𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎...

By _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED** Odette Alarie live in Europe all her life until one summer when her cousin and uncle came to vi... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - TATTOO
Ch. 2 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 3 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 4 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 5 - FRAYED
Ch. 6 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 7 - CURRENTS
Ch. 8 - VISIONARY
Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 10 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 11 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 12 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 13 - ANCHORS
Ch. 14 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Ch. 15 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 16 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 17 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 18 - RIDDLED
Ch. 19 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 21 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 22 - DE-VOID
Ch. 23 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Into to Season 4
Ch. 25 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 26 - 117
Ch. 27 - MUTED
Ch. 28 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 29 - I.E.D
Ch. 30 - ORPHANED
Ch. 31 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 32 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 33 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 35 - A PROMISE TO DEATH
Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 37 - PARASOMINA
Ch. 38 - DREAMCATCHER
Ch. 39 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 40 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 41 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 42 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 43 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 44 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 46 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 49 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 50 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 51 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 52 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 53 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 54 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 55 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 56 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 57 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 58 - RELICS
Ch. 59 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 60 - GHOSTED
Ch. 61 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 62 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 64 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 65 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 66 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 67 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 68 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 69 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 70 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 71 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 72 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 73 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 74 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bouns Ch. #1
Bouns Ch. #2
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 75 - HAUNTED MEMORIES
Ch. 76 - NOT A GAME
Ch. 77 - THE RITUAL TO BRING HER BACK
Ch. 78 - ALLISON'S BACK... SORT OF
Ch. 79 - TAILS
Ch. 80 - ROWAN ASH
Ch. 81 - HIS WORLD AND OUR WORLD
Ch. 82 - THE WINNING MOVE
Ch. 83 - A FRIEND'S FINAL BATTLE

Ch. 20 - ECHO HOUSE

8.4K 248 211
By _devilishEJ_

Odette's outfit

Felt like posting this chapter early.

Chapter Twenty
🦊 Echo House 🦊

Pulling up in front of Eichen House, Odette quickly climbed out her car as Scott instantly took off his helmets and got off his bike, before rushing over to where Scott and his father stood. "Why didn't you tell us?" Scott asked, "Because we wanted to avoid something like this."

"It's only seventy-two hours." Stiles said and Odette sighed, "Seventy-two hours too long. Stiles, this is the same place where Barrow came from." She said and Stiles sighed softly and look away. "You don't know everything yet." Scott said looking over at Stilinski. "I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called..." Stilinski said making Stiles look at him in surprise and impressed, "Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct."

"Guys, I saw an MRI that looked exact exactly like my wife's... and it terrifies me. I'm headed down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist." Stilinski said making them look at him confused, "Then why are you putting him here?" Odette asked.

"He's not. It's my decision." Stiles said making them look over at him, "Stiles, we can't help you if you're in here..." Scott said and Stiles shook his head, "And I can't hurt you." He said looking back and forth between them, his eyes lingering on Odette making her face soften. "Stiles, that wasn't you." She said in a slight whisper, "Deaton's got some ideas...Argent's calling people... We're going to find something. And, if we can't-"

"If you can't...If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay?" Make sure I never get out." Stiles said and Odette sighed and shook her head, "Can I talk to you?" She asked and he nodded and they walked over to the side.

"Why are you doing this Stiles?" She asked in a slight whisper making him sigh, "It's the best choice." He said and she scoffed looking at him with glossy eyes. "The best choice is putting yourself in a nut house? And Eichen of places? Stiles, this place doesn't help insane, they make people insane. I can't- I don't want you here." She said as a tear fell down her face.

"Odette, I-I slammed your head into a wall. If you were human, I could have killed you. I can't let that happen again. I have to do this." He said and she sighed and looked down. He gently cupped her face making her look up at him before leaning down and pressing a tender kiss to her forehead as she closed her eyes as she grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry." He whispered before pulling away, holding her hand until he was to far away as he walked over to his dad who stood by the now open gates.

Scott walked over to Odette's and wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she watched Stiles walk up to the building. She let out a shaky breath as she wiped away the tears that had fallen before looking away. "Hey." Scott said making her look at him, "We'll find away to help him." He said and she nodded, looking back at Stiles who she could barely see anymore.

"I know."

🦊

Odette stood in between her cousin and Scott in the animal clinic while Deaton talks to her uncle over the phone, "Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" Argent asked. "Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems, now. First the lichen is not a cure- it'll wear off in a matter of days." Deaton explained.

"But, while it does work, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?"

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the Oni there, as well. I checked with your contacts in Japan. The Yakuza boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll." Deaton said making them look at him confused, "What scroll?" Odette asked and Deaton looked up at her. "A Shugendo scroll. The Shugendo scroll were the ascetic mystics of Japan."

