The Green Guardian

By Saintmaster24

Deep within the forest in an old temple lives the last gem that has believed to have gone extinct. But when S... More

1. The New Gem
2. Welcome to Beach City
4. When It Rains
5. The Week of Distractions
6. The Second Prism
7. It Could Have Been Great
8. Message Received
9. Log Date 7 15 2
10. Super Watermelon Island
11. Gem Drill
12. Same Old World
13. Barn Mates
14. Hit The Diamond
15: Comforting Lapis
16. Alone At Sea
17. Reformation

3. Catch and Release

6K 115 49
By Saintmaster24

Steven's P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since Y/n has first come to live with us. And I've been showing him all sorts of stuff about the Earth like food, TV shows, and music. And it looks like that he's taken a real interest in Earth music. After a long day of helping Y/n, I was getting ready to go to sleep for the night.

Steven: Good night Y/n.

Y/n: Good night Steven.

Y/n has been staying in the bathroom for the last couple days. It's a good thing I'm still able to use it when I get up, or I would probably go crazy. So once Y/n had closed the bathroom door, I made my way up to my bed and said good night to my stuffed animals.

Steven: Good night, Happy Bear. Good night, Sad Cat. Good night, Playful Kitty. Good night, ominous triangle at the foot of my bed.

Then I closed my eyes and got ready to go to sleep. But then I opened them again when I realized what I said about the ominous triangle. But as soon as I did it was gone, I just thought I was imagining things.

Steven: Eh, whatever.

So I closed my eyes again and got ready to go to sleep. But a moment later, I had felt somebody place their arm over my mouth to stop me from screaming. Then I was dragged out of bed and was brought to the warp pad and realized that it was Peridot. Then she activated the warp pad and I had no idea where she was bringing me.

Y/n's P.O.V.

It has been an eventful few days since I was found by the Crystal Gems. At first I was a little concerned about being near any of them. But over the last few days I've been starting to feel like I could trust them.

I was currently in Steven's "bathroom" -as he called it- thinking about the last few days. That's when I heard the warp pad activate for some reason. And I had a really bad feeling about it, so I went to investigate why it went off.

When I had opened up the wooden barrier -which I had found out was a "door"- I didn't see anyone at all. But I had noticed Steven's bed coverings all over the floor. Then I went to check Steven's bed and found out that he wasn't there. This made nd immediately know that something was up and that I had to get the Crystal Gems.

Y/n: Pearl! Amethyst! Garnet!

I started to bang on the temple door in order to ger their attention. A moment later they all came out, slightly annoyed about the ruckus I was making.

Amethyst: Dude what gives? I was trying to sleep.

Pearl: Amethyst, I told you before that we don't need to sleep.

Amethyst: I know, but it feels good.

Y/n: Are you done?

Garnet: What's wrong Y/n?

Y/n: Steven's missing! I heard the warp pad go off a minute ago, and then I saw that Steven was nowhere to be found.

I showed them that Steven was, in fact, missing from his bed. Pearl started to panic a little and Amethyst tried to calm her down. But I noticed that Garnet had a concentrated look on her face before she spoke up.

Garnet: It's Peridot! She's got Steven at the Galaxy Warps, we need to hurry!

With that, all three of them left to go and save Steven. And since I was alone, I put Stevens belongings back on his bed before returning to the bathroom.

Steven's P.O.V.

After Peridot had grabbed me, she took me to the Galaxy Warp. I was struggling to try and get out of her grip, but it was proving to be hard.

Steven: Argh! Let me go!

Peridot: Enough of this!

Just as I was about to escape, Peridot had trapped me in some weird bubble. Then she used it to carry me over to the central warp. And I still had no idea what she wanted from me.

Steven: What do you want from me?

Peridot: I want to get off this lossy gem forsaken planet!

Steven: Huh?

Then she made the bubble disappear as I landed on the central warp pad with a thud. Then she used her weird robot fingers to gesture to the warp pad we were on.

Peridot: You have to fix this.

Steven: Wait, what?

