Gone || IwaOi COMPLETE

By minminoikawa

"What...what happened to you?!" "You promised you would never leave....and then you were gone." Oikawa Tooru... More

BEFORE WE START
Poor Decisions
Team or Friends?
Oh No
Memories of What We Were
The Way He Looks at You
A Roller Coaster of Emotions
A White Lie
Emotions in the Starlight
I'm here
Coffee Shop Boyfriends

I love you

736 31 42
By minminoikawa

Iwaizumi's POV

Three consecutive months of physical and mental therapy later, Oikawa was playing at the best he had in years, jumping higher, diving more, and sprinting faster. His smile was as bright as ever, filling up the entire room with warmth. He ran around in circles for a while, Hinata and Bokuto chasing him relentlessly. I smiled to myself, truly proud of how far he had come.

"Iwa-Chan catch!" He exclaimed, running towards me at full speed. I dropped my clipboard without hesitation, bracing for impact as he, quite literally, jumped into my arms I wrapped my arms under his legs, trying to make sure he didn't fall, "Iwa-Chan you've gotten so strong I can't believe it!"

"Oh shut up Shittykawa." I insisted, "I'm just as strong as I was a month ago."

He let out a chuckle that gave me butterflies. He pulled back, looking me in the eyes with a grin as wide as the earth. He squeezed his eyes shut, connecting our lips like he was touch-deprived. He cupped my face in his hands, pulling me closer so that our noses smashed together.

"HOLEY SHIT ARE YOU SEEIN' THIS HINATA?!" I heard Bokuto shout from behind the gorgeous brunet in my arms.

"I knew it!" I heard the human tangerine claim, seemingly as happy as I was.

Oikawa broke the kiss, resting his forehead on mine, "Thank you, Hajime. I feel so much better. I'm so happy."

"That's all I ever wanted," I whispered, "For you to be happy."

He smiled, giving me a quick peck on the lips before running back out to practice. The coach approached me, with no anger or hostility in his presence. Please don't let me lose my job...

"So how long has that been going on?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in my direction.

"Well, it's nothing official yet, Sir." I responded, picking up my clipboard before folding my hand behind my back, "We were childhood best friends. I never realized how I truly felt about him until a few months ago. He felt the same but he wasn't in the right mindset for a relationship. I helped him with physical therapy for his knee, now he's a lot happier. I think he's finally ready. I plan on asking him tonight."

"I had no idea you two were so close." He admitted, "I guess I never really thought about the way he gravitated to you."

"He's my best friend, and so so much more." A soft smile made its way to lips Oikawa had kissed. I thought about the nights he cried in my arms, depression taking ahold of his thoughts. He had come a long way, a very long way. I was beyond proud of him, "We live together, as well."

"Interesting." He replied, stroking his greying beard with his hand, "Don't worry about your position. My husband would chew me out if I fired you."

I looked at him for a moment, shock plainly was written on my face, "Thank you, sir. I appreciate it."

He pated me harshly on the back, chuckling to himself as he walked back to his usual standing place. Practice went on, as usual, the team performing just like they would in a tournament. Oikawa's face was fierce, and a little attractive. Okay very attractive. I talked through work out plans like always with the team members, customizing diets, and fitness routines for their desired body types.

Practice finished, Oikawa wrapping his arms around me with content, "Iwa-Chan I'm hungryyyy"

"Let's go get some milk bread and sushi," I suggested, pushing his sweaty hair out of his face before dabbing a towel on his forehead.

"That sounds like a really good idea!" He happily agreed.

"Maybe we could go see the stars again?" I rubbed the back of my neck, hoping he wasn't too tired. I wanted tonight to go as planned.

"I always knew you were a romantic Hajime~" He teased, smiling with a small giggle.

"Oh, cork it Tooru." I scoffed.

The walk to the car was quiet, my nerves getting the better of my ontop of there not being much to talk about. I opened his door for him, avoiding eye contact by looking at the ground. By the time I had gone around the car to get in the driver's seat, he had already leaned across and locked my door. I rolled my eyes playfully, flipping him the bird to which he responded by sticking out his tongue and pulling his bottom eyelid own. "Come on Oikawa."

"No!" He insisted, crossing his arms playfully in front of his chest.

"Oikawa!!" I persisted, tugging at the handle uselessly, "Come on!"

He pouted, shaking his head aggressively, "Wrong name!"

"Wrong name?" I muttered to myself, not realizing what he meant at first, "Can you open the door please, Tooru?"

