The Girl Who Believed

By nicole_3105

The shy Gryffindor catches the eye of the school's biggest player. Again. "I'm not playing at anything this t... More

The Train Ride
Hogsmead
Did he just ask me out?
First Kiss
Crushed
Cast
Sixth year
First day
What Exactly Is He Thinking?
Potter's Face
Unnerving
Herbology
Sirius' POV
The Letter
Theo Asked Me Out
Date With Theo
I Don't Know
Tutoring
Forgiveness
Making Up
The Picnic
Decisions
The Gift
Fights
Common Room
Confused
Remus Jealous
Pranks
Late night talks
The Game
He's being an idiot
I'm screwed
His Undying Love
Stargazing
Yes
Music To My Ears
Matchmakers
Dates to the Ball
Ambushed

Blondie

1.4K 24 45
By nicole_3105

Athena's POV

There was a massive gasp from the crowd as the quaffle hit Black right in the stomach as he put himself between Angie and the quaffle, sending him flying off his broom. He was falling so fast and almost hit the ground when Potter caught him and fell with him due to his weight. But the fall was much softer now because Potter softened it incredibly and the fall was from only a couple of feet instead of over 100 feet. 

I immediately jumped down and ran as fast as my legs could carry me toward him. When I reached him, he was passed out. I froze. No. No. NO. I knelt down next to him.

"Black. Black, wake up," I shook him. I  was freaking out. Why was I so freaked out?

"Mr. Potter broke his arm and leg, please levitate him carefully to the hospital wing, Madame Hooch, I will levitate Mr. Black," said Madame Pomfrey. I didn't even notice that she came.

By now there was a crowd around us.

"Everyone go back to the castle," Madame Hooch ordered as she levitated Potter. We followed them, ignoring Madame Hooch's command.

Remus, Peter, the girls, and I stood in front of the hospital wing waiting for news. I was extremely worried, and I don't know why. Quidditch accidents happen all the time.

"Hey, relax, they will be fine," Remus said and stood in from of me and looked me in the eyes, "He's going to be fine."

"Remus is right, Athena. If something was seriously wrong, Madame Pomfrey would have noticed when we were at the pitch and would've said something," Caroline said, "but she looked normal."

"God, I'm such an idiot! I should've reacted faster!" yelled Angie. She was frustrated and felt incredibly guilty.

"Stop saying that! You were taken by surprise," I told her.

"No one blames you, Angie," Remus told her.

Just as he said that the door of the hospital wing opened, and Madame Pomfrey came out.

"Mr. Black is asleep now and Mr. Potter has taken a few potions so he will fall asleep soon. So if you want to see them, make it quick," she said

"Is he going to be okay? I mean, are they going to be okay?" I asked her.

"They are both perfectly fine, Ms. Royal. Mr. Potter broke his arm and leg, while Mr. Black got struck by the bludger so hard it broke a few ribs, and his head is injured, too, he probably hit it when he fell. So it's probably better that he sleeps the pain off. Other than that, he should be perfectly fine," she answered and walked away.

We all rushed to the only two occupied beds. Potter saw us and gave a small smile, "Hey, guys," he said.

"Hey?! You rushed like that and hurt yourself and you say hey?" Lily yelled.

"Good to see you doing well, too, Lilypad. Sorry for rushing and not letting my best friend fall to his death," he said. 

She took a deep breath and sat beside him. He looked shocked but didn't say anything. She looked at him worriedly. I knew it. She finally admitted her feelings to herself.

"I'm sorry, but you gave me a mini-heart attack," she said. What she did next shocked all of us. She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

She. Kissed. Him. On. The. Cheek. 

Lily Evans. Kissed. James Potter. Willingly.

When she pulled back he seemed to be in a daze and looked at her. 

"I'm I dreaming?" he asked, "I don't remember falling asleep."

"You're not dreaming you, idiot," she answered him and his eyes widened in shock. Everyone chuckled.

My eyes moved to Black. He was lying there, sleeping, in the hospital bed. I walked over and stood next to his bed.

