Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 26 [First mistake]

2.7K 158 38
By Vanshika231

Finally, the day has come. Today, I will take my first revenge and show him his place. He thinks rather high of himself. He thinks that he is always ten steps ahead. But a big no. He is not that smart that he thinks he is.

I looked over to my left to see Sam sprawled all over the bed in an unlady manner, which I really don't mind. I feel, there is nothing like lady or man like attitude. Everyone is equal and everyone is entitled to behave in any manner he or she wants.

I smiled and shook my head in amazement while yawning. That's the side of Mr. Bradford, where she is sleeping at the moment. How I wish, I wake up every morning like this!

I slipped out of my comforter and walked past the bed to the large glass window in this room. One could see the early sunrise and sunset both clearly from here. It was so beautiful. Just a thing of ten minutes hardly.

I slid the curtains out of my way as I gazed out with curious and sleepy eyes. It doesn't matter that how much I want to sleep, I would have to, no matter what, do the things as I scheduled.

But what if, at the end, you would have to pay for what you are going to do? What then, Cait?

I sighed frustratedly. It is not like that I'm going to rob someone. I'm just going to go against his instructions. Clear instructions, if I may add.

Church! I feel like going to church. I sighed and moved towards the bed to wake my friend up. If I won't ask her to get up, I bet, she will not wake up. Lazy ass.

"Sam, wake up. We gotta go out, girl." I yelled as I scrolled through my phone, checking my Instagram page and other social sites. 

Our new product with the finest wood material is out in the market since only three days and our product has attracted a major portion of people of America. Well, atleast something good happened. 

I looked towards the sleeping head to see her snuggling in the comforter and hugging the pillow to her chest. 

"Sam, I'm going out to wake Mia up. I want you ready till then. Get up fast." I yelped as she snuck her foot out and hit my foot. She yawned and glared at me.

"Why are shouting like a grumpy nanny and that too early morning? I'm not going anywhere, now. Go alone where you want." She sounded frustrated and looked like a cute child. She sat up and folded her legs while rubbing her eyes.

Even though I didn't want to be the person to face her morning tantrums, I had to. For she agreed to come with us on beach. Involuntary, a smile crept to my face as I saw her twisting her facial muscles in annoyance. 

But, one question. Do I really behave like a grumpy nanny? I shook my head as I preferred to forget that she even spoke something like that. I'm young and will always be. Maybe not by body, but by mind, always.

I'm not like him. Old minded.

I rolled my eyes as I raised my eyebrow at her.

"I'm going. Get ready fast." I spoke firmly while flipping my hairs and moving out from her range. I don't want to get hit early morning. 

♤■■■♤

"Mia, as I see you are already ready, I'm going to get ready too." I spoke while landing myself on her bed. This girl is really very much excited. I wonder, if she has ever gone to beach or not.

"Where are we going? I mean, on which beach?" She spoke, eyeing me curiously and hopefully. 

"I was planning for Orchard Beach in Queens." I spoke as I shrugged my shoulders. It was a nice beach. 

I saw as her faced turned into the one as if she has seen a ghost. "No, no, we will not go there. I have heard that there are crabs in the sand." Her voice faltered as she paled. I laughed as I saw her panicking.

"Don't panick, we won't go there. How about Manhattan? " I mused as I patted her shoulder smoothly. 

"I'm always ready for that. Let's go. Oh, what about Samantha Clinton? I haven't met her yet. Is she even coming?" She said while grinning ear to ear. She pouted sadly while squinting her eyebrows. 

"She is in the room, I sleep." I spoke caustically as I exhaled tiredly. I got startled as she suddenly jumped on me and hugged me like a maniac. My body went stiff at the contact but relaxed a little later and I reciprocated the gesture.

"I'm going to head out and meet her. Com'on, you also come." She chortled while she literally ran after kissing my cheek in sweet gesture. I shook my head as I followed after her slowly to his room.

♤■■■♤

My eyebrows actually reached high as I saw Sam all ready to go out, in front of mirror, checking her purse and after a thorough search bringing out her royal perfume. This was a sight to capture. She has never been this fast in getting ready.

Mia knocked hesitantly as she crossed the door line and entered the room. Sam turned her head just a little upwards to see in the mirror, who just knocked. She turned completely as she saw an unrecognized face.

"You must be Mia!" She exclaimed while keeping her bottle back and walking towards us.

I looked in my right and leaned on the door frame, crossing my legs a little. I saw as Mia's eyes gleamed with happiness and amazement. She bit her lip as she blushed.