He reached over once again, unlocking the door before pushing it open for me, "You called me Tooru in the gym but changed it back when we got out here..."

The subtle pout on his face was almost too cute to handle, showing that I really was close enough to him to affect his moods, "I'm sorry." I said, gently rubbing his thigh, "Ready to go?"

"Yup!" He smiled, sitting up properly in his seat. I placed my hand on the gear shift like I always did, although something was different this time. Oikawa's hand found its place on top of mine, the brunet smiling softly to himself. He hummed along to the radio, somewhere off in his own world. He barely took notice when I stopped at the convenience store to pick up our dinner for the night. The drive to the hilltop was calm, almost like he was asleep. He was just perfectly content with the way everything was going at this point in his life. I got out of the car first, popping the trunk where a blanket and throw pillows were already laid out, I made sure to plan in advance. I rushed around to his door, opening it before he had the chance to do it himself.

"Why are you being so chivalrous Hajime?" He questioned, seemingly suspicious of my kindness.

"Am I not allowed to be nice to you?" I asked, attempting to throw off any suspicion he may have had.

"You usually pick on me," He responded, "Calling me Shittykawa and such."

"I feel like being nice for once." I admitted, "It might not last very long so take it while you can."

We climbed into the trunk, sitting comfortably as we watched the sun's golden rays finally set over the gorgeous Tokyo landscape. He rested his head in the crook of my neck as we ate, occasionally blowing on my ear just to be a menace. For some reason, I found it endearing. We watched the stars twinkle in the sky like they were the only thing we've ever known.

"So when are you gonna say it?" He finally spoke, seeing right through my poor disguise.

I let out a nervous chuckle, pulling him closer to my own body, "I love you, Shittykawa."

"So mean, Iwa-Chan." He gently replied, "But I love you none the less."

I moved out from under him, sitting face to face. I swallowed the lump in my throat, mustering up the last bit of courage I needed, "Will you be my boyfriend Tooru? I mean if you're ready of course."

He closed the distance between us, sealing our fate with another sweet kiss that tasted oddly like milk bread. He pushed me backward, laying his head on my chest as he wrapped his arms around me, "I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life, Hajime. Of course, I'll be your boyfriend."

I ran my hand through his hair, smiling like any girl who looked his way in high school. The Tooru Oikawa was my boyfriend, finally. I may not have realized it, but I had been waiting for this since our third year of middle school. Oikawa was all I ever thought about, I just assumed it was because he was my best friend, but he was so so much more. "Tooru?"

"Yes, Hajime?" He replied, sleep beginning to take hold of his beautiful voice.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" That question had been ringing in my head for a while now.

"I do," I felt him smile against my chest, that warm fluttery feeling taking a hold of me. But now I knew what it was. It was butterflies.

"I think you're my soulmate," I admitted, trying my hardest not to seem nervous, "Do you think I'm yours?"

"I've never seriously seen myself with anyone other than you," He assured me, "I've known I've loved you since we were kids. When I notice you start to blush around me or worry about me, I felt so happy I could cry. I don't think you're my soulmate. I know you are."

I pulled him up to kissing level, staying in that romantic gesture for as long as I could, "Akaashi wants all the coupled to meet up tomorrow at the cafe at about two. Wanna go?"

"Of course!" He smiled, "I get to spend time with my Iwa-Chan and my friends!" 

"And I get to spend time with my space nerd and our friends." I kissed him on the top of the head before we packed up and made our way home. He waddled to the bedroom, cuddling all night long. Nothing could get better than this.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading the second to last chapter of Gone! I feel like there is not much left to explore in this book, that's why the next chapter will be the finale. It's bittersweet for me. This book helped me cope with my very own depression so it has a special place in my heart. The next chapter will be very heartwarming and happy. I hope you all have enjoyed it so far, and as always, remember to drink water and eat well. Love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 902 30
After a big rift in high school, Hajime Iwaizumi and Tōru Oikawa thought their friendship was permanently broken. For the rest of their teenage years...
59.6K 1.6K 28
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] ❝𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚? ❞ ❝𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙪𝙩...
176 3 9
Tooru Oikawa, the charismatic volleyball captain, and Y/n, an average student with an inexplicably popular charm. Despite their clashing personaliti...
165K 4.5K 32
EDIT: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 15 IM SORRY IDK WHAT I WAS THINKING 💀💀💀 16+ you're added to the sejoh gc by your best friend Oikawa. And you have so...