I Still Love You

By KennedyBarth

Skyler Valentine was in love ten years ago with the man of her dreams, but when she has to leave him forever... More

Prologue
10 Years Later
Noir Rose
Wedding Dresses, Mexico, And A Baby
Dinner But Not A Date
Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate
Just Like That Movie...
Just Like Highschool...
You Can't Choose Your Family
Secret Moving Buddy
The Thing That Never Happened
Flowers, Fights, and Flights
What Happens In Mexico
The Wedding

Those Blue Eyes

502 24 7
By KennedyBarth

Another short weekend has past and now I'm all alone in the clinic doing everything by myself. Caroline got her first baby sickness today so I have to do double the work. The privileges of being pregnant. Caroline and I have never hired anyone else so it kind of sucks when one of us is sick. When Caroline has her baby, I will have to work all the time by myself so I better get use to it. But this is our business and we won't let anyone else come into it and say that they work here.

"It's ok." I try to quiet a little four year old named Brooke who I just gave eye drops to. "It only stings for a bit." I smile sweetly at the little curly brown haired girl, her matching brown eyes water. I roll my chair over to the filing cabinet across the room. I open one of the drawers and pull out a bucket of lollipops. "Here." I pull out a red one. "Do you like red?" She nods timidly. I hand it to her and immediately rips the wrapper off and sticks it in her mouth. I stand up and walk towards the door. "Dentists hate me." I smile at Brooke's mom.

"Thank you so much." She laughs. Brooke wraps her hand around her mother and walks out the door. Usually Caroline would take care of getting the clients glasses if needed. But thank god Brooke didn't need any. I sit back down on my rolling chair and look into my schedule. Its only 10:00, but it has felt like forever. Suddenly a ringing in the other room gets me up from my stool. I quickly place myself into the wooden chair that makes my butt go numb and pick up the loud phone.

"Hello, Bostons Eye Clinic. Dr. Valentine speaking."

"Hey, could I make an appointment for today." A male voice answers. I quickly look over everything I have to do today. I only have four more eye exams today, and then all I have to do is take calls.

"Sure, I could make one for today at noon."

"Sounds good."

"Ok," I smile as though they can see me. I type the appointment into the computer. "And whats your name?"

"Spencer Sterling." Suddenly the phone slip out of my hand and onto the dark wooden desk. My heart starts beating out of my chest. My stomach does somersaults and butterflies start to flutter around in my stomach. Its, Spencer the man that I use to love. The one I thought I would never get over and now I finally did and now he's back... just shoot me now.

"Uh, hello?"Comes out of the phone laying immobile on the desk. It's like the phone has a contagious disease and if I touch it I will die. "Are you there?" I take a deep breath and conquer the deadly illness.

"I'm sorry the phone..." I had to think of a lie, and fast. "Died." There was a short silence.

"Oh ok." He sounds like he is smiling. I stay quiet waiting for him to end this awkward conversation. "I'll see you at noon I guess."

"Ok, bye." I say quickly and slam the phone down. I feel dizzy I put my elbow on the desk and place my head in my hand. I couldn't have told him he couldn't come. Suddenly without thinking I grab the phone again and punch in Carolines number.

"Hello?" A husky voice answered.

"Caroline?" I asked. Someone coughed on the other line.

"Sky?" She says weakly. I nod, thinking she can see me. I'm to dazed to think. "I'm so sick." She coughs again.

"Well..." I pause choosing the right words to say. "Do you have enough strength to come in at like I don't know, noon." Without warning gaging sounds come from the phone.

"Are you kidding me?" She yells as best as she could into the phone. "No."

"Well, you are only pregnant I didn't think you would get this sick."

"Yeah, me too. I think that chinese food I ate was funky."

"Well, I'm not sick." I clarify the obvious.

"Well, you only had vegtables and rice. I think it was the meat." I raise my eyebrows.

"I guess being a vegetarian isn't so bad after all huh?" She coughs again. I think I can feel her contaminated breath in my ear "Ok Caroline, away from the phone please."

"Sorry. But, why do I have to come in anyways." I shrug.

"Because I'm lonely." I lie badly.

I can feel her roll her eyes. "Get over it!" And suddenly the line goes dead. I slowly put the phone down and my head fall onto the desk. It smells like firewood and burning paper. I think I sat there for a good fifteen minutes before I looked up. I flattened my previously straight hair and finished typing in Spencers appointment into the computer. Then suddenly a boisterous cough made me jump ten feet into the air. I look around hastily and then my eyes fall onto an elderly man sitting reading a magazine. It's Mr. Thornton here for his 10:15 eye appointment. I look at the small silver wall clock behind me. It's 10:30.

