𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎...

بواسطة _devilishEJ_

**COMPLETED** Odette Alarie live in Europe all her life until one summer when her cousin and uncle came to vi... المزيد

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - TATTOO
Ch. 2 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 3 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 4 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 5 - FRAYED
Ch. 6 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 7 - CURRENTS
Ch. 8 - VISIONARY
Ch. 9 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 10 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 12 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 13 - ANCHORS
Ch. 14 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD
Ch. 15 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 16 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 17 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 18 - RIDDLED
Ch. 19 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 20 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 21 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 22 - DE-VOID
Ch. 23 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Into to Season 4
Ch. 25 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 26 - 117
Ch. 27 - MUTED
Ch. 28 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 29 - I.E.D
Ch. 30 - ORPHANED
Ch. 31 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 32 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 33 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 35 - A PROMISE TO DEATH
Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro to Season 5A
Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 37 - PARASOMINA
Ch. 38 - DREAMCATCHER
Ch. 39 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 40 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 41 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 42 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 43 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 44 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 46 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 49 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 50 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 51 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 52 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 53 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 54 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 55 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 56 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 57 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 58 - RELICS
Ch. 59 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 60 - GHOSTED
Ch. 61 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 62 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 64 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 65 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 66 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 67 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 68 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 69 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 70 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 71 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 72 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 73 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 74 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bouns Ch. #1
Bouns Ch. #2
- 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗘 -
Ch. 75 - HAUNTED MEMORIES
Ch. 76 - NOT A GAME
Ch. 77 - THE RITUAL TO BRING HER BACK
Ch. 78 - ALLISON'S BACK... SORT OF
Ch. 79 - TAILS
Ch. 80 - ROWAN ASH
Ch. 81 - HIS WORLD AND OUR WORLD
Ch. 82 - THE WINNING MOVE
Ch. 83 - A FRIEND'S FINAL BATTLE

Ch. 11 - ALPHA PACT

10.5K 313 243
بواسطة _devilishEJ_

Odette's outfit

Chapter Eleven
Alpha Pact

"Derek!" Stiles yelled as he slapped Derek face but he didn't wake up making Odette look at Stiles. "You know, I would be able to make him wake up a lot quicker." She said and he pointed at her, "You're not using anymore magic that makes your nose bleed." He said and she just shrugged

"Stiles slaps him harder then before, the crack of palm to cheek filling the
elevator. He pulls back, this time closing his fist before going in for a punch when Derek catches him by the wrist.

Blinking, he glances about the elevator and out its open doors to the deserted corridor. "Where is she?" Derek asked and Odette sighed, "Jennifer? Gone... with Scott's mom." She said making Derek look at her wide eyed.

"She took her?" He asked and they both nodded, "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So, we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles says. With Stiles's and Odette's help, Derek begins to rise. But he pauses as another alarming realization hits him.

"What about Cora?"

"You sure you don't want to go with the ither?" Stiles asked looking over at Odette who was sitting down next to him in the waiting area of the hospital. "No, I wanna stay with you." She said while shaking her head as she faced him, bringing her feet up onto the chair.

"You sure? Jennifer still plans on coming after you so shouldn't you stay with the people who can protect you?" He asked and she shrugged and smiled softly, "I can protect myself and I kind prefer you over the others." She said. He stared at her with a smile as she glanced around.

He looked away from her and over at the doors to see someone walking im. He sees the badge first. Blue letters in a white laminate around his neck - FBI. Then he sees the face, one he clearly recognizes and clearly doesn't like. "Oh, just perfect." Stiles groaned making Odette look over at him and follow his train of sight.

"Who's that?" She asked as the man glanced over at them, "Scott's dad. And a total dickwad." Stiles muttered making Odette's eyes widen as the man walked up to them. "A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker." Agent McCall said before glancing at Odette, "And who are you?" He asked and Odette gave him an awkward smile.

"A girl that really could use some sleep. But most people just call me Odette. " She said and he chuckled and nodded slightly before looking at Stiles. "Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" Agent McCall asked and Stiles shrugged slightly, "If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." Stiles says making Odette bite her lip to stop her from laughing.

"Where is your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?" Agent McCall asked and Stiles sighed and shrugged, "I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours." Stiles said and Agent McCall nodded.