"The scroll had information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune."

"So we need to find that scroll?" Scott asked and Deaton nodded. "Exactly. And, I did get a name of the man who last purchased it- Kincaid." Deaton said. "He was with Katashi. He's the guy who met with Isaac and Odette to buy the gun." Allison said and Odette nodded, "Big guy, also a Werewolf." She said.

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself."

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things... And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on him at all times."

"What does a Shugendo scroll look like?" Allison asked and Deaton got up and pulled out something that looked like a scroll you'd see in a medieval movie. "Something like this." He said handing the scroll to Allison, "Do they come in different sizes?" She asked. "Any size."

"Then I think I know where it might be."

🦊

"My father said all of the Katashi is being moved to a federal lockup by armored car tonight- probably within the next few hours." Allison explained to Scott and the twins as they walked over to Odette and Lydia in Argent's office. "We're going to rob an armored car?" Ethan asked in shock. "Well..." Odette trailed off, glancing over at Lydia. "We're going to try." Lydia said.

"This is a really bad plan." Scott said after they went over the plan. "It's not that bad..." Lydia trailed off making them all raise their eyebrows at her, "It's not that good!" Ethan said making her sigh. "None of us knows the route they're going to take. If Allison can get one of her dad's GPS trackers on the armored car, then we can follow it. So, when it gets here-" Odette explained and Aiden cut her off, "We attack em?"

"No. Your bikes will be in the middle of the road, looking like you guys got into an accident. And, when the driver gets out to help-" Lydia explained and Aiden cut her off, "We attack em."

"No!" All the girls said at the same time, "You'll distract him, and Scott will break open the back door."

"...I hope."

"And you'll get Katashi's finger." Lydia said making Ethan's eyes widen, "It's not his actual finger, is it?" He asked and Odette let out a deep sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Do twins normally share the same single brain cell?" She asked making then frown at her. "You are so out of our league." Lydia scoffed.

"Why aren't we just going to Stilinski for help?" Ethan asked and Scott sighed softly, "Because, if he gets caught, then it's the Sheriff tampering with federal evidence." He said. "Guys, this is going to work. We can do this. We're losing Stiles... My dad and Derek is in jail for murder... We need to do this." Allison said.

🦊

"You're up." Allison said and Kira nodded and ran over to the armored. When she got over there she placed the GPS tracker and looked back at them smiling but then a door to the building opened making her hide. Parrish walked over to the passenger side and opened the door only to pull his gun out quickly making Odette, Scott and Allison watch in confusion as he walked around the car.

He stood in front if the back doors, looking around until suddenly the back doors and someone jumped out and grabbed Parrish, slamming his head into the car. "Who the hell is that?" Scott asked with wide eyes and Odette sighed softly.

"Kincaid."

Kincaid pulled the silver finger prosthetic out as Scott, Allison and Odette walked up to him, "We need that finger." Scott said making Kincaid raise his eyebrows looking over at them. "Why should I give it to you?" He asked.

"There's a briefcase in there with one hundred and fifty thousand in it." Allison said, her crossbow trained on him as he chuckled, "The scroll inside this prosthetic finger is worth three million." He said, pocketing it.

"Give me the finger." Scott said making Odette pursed her lips, raising her eyebrows at Scott who sighed, "...You know what I mean"

Suddenly Kira jumped onto Kincaid's, but didn't even phase him as he just grabbed her off him and through her to the side. "I guess negotiations are over." He said, flashing his blue eyes and canines and letting out a loud growl.

Kira went to attack him but he grabbed her throat making her groan before throwing her aside again. He swiped at Allison making her fall into the brick wall. Odette walked up, flashing her blue eyes, and he swung at her but she ducked making him miss.

He swung again but she grabbed his arm and smirked before spinning around, kicking his side. He stumbled a bit before turning around, growling at her making her give him a low growl back. He swiped at her and she grabbed his arm but he quickly moved his arm around to where he now was now holding her arm before grabbing her other arm. She tried to fight against him as he lifted her up a bit before slamming her into the ground making her groan.

He stepped over her as Scott ran up and threw a few punches at Kincaid but he barely even flinched. He grabbed Scotts arms, growling at him before head butting him making Scott stumble back, he punched Scott to the ground then kicked him making Scott breath out in pain as Kincaid crouched down next to him. "You have the eyes of an Alpha... but where's the strength?"

"Up here." Ethan said making him turn to see the twins on the stairs. The twins jumped down to attack, apparently Kincaid didn't except to fight two ex-alpha twins, cause they were definitely getting more punches in then he was. Kira quickly got up and ran over to Odette, helping her up.

