Destiny | Bucky Barnes [2]

By HannahDottier

"This plan is crazy." "It could be worse." "It's based on a movie!" ... More

Destiny
Graphics
Playlist and Trailer
Prolouge
Act 3
01|Lost Family
02|Aftermath of Sokovia
03|Royalty Friendship
04|Chained Fear
05|My Dear Soldier
06|My Princess
07|Safe Heaven
08|Building a Home
09|Sibling Reunion
10|Family Secrets
11|A Brother needs his Sister
12|Forgiveness is her Armour
13|They are my Brothers
14|Long Lost
15|The Devil's Anus
16|Get Help
17|Dragonrider
18|The Fall of Asgard
Act 4
19|Then There Were Two
20|Pirate Angel Parents
21|Frigga's Daggers
Endgame poster
23|Even Hope Fractures
24|Vili's Legacy
25|We're No Longer Avengers
26|We All Have Missions
27|Home Is The Same But I'm Not
28|The Halls of Valhalla
29|My Sunshine & My Soldier

22|A Dusty Kiss of Death

1.8K 50 56
By HannahDottier

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"How terrible it is to love something
death can touch."
~Unknown
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The four Asgardians, Ethan, Rocket, Groot and Nidhogg teleported to Wakanda after Freya figured out where the large fight was taking place.

Thor threw Sortmbreaker out of the Bifrost, probably killing some of Thanos' people. The Bifrost left the group before Rocket jumped off Freya's shoulders.

"You guys are so screwed now!!" Bruce exclaimed, happy to see his friends alive and well.

"You or me first Ghost?" Thor looked down at Freya "After you, Feathers." She nodded encouragingly as Thor took a breath before he started running forward "Bring me Thanos!" He flew up into the sky, lightning surrounded him before he landed.

Freya took off in the air as Nidhogg turned into his large size before she mounted him. They flew towards the army of Thanos "Fire."

Nidhogg breathed fire and destroyed many of the Black Order. The dragon fire melted them and their weapons. The people of Wakanda and their allies ran forward, new found hope in them. Freya flew over towards the back of the Outriders army, where it was safe to say she wouldn't harm any of her friends and allies.

"They are fucking amazing," Ethan said dreamy, his eyes looking at Thor and Freya as if her were in love.

"I'll leave you to it," Freya whispered in Nidhogg's ear as she leaned forward, the black and red dragon growled as if telling her to go. Freya swung her leg over the dragon's neck, so she was sitting sideways on the scaly neck. She looked down before she jumped off, falling down, her fist smacking into the muddy floor, sending out a telekinetic wave. Freya grabbed one of her daggers, twirling it in her hand before she spun backwards and killed an Outrider.

Freya used the momentum to jump over the Outrider, her dagger still embedded in it's chest. She reached for her other dagger to cut down the Outriders that had gathered behind.

Nanna flipped her head up, her hair getting out of her face. Her fingers wrapped out Dragonfang as she pulled it back, slashing it through the sky so she held it parallel to her face.

"New haircut?" Steve panted as he looked at Thor who grinned "Notice you've copied my beard." Steve nodded weakly as he gestured at his own face with his shield-covered hand. Nanna slashed an Outrider while Groot impaled three with his arm "By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree. And that is my wife, Nanna." Thor pointed at Groot and Nanna "I am Groot!" Groot snarled in battle mode "I... I am Steve Rogers," Steve panted.

"Hey-" Nanna turned to look at Steve as her eyes widened "Steve?" She frowned as the man recognised her "Nanna?" Thor looked from his friend to his wife, confused "Look at that, I seem to have kissed one of the Avengers, married another. Now I just have to kill one." Nanna smirked as Thor looked more confused.

"Freya." Said woman turned around, to be met with a warm embrace "Bucky." She pulled away and they shared a loving kiss, Freya keeping the other aliens at bay with her telekinesis. They pulled away, leaning their foreheads against each other "Are you alright?" Bucky whispered as he pulled back "Yes. You?" Freya nodded softly, looking up "A raccoon just asked how much my gun was and how much my arm....then this kid started gushing about how he was going to copy my hair....I have no idea what's going on." He smiled "Typical Rocket and Ethan. I shall explain later." The couple turned back to back as Bucky started firing at the Outriders while Freya used her daggers.