"Is he drinking again?" He asked making both Stiles's head snap up to look at him with a glare. "What do you mean, "again?" He never had to stop." Stiles said irritably and Agent McCall nodded slightly, "But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?" He said, the glares from the two teenagers not bothering him.

"All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet-- start with F, end with U..." Stiles said impatiently making Agent McCall chuckle.

"You're not really good at your job are you?" Odette asked making them look at her, "Excuse me?" Agent McCall asked and she shrugged. "The FBI in France, is more professional than you are right now. I'm pretty sure a FBI shouldn't be talking about someone the way you are about Stiles's dad. Which means, you're not really good at your job." She said and Stiles stared at her with a small smirk.

Agent McCall took a deep breath before nodding slightly, directing his attention back to Stiles. "How about you guys just tell me what the hell happened here?" He asked and Stiles shrugged, "I don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time." Stiles said and Agent McCall furrowed his brows.

"You're not the one who put the name on the doors, are you?" He asked and Odette and Stiles glanced at each other confused, "What name?"

The elevator doors clang open and Odette, Stiles and Allison quickly follow Argent into the apartment. "The word is "guardian," guys- more than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately." Argent said. Leading them down the hallway, Argent heads into the office.

"But she took Scott's mother and Stiles' father. That's not a coincidence." Allison said and Odette nodded in agreement they pause at the desk to look down on the five fold symbol etched onto its surface.

"Yeah. I don't know about you but the fact that someone put my family's name in large block letters on the elevator door. That kind of felt like a warning, does it not?" Odette asked and Allison nodded, "I think it might be Morrell. She knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us."

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away." Stiles stressed and they watch him fall into the chair, trying to keep it together. "Stiles, don't give up hope." Argent said and Stiles sighed. "They could already be dead." Stiles said and Argent shook his head, "There's something about Jennifer's tactics... It's like she's still positioning. Still moving pieces into place." He said.

"And you're one of them and so is Odie." Allison said and Argent nodded slightly, looking down at his desk. "Then, let's not wait around to see the next move." He says and draws the map back over the desk, covering the symbol. "Everything she's done has been on a telluric current, so Melissa and the Sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right?" Argent says, looking up at all if them, noticing that Stiles was barely paying attention.

"Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help." Argent says and Stiles sighs, "You seriously want to go after her? I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?" Stiles asks and Argent raised his eyebrows and pulls open a drawer, reaching for an unseen object.

"I'm carrying a forty-five." Gun in hand, he slams in a new clip with a metallic clang, "Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off."

"We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out- the only thing we don't have is time, which is why I need all of you." Argent said and Stiles looks at the ground deep in thought before sighing and looking up, "Where do we start?" He said, glancing over at Odette who smiled softly at him.

Neither if them noticing the smirk on Allison's face.

Black light in one hand, Argent taps a finger to the marks on the map. "The places where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current, so there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank-" Argent explained and Stiles cut him off, "Wait a sec- she wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?" Stiles asked.

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time." Argent said making realization cross over Odette's features, "Deaton." She said and Argent nodded. "Deaton. It was her only failure. That could mean something." He moves a finger to the mark under Beacon Hills First National Bank.

"That's just one place so far. We're gonna need a lot more help." Stiles said and Odette thought for a moment, "What about Lydia?" She asked making her uncle look at her confused, "Lydia? What can she do?" He asked. "Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent... She somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies, um... without actually looking for them." Stiles said.

"What is she? Psychic?" Argent said and Odette smiled and shook her head, "Banshee actually." She said making Stiles look over at her with hum and a slight nod. "So that's what she is." He and she nodded.

Black cases click open. An arsenal of guns, arrows, crossbows, compound bows, knives. Stiles watches Argent, Allison and Odette pull weapons ou. "I thought you guys were retired...?" Stiles asked and Argent raised his eyebrows slightly. "Retired, yes. Defenseless? No." Argent said as Odette looked at all the weapons and pursed her lips.

"I'm kinda glance I wasn't raised an Argent." She said and Allison nudged her slightly making her chuckle. "Make sure your phone's on. If you hear from Scott, you let us know immediately." Argent said and Stiles sighed, "Yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely..." He said and all three teenagers shared a look.

