The Possessed Mermaid

Af CrystallSimone

Ondine is a mermaid who is possessed by the darkness of her dead mother. She is sent away to the US given a n... Mere

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
The End

Chapter 7

163 9 2
Af CrystallSimone

Yesterday was my first time not sleeping underwater. It was quite uncomfortable. Not only is it more loud on land, but also I am still not use to my legs yet.

I dragged myself out of bed and saw some black leggings and a white hoodie on my dresser. I assumed Jasmin picked that out for me.

I didn't think I would be going to school on land when I first got here. I have never put on human clothes before, but it was pretty easy. I guess I like human clothes now.

I was not looking forward to go to the bathroom since thats where all of the possessed stuff happens, but I have no choice.

As I was walking down the hall to the bathroom. I wondered, what if I told Jasmin about my dead mom. She probably already knows. My stepmother tells everyone. The only thing that I only know is about the talking to self mirror things.

I brushed my teeth as quick as I could. I combed my tangled curly hair and put it in into a low ponytail. The ghost didn't appear today in the bathroom, that was weird.

I left the bathroom and I smelled something from downstairs. I wonder what Jasmin made. It'll probably taste like plastic again.

I dragged myself down the steps and saw Jasmin smiling sitting at the dining room table.

"Come sit." said Jasmin smiling as she pointed to the chair across from her.

I sat down. She made breakfast again. It was waffles and bacon. Which we do have underwater.

"I made something your familer with." She said.

I took a bite of the waffles, they were quite good.

"It tastes different then the ones underwater." I said.

"Is it okay?" She questioned.

"Yes its fine, good job on not making plastic." I grinned.

I finished in the food in around 10 minutes as I was about to get up. Jasmin said, "Sat back down, we need to talk about somethings."

I sat back down, weirdly I was quite nervous for what she was going to say.

"First of all you have a new name." She said.

"What is it?" I asked confused.

I don't get why I can't keep my own name.

"Your new name is Naomi Brown." said Jasmin.

"What type of last name is Brown!?" I shouted.

"Your mom told me you didn't have many friends at school, so think of this as a new start." She said.

"I don't need friends." I lied.

"Whatever, go to your bus stop. The bus is coming in 5 minutes." said Jasmin.

I grabbed my white backpack and walked out of the house heading to my bus stop. I didn't know where it was, but I saw students around my age a few feet(meters) away.

They were talking and laughing with each other. I tried not to be that close to them. Hopefully they wouldn't notice me.

Moments later, the school bus arrived. I stepped onto it and sat all the way in the back by myself. I assumed this was the last stop because the bus was pretty full and loud. The bus began to move.

This is my first time ever taking a bus to school. We do have busses underwater, but I have always taken a car with a guard. Its kind of weird. I feel more free without a driver.

I hope this day goes well. I do want to make friends, even just one. No one here knows about my past or that I'm possessed. Plus, I think people on land are less judgemental.

We arrived at school two minutes later. I didn't think it was possible for the bus to get louder. All of the students ran off of the bus and I was the last one left.

The schools outside looked like a old castle. The bricks were yellow and there was a decent amount of windows. I walked into of the school and into the noisy halls.

The theme was totally different from the outside. Instead of a old castle theme, its a modern theme. I look at my schedule that has my locker number on it. Right off the bat I found my locker. Its right next to the science room. Pretty close to the entrance as well.

I went to my gray locker. I got some of my supplies and backpack in there. I slammed the locker shut and glanced at my schedule.

My first period was Social Studies, I grabbed a empty yellow notebook and took it with me along with a few orange pencils. The bell rang.

I walked to my first period classroom.

The room had light yellow and white walls. Studenst were sitting at their desks laughing and smiling. The teacher looked at me and I assumed she realized I was the new student based on the face she made.

"Class settle down." She said shushing them.

The class slowly quieted down.

I stood in front of the class and she said, "We have a new student today, will you tell us your name and what city you came from?"

"My name is Naomi and I'm from Los Angeles..." I said.

Some of the students waved at me. Others weren't really paying attention.

"How about you go sit next to Leah." said the teacher.

Leah rasied her hand to show me where she was sitting. I went to go sit by here.

Leah was a Asian girl with dark brown eyes and straight black hair. Her eyes had a narrow shape and her lips were heart shaped. She had pale skin. Leah was wearing blue skinny jeans and a fluffy pink sweater.

"Everyone take out the flash cards and review the words for the quiz with the person next to you." said the teacher.

"Ms. Williams." said a student rasing their hand.

"Yes?" repiled Ms. Williams.

"When is the quiz exactly?" asked the student.

"Oh, its this Friday." reponsed Ms. Williams.

The class suddenly become noisy again. All you could hear were mixtures of different conversations.

"Since you are next to me, we are technically partners." said Leah smiling.

I was very awkward. I didn't know what to say, so I just didn't talk and had my head a little down.

"Are you shy because I am too." said Leah.

"Kind of." I said still looking down awkwardly.

"Its okay, I don't bite." laughed Leah.

She passed me the flash cards with the words.

"Read off a word and I have to guess the definition." said Leah smiling.

I picked out the word, revolution.

"What does revolution mean?" I asked her.

"A forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favor of a new system." said Leah confidently.

"Wow, I'm surprised. How do you remember that?" I asked her in shock.

She giggled a little bit and then repiled, "You just study."

The bell rang and Leah waved to me bye.

I walked out of classroom kind of happy. I haven't had someone be that nice to me since my old best friend. I starting to get hope for this school. Like maybe I will actually make friends.

I walked to my locker to grab my next book for my next class, Math.

Suddenly two girls walked up to me smiling.

"Hello, aren't you the new student?" asked one girl.

"Yes." I said nervously.

"Oh, I'm Camilla!" She said.

"And I'm Bianca!" She said as well.

Camila was a tan girl with large hazel eyes. She was wearing a yellow plaid skirt with a white shirt and black shoes. Her wavy dark brown hair was in a half up and half down style.

Bianca was a little bit lighter than Camila. She had light brown straight hair that she was wearing down. They was wearing almost the exact same outfit as Camila. However, her skirt was plaid pink instead of yellow.

"Want to have lunch with us later? We can tell you more about the school." said Bianca smiling.

"Yes I'll be fun." added Camila smiling.

"Its fine, I'll sit alone." I sighed.

"No come on. We want to get to know you." insisted Bianca.

"Okay fine." I grinned.

They smiled and walked away. I wonder how this lunch will turn out.....

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.8K 170 15
When Jay starts acting suspicious, Sunghoon has no other choice but to follow him and discover his secrets. Except his not really good at following h...
87 1 6
A story similar to a classic fairy tale, but with a major twist ... What if the little mermaid were a deep sea merman instead? And what if the human...
6.3M 195K 31
Do you know what mermaids love? The open water, swimming with their fish friends, laughing all day long.... You know what they hate? Being caught. Es...
973 252 40
β™₯β™₯COMPLETEDβ™₯β™₯ Being out-shadowed by her older sister is one thing. Being out-shadowed by her best friend Paris Hall is another. Welcome to the life a...