"Oh my gosh Mr. Thronton I'm so sorry. My life is just crazy." He looks up at me through his reading glasses.

"I can tell." He gives me a knowing smile.

"Thank you Skyler." Mr. Thronton waves good-bye with his new glasses proped primly on his nose. "And Happy early New Year."

"You too Mr. Thronton." I wave back at him. I watch him get into his red truck and drive away.

I roughly look up at the wall clock to see its 11:00. I have a hour before he comes. I rush into Carolines and my office and look at myself in the full length mirror and I stare at my casual look, some dark jeans and a red button-up shirt. I sigh and undo the first three buttons of my shirt to show some cleavage. Then I focus on my hair that sits in the tight bun on the side of my head. I take out the many bobby pins and hair ties that I have used. I run my hand through my light brown hair. I rush over to the filing cabinet and open the bottom drawer. This is me and Carols bad hair day drawer. In the drawer was a curling iron, a straightener, pony tails, clips, and a lot of hairspray. I swiftly grab the straightener and the hairspray and rush back to the mirror. I bend over to plug the straightener in when I see some make-up in my purse. I quickly grab it, I can redo it later. But suddenly something at the bottom of the Coach bag catches my eyes. I reach into the black bag with red stitching and pull out a picture.

My mouth fall open as I see a picture that was taken ten years ago. It was taken in my old house in Calgary. I am wearing a gray strapless dress that flares down to my knees it also has a blood red ribbon that wraps around above my waist, it was my prom dress. My hair is curled and falls over my shoulders, and a red bracelet is on my wrist. I'm laughing at my dad putting bunny ears behind my mom, who is taking the picture. Spencer is wearing a sleek gray tux and a red tie. We matched and we never even planned it. He isn't paying any attention to my dads immature actions, he is just starring at me and smiling, his eyes are ocean blue and they are starring at me lovingly. His hand is around my waist pulling us close together. It has been in my purse ever since I've left, and starring at it makes me remember all of the memories of that night. Like when Spencers best friend Ryan got drunk and tried to get in my pants, and singing Don't Stop Believing by Journey at the top of our lungs not caring about what other people thought of us, and that one slow song Thank You For Loving Me by Bon Jovi , we stood so close together and just swayed and talked for three straight minutes without being interrupted by some drunk guy. I bite my lip, blink away tears and slowly place the picture back onto my bottom of my purse where it belongs. I shouldn't even be thinking about this, I have a boyfriend. My eyes glance at my phone, its 11:15. Great I spent 15 stupid minutes looking at an ancient picture that should just be a fun memory that should be engraved in my head and I will just randomly remember it ever so often and I won't need a picture to remind me of it. I sigh and zip up my purse and plug in the straightener. I turned it on and impatiently waited for it the red light to start blinking. When it did I quickly started fixing my hair.

After fifteen long minutes of doing and re-doing my hair its finally finished. I ruffle it up a little bit and hairspray it into oblivion. Suddenly the bell rings. The bell that tells me and Caroline someone is here. The bell that I blocked out of my head when Mr. Thornton came in. My heart skips a beat, its Spencer. I hesitate at first. Maybe I should pretend I'm not here or something.

"Hello?" The familiar voice asks. Suddenly I feel like I'm going to throw up. I quickly check myself out one more time and then I slowly go to the door and open it.

My mouth falls open. There he is, sitting on one of the waiting chairs with his nose stuck in a magazine. He looks up and his beautiful blue eyes lite up like they did every time he saw me ten years ago. The butterflies in my stomach flutter with excitement. He runs his hands through his perfect light brown hair. He stands up and walks towards me. My heart is pounding out of my chest. What is he going to say?

"Hi, I'm Spencer Sterling I'm here for my appointment." He reaches out his hand to me as if he wants me to shake it. I just stare at him for a few seconds. He doesn't remember me? I look in his eyes for a bit of rememberance, but nothing, just those blue eyes I have been thinking about for the past ten years. I grab his hand and squeeze it tight as if all my memories will transfer into him.

"I'm Dr. Valentine." I say in a formal way. He doesn't need to know my first name, because he should remember what it is!

"Ok, Valentine lets get this show on the road." He lets go of my hand and claps his together.

"Its Dr. Valentine." I mutter as I walk towards the picture room where we take pictures of the clients eyes. Spencer immediately goes to where he is suppose to stand. I begin to walk over to him to adjust the camera, the butterflies not shutting up. But by the time I get there he is already ready to go adjusted and all. I stare at him for a few seconds confused with what just happened.