"Hey, try to remember- he's just doing what he thinks is right." Argent said, Odette looks over at her cousin only to see her looking past her and Stiles. They all turn to the door where Isaac steps in. "I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow, but... well..." He says then snaps open his hand to reveal his claws unsheathed, "I'm getting pretty good with these."

Eyes unblinking, a look of shock, Lydia slowly shakes her head and turns to Stiles and Odette. "I don't believe it. Scott can't really be with them. He can't be." Lydia said and Stiles sighed. "You didn't see the look on his face, though. It was..." Stiles trailed off, not behind able to form the right words.

"What can I do? I mean, I get that I'm some kind of, like, human Geiger-counter for death, but... I don't know how to turn it on and off yet. All I know is that she tried to kill me because of..." Lydia said before tailing off making Odette raise her eyebrows, "What?" She asked and Lydia looked back at them.

"When she called me a Banshee, she was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill me?" She said and they all glanced at each other. "Then why did she?" Stiles asked and Odette sighed, "That's what we need to find out." She said before walking towards the door.

The warning bell for the start of the next period. Hurrying into the corridor crowded with students between classes, Lydia follows Odette and Stiles while checking her phone. "Aiden's still not texting me back. Okay, well, maybe we could just... We could go over there, and..." Lydia says but trials off when Stiles's phone buzzes. He yanks it out and peers down at a text, expression changing immediately.

"What?" Odette asked worriedly, "It's from Isaac. Jennifer, she t- She has Allison's father. She took him. She's got all three, now." Stiles said and Odette's face paled. "There's still time...We still have time, right?" Lydia asked and Odette sighed and shook her head.

Backing away, Stiles looks as if he might crumble. Odette notices his breathing becoming strangely shallow. "Stiles what's wrong?" She asked and he glanced at her, "I think I'm having a panic attack." Stiles said and Odette's eyes widen, "Okay, uh... come on." She said, grabbing Stiles's hand and pulling him to the locker room. "Please make sure no one comes in here." Odette said, looking at Lydia who nodded.

Odette led Stiles into the locker room where he collapsed on the around against the end of the lockers. "I-I can't... I can't..." He said, breathing heavily and she gently grabbed his face. "Hey Stiles look at me, okay? Focus on me." She said and he looked up at her.

"You like Star Wars right?" She asked and he looked at her confused, "What?" He asked breathlessly. "You like Star Wars right? Which movie is your favorite?" She asked and he still looked at her confused but still answered her, "The Empire Strikes Back." He said and she smiled and nodded.

"That's a good one. Did you know that the blizzard scene with Luke, was filmed during an actual blizzard?" She asked and he still looked at her confused but she could tell it was distracting him. "But I can't remember, if that was the movie with gold bikini Leia or not, it's been a while since I watched them." She said and he shook his head, "No no, that's in Return of The Jedi." He said and she nodded.

"Ah yes. The dreaded movie that makes me cry every time I watch it." She said, smiling slightly when she noticed his breathing was calming down. "Because of Yoda?" He asked and she nodded, "As much as I love The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones is my top favorite. My father used to tease me because I was in love with Anakin." She said.

"He's evil." He said and she tisked, "Evil but cute." She said. Stiles just looked at her crazy until he realized his panic attack was over making him furrow his brows, "How did-" He started to ask but she cut him off slightly, "Talking about Star Wars distracted you from the panic attack." She said and his face softened.

"How did you know what to do?" He asked and she smiled and sighed, "I got them a lot when my father died. Most of the time my uncle was there to distract me from it by talking about my favorite things." She said and he smiled softly at her. "Thanks." He said and she shrugged, "I'd never let even my deepest enemy go through a panic attack. They are literal hell, I would know." She said without thinking making him look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked and she sighed and closed her eyes when she realized what she had said, "You'd probably not want to talk to me if you knew." She said and he shook his head. "I highly doubt anything you say will make me want to stop talking to you." He said and she sighed slightly, "My last panic attack resulted in me getting my Healer powers and my eyes turning to blue." She said as she flashed her vibrant blue eyes.

"So you killed someone." He said and she took a deep breath and nodded. "My best friend." She said and looked up at him and to her shock, he wasnt looking at her like she was a monster. He was looking at her with kind eyes and a small encouraging smile.

