Dinner But Not A Date

I'm still shocked for what Spencer did. I couldn't believe it, it has been five hours since he was here but I'm still speechless. I can't tell anyone about what happened. Not even Carol because she is good friends with Andrew and she could easily tell him, and then our relationship would be over. But, maybe I could start something again with Spencer. No, Skyler you are not going to throw away your relationship with Andrew because a guy like Spencer probably already has a girlfriend. Then why did he kiss me?

I walk out of the the clinic and lock it behind me. I drag my feet over to my car it has a thin layer of snow on it. I put my hand in my sleeve and wipe it off my windows. I open my door and sit down on the cold leather seats. I start the car and make it as hot as it will go and I drive away.

I sit in rush hour traffic, I haven't moved for five minutes. I must have been caught up in an accident.Suddenly a loug ringing fills my ears. Its coming from my bag I pull out my Iphone. The caller in unknown but I pick it up anyways. I'm so bored in this traffic.

"Hello?" I answer in a casual way.

"Hey Skyler." The same voice that called the clinic at ten in the morning answered. "Its Spencer."

My stomach launged itself into my throat and it took me a while to shove it back down.

"Uh, hi." There is an awkward silence between us. "How did you get my number?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Um, I took your business card. I think that's what they are for, right?"

"Oh, right... sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? I should be the one apologizing. I mean I kissed you out of nowhere."

"Its fine." I say I little too soon and a little to fast. "Uh, it doesn't really matter."

"Well let me make it up to you. How about you and me go to Olive Garden tomorrow night." I sigh Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants and there is barley any meat there so its completely perfect. But, then to ruin the moment Andrew pops into my head, my little English cutie.

"Well, the thing is." I bite my lip. "I have a boyfriend."

"Who said this was a date?"

"... No one."

"Exactly, just two friends who use to date catching up." He seems unmoved by my huge piece of information.

"So, its not a date." I clarify.

"It's dinner but not a date."

I hesitate but give him my answer. "Ok."

"Awesome." His voice sounds a bit more cheery. "Do you want me to pick you up or do you want to meet me there."

"I can just meet you there." Andrew. Andrew. Andrew. I repeat his name over in my head and remember all the memories we already have had. But all I could think of was the eggs. But I stick with my answer.

"Ok, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"What time should I be there."

"Um, How about six."

"Six sounds great." I look down at my feet suddenly embarrassed.

"See you for there then^" He interrogates me.

"Mine was better." I smile into the phone.

He chuckles. "Good-bye Skyler."

"Bye Spencer." I smirk and press end. Unaware of what has happened over the past three minutes, I look up to see that the cars have moves about fifty metres up, and the cars behind me were honking there horns causing a raucous. I turn around and wave apologetically at them and hastily move forward.