A low rumbling was heard under the ground, slowly heading towards them. When the disturbance reached the edge of the trees, it turned into various vast moving mounds of earth that easily bypassed the force field of Wakanda. Gigantic wheels with spikes came out from the ground, it was clear that those things only had one goal, destroy everything in it's path.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" T'Challa commanded, not wanting his people to be fighting something that was impossible to fight.

Rhody, Luciana and Sam flew towards the wheels, using their firepower to try and destroy the wheels. Freya quickly teleported back onto Nidhogg "Focus that fire on the left flank, Sam, Luci," Rhody instructed "I'm doing it," Sam groaned as he kept on firing at the wheel "Okay," Luciana replied, firing explosive arrows at the wheels.

"Might want to step back a little," Freya warned as Nidhogg breathed fire on the side of the wheel, effectively destroying it. But it hadn't only been the dragon fire, it had been the firepower of the four Avengers. That scared Freya, Thanos had made sure all his weapons and ships were made of the most dragon fire proof metal there was. Thanos knew Freya's powers better than she knew them herself.

Freya saw Natasha and Oyoke stand before multiple of the wheels, maybe four, accepting their fate. Freya quickly jumped off of Nidhogg and caught the wheels as best she could, but her energy was draining. Wanda landed next to Freya, the two women shared a look, no words needed. Wanda's eyes started glowing red as she and Freya mirrored each other's movements, each picking up two wheels. Wanda glanced back and threw her wheels at a group of Outriders that had surrounded them while Freya pushed hers forward in two diagonal lines, so they would eventually hit each other and thus end up in destruction.

"Why was she up there all this time?" Oyoke asked amazed, as she referred to Wanda.

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here," Sam called before he was tackled down "Somebody get to Vision!" Steve shouted "I got him!" Bruce flew off in the Hulkbuster suit towards where Vision should be "On my way," Wanda announced before she was tackled by Proxima "He'll die alone. As will you," The woman hissed.

"She's not alone." Natasha looked at Proxima, who turned to look at Oyoke who turned her spear and gave a nod to Natasha. Freya looked over her shoulder at her three friends fighting, while she destroyed some more wheels.

"Guys! Vision needs backup now!" Bruce groaned.

Freya threw a dagger at the Outsider that had overpowered T'Challa before she retrieved it with her telekinesis. Freya ran over to the trench where her three friends and Luciana were fighting a woman that was partly guilty to Loki's death. Something deep awoke inside Freya, and it scared her while it also made her seem powerful. Revenge. She wanted revenge on the woman who had held a blade to her throat and made her watch Loki's neck being snapped.

Proxima alternated heavy blows between her three opponents, but all four of them ducked as a single wheel tore overhead, the ditch spared them most of the danger from the wheel-blades. Freya quickly flicked the wheel against another one as Proxima used the distraction to kick Natasha in the face, successfully throwing her to the ground.
Freya looked back at her friends, only to find Natasha on the floor, being restrained by Proxima who was trying to stab Natasha. As the edge started to dig into the Black Widow's neck anyway, Luciana shot a net arrow at Proxima. Proxima was pinned to the ground. Freya jumped into the trench and grabbed Proxima with her telekinesis and pulled the woman towards her.

Freya's left hand took ahold of Proxima's hair and pulled her face up, exposing the woman's neck. Freya unsheathed her dagger and pressed it to the woman's neck as she leaned down to whisper in her ear "This is for my people and for my brother." Freya pulled back before she slit Proxima's throat. That was the first time Freya Odinsdottir had taken pure revenge. She had to kill Proxima to save Natasha, but never would she have told Proxima why she would have, Freya wouldn't even have thought that.