"After my father died, I moved in with his friend in London. And I normally got panic attacks when someone raised their voice at me. And one day I just gotten home from school and my best friend had came with me. We were hanging out and playing music when my neighbor came over and started screaming at us about how our music was to loud and I started panicking. My friend managed to get her to leave and then took me to my bathroom to calm me down." She said and paused for a moment.

"I tended to lose control during panic attacks. And no matter how many times I told him to leave, he wouldn't. And at point, my mind just kind of blacked out and I came back he had four long, deep slash marks across his chest and there was blood on my hands. He died in my arms shortly after. I felt a monster, still do. It's why don't use my powers much." She said, looking at the ground and he was quiet for a moment before shaking his head.

"You lost control. It wasnt your fault that you got panic attack, and your neighbor shouldn't have screamed at you. You're not a monster." He said making her look up at him and smile softly. They stared at each other for a moment before they both subconsciously started leaning forward.

Their lips where less then an inch away from touching when all of the sudden someone knocked on the door making them jump apart, "You guys okay in there?" Lydia called out through the door. Stiles and Odette looked at each other wide eyed before Odette cleared her throat awkwardly. "Yeah! We'll be out in a second." She called back as Stiles awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Should we... talk about that or..." He trailed off awkwardly and she pursed her lips and took a deep breath. "We should... we sh- we should go. Yeah, we should probably go. Find parents." She said and he nodded. "Yeah." He said and the stood up.

"After you." Odette said awkwardly and he shook his head and gestured for her to go, "Lady's first." He said and she nodded slightly and walked out of the locker room.

"Crisis averted?" Lydia asked and they both nodded, "So..." Lydia said after a few seconds of awkward silence. "If I was really smart, I would tell you to sign up for a few sessions with the guidance counselor." She said making realization crossed over Stiles's face.

"Morrell." He whispered before running off in the direction of Morrell's office. Lydia and Odette glanced at each other before running after him.

The door into the Guidance Office bangs open. Stiles, Odette and Lydia hurry inside to find Morrell's desk empty and a girl named Danielle waiting in a chair. "Are you here for Ms. Morrell?" Stiles asked, "No, I thought this was gym class." She said sarcastically making Lydia look at her with raised eyebrows. "Sweetheart, we're not in the mood for funny. Do you know where she is?" Lydia asked and Daniell scoffed.

"If I did, I wouldn't be waiting here for twenty minutes! So, how about you two back out the door and wait your turn?" She said and Odette rolled her eyes slightly, "Yeah we're not here for a session." Lydia said. "Well I am- and I've got some serious issues to work on." Danielle said.

"Hey, wait, wait, wait- you're Danielle. You're Heather's best friend." Stiles asked and Danielle sighed slightly, "I was Heather's best friend. We've been working on that issue three times a week." She said as slight realization crossed over Lydia's features.

"Hold on- did you say Ms. Morrell's twenty minutes late?" Lydia asked and Danielle nodded, "And I don't know why, either. She's always on time." She said and Lydia turned to look at Stiles and Odette. "I was seeing her at the beginning of the semester. She was never late." Lydia said.

"What if we're not the only ones who think she knows something?" Odette suggested and Stiles glanced around for a moment, "Then I want to know what she knows." He said. "He looks over the desk and begins rifling through papers. Then moves to her file cabinet, yanking open drawers. "What are you going?" Odette asked and he didn't look up and just continued shuffling through files, "Trying to find her."

"Those files are private!" Danielle said and Lydia nodded in agreement, "Yeah, she's kind of right." Lydia said and Stiles held up a file. "That one's yours." He said and Lydia instantly grabbed it, "Let me see that."

"Wait, Lydia- that's your drawing." Stiles said as Lydia opened the file to see one of her drawings and she nodded slowly,
"Yeah, I know. It's a tree." She said. "Good one too." Odette said making Lydia smile at her, "Thank you." She said.

"No, but that's the same one, though." Stiles said making them look at him confused, "Same as what?" Odette asked. "The same one I always see her drawing in class." Stiles said and Lydia shrugged, 'It's a tree. I like drawing trees." She said and he shook his head.

"No, but it's the exact same one. Don't you see? Give me your bag." He said as he takes her bag, unzips it, and pulls out her notebook. Flipping pages, he finds a drawing of the tree and putting it on the desk to show them. 'There- see?" He asked and Lydia stares at it in confusion.

