SAVE ME

By Bethanystyles26

#1 in Christianstories - 10/2/23 #1 in bethel - 19/06/23 Morgan lost her mum and sister to a fatal accident a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Announcement
Promo Sale Ongoing
New Story Alert!

Chapter 5

219 20 0
By Bethanystyles26

Morgan Smith

"Dad?" I called out to the empty room that light from the bright day was the only thing that illuminates it. "Dad?" I called out again then walked further to the walkway.

I entered through the door to my right and saw that it was my room from when I was little and a smile spread across my lips. I entered fulling into the room and looked around to see that everything was still intact so I walked to where I had my bed placed and I sat on it.

"Morgan let it go" I heard a whisper that sounded like my mum and I turned around to see no one in the room.

I felt my eyes water as I called out to her and tried to search for her. I missed her so much and it has been so long since I saw her last, I really want to see my parents.

"Morgan, wake up. You'll be fine" this time it was Ann's voice I heard...

I opened my eyes to see that I was in Ann's room like always and I felt my heartbeat so fast so I sat up and looked at the worried look she bared.

"Need water?" she offered and I nod "Here you go" she handed me a glass that was beside her and I drank the whole content then stared ahead of me "Still getting them?" she asked and I nod in response.

She kept rubbing my back and assuring me that all will be well and that I shouldn't bother about anything. When she saw that I had calmed down a bit, she made me lay back down and stroked my head till I felt the need to drift back to sleep but before I drifted off, I caught some of the prayers she said for me.

"Oh GOD of the whole world, please protect, guide, and bless your daughter Morgan, take away all the nightmares she has and let her be able to live whole and okay..." then I drifted off.

Annabelle Dennis

After I had prayed for Morgan like I do most of the time, and was sure that she was fast asleep, I sighed and then sat properly on my side of the bed.

This was the major reason she stayed in my room, due to her constant nightmares. I think it helped that she had someone to be with her in those times.

I took the book I was reading earlier 'To Save a Life' by 'Vicki Kuyper' and 'Todd Hafer', the book my mum and dad gifted to me with a 2007 Toyota corolla for my 16th birthday.

A birthday I will always remember and cherish for the rest of my life so I looked up from the book as I remembered the event of that day.

...Flashback...

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you" everyone sang the song for me as looked at them with a huge smile on my face and I eyed the cake that mum baked for me.

Couldn't wait to eat it because good mum is with baking, I knew it would be tantalizing.

"Thank you, guys, so much for honoring this special day for me, mum, dad" I turned to them and hugged them both "Thank you so much for this, I love it" I said.

"Thank GOD sweetie, and happy birthday once again," they said to me and I smiled then leaned from the hug to look at the happy look they had on their faces.

Everyone came to me and hugged me with birthday wishes, I got so many gifts and I was so happy. It is a really great birthday gift for me and I will cherish today for the rest of my life.

As they came to wish me, I was all 'Thank you' and 'Aww, you came' and we hugged and talked about anything.

"Happy birthday Annabelle" my body froze when I heard that tantalizing voice I had been looking forward to since the party started. I turned around and as grin was plastered on my lips when I saw Aaron Cameron standing behind me with is hand in his pocket.

I suddenly felt giddy and wanted to throw my hands around him then probably kiss his cheek for coming but I had to control myself, my parents and most people in our church are here and I don't want to give the church gossips something to talk about when next they meet.

"Thank you," I said still grinning, and I am hoping he isn't seeing me as weird.

"Here is your gift from me" he handed it over to me and I was going to open it when he whispered "Open it when the party is over and you're in your room" I nod then put it in the small purse I held already feeling excited to see what he got me.

I was called upon to cut the cake after I made a wish then many pictures were taken here and there and food and laughter filled the atmosphere.

It was already almost ten in the night and most of our guests had left, so I and some girls from church cleaned up some we could and I will do the rest tomorrow but the majority of the mess was cleaned.

"Happy birthday once again dear, see you on Sunday," Mrs. Amanda said to me and we hugged before she left.

