Lost On You

Requested by ​jenepleurespasbaby​ on tumblr: LP- Lost on you with Bill Skarsgard (angst) please! ❤️

(She changed her request to Tommy!)

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x reader

Warnings: Angst, swearing, drinking, suggested smut, mature themes

Song: by LP

Note: Lyrics = Bold + Italic | Memories Emphasis (just for this fic) = Italic

- - - -

When you get older, plainer, saner, When you remember all the danger we came from. Burning like embers, falling, tender, Long before the days of no surrender, Years ago and well you know.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, 'Cause it's going down, All I ever wanted was you. I'll never get to heaven; 'Cause I don't know how.

At first, Thomas seemed like a tough nut to crack. Probably someone who thought they were "too good" for a love life, to tough for soft and romantic moments, too good and perfect for any of that shit. But Y/n soon changed her mind when she was the one locking lips with Thomas Shelby. She was the one sitting on his lap at the Garrison. She was the one breathing heavily and cuddling into his side as soft aftercare once he came home for the betting shop.

He called it official.

He said it would last forever.

He said he loved her more than anything in the world.

Key words are important ya know. Said? That's the key word here. He said all of those things, but failed to live up to them. Failed to keep them true.

It was a childish love to be honest. She was living the life of crime with him, and crime should never have a place in a child's life. They grew up. Saw the things their child-like-admiration hid from them. She realized the wrongs that she let him get away with, though she loved him anyway, it was only when he ended it that she finally thought about any of it with her full mind.

The times she could've been killed. Just by associating with the man. But being his lover? Far more people wanted to kill her. But they couldn't. They couldn't touch Tommy's woman or else he'd make sure half of fucking England would hear of a new death.

He called her his angel.

Told her he was the most beautiful woman he'd ever layed eyes on.

"Looks like your angel decided she'd rather journey to Hell than return to Heaven." John joked, pointing to Y/n holding a gun to another man's head as she winked at him seductively. He waved his extra glass to the woman, "Oi, Y/n!"

She walked over to them, tucking her gun away and clicking her tongue at the sight of Tommy with a new woman. She took the drink, downed it and smirked, "What? He was hiding things, and I wasn't about to let my heart break...again."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head at the sudden eye contact between Y/n and Tommy. The woman in front of her was absolutely gorgeous, flawlessly created, just as she really had been some kind of angel. She didn't know how this woman was, or why she was staring at Tommy like she wanted to rip his head off, but her experience with Tom told her to ignore that pull of curiosity.

"I'll be taking my leave now. Thanks for the drink, Johnny-boy." And with that last drawled sentence, she walked out the Garrison and returned each night with even more beauty than before.

At least in Tommy's opinion.

Let's raise a glass or two! To all the things I've lost on you, Oh oh! Tell me are they lost on you? Oh oh! Just that you could cut me loose, Oh oh! After everything I've lost on you! Is that lost on you? Oh oh! Is that lost on you? Oh oh! Baby, is that lost on you? Is that lost on you?