She compares the two drawings, they're exactly the same down to each branch. Odette flips the page to a third drawing. Then to another. She keeps flipping pages to see that Lydia has been drawing the same tree over and over.
"Okay, you can have my session. You got bigger issues." Danielle said before grabbing her bag and walking out.

"What is this?" Lydia muttered.

Stiles doesn't respond, gaze fixed on the drawing. Slowly and carefully, he rotates the notebook upside down. From this view, the branches of the tree don't look like branches at all. They look like roots.

"I know where they are."

Lydia and Odette hurries after Stiles, all of them rushing to the exit. "It's the Nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be." Stiles says and went to say something else but someone called out to them.

"Stilinski!" Someone called out behind them making them turn around. Two Deputies with him, Agent McCall appears at the end of the corridor. Stiles sighs before turning to Lydia, speaking fast. "All right, look-- go to Derek, okay? He and Peter, they've been there before, so they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, all right? They'll know."

With a quick nod, Lydia turns for the stairs. "You're not gonna go with her?" Stiles asked and Odette shakes her head, "And leave you to deal with him alone? No thanks." She said as Agent McCall reaches them, a dire expression on his face. "Did you know your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?" Agent McCall says looking at Stiles, "No, what does that mean?"

"It means he's officially missing."

The setting sun bleeds in through the windows of the classroom, empty except for the Agent McCall, Odette and Stiles. Agent McCall leans against the teachers desk while Stiles and Odette sit next to each other on one of the student's desks. "Stiles, why am I getting the feeling you know something that could help us find your dad?" Agent McCall says and Stiles squints at him, "If I did, why would I not tell you?"

"If it meant helping your dad, why wouldn't you?"

"So, you're asking me to tell you what I wouldn't not tell you?" Stiles asks sarcastically making Odette chuckle slightly, "First, I have no idea what you just said. Second, how about you just help me help you?" Agent McCall sighed.

"Well, I don't know how to help you help me tell you something that would help you if I don't know it." Stiles says and Odette chuckled quietly while shaking her head. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

"I don't know anything, okay? Can we just go?" Stiles asked tiredly and Agent McCall sighed. "Where are your other friends besides Odette?" Agent McCall asked and Stiles raised his eyebrows, "You mean Scott?" Stiles scoffed.

"I mean Scott... I mean Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, these twins, Ethan and Aiden... I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up at school today." Agent McCall said as he read off a note. "I don't have a clique." Stiles said and Agent McCall sighed.

"Stiles, come on, There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violent activity in this county in the last few months- several murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here, but it's serious. And hey- your dad is missing." Agent McCall says and Stiles looks down at his hands while Odette squinted at Agent McCall.

"Im pretty sure he knows that. You do realize that you're talking to teenagers? I'm pretty sure the thought alone is hard enough on someone but you constantly reminding him over and over isn't gonna help him or get him to know something." Odette said and Stiles subconsciously grabbed her hand making her look over at him and sigh softly before glancing down.

Agent McCall stared at the two teenagers for a moment before sighing, "Fine. But I don't want you going home alone. You have someone you can stay with tonight?"

"He's with me." Someone spoke up making them all look over at the door to see Deaton standing there.

Underneath the examining room light, Deaton meets with Odette, Stiles, Lydia, Isaac and Allison. "It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die." Stiles explained, glancing over at Odette as she leaned against her elbows on the table and Allison nodded slightly.

"My dad and Gerard were there, once. But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was... And, my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now." Allison said and Stiles sighed and nodded softly, "Yeah, mine either."

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked and Deaton steps away, thinking. They each notice his hesitancy, "Doc?" Odette asked and Deaton turned to look at her. "There might be a way. And I know you should have been taught it when your magic came in." He said and she thought for a moment before standing straight with wide eyes.

"If were thinking the same thing then that's incredibly dangerous." Odette said and Deaton sighed and nodded, "It might be the only way. We're gonna need Scott."

By the Jeep's headlights, Stiles, Odette and Deaton wait in the darkness. Hearing the crunch of leaves underfoot, they turn to see Scott step into the light, "How'd you guys find out?" Scott asked.

"Lydia. You?"