The girls too left and I was left alone with my parents after an amazing party they threw me. I went over to them and hugged them again with so much happiness in my heart.

"Mum, the dad, thank you so much for today, I am so happy and filled to the brim with joy. I can't even explain how or what I am feeling right now" I told them and they looked pleased to see me happy.

"Aww honey, don't thank us. We are doing our duties as your parents because you deserve it. You deserve to be happy" she said and I smiled again.

"Least we forget" dad stated and took a small box from behind him and handed it over to me "Happy birthday sweetheart, I wish you a great and fulfilled year," he said and I took the box and hugged them again.

I opened it and saw a car key inside it, I took it out with my mouth opened and my eyes watered, I looked up at him and then to mum "It's..." I didn't get to finish my sentence when a sob erupts out of my mouth.

"Yes, it is the car you always wanted and it's parked outside" he completed for me and I hugged them both again as I cried.

Best parents ever.

"Thank you" I sniffled and cleaned my cheeks from the tears.

"You are welcome, dear, there is also another gift waiting for you in your car," mum said I nod then went outside to check my car out.

GOD! I am so blessed to have the parents I have, so blessed.

I got outside and saw my new dark yellow Toyota Corolla, not new but I love it. I walked over to it and opened the driver's door then saw a gift wrapped in brown paper so I took it and sat on the driver's seat and opened it to reveal the book 'To Save a Life' by Todd Hafer and Vicki Kuyper.

I opened the book and saw the table of content and saw that it was looking interesting.

"I'll check it later," I said to myself and placed it on the seat next to me then put the key in the keyhole and turned the engine on. "Woah" I gasped when the engine came alive and I decided on going for a drive so I stopped at an ice cream shop and then bought myself a small bucket before heading back home.

When I got home, no one was in the living room so I assumed that my parents already retired for the day so I went up to my room with the book and my purse in my hand.

I lay down on my bed reminiscing on how the day went when something popped into my head. I sat up and grabbed my purse then I opened the small box that Aaron gave me and saw a note folded inside, I took it out and was about to open it...

...End of flashback...

Morgan Smith

"Ann? I have been calling her for a while now but she was unresponsive like she was in a trance. I shook her again and she looked at me "Are you okay?"

"Oh, you're awake Morgan" she managed a smile and placed the book she was holding on the bedside table. "Hope you weren't having those dreams again?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes, I am" she replied.

"You're sure?" I asked to confirm and she nods in response.

"Yes, I am," she said and silence fell on us for a while before she spoke again "Are they as bad as when I took you in?" she asked.

"Not really, I just got thirsty and the jug beside you was finished so I went to get some downstairs"

"Okay," she said "I am just hoping that with time, you will learn to forgive whoever did that to your dad and learn to move on from it," she told me "Forgetting is hard so is forgiving but peace of mind comes when you learn to forgive and let go. Even I can't forget but I forgave and I am happy now," she says.

I didn't understand what she meant by her last statement but it's not easy as she said. Then she turned to me and touched my hand.

"Forgive," she said and I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"I have heard you," I said and checked the time to see that it was just thirty minutes after three in the morning so I turned and lay down back to get to sleep.

"You can't keep holding on to the past if you want to move on and get over what ha-" I cut her off.

"I said, I. Heard. You" I said sternly.

"Okay," she said and continued with her prayer.

I turned so that my back was flat on the bed and I looked up at the ceiling and sighed then turned to her "Look, I am sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you that way. I am sorry" I apologized.

"It's okay love, I understand" she touched my shoulder and smiled while I returned it.

"Thank you for being in my life," I said and she nods.

"Thank GOD" w she replied and continued with her praying while she told me to get back to sleep.

'GOD, I am so lucky' I muttered and drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
2.1K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
267K 25.6K 32
(Featured by wattpad)Highest ranking #4 in spiritual. Sold for nothing Sisi finds herself stuck in an abusive marriage to a man whose purpose is to b...
6.5K 266 12
Emma can't wait to get to college and leave all of her bitter high school memories behind. Especially the one who broke her heart and made the rest o...