Out of His League: Book Two (...

By jsteph0214

"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you... More

Character Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

8.4K 310 9
By jsteph0214

Nikki Fields:

Destiny Chapman:

_______________________________

Scarlett

Once I got home, I went upstairs to pick out some of my comfiest sweats. I didn't want to look like complete garbage, so I decided to at least do my hair and makeup. The girls that were coming over were probably going to be in something really cute, but I won't feel insecure about it because I believe Phoenix. I know he would never do anything to hurt me or make me feel bad about myself. He makes me feel beautiful, no matter what, and accepts all of me. That is all I could ask for, honestly.

Even though I have no control over how other girls see him and want to be with him, I know he would never jeopardize us for any of them. I trust him, and I have never felt that with anyone I have been with before. Putting all the trust I have in one person that has my entire heart. It's a little scary, but he's different...he's my Nixie.

But knowing and feeling that doesn't exactly take away the green-eyed monster inside me when it comes to a girl being all over him. I'm still human, and I don't trust many girls, especially those he and my brother used to hang around back in high school. Yeah, there were a few nice ones, but the others were fake and only acted sweet to me because I was Ryder Wolf's little sister. The little wolf. Those were the types of girls I never liked. They weren't genuinely nice and always had an ulterior motive. People do grow up and change, though, so maybe that's what happened with them. I guess we are about to find out soon.

I finished my makeup and threw on my outfit before meeting Ryder downstairs.

"You ready to go?" Ryder asked, raising his head from his phone.

"Yep. Do you have the keys to lock up?"

"Right here," He dangled them in the air before we walked out and locked up the house.

When we got over to Luke and the girl's place, we made our way inside. For as long as I can remember, everyone's house has been like another home for each of us. You could say we all shared three houses.

I peered into the quiet living room. "They must be upstairs."

Ryder and I walked up to their game room where Lily, Mia, Luke, Jackson, and Phoenix were lounging around talking to each other.

"The fun has arrived," Ryder gave everyone a big grin.

"You're talking about Scar, right?" Jackson quipped.

Ryder let out a loud laugh. "Nope."

"Aw, you think I'm fun?" I walked over and sat down beside Jackson on the couch.

"When you aren't being mean."

"But I'm always nice," I smiled as he shook his head.

Lily chuckled. "Our ray of sunshine."

"Until she turns into our thunderstorm of fury," Luke chimed in.

"I've seen that storm a few times," Phoenix smirked from across the room, sitting back in one of the recliners.

I raised a brow. "And you're about to see it again right now, Nixie." Everyone chuckled loudly.

"What's with you three and sweats?" Ryder looked between the girls and me.

Lily spoke up. "We went for comfy but cute. What do you think, Ry?"

Lily:

Mia:

A smirk appeared on Lily's face as she did a little twirl. When she did that, I swear my brother's cheeks turned pink.

"Alright, I guess," Ryder said with barely any emotion.

I rolled my eyes at his flat reaction. "I think you look good enough for Ty to be caught drooling."

Mia nodded. "You do."

"Just what you want, right?" Ryder mumbled. Well, it looks like that stick is still up his ass from earlier.

*Ding Dong*

The sound of the doorbell came from downstairs. "I got it," Lily started to walk across the room.

Luke got up. "I'll come with to make sure you two actually make it back here."

"Good thinking," I giggled.

"Brothers know best," Mia said.

I narrowed my eyes. "Do they, though?"

"Hey, zip it!" Ryder yelled over at me while we all laughed.

A minute later, I heard voices and footsteps coming from the stairs until Luke walked in first with a strange smile plastered on his face. "We got visitors."

Lily and Ty popped up with Chase right behind them. Oh, good god. My head slowly turned back towards Phoenix, who had stood straight up to his feet with a tightened jaw.

Jackson grimaced. "Uh oh..."

"Kill me," I whispered under my breath as Jackson and I walked over to greet them reluctantly.