"That was really gross," Natasha panted as she lushed herself up, wiping some blue blood from her face. Oyoke, Wanda and Freya each taking a few minutes to catch their breaths as well before they went to help Vision.

Wanda flew up before Freya looked at Oyoke and Natahsa, taking off. Luciana flapped her wings, following her two heroes into the sky.

Wanda landed seconds before the three older women and immediately rushed over to Vision "Are you okay? What? What is it?" Freya didn't need to know the answer, she knew it herself. Thanos had arrived. Destiny would come, and the only way to stop him would be by sacrificing someone "He's here."

The wind picked up slightly, the atmosphere turning eerie and dangerous almost "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming," Steve announced over the comms.

Blue black clouds emerged out of thin air. A portal that was created by the Space Stone "What the hell?" Natasha half closed her eyes as she looked at the portal "Cap. That's him," Bruce confirmed "Eyes up. Stay sharp."

Bruce reached Thanos first, and he lunged forward fist first, but Thanos used the Space Stone on him, rendering him immaterial until the Hulkbuster was partly buried in the stone of the cliff behind him. Which would keep Bruce from interfering again.

Freya made a shield around Wanda and Vision. As Steve ran forward, only to be sent flying by the purple energy from the Power Stone before he even got to strike a single blow. T'Challa rushed forward, his armour fully charged kinetically, he leaped high and with claws extended, but was easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground. Which made his armor discharging violently. Falcon stooped in, strafing with both Steyr pistols, but was taken down when his wings became rubbery and unable to sustain his flight.

"Wanda. It's time." Vision whispered and Freya did her best not to listen in, instead focussing on her attacks on Thanos that seemed pointless. Instead she made eye contact with the young Luciana.

Both females looked at each other before Luciana nodded and charged forward.

"No."

"They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the Stone."

"Don't..."

"You must do it. Wanda, please. We. Are. Out of time."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies."

"It's not fair."

"It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just feel you." While Freya couldn't destroy a Stone, her link with them wouldn't allow her to. If she could, Freya would gladly take her former apprentice's place. She would hate to kill Vision, her friend, but for Wanda it would be much worse.

Luciana gasped as Thanos grabbed her by her legs, pulling her down to the ground. Luciana's head smacked into a stone and she fell unconscious.

War Machine joined the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he used the gauntlet to crush Rhody's armor around him and toss him aside like a rag doll. Bucky ran in firing, and was punched away by the Power Stone. Freya's eyes watered but she kept the shield up.

Okoye threw her spear at Thanos, but the Power Stone stoped it inches from Thanos, before he threw her and it aside while he half buried Natasha under earth and vines.

Groot stabbed his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he broke easily. Nanna jumped from a tree onto Thanos, ready to stab him with Dragonfang, but he also tossed the Valkyrie to the side. Ethan ran up with his blasters, but with a pulse of the Power Stone he too was overpowered.

Freya was the last one left. She ran forward. Thanos clenched his fist at Freya, purple energy shot at Freya as she crossed her arms in an 'x' formation. Slowly but surely she approached the Mad Titan, her feet digging into the dirt. The buzzing in her head immense. The Asgardian suddenly dropped her defences and teleported next to Thanos' left hand, the gauntlet hand.

Freya reached out, grabbing the gold gauntlet. Her instincts made her want to touch the Soul Stone, and so she reached for it. Before her fingers could touch it, Thanos pulled away his hand away from Freya panicked before he punched her to the side. Her back hit a tree, breath leaving her lungs.

A wave of energy surged through the forest as the Mind Stone was destroyed.

"Freya." Bucky pulled himself over the ground towards her "You okay?" He asked as he helped her sit up, Freya nodded weakly. Her energy was drained, the destruction of a Stone so close to her had left her completely shaken and she felt nauseous "You?" Bucky pushed himself to a standing position, pulling Freya up with him "Yeah."

The couple looked towards Thanos, only to see him using the Time Stone to revive Vision. Freya wanted to do something, but she couldn't "No!" Wanda lunged towards Vision and Thanos, but was swatted away like a fly.