Peridot: You're my last chance. I have no flask robonoids, I have no foot, and I have no response from Yellow Diamond

She then took a deep breath in order to try to calm down. And it looked like she was really desperate to get off Earth. Even now since she was willing to kidnap me straight from the temple.

Peridot: I know you fixed Lazui's gem, whatever you did, you need to do it to the Homewold warp, or else!

Then she activated a laser on her arm and I started to panic. But I knew that the others would come to save me any second now. But I decided to try and see if I could help out.

Steven: Okay, okay, just give me a second, my mouth gets really dry when I'm scared.

So I decide to see if my healing powers would fix the warp. So I licked my hand and placed it on the warp to see if it would do anything. And a moment later, Peridot looks around only to find that nothing happened.

Peridot: What was that? It didn't even do anything?

Steven: It..... doesn't always work.

Peridot: No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. It has to work!

Steven: I'm real sorry.

Then Peridot just let's some sort of depresses laugh as she curls up onto the ground. I didn't really understand why or what she was scared of.

Peridot: This was it.......... This was my last shot *Gasps* I'm going to die here! Oh no.....

Steven: Hey, it's alright, Earth isn't really all that bad.....

Peridot: It doesn't matter what Earth is like! It's not even going to be like anything soon!

This really confused me, was there something on Earth she was afraid of. And it must if been dangerous to make Peridot this scared.

Steven: What are you.....

Before I could even ask her what she was talking about, the warp she used to bring me here activated. We both knew who it was as Peridot ran off to try and hide. Then a couple seconds later, the Crystal Gems, minus Y/n, appeared as the light died down.

Pearl: There he is!

Pearl then wrapped me in a tight hug before checking me for any injuries. And Amethyst was really worried about me to as she came to check on me too.

Steven: Guys!

Pearl: Are you ok?

Amethyst: What happened?

I was about to tell them what happened, but Garnet already knew who it was that took me.

Garnet: Peridot!

Peridot: Why can't you clods just leave me alone!?

Garnet: Gems, move in!

Then the Gems started to surround Peridot as she tried to fly away again. And then Amethyst wrapped her whip around Peridot before she did. But then Peridot tried to electrocute it before Garnet stopped it with her gauntlets.

Garnet: Not this time!

That's when Garnet made the electricity bounce back and made it hit Peridot instead. Then Garnet uses the whip to slam Peridot onto the ground to stop her from escaping. Then Peridot tries to back away as Pearl and Garner both surround her.

Peridot: W-Wait! Y-You need me! I'm the only one who knows about THE....

But before she could finish, she saw Pearl try to sneak up behind her with her spear in hand. So she tried to fire another energy ball at her to stop her. But before she can, Garnet grabs her and poor's her. Then her robotic limbs all fall on the ground which really confused us all.

Pearl: What on Earth?

Amethyst: Ugh, there's bits of her all over the place.

Garnet: Nope, she's right here.

We all saw that Garnet had Peridots gem in a bubble. It made me feel a little better to know that those robotic limbs weren't really part if her body. Then Garnet tapped the bubble and sent it back to the temple.

Garnet: And now she's in the temple.

Pearl: So these weren't really a part of her body?

Pearl than started to inspect Peridots robotic limbs. Then Amethyst picked them all up and dropped them into the ocean bellow.

Amethyst: Uh, whoops.

I wasn't really paying attention that much to what they were doing. I was starting to wonder what Peridot was trying to say before she was poofed.

Steven: Garnet, she was trying to say something.

Garnet: Those were just the desperate pleas of someone who's been caught. You don't need to worry about her anymore.

Pearl: Come on Steven. I'm do glad this is finally over.

So we all took the warp pad back to the temple to relax. We may have finally caught Peridot, but whatever she was trying to say was bothering me. So I couldn't sleep and I was inspecting the robotic foot we got last time. After an hour, I still couldn't sleep, and then Amethyst came out of nowhere and scared me.

Amethyst: I'm back to kidnap you! What? It's been long enough that we can joke about it, right?

Steven: Its been like..... an hour.

Amethyst: So-- We, whatcha doing with her foot?

Steven: Think it's lucky?