"Ethan, Aiden, stop!" Scott yelled making the twins freeze. "You want him to come after us?" Aiden asked, "Scott, we've seen guys like this. Trust us- he's dangerous." Ethan said. "So are we. And he looks smart enough to remember that." Scott said and Odette stepped up and took the silver prosthetic out of Kincaid's pocket, handing it over to Scott.

He grabbed it and turned it upside down in his hand letting a tiny scroll fall out. "We're here to save a life... not end one." Scott said glancing down at Kincaid before dropping the prosthetic.

🦊

"Stiles." Someone said trying to shake him awake but he kept mumbling in his sleep. "Stiles!" They whispered harshly making him jump away and glance around panickedly, "Hey, it's just me." They said softly making him look over to see Odette on her knees next to him.

"How- what- what are you doing here?" How did you get in here?" Stiles asked and Odette smiled sheepishly, "I uh... snuck in and I ran onto Malia and she told me were to find you and that you're looking for the basement. She said that theres another way, through the closed unit. Apparently theres where they keep the real psychos." She said before helping him up.

"How did you sneak into the most guarded metal intuition?" Stiles asked and she chuckled slightly, "A magician never reveales her secrets?" She said in a slight questioning tone. He stared at her shocked for a moment before nodding, "Good enough for me. Let's go."

"What are you looking for?" Odette asked as they walked into the basement, "Something to do with that." Stiles said pointing at something making her look over to see a backwards five on the wall making her subconsciously rub the back if her ear where her scar was.

"Self." She mumbled before glancing around, "So? Where do we start?" She asked looking back at him.

Not long after they sat next to each other on a couch as they looked through papers.

This place definitely used to be... something out of a horror film. Electroshock... ice baths... trephination...? Am I saying that right?" She asked and Stiles looked over her shoulder to look at the paper before nodding. "Yeah. Trephination is when they drill into your head." He said making her eyes widen slightly as she slowly set down the paper.

"No wonder they don't want anyone down here..." She said and Stiles sighed dropping a stack of papers he had, "There's nothing here." He said frustratingly making her grab his hand. "Could you do me a favor? Could you just check the lines on my back?" He asked and she nodded, he had already told her basically everything that he found out since coming here so she knew about the lines he was talking about.

"Just tell me if they're fading?" He asked as she gently pulled up the back of his shirt to see faint black and purple lines like veins. "Yeah, they're almost gone. That's bad right?" She asked and he sighed and nodded before turning back around.

His hand lightly brushed against her leg making him look at her when he felt how cold she was. "Why didn't you say you were cold?" He asked making her look at him, "I didn't notice. I don't really get cold like you would." She said with a slight shrug as he rested a hand on her leg.

"Which is weird because normally when people feel this cold they're actually cold." He said making her chuckle, "Well, I wasnt expecting to hang out in the basement of a mental hospital so I didn't really dress for it." She said as she grabbed another paper to read.

Stiles slightly rubbed her leg to warm her up, mostly to make him feel better about how cold her skin felt. Which wasnt even that cold, he was just worried about her. She went to grab another paper but Stiles stopped her by gently wiping away a fallen eyelash from her cheek, making her look at him.

No words were spoken as they stared into each other's eyes until Stiles leaned in and connected their lips. She instantly kissed back as she brought her hand up to cup his face. Their lips moved in sync for a moment before she slowly started to lay back against the couch, pulling him with her to where he was hovering over her.

After a minute her hand slowly trailed down to his shirt making him pull back slightly. "Are you sure about this? About doing this... here?" He asked and she pursed her lips slightly, "The basement of a nut house isn't exactly my ideal place but I don't care." She said making him raise his eyebrows.

"Are you sure?" He asked and she smiled and nodded, "I don't care as long as with you." She said making him stare at her with a small smile before leaning down to kiss her again.

🦊

Stiles and Odette laid together, her back against his chest, his arms around her as he messed with the rings she was wearing. "Va te faire foutre." Odette said slowly and Stiles repeated it with slightly messing up making her chuckle, "What does it mean?" He asked. She bit her lip slightly before turning her head to look at him, "Go fuck yourself." She said making him laugh and shake his head as he rested his forehead against her shoulder.

It was quiet for a moment as she thought of something else to teach him when she heard something making her furrow her eyebrows. "Stiles..." She said slowly as she sat up making him look at her confused before she got up and walked over to where the backward five is.

She crouched down and slightly knocked on the wall which sounded hallow making her look at Stiles. "Hear that?" She asked as the knock echoed slightly. Stiles glanced around before picking up a metal pipe making Odette stand up and move to the side. He slammed it on the wall a few times, creating a huge hole in it.

He glanced at Odette as she walked over to him before looking into the hole to see a mummified body, "This is him." He said making her eyes widen. She hesitantly put her arm through the hole to look around before pulling something out of the pocket of the jacket the body wore, pulling out a picture.

