Thomas Shelby Imagines

By zodiyack

Cover by .jacobite (quotev) / @vintagecaesars Imagines from my tumblr! Please do not steal! Warnings are incl... More

Tommy Shelby Special HCs
Thoughts And Trains
Princess
Well This Was Unexpected (Witch!Reader / FBAWTFT Crossover)
Happy New Years, Mr. Shelby
Siren Seduction (Version One)
Siren Seduction (Alternate Version)
Happiness
Dance The Pain Away
Valentines Day Special
Close, But Not Quite Correct (Platonic!!)
A 200+ Follower Special!!
Lost And Found
Rest Easy For Me
Lost On You
Lost And Found (Part Two / Continued)
Protection For The Lost
Phantom Of The Opera
This is The End...Or So I Thought
Home (Modern Reader!)
Wrong Girl, Right Time
I'll Be There
Just A Little Different (Male!Reader)
Gut Feelings
Brainless Fools (Plus-size!Reader)
Little Things On Sunday Mornings
Rumours
The Unforgivable Curses (Witch!Reader / FBAWTFT Crossover)
Born To Die
Speeding Cars
Kiwi

Smile

4.2K 50 2
By zodiyack

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Female!Reader

Warnings: Cuteness?, fluff, swearing, no proofreading

Words: 2,191

Summary: A cold winter's night gives Tommy inspiration to go for the woman he desires. After all, what gentleman would let a lady walk home in the teeth chattering cold?

-

The woman who worked with his family, sitting at the front of the betting shop despite being someone who should never have to see what horrors the Shelbys have. She was the one Tommy dreamt of the few times he'd actually been able to sleep. His heart thundered as he passed her, waving a hand with a kind and welcoming smile, a genuine one at that. His family could tease him all they'd like, but Y/n L/n had stolen Thomas' heart and he was perfectly fine with that.

However, he wasn't the best at telling her so. He could talk to her just fine but telling her he fancied her... Y/n was far too innocent. Sure, she wasn't literally innocent but he couldn't bear to bring her into the shit-show disguised as "family-business". The smile she returned to him every time he passed her only reminded him of that.

"Mr. Shelby? You-" His head perked up, expression of deep thought washing away at the sound of her soft voice. Oh, her beautiful voice. It serenaded him without either of the two even realizing it.

"Again, please Y/n, call me Tommy."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," he let out a small chuckle, "I promise. Now, what about me?"

"Um... Oh! Yes! You have a visitor. I assume it's about some Peaky Business so I told them I'd get you."

Tommy nodded. "Thank you, Y/n." His eyes had been fixated on her long enough to notice more about her appearance than he had a The pink on the tip of her nose, the slightest hue of blue on her lips. "Y/n...come here please."

"Alright..." She did as she was told. A small nervous feeling bounced around in her gut, alarm bells ringing. Tommy was hard to read, but the request scared her more. Ada was the one who got her the job, Tommy was the one who let her keep the job. Was he having second thoughts?

Before another worrying thought could make its way to her head, Tommy swung his coat over Y/n's shoulders. A little sigh of relief, yet also a gasp of surprise, escaped Y/n's lips as the coat began to envelope her in its warmth. Caught in the moment, her eyes flicked to Tommy's, his to hers. They just stared. And yet, neither of them minded.

His face... It was like a Greek god, or an angel maybe? So imperfectly perfect.

That's what he was.

She thought about his smile, not currently visible, but always on her mind. It looked so handsome, so charming, and, dare she say, pretty. His smile brought hers to her face. Even if it was hiding in the pits of the darkest, deepest, smallest hiding place on a bad day, his own called hers to the surface almost instantly.

The beautiful blue of Tommy's orbs, like sapphires sparkling in the light that bounced off them or a mad ocean; the rage secretly a symphony as each wave crashed and washed away, a symphony only those who stopped to listen, actually listen, could hear. She had so many words and ways to describe the almost child-like look in his eyes, full of a hidden innocence ironically enough, but a knock at the door tore them away from her before they even reached her mouth.

