manifested into an ethereal, otherworldly silhouette.

But...

"Shit! That's too much Magie for her to handle, even if she is a synthetic Lily! But if I go near her, I'll be a dead woman  myself..."

Right now, time wasn't your friend and the sensible thing to do was to move out of the way. Yuri has already unleashed it and dove forward with her life, the powerful and aggressive action enveloped the Huge into its light and also...

...

Yuri.

Floating within the light, she turns to look at you one last time. And, with a sweet smile, she says softly, "[Y/N], I did it."

No... This can't be happening, right? No...

"YURI!!!!!!!!!!!"

An explosion breaks through the surface, muffling your scream with its sizzling flames while the sky gives way to the black smoke. It's as if the violent outburst was mocking  you. Glaring at you with nothing but hate and venom. Telling you about your failure of saving another person's life.

You were hopeless.

Pathetic.

Weak.

You were reliving in a nightmare again. You tried to say something. Anything. But it was far too late...

Yuri Hitotsuyanagi– She's already...!

...

You were sorry.

The sun is already threatening to set for the night, signaling that the day is about to end. But no one dares move. With doleful expressions, everyone at the scene can only stare at the broken CHARM that has washed up to shore.

As for you, it breaks your mind and soul as her  death replays in your head. A painful recent memory that will forever scar you for the rest of your life. Another guilt you'll be carrying until the day you die.

Riri muttered something in a barely audible voice, but nothing could erase Yuri's words from your ears.

'Please... Don't leave me be...! I– I'm so sorry... That should've been me–! I should have taken your place! I should've died, not you!'

In this bloody world, where you shed all of your tears, will your mind ease if you had disappeared instead of her?

Perhaps... A girl like Yuri Hitotsuyanagi... she never deserved this...

But you did though. You deserved every goddamn punishment for not being able to protect her and her sweet smile! Dammit...

"Yuri... how painful must it have been to know that... when you sacrificed yourself in order to protect everyone... you wouldn't be able to see any of us a-again... and w-we won't see you either..."

Heyo, peeps! It's been a while since I posted a chapter on this book, so I thought to owe it to you readers and publish this as soon as possible. :> Hopefully, you peeps enjoy this update (please don't mind the god-awful grammar... le cries), and I'm sorry again for the lack of updates on this book! Love you all! <33

Word Count: 8315

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

298K 10.4K 49
"All I wanted was to receive the same amount of love and affection I gave...but all I got was pain and betrayal." A new student in Itachiyama Institu...
5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
2.9K 50 11
It's been a while Fairy Tail. But I'm here to contribute to the collection of fanfiction. This is a story that lives with me despite getting over my...
31 3 5
"The world is a place where both beauty and terror, cause one to tread a path. It's this said path that only the crazy or outright insane may live lo...