Lily flashed us an apologetic smile. "Hey guys, look who I found."

Ty nodded once. "What's up?"

Lily had her arm linked with his as Chase was beside her. Ryder suddenly stood across from them with just as much of a look of anger as Phoenix had, but I think his was for some reason intended towards Ty. I thought they all got along just fine at the party. What the hell happened?

"Hey there. Didn't know you were coming too, Chase," Mia smiled, attempting to break the tension.

He arched his brow. "Oh, really? Ty said it was cool."

"Did he now?" Phoenix asked coldly.

Chase glanced over at him, looking confused before he tried to read everyone else's faces. "I mean, if it's not, I could just..."

Mia shook her head. "No, you're totally fine. Right guys?" She shot Nix a deadly look.

Jackson slightly stepped out in front of me. "It's all good here, man." He gave him a half-smile.

"Yeah, welcome," Luke said.

"It's fine," Phoenix spoke in a voice that screamed not fine at all, but at least he tried.

I cleared my throat. "Why don't you guys come in and sit down? We were just hanging out and talking."

"Yeah, come sit," Ryder finally found a few words.

"Thanks, man," Ty patted him on the back, walking past us with Lily as I saw my brother slightly roll his eyes.

Phoenix sat on the big couch, so I took my chance to sit beside him. He smiled sweetly up at me as I sat down, but the smile quickly turned into a frown. I furrowed my brows, wondering what was wrong before I felt the cushion on my other side dip down. I froze, internally groaning. I knew exactly who it was.

Chase sat to the left of me. Of course, he would. I felt Nix scoot even closer to me suddenly as our thighs touched. I slowly looked over at his face that was not amused with the situation we were in at all.

Ty and Lily sat on one of the other couches as Mia, and the boys took the bean bags and recliner. It was just a tad awkward at first because there was some tension in the air, but once Jackson and Luke started to talk, it helped everyone to loosen up a bit.

"I want a drink. You guys want something?" Lily asked.

Mia raised her hand. "Me, I want a jack and coke."

"Oh, so we are drinking, drinking?" Ty smirked.

Lily softly laughed. "Hell yeah, have you even met me?"

Ryder let out a scoff but covered over it with a cough. I furrowed my brows, staring over at him. We made eye contact as he acted like he didn't know why I was looking at him oddly.

"Do you want something, Scarlett?" Chase placed his hand lightly on my arm.

I sat up with a small smile, pulling my arm away without trying to be rude. "Oh no, not right now. Thanks, though."

Nix sighed next to me. "Okay...I'm going to need something strong. Maybe even a whole bottle."

My face softly scrunched up, feeling sorry for this whole thing. He stood as my head turned up to look at him. I gave him my best "sorry" expression before he patted me on the head and went over to the bar area. My stomach twisted into a knot. Damn it.

"So, the last time I saw you... well, you were gone in the blink of an eye," Chase brought my attention back to him.

I awkwardly laughed. "Yeah, sorry about that. Overprotective friends."

"Still just friends then?"

My heart started to race as he looked at me, curiously. "Uh, yes...yep."

"He still doesn't act like just a friend to you, and I don't think he likes me very much."

"What? No, he just takes time to let people in the group."

"Probably even longer for the guys that have an eye on the girl he wants, though," He smirked at me.

My cheeks felt flushed. "I don't know what you're talking about." Chase softly chuckled as I felt Phoenix's eyes on me. I looked over to see him throwing daggers in our direction from the bar. This is going to be the longest night ever.

*Ding Dong*

"I got this one," Ryder walked past us on the couch.

Maybe if I'm lucky, one of the girls will leech onto Chase for the night. One can only hope.

"Who's that?" Chase looked at me with a knitted brow.

"My brother invited a couple of people over, and by people, I mean girls."

"Doesn't sound like you're too thrilled about it."

"I...well, I just wanted a nice quiet night tonight, that's all," I tried to come up with an explanation.

