son amour - j. potter

By dracomalfoyslils1ut

The Marauders. They're not just friends, they're family. Padfoot, Prongs, Moony, and Vixen. The fourth Marau... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
epilogue
lucille

sixteen

15K 389 127
By dracomalfoyslils1ut

The rest of the day passed quickly as the four of us began scheming. It was pretty simple really, we were already planning to go out on New Year's eve, and were planning to keep our heads down-, much to Sirius's disagreement. Now, we were going to be sure to be seen.

James and I, at least.

Remus was not a fan of this idea, but Sirius was more than happy to oblige and make a scene. He always was good at making his presence known, so was James.

The afternoon of New Year's eve, we all took naps and Pepper-Up potions so we could stay out the whole night.

I was standing in the bathroom, my hair was wrapped up in a towel and I had my robe on.

James came walking into the bathroom, wrapping his arms around me as he pulled me into a hug from behind. He kissed my jaw as I leaned into his embrace.

"Hello, love." I smiled as I watched the two of us in the mirror.

He kissed me on the neck, "Hello, sweetheart."

"Are you going to get ready?"

"Not yet," James replied, "I'll just throw some clothes on."

I turned around to look at him, leaning against the counter, "Are you going to do your hair?"

James yanked the towel off my head, pulling my hair.

"Oi!"

He laughed, "My hair is perfect, as usual."

"Of course it is, dear."

James kissed me again, trailing his lips down my neck.

There was a loud thudding as Sirius ran into the bathroom, leaning against the doorframe with a sigh.

James turned and glared at Sirius for interrupting.

"Vixen!" Sirius looked at James and me, "Well, sorry for interrupting, but this is an emergency."

I wiggled my way out of  James' grasp as I turned my full attention to Sirius. I pushed my damp hair out of my face, "What's wrong?"

"I need your opinion on if my outfit is muggle enough." Sirius exclaimed.

James sighed and leaned against the bathroom counter. I placed a kiss on his cheek, "Be right back."

Sirius stuck his tongue out, "Got your girl, Prongs."

I smacked Sirius on the head, "I'm not anyone's girl."

"That's my girl-, shit-, you know what I mean!" James exclaimed, a single curl brushing over his brow bone.

"Well, I am your girl."

James stuck his tongue out as I practically dragged Sirius out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

"You realize that I have to get ready?" I teased.

"Yes, you should brush your hair before it dries weird." Sirius muttered, opening the door to his bedroom.

He grabbed his wand from his dresser, "Straight or curled?"

"Surprise me."

With the wave of his wand, my blonde hair dried into soft ringlet curls, stopping just below my collarbone.

"Thanks, Padfoot."

Remus was sitting on their bed, reading a book. His honey-brown eyes met mine as Sirius and I walked into the room, obnoxiously loud.

"We're going to a wizard neighborhood, so you don't have to wear muggle clothes."

Sirius rustled through the wardrobe as he pulled out his outfit. "Oh, I know, but I still want to look like the baddest bitch there."

I met Remus's eyes once again. He was rolling his eyes at his boyfriend, but we all know that Remus adores Sirius, even if he is a bigger drama queen than James.

He laid his outfit out on the bed, pushing Remus's legs out of the way.

Black jeans, a leather jacket, Doc Marten's, and a white button-up shirt.

"Is this good?"

I looked up at Sirius was a grin, "Of course it is, you'll look like the baddest bitch there."

"Obviously, I just needed validation."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Why didn't you ask Moony?"

"Oh, I did."

Sirius and I both looked at Remus, who was still sprawled out on their bed, intently reading.

Remus looked up at us, "What? I didn't think you'd want my fashion advice."

He gestured to his outfit, which was still his pajamas from last night, despite it being six in the evening.

"I think you dress nice," I affirmed, "Like a dad. Moomy and Dadfoot."

"Hmm, I think it."

"Why thank you, Dadfoot."

Remus rolled his eyes, "Why are you getting ready this early?"

"Because fashion doesn't run on a schedule." Sirius muttered, rummaging through the closet once more.

"DAPHNEEE."

I rolled my eyes.

James.

His voice-, no his yell, echoed through the house.

I turned to the two Marauders, "That would be my cue, see you soon."

Remus saluted me on the way out the door, "Use protection, I'm too young to be a godfather."

I flipped him off on my way down the stairs.

James was in our bedroom, sitting on the bed when I walked in. He had the Daily Prophet in his hands and was casually laying on our bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I entered the room.

Without looking up at me, he spoke. "Nothing, I just missed you."

I laid down next to him, laying my head on his chest. His heart was beating steady, and he moved with every breath.

"Of course you did," I teased, "I mean-, look at me."

James laughed, "Yeah, yeah, you're absolutely gorgeous, but we already knew that."

I laughed, propping myself up to look at him better. There were a million things that I could say right now, and James seemed to be holding his breath in anticipation of my next few words.

"We should get ready." I mumbled.

James sighed, "I guess we should."

I kissed him softly on the lips, before climbing off of the bed and walking over to the wardrobe.

My eyes scanned the selection of clothes that I had brought, looking for the perfect thing to wear. It wasn't that cold out, and the club would be warm once we were inside. Plus, we could Floo almost all of the way there.

I ran my fingers across the hangers before stopping them.

Perfect.

• • • • •

I took one last look in the mirror before scurrying down the stairs, practically bumping into Remus.

"Oi-, you're gonna take me out."

I steadied myself, gripping Remus's shoulders, "Sorry, I'm a bit nervous. Knowing Rita, I'll be in the paper before I even wake up tomorrow morning."