Amethyst was about to head back to her room in the temple. But I was thinking if she might know what Peridot was trying to say.

Amethyst: Not from Peridot! Well, I'm glad to have you back.

Steven: Uh, Amethyst?

Amethyst: Yeah?

Steven: Do you think..... No, it's okay, never mind.

Amethyst: Okay weirdo. If you need me, I'll be in my room eating garbage.

Then Amethyst went back into her room in the temple. As soon as her door closed I flopped back onto my bed and let out a sigh. I had to idea how I could ask what Peridot meant? I continued to stare at the robotic foot we still had and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Steven: Why were you so scared? What were you trying to say? Now you're in a bubble deep in the temple and I'll never know. If I could just talk to you for one more second.....

That's when my gem had started to glow and the door to my mom's room opened up. And I immediately went in to see if I could find out what Peridot was trying to say.

Steven: Room, I need to talk to Peridot.

Then a moment later, a few small clouds made a fake Peridot. I was really hoping that this could tell me what she was saying.

Peridot: I'm the only one who knows about the.......

Sadly, it stopped before it had even finished the sentence. So I just swatted away the clouds in frustration.

Steven: The what? Ugh, no, no, no! Room, I need to got to the basement. The real basement! I know that there's a way down from here!

That's when I saw one of the red pipes that lead to the basement. I was hoping that it wasn't some sort of fake one that went crazy on me.

Steven: Thank you.

So I got in the pipe and started to ride it down to the basement. After a minute or so, I actually found myself in the actual temple. So when I got close to the bottom, I decided to do a somersault.

Steven: Triple 550 deluxe with no cheese! Ugh!

Sadly, I had landed on my face and it really hurt. So I got up a few seconds later with a slight limp.

Steven: Yep, perfect landing.

After a moment or two, the pain had gone away and I was able to walk normally again. So then I started to look to find where Peridots bubbled gem was at. After searching for a moment, I was able to spot it.

Steven: There you are!

So I started to climb up the tubes on the wall to reach Peridots gem. Once the bubble was in reach, I was able to grab the bubble. Sadly, I ended up falling back to the floor and let go of the bubble in the process. And as soon as it hit the floor, the bubble popped and Peridots get started to glow and float in the air. A moment later, Peridot took form, but she was a lot smaller and was about my height.

Peridot: ---- THE CLUSTER. You insufferable, half-sized, traitor mega clods.

Then she realized that she no longer had any of here robotic limbs attached to her. She was in complete shock, but I was in awe.

Steven: Oh my gosh, you're so...... cute.

Peridot: My limb enhancers! Where are my limb enhancers!?

Steven: You're like an angry little slice of pie.

Peridot: Stop talking! I demand to know what this place is and where I........

Then she looked up and saw all of the other bubbled gems. Suddenly, she got really scared and I really didn't know why she was.

Peridot: Oh my stars, you're going to harvest me!?

Steven: What? No, we....

Then, out of nowhere, Peridot has slapped me. It was a small slap, but it still hurt none the less.

Steven: Ow! That hurt!

Peridot: It did?

Steven: Yeah, a lot.

It was silent for a moment and I was going to say something else. But before I could, Peridot just slapped me again.

Steven: Ow!

Peridot: Yes! Feel my embroidered rage!

Then she started to slap me over and over again. After a moment or two, I caught her hands to stop her from slapping me.

Steven: Hey! Hey, hey. What's that on your shirt?

Peridot: What's a "shirt?"

Then I caught her off by surprise when I flicked her nose. I thought it was a little funny, but Peridot didn't.

Peridot: That's it!

Then she tackled me to the ground and started to slap me again. I tried backing away, but Peridot just continues to slap me again.

Steven: Why are you doing this?

Peridot: You smashed me into a limbless cloud, you trapped me inside your bubble dungeon, and you called me cute.

Then she tried to hit me again, but this time I dodged it. And when I did, it caused her to fall to the ground.

Steven: I didn't poof you, I freed you!

Peridot: Why would you make such a miscalculation?

Steven: Back at the warp pad, what were you trying to say? Why do we need you? What do you know?