"Mr. Shelby? If you and your...uh...friend are done here, I have some business to talk with you." The man was impatient. Luckily, his scare drew an instant reaction from Y/n. She had hurriedly turned around to face the guest with a flushed expression across her face the moment the door swung open. With her attention elsewhere, she missed the wince the man elicited from Tommy when he called Y/n his "friend".

"Yes. We're done. Y/n, you may go back to your work now." He excused her with the same lift of his lips he'd always given her, only this time, the corners of his mouth were a little higher, a little closer to his eyes. This was progress.

A thin sheet of snow, white as angel's wings, cloaked Small Heath. The waters were slick with ice. The cold wrapped its arms round Birmingham, Mother Nature hoping to warm her children and herself regardless of her cold skin. It nipped at the tips of noses like she was booping her finger against them in attempt to draw a smile from her shivering children.

Tommy cursed to himself. It felt so much colder than it did at the start of the day- one person on his mind upon the realization. Y/n had left a little prior to Thomas, just like she did every other day. Her reddened nose, her trembling lips as her teeth subtly and silently chattered, her fragile form even more so with her arms wrapped around her and Tommy's coat in attempt to gain warmth. The images never seemed to leave his brain, especially not when she returned his coat.

He began to walk home, still focused on Y/n. Pondering up a variety of situations, good and bad, he tried to reassure himself. Constant anxiety was not new for Tommy. He worried for his family, for his friends- for Y/n... Too much was on his mind but he couldn't seem to shake any of it off.

Although he was looking straight ahead- looking where he was going, he wasn't entirely paying attention. A grunt slipped from his throat as he walked into someone, knocking them over and causing him to stumble. Normally, he'd just tell them to watch it, but as he regained focus on what's in front of him rather than what's been bothering him, he paused.

She too was surprised, having literally been knocked off her feet by none other than Thomas fucking Shelby. Her head jerked upwards to see who had walked into her, a similar intensity as Tommy's. But she softened as well, untensing when his face, those baby blue gems, came into her view. He looked so puzzled, so...guilty.

"Fuck!" He was quick to drop the ground and help her up, checking her for any form of injury. "Are you alright, Y/n?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Are you alright? You look frightened-"

"I wasn't paying any attention to my surroundings, I must've walked right into you. You know I didn't mean for that to happen, love? It was purely on accident. Is there any way I can make it up to you? Anything at all?"

"Tommy. It's alright." The way she said his name was comforting. Her voice was soothing as usual. Her hand came to his upper arm, a relaxed and friendly grip. She gave him a squeeze, letting him know she meant it, that she was serious. "But, before I answer your second question, please, answer mine."

Thomas was ready to ignore her, lips already parting to ask her again, but the sincerity of her concerned demeanor crumbled the facade he'd put up. He released a heavy sigh, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "I'm just- ...worried." It took a lot for him to admit some things, but the feeling of relief that surged through him after he told her...it felt like she took the burden from his shoulders.

"About what?"

He looked around for a minute and then suddenly stopped. Now that he thought about it, they weren't that far from his place. He looked back to her. Her form was just as cold as it was this morning, the color of her lips had darkened, likely from longer time in colder weather.

"How about this. You come with me, to my place, we warm you up, get you a cup of tea, and then I'll tell you."

"W-what? No, Tom, you don't have to-" There it was again. His name. She was like a siren, luring Thomas Michael Shelby, the helpless sailor, his name entwined with her voice- her melody. Her form did not change, as it was her he desired most.

"No, I do. I'm the reason you were on the ground, I'm the reason you're covered in snow, but I'll be damned if I become the reason you freeze to death out here."

"I won't-"

"You live quite some distance away," his final attempt, a pleading sigh to mark it as so, and he was determined to make it a strong one, "...at least let me drive you home."

She looked to be in serious contemplation of his offer, biting her lip and rocking back in forth to collect some warmth from movement before she returned her eyes to his. "...Fine."

"I'd still like to get you warmed up though, so you can't turn me down about that, yeah?"