"I feel that. Ty has been taking me to parties nonstop since I got here. Who knew there could be so many?"

"Welcome to our town," I said sarcastically as Ryder walked back in through the door with a beautiful redhead by his side. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when two girls came in next. One of them being none other than Phoenix's ex, Alyssa and the second one was Destiny Chapman. I so stupidly didn't expect to be seeing Alyssa again like this, but now that I think about it, this would happen to me. This night really is going to be one from hell.

"Shit," I said quietly as Chase gave me an amused look, obviously hearing me.

My head turned to see Phoenix standing there in complete shock. Our eyes met when I slowly stood up. "On second thought, I think I might need that drink."

As I was about to escape to the bar, my name rolled off Alyssa's tongue. "Scar!" The group of them made their way over. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Oh, hey," I said, feeling uncomfortable.

"Hey Chase, good to see you again," She went in to hug him as well. Just then, Phoenix walked into the middle of the room with us. Her face lit up with a huge smile that made me want to throw up. "Hey, Nix."

"Hey...what are you doing here?" He asked in an awkward tone.

She let out a few laughs. "Man, you really say the sweetest things. I was hanging out with Nikki and Des today, and they mentioned they were coming over here, so I tagged along."

He slowly nodded as she pushed past me, wrapping her arms around him for a hug. I felt my blood start to boil, wanting to yank her scrawny little arms right off of him, but that would cause just a bit of a show. Nix didn't reciprocate the hug, so she let go rather fast, and I was more than a little pleased at the reaction.

"Good to see you again, Destiny," Jackson beamed with a blush on his cheeks.

She smiled back at him and gave him a small hug. "You too!"

If I remember right, he and Luke had the biggest crushes on her in high school. I think at one point, all the guys did. I don't blame them either. She's gorgeous.

Ryder chimed in. "I think most of you all know each other somewhat already. This is Nikki, Destiny, and everyone knows Lyss."

"Hi," Lily's voice came out short and cold. I wonder what's got her claws coming out?

Mia smiled kindly. "We were making some drinks just now. Would you girls like something?"

Destiny nodded. "Yes, please."

"I'd love one. You want one too, Nix?" Alyssa brushed her fingers along his arm, batting her lashes.

He took a small step to the side. "I already have mine over there, actually," She followed his eyes to the bar counter.

Her brows slightly furrowed but she managed to find a smile. "Okay, then."

Ty placed his hand on the small of Lily's back. "Want another drink, Lil?"

"Sure."

"What do you want, Nikki?" Ryder asked, turning his back to the rest of us.

She bit her lip. "Hm, I don't know. Come help me decide." Ryder smiled as Lily shook her head when they both walked away.

I let out a long breath, feeling exhausted from tonight when it only just started. "I'm going to the bathroom." I felt Phoenix's eyes on me while I walked out. Once I made it down the hall, I went inside the guest bathroom, locking it behind me. My eyes stared back at my reflection in the mirror. "This is a disaster, Scar. What are you going to do?" I quietly groaned.

*Knock, Knock*

"Um...occupied!"

"It's just me," Phoenix's voice echoed through the cracks of the door.

I sighed and unlocked the door before he quickly made his way inside with me. "Is there a reason you wanted to join me in here? I could have been doing my business."

He stepped closer to me with a brow raised. "I know you, and the only business you were doing in here was overthinking."

My shoulders fell as I slowly shook my head. "Your ex-girlfriend that clearly still has a thing for you is in the same room as us."

"I know," He said with an understanding tone.

"I have to watch her rub up on you."

His head cocked to the side. "What? That is not happening. Do you really think I would let that happen?"

I looked over at the counter. "No, but she wants to."

"She can go rub up on Chase. In fact, maybe we should set them up? They would be good for each other, don't you think?" A small smile appeared on my face. "There is that beautiful smile," He wrapped his arms around me tightly as I placed my hands behind his neck.