He look at me through the camera and shruggs.

"I guess I'm a natural."

I wanted to scream 'NOT YOU'RE NOT I TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DO THAT 10 YEARS AGO!' But I stay calm and don't say a word. I just walk over and take the pictures. I take the pictures and see how they turn out. The blue is blinding and I find myself only starring at the familar color that I have missed looking at.

"Do they look good." He suddenly appears beside me.

I nod slowly. "They are perfect." I see him nod in the corner of my eye.

"Do I still need a check up." I turn away from the picture coming face to face with Spencer. Wow, he is tall. I crane my neck to look up at him.

"Yes." I give him a small smile. Suddenly something in his eyes turned on, excitement maybe.

"Ok, lets get going." He walks out of the dark room leaving me behind. He is being very outgoing, he isn't usually like this to new people. Maybe, he does remember. I follow him out of the room to see him waiting for me.

"Whats you name again?"... Never mind.

"Skyler Valentine," I give in and give him my first name, maybe it will jog his memory. "Skyler." I repeat it slowly. He nods in understanding but I don't think he does. He walks in front of me.

"Ok Valentine lets go." A giggle slips through my mouth. I quickly slap my hand over it, hoping he didn't hear it.

"My first name is Skyler." I point out. He turns around looking surprised.

"Oh sorry I thought you were doing the whole James Bond thing." I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "You know, My name is Bond, James Bond." He tries and fails to do a James Bond imitation. I giggle again, and he smiles. At least I know he still has his humour, he didn't forget how to make someone laugh.

"Where am I going anyways." Then I realize we have just been aimlessly wondering around the clinic. I turn around looking for the eye testing room, we walked right past it.

"Right there." I explain and walk in and he follows close behind me. He immediately sits down.

"So," He rubs his hands together evily. "whats first?"

I crack a smile and explain to him that I'm going to do some eyes tests on him and then I will manually look at his eyes.

He passes the test with flying colors I already know he won't need glasses but i can't wait to get up close to those sea blue eyes. Suddenly I face reality. I have a boyfriend I shouldn't be looking lovingly into another guys eyes. What would he say if he just walked in, probably break up with me. This is the first real relationship that I have had with a guy since the guy sitting in front of me.

"Uh, are you going to check my eyes." Spencer interupts my thoughts. I grab my tools and go to work. I stare into his eyes memorzied by the color, they are flawless. No ones eyes are this blue!

"How are they?" He looks at me with a questioning look on his face.

"They are beautiful." I look down at my feet and mutter.

"Sorry?"

"They look great." I look up at him and smile sadly. I wish he remembered.

He smiles. "Ok, good. I look terrible in glasses." He couldn't look terrible in anything.

"You can go now I guess." I look back down at my red high heels. He hesitates but stands up from the chair and starts to leave.

"Thanks." He turns around and waves.

"Your welcome." I watch him leave and then I sit down on my rolling chair. I put my elbow on the counter and my head in my hand and sigh. "I can't believe you don't remember."

Suddenly I let out a scream and something spins my chair around. It's Spencer, quickly he puts his two warm hands on both sides of my face and kisses me with passion right on my lips. The butterflies went wild and my stomach did somersaults My eyes widen in surprise. He pulls away after five long, seconds. And looks me right in the eye, I start to drown.

"Of course I remember." He drops his hands and rushes out of the room.

*******************************************************************************************

:) This is a big chapter but its not really long.... I couldn't think of anythign else to put in it. But I'm so sorry it took me so long to upload! please vote! And comment! If you become my fan I will read ur story and comment and vote and maybe become a fan :)

oh my gosh today i found out I won the Eileen Cook contest along with 9 other lucky people haha i laughed :)

I hope you liked this chapter if you have facebook could you like this and could you like me: Lucygoosey on facebook I made myself a page so it would awesome awesome if you could do that >this is the link>>>> http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Lucygoosey-Wattpad/184045271628501?created

thank you so much I love you all!!!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 368 27
~~~ #11/227 - #drspencerreid ~~~ ~~~ #7 - #gublernation ~~~ Dr. Spencer Reid meets Elyse Mouret, an auburn haired woman who leaves him breathless. E...
1.1K 142 21
Sky's life is turned upside down when she starts to date Blake, the boy of her dreams since 7th grade, but ends up kissing her new co-worker and frie...
154K 9.9K 53
a story where her inspiration becomes her crush... where her crush becomes her love...where her love becomes her life...
367K 9.1K 30
Skyler grew up watching her father beat her mother senseless. She watched as her once beautiful mother become only a shell of a woman she used to be...