Thanos picked up Vision by the throat and lifted him to eye level, and dug the fingers of his right hand into Vision's forehead, digging out the Mind Stone. He pulled it loose, and Vision went limp and turned grey. Thanos tossed the lifeless android aside, before he brought up his gauntlet clad hand up. He slowly moved the Mind Stone over the last empty setting, and dropped it in. The energy surge consumed him for a few seconds and he roared out in pain.

As Thanos studied the completed gauntlet, a massive bolt of lighting struck him. Thor had arrived, his eyes glowing with power. The God of Thunder paused his attack before he raised Stormbreaker above his head and hurled it at the Mad Titan. Thanos fired the combined power of the Infinity Stones against it, but it only created a rainbow like bow, not slowing the ax as it slammed right into Thanos' chest.

"I told you. You'd die for that!" Thor hissed angrily as he took hold of the back of Thanos' head and forced Stormbreaker deeper into his chest, staring angrily into Thanos' eyes while he cried out in pain.

Thor stopped pushing Stormbreaker into the Titan's chest and Thanos looked up to meet Thor's eyes "You should have... gone for the head!" He raised his hand and snapped his fingers.

"NO!"

There was a ringing in Freya's head before her eyes went black for one second. After the one second everything returned to normal. As it seemed.

"What'd you do? WHAT'D YOU DO?!" Thor shouted as Thanos looked around before he raised his burned gauntlet and used the Space Stone to teleport away, leaving Stormbreaker covered in purple blood.

"Where'd he go? Thor where'd he go?" Steve stumbled into the clearing  as he held onto his left side. Freya still held onto Bucky as she looked around "Steve? Freya?" Freya looked at Bucky only to see him starting to turn into dust, he started to stumble a little before he looked at Freya one last time. Then he was gone, in dust.

"I am Groot..." Groot whispered as he slowly turned to dust, Rocket looked over at the tree "No... no. No. No. No! Groot, no..." He pleaded in vain. Wanda turned her head up at the sky as she too turned to dust.

"I don't think this is normal." Nanna muttered as Thor ran over to her, too late. The woman fell forward, in dust.

Ethan watched his hands slowly disintegrated. Luciana meanwhile reached up to feel the blood on her head but found her hand to be gone.

A soft and sad dragon roar escaped from Nidhogg as his wings turned to dust and the dragon started falling down while Freya desperately extended her hand towards Nidhogg before he turned into a complete pile of dust. It didn't stop there, Freya could feel everyone dusting, even those that weren't even on the planet.

Skadi

Jormungandr.

Freya stumbled back, her back hit the hard bark of a tree and she slid down until she was sitting on the floor. One hand rested on her stomach while another hand rested over her mouth as sobs rocked her body. The thoughts of the dusted and the living filled Freya's head.

A/N:
*hides*
I did say there were gonna be some dusting.
Side note: I cried while writing this.

So this is the end of Infinity War, next chapter is already Captain Marvel post credit and the beginning of Endgame...

Sad Post

[Word Count:2794]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.9K 33
Bucky Barnes x Y/N You are Thor and Loki's younger sister, Goddess of Fire. Banned form Asgard after you lost control of your powers, you are sent...
10.2K 510 17
β–ŒΛ'ΰ­­Μ₯ *ೃ ✧ π’π’π’Š. αŽ’γ€” π“›π™°π™³πšˆ π“£π™Έπ™Άπšπ™΄πš‚πš‚ ! 〕 ↳ λ ˆμ΄λ”” 타이 그레슀 ❝ 𝗂 π—π–Ίπ—Œ π’”π’•π’–π’‘π’Šπ’… π—π—ˆ 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 π–Όπ—ˆπ—Ž...
2.1K 35 29
(Originally published in "The Many Adventures of the Avengers and Friends") "No, no, you're missing the point. There is no throne. There is no versio...
44.2K 1.5K 24
Sequel of Rumors of War. Book Two of Five. Set during The Avengers. .β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’.β€’. "That's something else you've missed while being a capscic...