"I want this night to be over already."

"Me too, baby."

"Maybe we should both pretend to be sick and leave," I suggested.

"That wouldn't be suspicious?" He asked with a smile.

My brows knitted together. "Yeah, you're right."

"Hey, the offer of going out and announcing you're mine is still on the table," He tempted me.

The corners of my lips curved up. "I'm yours?"

"Entirely, and there is no room for anyone else. Just you and me," His words made my heart fill with utter happiness.

"If you want to make this a throuple, though, I'm sure Chase or Alyssa would be willing?" I playfully teased.

We both chuckled as he shook his head. "Fuck that. I don't share."

"Good, neither do I."

He lowered his head down, placing his forehead against mine. "Let's just get through this night and look forward to tomorrow."

"Okay," I whispered before lifting my head as our lips met. His tongue slid across my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I eagerly let him in while one of his hands glided down my back and softly grabbed my ass. Our tongues danced together as I sunk the tips of my nails in the back of his neck, deepening the kiss. "Mm..." I moaned against his lips.

*Knock, Knock*

Phoenix grumbled in annoyance before the sound of Jackson's voice startled us. "Scar? You okay?" We both stared at the door, not knowing what to do. Oh, shit. "Scar?"

"Uh, yeah! Just a minute!" Instinctively, I went to shove Phoenix towards the shower, but he tripped over my foot, pulling the curtain down accidentally.

"Phoenix," I gasped.

He stood there, holding the curtain in his hands. "You're the one who tripped me!" He loudly whispered.

"What the hell is going on in there?" The bathroom door suddenly swung open as Nix and I froze in place. Jackson's eyes widened while his jaw fell to the ground. "I fucking knew it!"

I laughed nervously. "What? Knew what?"

"Oh, come on, Scar, I'm not stupid," He looked between the both of us with narrowed eyes.

Nix shrugged. "Well, I mean..."

Jackson rolled his eyes. "So, you're telling me that you two aren't a thing?" Phoenix and I stared back at each other, trying to figure out what to say. "I KNEW IT," He blurted out loudly.

I yanked his arm, pulling him into the bathroom with us. "Would you lower your voice? You're going to make everyone end up in here with us."

He gave me an apologetic look. "Sorry, so how long has this been going on? The day after the party, right?"

My mouth slightly fell in surprise. "How did you know that?"

Phoenix nodded. "Yeah, how did you know that?"

"Please, you were weirdly happy after supposedly getting your heart broken by my brother. If he really told you after everything that he wanted to be friends only, then you would be crushed."

"True," I quietly admitted.

"So, I'm right then?"

Nix stood beside me, putting his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah, you're right."

Jackson raised both his brows. "Holy shit! I mean, what? I just...shit."

"Funny, those were my words too," I joked as he laughed.

"No one else knows?"

"No one else," I repeated.

"Hiding it from Ryder then, yeah?" He wondered.

"Yep," Nix said with a half-smile.

"Fuckkkk, this is crazy. I feel all cool now in your secret relationship!"

Phoenix shook his head. "You are not in our relationship, ya dweeb."

"Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean."

I stared intently over at Jackson. "You can't tell anyone."

"I'm not, but everyone is going to find out eventually, though."

"We know," Phoenix said.

He cracked a smile. "Who would have thought Nix felt the same way? Hell, I didn't even think you had emotions."

Nix punched his shoulder. "Oh, shut it."

"Don't be mean, Jack," I gave him a look.

"Great, now she won't be on my side anymore," He whined.

"Not true!"

"So, you're going to side with him?" Pheonix arched a brow.

I glanced between them. "Would you two stop! We have more dire issues right now."

"Oh, like my brother's ex and a guy who wants to get with you?" He smirked.

"See? Even Jack knows about Chase!" Nix put out his hand.

I rolled my eyes at him as Jackson started to talk again. "Yeah, I came over to the bathroom thinking I was going to have to give Scar a pep talk about Alyssa, but it looks like Nix beat me to it for once."