Peridot: What do I know? Everything thar there is to know about the cluster you pebble!

Steven: Cluster? Wait, pebble?

I honestly didn't know whatever this "cluster" was. And Peridot decided to spell it out for me.

Peridot: My mission: the reason why I'm on this sad rock in the first place, I was supposed to check the progress on the cluster. Just in and out before it hatches, but I wasn't supposed to get stuck here! And now it's going to emerge, and nothing going to stop it, and we're all going to be shattered!

It was all confusing to me as to what this "cluster" was. So I sat down in front of her and hoped to get some awnseres.

Steven: Ok, ok, wait, slow down. Now from the top. Emerging, hatching, clusters.

Peridot: You want to know?

Steven: Yes.

Peridot: You really want to know?

Steven: Yes.

Peridot: ........ What's your "shirt?"

Steven: Oh, these are my banana paj.....

But before I could tell her about my clothes, she flicked my nose. It caught me by surprise and then I notice that she was climbing the pipes on the wall to escape.

Steven: Ow! Wait, don't run away!

It took me a moment to start chasing after her. I started to climb the pipes and once she got to the top, started to laugh before running off. I got to the top a few seconds after her and started to try and catch her. And after a couple minutes of running, we both exited the temple, but the game were all there in the kitchen.

Steven: Stop! They're gonna see you!

Peridot: Freedom is mine!

Peridot was about to start cheering for her "escape", but she didn't. A moment later, she turned around to see that the gems were standing behind her and she started to shake in terror. I knew that they were about to poof her, but I got in front of Peridot to stop them.

Steven: Wait!

Peridot: Look, over there! Another planet to betray!

The Crystal Gems obviously weren't going to fall for it. So Pearl and Garnet summoned their weapons as Amethyst ate the pizza box she had. Peridot knew what was going to happen to her, so she tried to run.

Peridot: Retreat!

She tried to run out the front door, but Pearl and Garnet both blocked her path before she could.

Peridot: Eep!

Then Peridot ran up the stairs to my bedroom, but Amethyst was waiting on my bed with her whip in hand.

Amethyst: Hey.

Peridot: Aaaaahhh!

Garnet: Get her!

Then Peridot tried to run again and ended up falling on the couch. Then she ended up running into the bathroom and locked the door. A moment later the gem pit there weapons away and looked at one another confused.

Peridot: You may have won the battle, but the war is far from over Crystal Clods! *laughs*

Pearl: Should we tell her that's the bathroom?

Amethyst: Eh.

Y/n's P.O.V.

I was currently in the strange, white, rectangular device Steven's "bathroom" when I heard the door open and then slam shut. I looked out to see what was another gem, but this one was short, green, and, for some reason, had weird triangle hair. It looked like she hadn't notice me yet, so I decided to watch as she looked around.

Peridot: Mhm, it seems I've discovered some sort of archaic think chambers, the perfect crossroads for my escape.

I had a feeling that this was the "Peridot" that Garnet had mentioned an hour or so ago. I had honestly thought she was going to be taller than her current height. Then she got into the strange white sitting device, pulled a lever, and started to spin in circles for some reason. It honestly made no sense as to why she would try to escape through that device.

Steven's P.O.V.

Then Amethyst tried to open the door to get Peridot, but it was locked. It was a good thing that Y/n was in there to keep an eye on Peridot.

Amethyst: It's locked.

Garnet: Peridot, open the door!

Then we suddenly heard a flushing noise coming from inside. And it looked lile Amethyst knew what she was trying to do.

Amethyst: If you're trying to flush yourself down the toilet, it won't work. Trust me, I've tried.

Pearl: How did she even get out? We bubbled her.

Amethyst: Well, maybe we needed a bigger bubble.

Garnet: My bubbled are fine.

I started to feel a little uneasy that they didn't know I did it. So I decided to come clean about the whole thing.

Steven: Steven, why would you do such a thing?!

Steven: Because she knows something, something that's made her scared.

Amethyst: Duh, home girl knows we're gonna beat her into a green pancake.

Steven: No, not because of us, because something called the "cluster."