"He will be fine, Athena. You heard Madame Pomfrey. Why are you so worried?" asked Remus.

"I-I'm not worried. He will be fine. I'm just... um... grateful and I can't wait for him to wake up to thank him," I said quickly and Remus smiled knowingly.

The next morning, we were eating breakfast and I kept waiting for the mail. My admirer hasn't sent me anything last night or this morning.

"What are you looking for?" asked Remus.

"Nothing," I said and turned back to my food. Why hasn't he send anything today? His letters make my day.

"I'm going to go check on Black and Potter, who wants to come?" I asked.

"I'm coming. Let's grab some food for them," Lily said.

"I'm coming, too. I need to thank Black," Angie said.

"I'll finish eating then come," said Remus.

"Me, too," said Caroline and looked at Remus. She looked... determined. That's it. We will corner her tonight. I looked at Lily and Angie and it seems that they were thinking the same thing.

We entered the hospital wing and saw the boys awake.

"Good morning," I said.

"Good morning," they both said in unison.

"How are you two doing today?" Lily asked.

"Better now that you're here," answered Potter, typical.

"Oh, shut up, Potter. I'm asking about your health," she said rolling her eyes, but I can tell she wanted to smile.

"Same thing," he smiled cheekily. He was relishing in her attention.

"What about you, Black? How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Will it be cheesy if I said the same answer Prongs told Lily?" he smiled.

"If you insist on that answer then I will answer with the same answer that Lily told him," I said.

"Black, thank you so much for saving me. I'm really sorry, I should've reacted faster. If I were out of the way sooner, you wouldn't have had to save me and get knocked out, and Potter wouldn't have had to rush and break his arm an-" Black cut off Angie's rant.

"Hey, hey, calm down, Angie. No need to thank me. Anyone would've done the same thing," Black said.

"But no one did. It was only you. And for that I will forever be thankful," she told him.

"We brought you breakfast," I said when I saw that this will keep going in a circle, her thanking him and him brushing it off.

"Aw, so you do care about me," Black joked.

"Why else would I be here?" I asked. What did I just say? "I mean you saved my best friend, so I have to save you from starving."

"Right," he said with a smirk, "So what did you get me?"

"Toast, bacon, and pumpkin juice," I said as I gave it to him and Lily gave Potter's share to him.

"Oh great, you got breakfast already. just in time for your potions," Madam Pomfrey said as she approached the bed while holding two flasks of... something. "Now, drink these after you eat. You should be good to go by lunchtime." With that, she left again.

"See, Athena, I told you he will be fine," said Remus who just came in and I just rolled my eyes.

"Where's Caroline?" I asked.

"She went to the library, that Ben guy came up to her to ask her about something then they went to the library," he said after clearing his throat. He looked upset.

Caroline's POV

He has been driving me crazy lately. He never gave me a sign that he is interested, although Athena says that he is, but now he is avoiding me all the time. The girls would sometimes ask if something happened and I tell them nothing happened. Which is the truth. Nothing happened.

So when the girls left to check on the boys, Peter was still asleep, so we were alone. In the Great Hall, but sitting together alone. He started eating quickly. I was determined to talk to him. I don't know where I got the courage from. Maybe I was just done. Done with keeping my feelings hidden and done waiting for him to notice me. 

"Hey, Remus, um... I wanted to tell you something," I started.

"Sure, go ahead," he said.

"Um, yesterday before the match started, Athena asked me if her admirer was on the quidditch team and I said yes," I told him.

"Why did you do that, Caroline? We agreed that he should be the one to tell her," he groaned.

"Well, what was I supposed to do? She was almost positive that he is. The letter he sent in the morning was a major hint. So, he better tell her soon," I said.

"You're right, he should tell her soon. She's warming up to him," he said.

"Why hasn't he told her yet?" I asked.

"He's nervous," he shrugged.

"Well he better man up and tell her because I can tell she is conflicted and confused," I said.

"Confused about what?" he asked.

"Well, you said it yourself, she's warming up to him. Soon, her feeling will rise again, but there is the secret admirer who will keep holding her back," I explained.

