Dangerously In a Heartbeat

By imaginarysekai

"You want to die?" "I will even if don't want to. Life is there, so death exists. It's not like we can escape... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: Hollow and Void
Chapter 03: A puppet
Chapter 04: Three Rules
Chapter 05: Who am I, really?
Chapter 06: Saga between the two Mafia.
Chapter 07: Must I break?
Chapter 08: Pretty fingers
Chapter 09: A stranger to me
Chapter 10: An Entrance
Chapter 11: Nathan Santiago
Chapter 12: Forsaken
Chapter 13: Damaged
Chapter 14: Firstborn and the eldest heir
Chapter 15: Fuck, fucking, and fucked
Chapter 16: The Fake
Chapter 17: Son of the Russian Mafia's
Chapter 17: Stepfather
Chapter 18: My Personal Monster

Chapter 02: Insignificant

6.6K 102 19
By imaginarysekai

ɪɴsɪɢɴɪғɪᴄᴀɴᴛ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

Emptiness. It's all I could feel. Why does life have to be so complicated? Why are people so cruel? If my brothers didn't abandon me, will my life be different?

I sigh, knowing that nobody has the intention to give me the answers.

Today, it is an understatement to say I'm in a pretty bad mood. Sarah and Smith beat me up after I woke up gain that I could feel my sore muscles. Yet, they make sure not to leave a single cut on my face. Typical.

"Ms. Smith, would you like to answer this question?" Right this instant, I am in hell. Oh, I mean school. Technically, I am correct.

I leaned into my seat and glared at Mr. Neil. He hesitates for a bit and quickly asks someone else. I glimpsed fear in his eyes for a moment. Students and teachers always keep their distance from me. They're afraid of me. Scared I might end up hurting them after losing control.

In my junior year, this senior guy kept bothering me and touching me, I beat him up so bad he had to use crutches for months. I also beat up a gym teacher and set fire to the school canteen cause seriously, the food there was total crap.

I always put on a strict and fierce facade, hiding the broken little girl inside me. I'll never let anyone see that side of me. Instead, they'll see my other side created by monsters that haunted me and made me into a heartless, bitter, and shallow shell.

Mr. Neil calls out my name and said the principal wanted to see me in a small voice. Raising an eyebrow, I idly walked to the principal's office, trying to remember if I got into trouble this week. As long as I don't get detention, that's fine by me. If I come home late today, they'll beat me up again.

Not bothering to knock, I open the principal's office door with force, and he flinches at the impact. The corner of my lips curls up. I stride towards his desk and took a seat before I was told, pressing my back against the chair nonchalantly.

Someone was behind me. He was walking towards me. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a tall figure sitting next to me. Not bothering to even look at him, I stayed emotionless as usual. However, the stranger's intense gaze on me was unnerving while the principal kept quiet.

Sighing in frustration, I loudly slammed my fists against the desk. "Talk." The principal flinches again and inhales. There was a different kind of fear in his eyes this time. He glances at the stranger sitting beside me.

"Ms. Smith, your father, and mother were murdered today. The police found out a few hours ago. They informed us immediately." The principal's voice hit me like a truck and my pulse fastened. The stranger sitting beside me muttered something under his breath, but I couldn't catch the words.

The same feeling of emptiness crawled inside me and made me whole as I tried to process the information. Then reality hit me. She is finally dead. I am free from her. I would no longer have to endure her harsh words and beating, but who would dare to murder her that easily?

My voice was rough as I questioned, "Who killed them?"

"It is unidentified as of now."

I shook my head, still unable to accept the fact she was dead. She has survived for a long time, and so have I.

I'm going to outlive her, and she's going to haunt me until I die. Her every word, every beating, every bruise on my body, and her every action will haunt me. She is my mother and the nightmare I can't escape, even if she escaped life by death. However, I refuse to be broken by the nightmare that I despise.

I can't feel anything. My heart feels dead and heavy. My head hurts. It's like every emotion inside me is dead, ad somehow with all the empty suffocating feelings, I felt free. I felt free.

"I'll be sent to a Forster care or into an orphanage, right?" I question. Cleaning his throat, the principal glanced at the stranger beside me.

"No The police informed your older brother and he agreed to be your legal guardian."Fury builds up inside me and my fists clench. I could feel my heart squeezing up in my chest and the stinging pain that constantly hurt my heart. How could they? How could he take me in after giving up on me? Why would they want me back thirteen years later?

I should be delighted that I'll finally be reunited with my sister Hailie soon, but she'll hate me for abandoning her just as I hate our brothers for abandoning me.

I faced my brother.

Axel. He had brunette hair, just like mother. His hazel eyes held an unreadable emotion as he stared at me. His lips were pressed into a thin line when he stared at me as if he was thinking about something. Then he gave me a small smile, but I didn't react. I stared blankly into his eyes; maybe he saw something in them. His smile faded.