Garnet: Cluster? That's new.

Pearl: What else did she tell you?

Steven: That's all I got.

Peridot: That's right you dirt bombs! You don't even know what's coming!

Garnet: I'm getting tired of playing these games. If we can't fight her than fine, we'll talk to her. Peridot!

As soon as Garnet called out to her, it hae sounded like she fell off something. It made me fell a little worried as to why Y/n didn't say anything.

Garnet: Alright, no more fighting, let's just gave a civil conver--

Peridot: As if I'd negotiate with you, FILTHY WAR MACHINE!

This really seemed to mane Garnet angry, because she had summoned her gauntlets. A moment later Pearl and Amethyst were about to summon theirs and break down the door.

Garnet: Alright, let's kick her butt.

Steven: Wait!

Peridot: Yeah, destroy me again, and have fun trying to talk to me when I'm in a BUBBLE!

They all knew that Peridot had a point since we had no idea what exactly the "cluster" was. So they put their weapons away and decided to think for a moment or two.

Pearl: I really hate to say it, but if she has information, than she's more useful to use like.... this.

Garnet: This is going to be hard.

Y/n's P.O.V.

After a couple of minutes, I started to get a little tired of watching Peridot run around the room. And now, for some reason, she was hanging from the small plastic beam over the rectangle device I was in. And she had a strange device that steven called a "plunger" in her hand to use for defense.

At this point, she still had no idea that I even notice that I was there. So I just thought that it would be best to make my presence known.

Y/n: So you're Peridot?

This caught her off by surprise as she fell to the floor. And once she saw that I was in the room too, her look on her face went from scared to confused.

Peridot: You....... You're a ....?

Y/n: A male gem? Yeah, I know.

Peridot: Interesting, I've never seen a male gem before. Wait a minute, how do you know who I am?

Y/n: The other gems have mentioned you before. And please, call me Y/n, it's what they've decided to call me.

Peridot: Well, the "Y/n", if you don't mind me asking, but what type of gem are you?

I got out of the rectangle device and showed her my gem. And she seemed to be very surprised at what kind of was.

Peridot: A prism? But it's said that there are only three in existence. And your gem seems to be a perfect cut as well. And in all my years as a kindergarten I've never seen one like this.

Y/n: Well that's interesting.

Peridot: Yes, so why would a rare gem defect to those traitorous Crystal clods?

Y/n: Well, I'm not exactly a crystal gem.

Peridot: What do you mean?

Y/n: Well, they recently found me in an old gem temple a few days ago. And the small one known as Steven had agreed to let me stay here.

Peridot: Hmm, if you don't mind, I'd like to run a few tests on you're gem.

Y/n: Will it hurt?

Peridot: No, but you'll have to be patient, I take my work very seriously.

Y/n: I guess it's alright.

Steven's P.O.V.

After agreeing that Peridot would have to stay with Y/n in the bathroom for the moment, we were trying to find a way to get her out. But I didn't really like the idea of not being able to use the bathroom at all was going to be a problem for me. I was drinking a glass of water while we talked about the situation with Peridot.

Steven: So, wait, we're just going to let her live in my bathroom?

Pearl: Well, yes. What other choice do we have? Keep her outside on a leash?

Pearl then laughed for a moment before she started to think if it really was a good idea or not. I didn't think it was funny at all, but I also didn't like the idea Peridot living in my bathroom.

Steven: But I have to use the bathroom.

Pearl: Right now?

Steven: Yeah, kind of.

Amethyst: Just go in the ocean bro. Psssh! Like a feeyush.

Steven: What's with you guys and making me pee outside?!

Amethyst: Well I have fun doing it.

So seeing as I didn't have a choice, I went outside to do my business and then went to bed. After getting a few hours of sleep, it was now dawn and I was able to get up. Then I grabbed Peridots robotic foot and made my way to the bathroom.

I heard the gems talking about trying to get Peridot out of the bathroom to tell us about the cluster. As I got to the bathroom door, I knocked to try and get Peridots attention.

Steven: Peridot can I come in? I need to get ready for the day.

Peridot: No.