I grimaced. "Ugh, I really don't want to go back in there."

Jackson slightly tilted his head. "Don't worry. Now that I know what's up with you two, I will try my best to help. But it's getting kind of awkward in the room right now. Is anyone else getting the feeling that Ryder and Lily are competing or something?"

"Yeah, I noticed that too," I said.

Phoenix narrowed his eyes. "It's probably just because Ryder has an issue with Ty."

My brow raised. "He didn't seem to mind the other night, though?"

"Maybe because he was drinking," He shrugged.

"Maybe," I spoke softly, trying to understand it all.

Jackson chimed in. "We should get back before anyone wonders where we are, but before we go, I just wanted to say I'm happy for you guys."

I smiled sweetly. "Awh, Jacky," I gave him a big hug.

He turned to Nix. "And if you hurt her, I will disown you as my brother."

"I don't plan to ever hurt her, Jack," He assured him as they both smile at each other.

I went to open the door as the three of us walked out. Mia appeared, stopping to look at us strangely. "Do I want to know?"

"Probably not," I chuckled.

We kept on walking past her as she yelled back. "Wait, no, really! Why were you three in there? Were you gossiping without me?"

Jackson, Nix, and I quietly laughed before going back into the game room.

"There you guys are. We thought you all ditched us," Alyssa said.

I flashed a little smile. "Sorry, bathroom."

Nikki, who was sitting all too comfortably next to my brother on the couch, smirked. "With both brothers?"

"Ew, no," I scrunched up my face.

"Aw, I was hoping little wolf wasn't so innocent."

Ryder sat up with a grossed-out face. "Really? Can you not?"

"Oops, sorry baby," Nikki snuggled closer to him.

Lily spoke up in a flirtatious voice. "Ty, can you please get me another drink?"

"Of course, gorgeous."

"Come sit over by me, Nix," Alyssa waved him over.

He looked trapped. "Oh, I..."

Within a split-second, Jackson had sat down between Destiny and her. She looked at him in frustration. "Oh, did you mean this spot? Sorry, dibs!" I tried to hold in a laugh as Phoenix and I sat down on the carpet.

Ryder ended up turning on the TV, and of course, baseball came on as we chatted here and there, but it felt like Nikki and Alyssa were the only ones who did the most talking. This group was one that didn't make much sense, but here we are. Let's hope after this night that it will be the last one I ever had to spend with them.

"I'm bored," Nikki pouted.

Lily softly scoffed. "You don't have to stick around if you're bored." In return, Nikki raised a brow at her with a fake smile spread on her face.

"Let's play a game," Mia proposed.

Destiny looked at her curiously. "What kind of game?"

Alyssa perked up. "What about Never Have I Ever?"

Luke let out a small laugh. "We played that in middle school."

"Not the dirty edition, though. We can even make it a drinking game," She added.

Nikki got all excited. "Yes, I love it. Let's do it!"

Ty nodded. "Okay, you up for it, Lil?"

She shrugged. "Fine."

"What about you, Ry?" Nikki placed her hand on his thigh.

He looked around. "I guess."

"Nix?" The sound of my voice and Alyssa's echoed the room as we said his name at the same time. We both looked at each other as her brow raised before smiling at me. "Whoops."

My eyes fell to Phoenix, who looked completely awkward. "Sure..."

Mia clapped her hands with a small smile. "Yay! I already have my first one ready to go."

Everyone went to make sure they had a drink in hand. Phoenix thoughtfully grabbed me a cup with vodka and orange juice inside. I could feel Alyssa's eyes on me at times, but I tried to ignore her. I don't want any more awkward eye contact than I have to have.

"So, if you have done what someone says, then you put a finger down and take a drink," Nikki explained as we all nodded in understanding.

"You first, Mia," Lily said.

"Okay...never have I ever given someone a lap dance."