I loathe my brothers. All of my brothers and my so-called father. They gave up on my sister, Hailie, and me when we were only five. I've never forgotten any of those memories. The day I cried and begged on my knees to let us stay, but they didn't do anything. They just watched as Sarah dragged me out of the house while Hailie was asleep on her shoulder. My sister didn't know that they gave up on us. That day was the day I had to leave the only place I ever felt safe in. Every memory of my childhood hit me like a heavy raindrop

"Hello, Axel." My face was stoic and my eyes were cold. The principal flinched at my low voice, frightened by the harshness in it. Axel's eyes widen and the corner of his lips curled up.

"You remember us?" His voice was a mixture of ache and relief.

A hostile chuckle escaped my lips. "Every fucking single moment." Axel stared at me for a moment. Hurt flashes through his eyes, but I couldn't care less. Staring at my stoic face for a while, he cleared his throat. His eyes were blank and expressionless.

"I'd like to have a private conversation with you." Axel requested, lifting his gaze to the principal.

I excused myself, storming out of the office, and slamming the office door shut. I was angry. Seeing my brother made me aggrieved. It reminded me of my childhood where I was being protected and loved, which got stripped from me. I was bitter about it. The ring of the bells brought me back to the present, and someone crashed into me. Unable to balance my body, my back slammed against the locker. A hiss escaped my lips.

A hand roughly pressed against my shoulder, shoving it against the locker harder. "Watch where you're fucking going, Helen." Florian hissed at me, his dark eyes brimming with mockery. My patience was running out.

Florian Falcon, someone at the top of my to-be-murdered list. He was someone I despise to the very core that I would happily sip whisky, listening to taylor swift while watching him scream as he's skinned alive.

A crowd formed around us, whispering and clicking pictures knowing a fight will occur just as usual. Florian always tried to get on my nerves, being the little tramp he was.

"I heard your parents died. Now who'll protect a slut like you? Everyone abandoned you." I clenched my fists, trying to control my emotions. Florian dips his head next to my ear. "That's why Nathan left you. You're just not worth it."He whispers with a smirk. My nails dug into my skin and I knew it would bleed. Florian knew it would affect me, bringing him up. Everyone at the school knows better than to bring him up, except Florian, since he was Nathan's best friend.

A loud chuckle escaped my lips, breaking the silence in the hallway. Placing my right hand against his neck, I glared at him."Florian, I'll warn you once. Bring him up again and you'll regret it."

His lips curled up, "Remember the night when I heard your screa-" I shoved his face roughly against the lockers.

"Stay within your limits, Florian. Don't mess with me."I whisper.

Taking hold of his hair, I turned him around. I punched him in his jaw and heard a crack. Students gasped while taking photos and recordings. Florian laughs. Blood dripped from the corner of his lips and he rubbed his jaw.

"Nathan only wanted that. He got what he wanted from you and left. God, you are such a pathetic whor-" I was ready to kick him in the ribs, but someone had poured hot espresso coffee all over Florian, and he screamed. I glanced up, taken back to see my brother glaring at Florian in such distaste.

Axel's fierce gaze lifts to me, scanning my face and body to see if I was harmed. The principal was demanding students to head to lunch and cleared the crowd. Axel sighs, pleased that I wasn't harmed.

"What the hell?" Florian hissed, standing up. My brother turned to him with a grim face.

"Apologies." Axel lifts his hand up and Florian flinched."My hands slipped."Axel stared at him in a disturbing way, and Florian shifted, clearly uncomfortable by it.

"It's okay," Florian says. Axel places his hand on Florian's shoulder and Florian tenses.

"As an insignificant person, you shouldn't try so hard to pick on others to appear as significant, Mr.Falcon. It's bad manners." Florian flushed at Axel's words.

"Who are you to give me advice?"Florian mutters. Axel pressed his hand against Florian's neck hard enough for him to hiss in pain and Axel's demeanor shifted. His eyes became unkind and cold.

"I'm her brother, Axel King. I'll remember you, Mr.Falcom." He shoved Florian against the lockers and grabbed my hand, we walked to the exit.

⁀➷

Enjoy!

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the story

ℳ𝒶𝓁 ⟿
🎈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 151 48
A 18 year old girl is in an arranged marriage. Both total opposites or as it seems but at the end of the day they would die each other. They never sa...
338K 10.6K 80
When vengeance strikes in the form of a bullet out for the princess's blood, Princess Aleia VonAuclair must flee the heart of her country in order to...
3.5K 187 34
"She was the lightening and he was the fire that followed. Her anger was clear and precise, his would burn everything to the ground in one foul swoop...
6.2M 184K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...