-

The air escaping her parted lips could just barely be seen. Huddled by the fire, wrapped in Tommy's sheets with a mug in her hands resting close to her face, the sinister chill was retreating from her body. Tommy felt his heart speed as he watched her. It felt...right. It felt right to have her be safe and warm, just as it felt right to have her there, with him.

Though a number of feelings were checked as "right", there was a rather large one that didn't. There was a feeling that wasn't right, that hadn't been satiated. His feelings for her poked at him, urging him to kiss her, hug her, ask her, to do something! Anything!

"You going to tell me what was on your mind, or was that just a trick to get me to accept your ride home, Mr. Shelby?" The grin that was present on her lips could be practically be heard as she asked the question.

"Not a trick, I promise." His chuckle brought a chortle to Y/n's mouth. He walked to the fire, sitting beside her. "I'll tell you. But first...you have to promise me something."

"Yes, anything."

"Promise me that you won't go spreading my business where it doesn't need to be." He took a deep inhale, exhaling it as he prepared to speak his next request involving her reaction. "And promise me this won't affect our relationship."

Her brows furrowed in confusion. "...I-... I promise, but, ...I don't understand how it could make a change between us?"

"It just..." He lifted his hands, scanning his brain for the right words. His hands dropped, making a small sound as they hit his thighs, the sound hidden only slightly by his sigh. "It just can."

"How so? I mean, surely it's-"

"I was worried about you."

"O-oh? Thank you, that's very-" She didn't understand. But how could he blame her with her lack of context?

"No. I was worried about you because I seem..." a pause to get it out. "I seem to have fallen in love with you." He looked into the fire with an intensity. He looked at it as if looking at her would make him crumble on the spot. The moments passing by without any response from her made the fire so much more entertaining. Tommy Shelby couldn't be scared by much, he'd already been through war, but this? It scared him.

A part of him wanted to look at her, see the reaction just in case it was just a lack of verbal response...but another part didn't want to face the disappointment. Y/n was a nice woman and Tommy could never bring himself to hate her. Losing her would be hard, but seeing her at work would be harder. Tearing her from the job she cherished would be harder. He couldn't do that to her.

Luckily, "Your eyes are so pretty..." he didn't have to. "Your eyes, your smile- everything about you has the stars jealous of its beauty. Personally, I wondered if our lips would meet. Today, in your office. It took everything in me not to surge forward, taste your lips on mine." She snickered lightly, "Excuse my bluntness."

"I like your bluntness. I only wish I'd been gifted with it." He joined in, turning to face her, finally. He took a moment to admire the way her features looked in the orangey light from the fire. His eyes, observing her face with great interest, traveled to her lips before flicking back up to hers.

"Is that so?... Well, Tommy, now's a good time to be blunt."

"Pardon?"

She'd seen it. Fixated, just like him, on his eyes, specifically. "If you want to kiss me, just say so." She'd caught him, easily with how entranced they both were.

He thought to himself. What's blunter than saying he wanted to kiss her?

It happened in one swift motion. One second she was giving him a smug quirk of her brow, the next, her lips her locked with his. They pulled away, slowly and hesitatingly. "That was...as blunt as I could be."

A laugh erupted from her. The sound sweeter than the songbirds. Then, Tommy smiled. Even if he wouldn't be her target, in a boat on a restless sea, he knew, without a single doubt, that he'd go to her willingly. In fact, he did. And upon reaching the siren, perched on a sturdy ledge-like-rock, he realized she meant no harm. Tommy smiled. The smile reached his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 963 14
Read the title. By me, for you. Also, these are from my tumblr so don't report me for copyright.
157 21 30
This is my story from the website Quotev! If any stories are similar that aren't from this account or my Quotev account @TeriEspinosa, then please re...
3K 113 18
RE-WRITTEN As your being fostered it just so happens to be your life changing experience Finally! A rewrite oh my views favourite books of mine! Pl...
990K 9.8K 102
Cover by: @sweaterxxxweather **ALL OF MY CONTENT WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. SO THEY CAN BE VERY CRINGEY AND POORLY DONE. SO BARE WITH ME CAUSE I...