She looked down at it and he eyes widened before holding it out, "Stiles..." She said and he grabbed it and looked at it. His eyes widened as well, "We have to get this to Scott." He said but before he could move someone suddenly came up behind him, pressing a taser to his side.

Odette's eyes widen as she stoot up and turned around to see some guy who looked pretty crazy holding a taser. "You took Brunski's keys... I took his stun gun." He said and Odette growled lowly, going to step forward but he quickly pressed the taser to her stomach making her groan and lean against the wall.

"I also got his Haldol." He said before stepping a syringe into her shoulder making her groan slightly before slowly sinking to the ground as she started losing consciousness. "Like I was saying, Stiles... I heard they used to do trephination here." He said as he turned around to grab something, "Oliver...? What are you doing?" Stiles said weakly.

Oliver slowly turned around, holding a drill in his hand, "I'm going to let the evil spirits out."

🦊

"I borrowed a few pointers from the five-point restraint." Oliver said as Stiles slowly woke up, his eyes widen as he looked down to see he was sitting in a chair with his hands in restraints. He started breathing heavily as he tried to pull out of them, "Oliver, stop this." He said calmly but Oliver didn't pay attention as he started coughing.

"Oliver, listen to me- stop!" Stiles tried to say but Oliver didnt listen as he turned on the drill and stared moving it towards Stiles's head, "Oliver! Oliver, stop!"

"Start with her." A raspy voice said making Oliver instantly turn off the drill and walk away from Stiles. He glanced up confused before noticed a familiar man wrapped in bandages,
"You did this. You got into his head."

"Every Dracula needs a Renfield."

Stiles looked away from him to see Oliver putting restraints around Odette's wrists. She was sitting in a chair, slightly unconscious. She wasn't awake but she also wasnt completely unconscious, she was breathing heavily in pain as her magic tried to burn whatever was in that syringe.

"Just let her go." Stiles said with glossy eyes as he looked back at the Nogitsune,
"Let me in." The Nogitsune said. Stiles shook his head slightly before trying to pull against his restraints, "Stiles... Do you want her to leave here alive? Do you want us to leave? We can walk out of this place..." The Nogitsune said as Stiles looked back at Odette as she slightly whimpered in pain from her magic. She was still unconscious as she slightly pulled against the restraints making Oliver tighten them.

"Just let her go, please." Stiles begged as a tear fell down his face, "Let me in!" The Nogitsune said and Stiles screamed in frustration as he pulled against the restraints. "Let me in, Stiles! Let me in!" The Nogitsune said and Stiles groaned,
"Just let her go, please!" Stiles yelled as Oliver moved some of Odette's hair before turning on the drill.

"Let me in, Stiles! Let me in! Let me in, and I'll let her live." The Nogitsune said and Stiles squeezed his eyes shut before his body slowly relaxed.

The drill was less then an inch away from the side of Odette's forehead when suddenly her eyes shot open, flashing back and forth from blue to white as she screamed out in pain. The pain of her magic burning the Haldol out was intense before slowly fading making her collapse back onto the seat, breathing heavily.

All of the sudden, Oliver fell to the ground with a thud making her eyes widen as she looked at him. Someone gently grabbed her chin making her look at them to see Stiles standing in front of her. But by the look in his eyes, it wasn't him.

Stiles let him in.

"Stiles..." She said in a slight whisper, with glossy eyes as she tried to be a little bit hopeful that he hadn't gone Void. "I think you already know the answer to that, Ma colombe." He said.

(Translation: My dove)

Odette growled lowly, ripping the restraints off before standing up and flashing her blue eyes and he just risked and held his finger up. "Ah, ah, ah. Try to hurt me, you'll hurt Stiles. You wouldn't want that would you?" He said and her eyes slowly went back to normal but she still glared at him.

"Now, I'll go where I want and you can go tell Scott. And I wouldn't follow me, that is, unless you want something to happen to Stiles." He said and she didn't say anything making him smirk before walking away.

When she couldn't see him anymore, she slowly sunk down to her knees as tears ran down her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 7.6K 45
** COMPLETED ** Ivory Lahey was bitten in sophomore year along side her brother, except she isn't exactly the same as him. But when he stayed in Fran...
425K 12.6K 69
**COMPLETED** ~ This book starts off as a Liam Dunbar book but ends as a Theo Raeken book ~ After the events of her sister's death, Willow Argent fel...
53.6K 1.7K 32
A town full of supernatural beings, secrets and teenagers trying to get through high school and live normal lives; a teenage girl moves back to Beaco...
73.2K 2K 31
The past might find it's way back to you. But if your Immortal... Well, that's a whole different story... Alice Harper was in her old town, starting...