Remus laughed, "You will, but it'll be fine."

He looked up and down at my outfit, "How were you going full speed down the stairs in those."

I looked down at my shoes.

My outfit consisted of tall, high heeled, black boots, a fitted gold mini dress, and my curled hair. I had a black fur coat slung over my arm, but I doubted that I would need it.

"Have you met my mother? She would always bitch at Bea and me to learn how to walk, dance, run, basically do anything-, in high heels. That woman is insane." I laughed as Remus and I descended the stairs into the foyer.

Remus laughed, "Your mum is amazing."

"She's psychotic."

When we walked into the kitchen, James and Sirius were in the kitchen 'pre-gaming' for the holiday.

They were both filling their flasks with firewhiskey while taking the occasional sip from the bottles.

I walked over to them and pulled out my flask. It was gold with my initials engraved, D.J.B.

"Fill me up, boys." I laughed as I sat on James' lap-, simply to get a reaction out of him.

Remus was stifling a laugh, and Sirius was too preoccupied with his flask. He was trying to make it so it could carry more alcohol but stay the same size that it was.

I kissed James on the cheek, holding my flask out to him.

James leaned in, tucking my curls behind my ear. He whispered, "Is that really what you want?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Maybe-, but I do want you to fill my flask please."

"Anything for you, love."

James filled my flask with firewhiskey, and I pocketed it back in my dress.

"I love that dress." James muttered as I stood up from his lap, going to talk to Remus.

Sirius cleared his throat, "Prongs, I heard that."

James stuck his tongue out.

"Shall we get going?" Remus asked, helping me get my coat on.

"Yup." The three of us chimed in response.

The four of us walked into the living room, ready to tap into the Floo Network.

"Okay, so it will be Rue Magique." I announced, grabbing a handful of Floo powder.

James scoffed, "Such a subtle name for a street filled with wizards."

I stepped into the fireplace, "Rue Magique!"

The last thing I saw before the world began to twist around me was my three best friends laughing at each other.

I landed softly, stepping out of the fireplace quickly.

The street was lit up with neon signs and street lights, illuminating the darkness of the December night.

There was a CRACK, and Remus stepped out of the fireplace, wiping nonexistent soot off of his jacket.

He looked around, "So this is Magic Street? It looks just like any other street."

"Glamour, hidden storefronts like St. Mungo's."

There was another CRACK, and this time Sirius stepped out, straightening his new leather jacket.

A few seconds later, James stepped out of the fireplace and joined the three of us on the street.

Wizards and witches were walking around, some dressed in muggle clothing, others dressed in robes and pointed hats.

The street was crawling with people, some of whom had cameras-, and weren't very subtle about it.

James extended his hand to me, and I took it, intertwining our fingers together. I leaned in and kissed him, letting our lips linger for a bit before Sirius was threatening to turn into a dog and bite us.

"They're just trying to clear things up," Remus said as we began our short walk to the club, "So people don't think that you're a gold digger."

Sirius huffed, "It's a hard life when you're a sexy mother fucker."

The three of us laughed at this, while Sirius smirked proudly.

We walked two blocks east before we came upon the club entrance. From the outside, it looked like a beat down bar. The illuminated sign was half burnt out, and the windows were dirty.

However, as soon as we stepped inside, it was like we were transported to a whole different place.

The room was dark, illuminated only by neon-colored lights that were strung across the ceiling. Drinks were flying around overhead as they flew from the crowd of people to the bar.

The music was loud, and people pressed their bodies together as they danced.

Sirius's eyes widened, "They are playing the best music!"

He grabbed Remus by the hand and dragged him into the crowd.

James looked at me, "Would you care to dance, Miss Beaufort?"

I took his hand and pulled him to the dance floor, grouping together with Remus and Sirius, the latter loudly singing along to the music.

You're in the mood for dance

And when you get the chance

You are the dancing queen

Young and sweet

Only seventeen

I sang loudly with the music, wrapping arms around James' neck as we danced, our bodies pressed together in the crowd.

Lily Evans was a big fan of Abba and got Sirius and I hooked. Now, James loves it, and Remus "tolerates" it, but we all know he secretly loves Abba.

Sirius disappeared, only to return with four shots of firewhiskey, despite having full flasks.

We downed the shots, and as the alcohol entered my body I felt more and more comfortable. I was just a teenager, with my boyfriend, dancing on New Year's eve.

The music never slowed as midnight neared closer. Even Remus was dancing to the music, despite stopping after two shots.

James and I were pressed together, my arms around his neck, and his hands on my hips, pulling me into his warm body.

We danced the night away until the music was turned down as the countdown to the new year began.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Everyone cheered as the clock struck zero. People began kissing, and I saw Remus cup Sirius's face and kiss him.

James pulled me in and kissed me hard, his hands still gripping my waist. He tasted of firewhiskey and desire.

The music was turned back up, and James and I broke away from our kiss.

We danced until we dropped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279 8 9
"ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴘʟɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴꜱ. ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜꜱ. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀꜱ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴ." ...
280K 6.9K 38
Skylar Potter, sister of James Potter. They're in the same year, but he's a whopping ten months older. James is the favorite. He's older, better at...
93.5K 2K 35
James Sirius Potter has found love? After his girlfriend breaks up with him will James befriend longtime enemy Jillian Gillespie? Or even fall in lov...
3.3K 56 68
As Sirius grew up, he not only had to battle the growing disappointment his parents had brewing for him, but also the odd dance that fired in his sto...