Alyssa giggled. "Damn, you got me there."

I don't want to know who the guy was, but unfortunately, I had a bad feeling about it.

"Same here," Nikki took a drink.

"Happy to say I haven't," Jackson said.

Destiny's cheeks turned pink as she looked at him. "You're really missing out then." His brows raised with an amused look on his face.

We ended up going around in the circle. Alyssa would stare over in Nix's direction, constantly trying to get his attention, which was getting very agitating.

Almost all of us but Nikki and Alyssa still had plenty of fingers up. I had only a couple down. I'm experienced but not at their level, apparently.

"Never have I ever been turned down by a guy," Nikki said in a bragging manner. Lily's shoulders shook as she rolled her eyes. "What, you don't believe me?"

Lily arched her brow. "It isn't really believable, so...no."

"Okay, sweetie," a slight smirk appeared on her face.

"Guys, let's play nice," Ty looked at both of them.

Chase interrupted the tense moment. "My turn! Never have I ever had a threesome."

Please don't put a finger down, Phoenix. I swear to god. My eyes slowly glanced over my shoulder to see him still have the same number of fingers up. A quiet sigh of relief escaped my lips. Nikki and Ryder both drink. Ew, I was expecting that from her but not my brother.

"Can't say I don't want to, though," Luke joked.

I furrowed my brows. "Gross, Luke, get out of here." We all fell into laughter.

Mia looked over at me. "Your turn, Scar."

"Hm, never have I ever gone skinny dipping."

Lily's mouth opened in shock. "What? Add that to the summer bucket list now!"

"I'll be there!" Jackson blurted out goofily, but Phoenix glared at him from across the room as he instantly regretted his words. "Kidding...totally kidding."

I giggled to myself. Everyone but me put a finger down and drank.

It was the next round when some of us were getting a little tipsy and a little too handsy. Cough, Nikki, cough.

"Never have I ever had an STD," Ryder said proudly.

Ty put his finger down as we all watched him drink.

" Surprised your girl there doesn't have a finger down," Nikki laughed.

Lily cocked her head as her face looked heated. "Seriously?"

"She isn't his girl," Ryder blurted out.

Ty knitted his brows together. "Why does it matter?"

Ryder took a sip from his cup. "I'm just saying."

I shift uncomfortably on the floor. "Alright, maybe a couple more."

Nikki smiled. "Okay, but mine is only for Ryder."

Phoenix spoke up. "I don't think that's how it works."

She ignored him entirely as she leaned over to Ryder's ear and whispered something to him. His cheeks became flushed, looking around awkwardly. "Oh...um..."

All of a sudden, Lily stood up abruptly. "I'm done playing this game. I think I need some fresh air," She wasted no time in getting out of the room, which had us all confused.

Ty ran after her. "Wait up! I'll come with you!"

"What the hell?" Nikki's annoying voice hit my ears as I looked over and saw Ryder pushing her off him.

"I think you should go," He spoke in a serious manner.

She scoffed loudly. "What do you mean? You invited me here."

He clenched his jaw together. "Now I'm asking you to go. You've been kind of rude the whole night, and I'm not really feeling it."

"Seriously?" She sputtered.

"I think he's pretty serious," Nix stared at her in annoyance.

She looked at Ryder. "You really are an asshole."

Ryder let out a short laugh. "Okay, Nikki."

"Lyss, Des, let's go... it wasn't much fun around here anyway."

Jackson raised a brow. "Actually, I think Destiny can stay if she wants to."

Destiny's face lit up as he smiled at her. "Really?"

"Yeah," He said encouragingly.

"Come on, guys. Can't we all just get along?" Alyssa asked, looking at Phoenix for help, but he didn't offer any.

Mia shook her head. "I don't think so. Not this time."

"Lyss, let's go!" Nikki was waiting over by the door.

She bit her lip. "Maybe we could still hang together, Nix?"

And here we go.

"I don't think that's such a great idea."