"Morrell. None of the other Alphas know where it is, either." Scott said and Stiles sighed, "So, if this works, are you gonna tell them?" He asked and Scott looked down sighing before looking back up at them. "I can't stop Jennifer without them." He said and Odette and Stiles glanced at each other before nodding while an awkward silence settled around all of them.

"How about we concentrate on finding your parents first?" Deaton said and they nodded, "What's the plan?" Scott asked. Deaton looked over at Odette making her sigh, "Essentially, you, Allison, and Stiles need to be surrogate sacrifices for your parents." Odette said making Scott's eyes widen.

"We die for them?"

"But they can bring us back!" Stiles says before turning to Odette with a hopeful look, "You can bring us back, right?" He asked and she sighed. "You remember the part where I said it was dangerous?" She asked and he nodded.

"If it goes right, the three of you will be dead for a few seconds... But, there's something else you need to think about." Deaton said and Odette nodded in agreement, "This is a dangerous ritual for a lot of reasons." She said before looking at Deaton.

"You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet- it attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill a bestiary with. It will draw them here, like a beacon." Deaton explained and Stiles pursed his lips and nodded slightly.

"Doesn't sound worse than anything we've already seen..."

"You'd be surprised at what you haven't seen yet." Odette said making Stiles look at Scott wide eyed. "Is that it?" Scott asked and Deaton shook his heads. "No. It'll also have an effect on the three of you. You won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it... every day, for the rest of your lives. It'll be a kind of... darkness around your heart, and permanent, like a... like a scar." He explained and Scott nodded.

"Like a tattoo."

Deaton, Lydia, Odette and Isaac pour ice into the three tubs of water already filled with the leaves and berries of mistletoe while Scott, Stiles and Allison step toward the tubs, each holding an item in their hands.

"All right. What did you bring?" Deaton asked as they all moved to stand around the tubs. Stiles raises Stilinski's Sheriff badge, "Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a little bit. Still doesn't look right." Stiles said and Odette smiled softly at him.

"It doesn't have to look perfect if it has meaning." She said and he smiled sadly at her before eyeing the battered but still-shining badge in his hands. Next to him, Allison holds up a bullet. "Is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac asked and Allison nodded, "My dad made it. It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a Hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the Code."

"Scott?" Deaton asked and everyone looked at Scott as he holds up a watch, "My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked." He said and Deaton nodded.

"Okay. The three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you under until you're essentially... well, dead. But, it's not just someone to hold you under- it needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone with a strong connection to you. A kind of emotional tether." Deaton says and Allison looks to Lydia who starts toward her, "Hold on." Deaton says making the two girls stop

"Odette. " He says and she looked up at him, "You go with Stiles." Deaton said and Stiles and Odette looked at each other slightly shocked. "Isaac you go with Allison." Deaton says making them all look at them shocked.

Scott watches Allison and Isaac share a look, a moment of uneasy glances. "...It's okay." Scott says, obviously lying. He starts toward the steel tub, paired with Deaton. He tries to keep from glancing back at Isaac and Allison, trying not to let the hurt show.

In silence, the three of them take their places. Scott, Allison and Stiles carefully step into the ice and mistletoe-filled tubs and sit back. Deaton, Isaac and Odette take positions behind them at the head of the tubs.

Already shivering, Stiles turns to Scott, "By the way, if I don't make it back and you do, you should probably know something... Your dad's in town." Stiles says making Scott's eyes widen.

Seated in the water, Allison, Scott and Stiles share a look. A silent moment between them, Allison and Stiles both waiting for Scott's lead. He takes a breath and gives them a nod. One-by-one, they submerge beneath the ice and mistletoe. Eyes closed, an almost peaceful look on their faces.

All of the sudden Odette's head shoots up and she gasps as her eyes go white. Lydia's eyes widen as she went to step forward but Deaton stopped her, "Don't touch her." He said and she looked at gon worriedly. "What's happening to her." She asked and he thought for a second.

"She's being affected by the Lunar Eclipse, this the Protector magic. She's in there with them."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

106K 5K 52
[BOOK 5] "𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 - 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡." F...
347K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
145K 3.1K 39
🎵 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮🎵 Alexander argent, the twin sister to Allison argent As far as normal could be...
54.5K 1.7K 32
A town full of supernatural beings, secrets and teenagers trying to get through high school and live normal lives; a teenage girl moves back to Beaco...