"Of course. How didn't I think about it? You're very observant, Caroline," he said.

"Thanks," I said and blushed. Something seemed to snap him out or something, because next thing I know, he was getting up.

"Um... I'm full, I'm going to check on the boys," he said. 

"Me, too," I said and got up.

"Great," he said with a fake smile. Okay, that's a downer.

We walked out from the Great Hall silently. It was awkward, at least for me. I couldn't stand it.

"Remus, did I do something?" I asked stopping suddenly, making him stop, too.

"What?"

"Did I do something?" I asked again, "You've been avoiding me for no reason ever since you helped me with my DADA essay."

"Oh... um... I don't know what to say. You didn't do anything wrong," he said looking down.

"Then why are you avoiding me?" I asked.

"I'm not avoiding you."

"Really? Well, you barely talk to me except if it's something about Black and Athena. And even then, I'm the one who's talking and then you usually drag Black to answer me. Even when we are with the whole group you barely say a word to me. Others have noticed, too. Politely avoiding is still avoiding, you know?" I ranted.

"Caroline, you don't understand."

"Understand what?" I asked starting to get irritated.

He was silent and looking anywhere but me.

"Hey, Caroline," came a voice from behind Remus.

"Hi, Ben," I forced a smile.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'm stuck in the middle of the essay and it's due tomorrow a-and I was wondering if you could h-help," Ben asked. He looked a bit nervous and even more nervous when he looked at Remus. I looked at Remus and saw him glaring at Ben. "If I'm interrupting then s-sorry. We c-can do it later."

I looked at Remus and it seems like he wasn't about to say anything. Bloody wolf!

"Actually, I'm coming. You didn't interrupt anything," I said then turned and looked Remus in the eyes, "Nothing at all."

With that, I walked away with Ben. I know what I just did was dramatic, but I was starting to get pissed off. What the hell did I do wrong? I need to calm down before asking him again.

I basically marching into the library.

"Caroline, are you alright? If you don't feel up to it we can work on it later," he said when we sat down.

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking of something and got carried away."

"It's alright. You seem a bit upset, though, do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"I don't think so, but thanks for the offer. So where is your essay?" I asked.

"Here," he said and took out a piece of parchment which he had a draft written on and I started to read it.

"That's not bad. I think you can add a bit about the hippogriffs' pride. Why are they so proud?" I told him.

"Well, well, if it isn't blondie," came a voice behind me. Lucius Malfoy.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I asked. 

"Oh nothing, just wondering what are you doing indoors on such a fine day. And without your guards at that," he said.

"None of your business. Just leave me alone," I told him and turned back to Ben, who looked extremely nervous.

"No can do, blondie. You are rarely alone. You," he said pointing at Ben, "Leave us."

I put my hand on Ben's shoulder making sure he doesn't move.

"Ben is not going anywhere. I told you to leave me alone, I'm not interested," I told him with gritted teeth.

"Why so angry? Loverboy got on your nerves?" he asked with a smirk. His smirk got even bigger when he saw me glare at him.

"My feelings and life are none of your business," I said standing up. 

"Oh come on, you can do better than him. And better than this loser here too," he said arrogantly and pointed at Ben.

"For the last time, Malfoy, leave me alone," I said giving him my hardest glare.

"Or what sunshine? You will unleash your mudblood guard dog at me. What was her name? Lily?" 

I couldn't take it anymore. Next thing I know I slapped him. His face turned to the side and he was touching his cheek. Ben looked horrified. I grabbed him and ran out of the library before Malfoy could react.

NO ONE talks about my friends like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4K 35
๊งIn which they both have feelings but are unknown to eachother๊ง‚ OR After 6 years of chasing Lily Evans it seems as if James Potter has given up on...
125K 2.2K 34
๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...
830 61 23
Follow the Black Household in this fanfic where everything is changed ๐Ÿ˜‰ There will be some hard and dark parts for some readers so that the Tigger W...
39.4K 588 89
Where a Hufflepuff who stays hidden in the shadows falls for the Gryffindor who shines brighter than everyone. This is my first story, please leave...