Her lip curled up as her eyes landed on me for a second. "Is this about...you know what, never mind. Just call me when you're free."

He sighed loudly. "I'm not trying to be rude, Lyssa, but I'm not looking to hang out with you."

"You're kidding? Don't be so fucking stupid," She lashed out. "You know my number, so when you decide to take your head out of your ass, you know where I'll be." I felt her eyes nearly pierce through me before Phoenix stepped between us. "Let's get out of here, Nikki," Alyssa shoved by us, and they stormed out.

Now that's the first time I have ever seen her angry and not smiling at me. It was kind of scary, honestly.

"Looks like Nikki has been turned down by a guy after all," Chase joked as we all looked to him in silence in this severely awkward moment before softly laughing.

"You good, Ry?" Nix asked in concern.

He sat there, shaking his head before Ty came back out of nowhere. "Chase, we're leaving."

"Now?" He looked confused.

"Yes," Ty spoke through gritted teeth.

"Okay then...thanks for having us. See you guys around. Later, Scar," His eyes landed on me.

"Bye, Chase."

They both made their exit with haste.

"Thank god," Pheonix said under his breath.

I smirked. "I heard that."

He raised his brows. "Heard what?" I shook my head, chuckling.

Ryder got up, looking at the ground like he was lost in his own world. "I'll be back."

Luke yawned, stretching on the couch. "I'm tired as hell. I think that's been enough excitement for one day...too much." He stood up before saying goodnight and wobbling away.

"Want to go watch a movie at my place?" Jackson asked Destiny.

She smiled sweetly. "Sounds good to me. You mind giving me a ride home later?"

"Of course."

They both got up, stopping by us. "It was good to see you all. Sorry about Nikki...she has always been a little much, but I promise I'm not like that," She spoke genuinely.

I gave her a half-smile. "Thank goodness for that."

She started to walk out as Jackson leaned over to Phoenix, whispering to him. "Don't you dare come home right away."

Nix laughed. "That's fine. I got plans anyway."

Jackson wiggled his brows before he walked away with Destiny. I shook my head, smiling.

Mia came up to us. "Alright, I'm going to go find Lily and see what's up. Ty didn't look too happy."

Phoenix nodded. "Yeah, that didn't look good."

Mia smiled softly at me before hugging me. "What was that for?" I looked at her, curiously.

"Oh, no reason," She hugged Nix too.

"Okay, weirdo," He said, letting out a chuckle. She didn't say anything else but made her way out, leaving just us two.

Phoenix slid his arm around my waist. "Well, that was a shit show."

"It really was."

"What do you think got Lily all bent out of shape?"

I turned around, placing my hands on his chest. "I don't know. She didn't like Nikki from the get-go. Maybe just an instinct?"

He nodded, looking down at me. "I could have sworn Nikki wasn't that big of a bitch in high school."

"I didn't know really know her, but it doesn't matter because...well...now she is one."

"True. Hey, I'm sorry about Alyssa coming here, making you uncomfortable, and causing trouble," The palm of his hand rested against my cheek.

I smiled up at him softly. "It's okay. I'm just glad she is gone and a little surprised you were so blunt."

"Why? She doesn't need to think that I'm waiting to spend time with her. I got someone else I want to spend every second with this summer."

My cheeks heated up at his words. "She must be special."

The most handsome grin formed on his lips. "You have no idea."

He leaned down as he placed a short but sweet kiss on my lips. I pulled away with a smile. "So, what are these plans you have tonight, Mr. Zeller?"

"I was thinking of a late-night stroll with my girl. Maybe we could stop by the pond and watch the stars?"

"Yes, please," I laid my head on his chest, listening to one of my favorite sounds in the world...the beating of his heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 106 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...
1.4M 40.9K 47
He's a legacy at UNI, and he can have any girl he wants. Dylan 'D' Darcy is used to getting what he wants. He has money, status and looks. His famil...
64.2K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...