I had a feeling she would say that, so it's a good thing I brought her robotic foot. So I decided to give it a try to get in the bathroom to get ready.

Steven: I have something for you.

She just cracks open the door enough to see out of. As soon as she sees that I have her robotic foot she snatched it from me and closes the door. I look back at the gems and try the door to see that it's unlocked. So I take the chance to go inside to get ready.

As soon as I close the door and turn on the light, I see the bathroom is a bit of a wild mess. My laundry basket was tipped over, the shower curtain was on the floor, and there was a bit of water on the ground. I also noticed that Y/n was sitting on the toilet and peridot was in the corner holding onto the robotic foot I gave her.

Peridot: What a great souvenir from that other time you assaulted me.

Steven: Oh, right, I can take it back.

Peridot: No, it's to late!

Steven: Okay, so what have you two been doing in here?

Y/n: Well, Peridot had been studying my gem for the last few hours.

Steven: Really?

Peridot: Indeed, the "Y/n's" gem is a perfect cut and clearly states that his gem type is a prism. But the amount of iron in his hair suggests that he is also an Amethyst.

Y/n: Peridot thinks I might be a hybrid of two or more gems.

Steven: Cool, I guess it makes you just like me Y/n.

Y/n: (chuckles) I guess it dies Steven.

After it was quite for a moment, I had decided to start getting myself ready for the day. And as I started to wash up, Peridot decided to ask me a question.

Peridot: You wouldn't happen to have the rest, would you?

Steven: Sorry, we lost them..... Well, we kinda threw them away.

Peridot seemed to be a little upset at the fact we threw away her stuff. After I had clean my face I noticed that my toothbrush was by Peridot.

Steven: Can you hand me that?

Then she snatched it and looked at it confused for a moment. I knew that she didn't know what it was, but I had a feeling she'd get the wrong idea.

Peridot: Is it a weapon?

Steven: Only for cavities.

She just looks at it confused as to what I said it was for. After a moment, she tossed it to me so I could use it.

Steven: Thanks.

Then I started to brush my teeth like if I do every day. And while I did, Peridot was studying what I was doing and had noticed the comb I had on the sink.

Peridot: Is that a weapon?

Steven: No, that's a comb I never use.

After another minute or so, I finished brushing and started to clean my face with a towel. Then I saw that Y/n had moved by the door and that Peridot was on the toilet.

Peridot: Is that a weapon?

Steven: Hmm? Oh, well I guess it is if you get it wet and roll it up.

But once I did, it caused Peridot to let out a shriek of terror. I felt bad for her and I understood why since she didn't know I wasn't going to hurt her.

Steven: Look, I know you're scared, but I'm not gonna hurt you. And whatever's going on, whatever the "cluster" is, I want to help.

Peridot looked a little curiously at me and thought for a moment. I truly did want to help her, but I knew it would work if she trusted me.

Peridot: I doubt you can help, but I........ appreciate the offer.

I just grinned at the fact that I just made a little progress. It may have been small start, but it's a start none the less.

Steven: Cool, now do you mind moving? I need to use that.

Peridot: What for?

Y/n: Just trust him.

Peridot: Hmm, okay.

So peridot got up and joined Y/n by the door and turned around. I knew it was going to be a good thing if I could get Peridot to trust me. All I had to do was help her as best as I could.

A/n: And that's another chapter in the bag folks! Now we're getting into the main story and met Peridot. And if you liked this chapter then don't forget to leave a like and a comment. So I'll see you guys next time and stay safe out there guys. And I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 349 11
A new type of gem has been created on homeworld. An aristocratic gem. Her first job to prove her status is to check up on the Crystal Gems and make s...
1.5K 66 21
After Steven's Departure from Beach City, Garnet is acting strange: She's far more reserved and quiet but unbeknownst to the others has also been hav...
5.6K 222 62
Amethyst has been a member of the Crystal Gems for thousands of years through thick and thin. Due to the arrival of their most devasting threat, Amet...
3.5K 98 32
Zircon fled from Homeworld to get to Earth, where her other half went to before the war. They were meant to be together, but had to separate to keep...