"You know me already?" It looked like from her expressions that she couldn't help but ask the question which she just asked.

"Yep, Cait already mentioned you. Come inside and let's talk." She beamed as she took mine and Mia's hand and dragged us inside. Thank god, I did not trip. Mia nodded her head as she followed Samantha like a lost puppy

"Are we all ready to go? I mean, are we really going? If brother comes  to know, he will be so angry. I don't want to face his wrath." Mia cautioned as she shuddered. 

"Nothing will happen, Mia. I'm here to make sure of it. We are just going out to have some fun. It's not like we are going to rob his bank. If he has a problem with this then he can go and shove it up his ass. We shouldn't care." I reassured whatever came into my mouth that time without thinking once.

I realized my words when I saw Mia's mouth hung open and her eyes widened. I frantically shook my head.

"Forgive my language, please. I'm going to get ready." I mumbled while trotting to washroom.

"I understand." Mia spoke still in a daze.

"You aren't ready till yet? You were lecturing me about time value and here look......." She trailed off while smirking devilishly.

"Shut up, I will be back in no time." I spoke in annoyance as I blocked her voice out of my ears. Ignoring her totally.

I turned my face to see that they both had already started chatting. Time to get ready. I hope, Sam treats Mia well.

♤■■■♤

We slid out of the car as it came to stop at our destination. This day, surely, is going to be a blast. I put my sunglasses as the sun was bright and it was so hot out here.

"Wow! I'm so happy. But if brother gets to know about this, he will surely ground me for years." Mia lamented again. I huffed again as I did not know the solution to her fear. Why does she fear him so much?

"We have come here to enjoy. You must do that. Stop fearing when I'm here. If he even says one word to you, I will slice him in pieces and feed—" I stopped abruptly as I watched my words going down the drains. It is not good to use such improper words for a brother in front of his younger sister.

Mia looked at me unsurely at first but then nodded with an unknown confidence.

"Let's go ahead." She said as she nodded enthusiastically.

Well, today, we kinda tricked everyone at home. Nobody leaving Mrs. Bradford knew that we were going to come here but she didn't even knew that we already had headed out and even even reached here.

Instead of taking private car, we hailed a local taxi and came here wearing a a wig and large sunglasses to avoid any fan club. Otherwise, we would be on headline and he would know about this even before I post something on my page.

Yeah, you guessed right. I have decided that I will post in my insta and Facebook about the sweet time today with my sister in law. Whom I really have started considering as my real sister

I, really, want to smash those posts at his face and want to see his look. Alas! I would not be able to see his face at that instance but I'm sure he will same when he comes back. Fuming like a bull. I sniggered at the thought.

What would happen after all this is done, Cait? Don't forget, he still has those papers under his custody. And, you are nowhere near to get those papers! Let alone a clue about those papers.

Sometimes, I really hate my subconscious who interfere and make things hard to do. Fuck it. I will do what I think is good. He is not here now, right? I can see him once he comes back. There is no need to fret over this right now.

I looked up to see that we were walking towards the coast in silence. God! I groaned in annoyance as I glared at other two companions of mine.

"We have come here to enjoy, not mourn. Chill up."

I looked towards Samantha with a mischievous glint and she grinned as she started stripping along with me till we were only left in bikini. We already had reached on our spots. Me and Sam stuffed our clothes in our bag and eyes Mia.

She was looking at us with her mouth open, flabbergasted. She looked around hastily with her widened eyes and shook her head.

Seems like we have given her too many shocks and surprises today. Poor girl. 

"There are many people around here. How can you both strip? I can't. I will never strip here. If Theo comes to know, he will slice me and you too Caitlyn." Her words faltered as she continuously shook her head in denial. What  a chicken! I'm really getting tired and irritated of her fear now. He. He. He. Fuck him. 

"It is normal, Mia. People come beach to enjoy, don't they. Look around, we are not the special ones. You should try too. It will relax you and your mind. Try it. Then also if you are not comfortable, you can always wear shorts or  dress. But chickening away is not an option.", This time, it was Sam who specified and made her understood things which I could not.

"You don't know my brother, he will slice us if he gets to know we were here and on the top, almost naked." She beseeched as she frantically moved her hands, trying to make us understand. Her shoulders hunched as she took rasping breaths and her voice kept raising bit by bit involuntarily. 

"Mia, is that what you think? Are you old minded? This is not about showing our body to other but feel relaxed for once. It is normal! Your brother does not have a say in yours or mine life. We can live it the way we like." I implied as my brows snapped together. I could not find any other way to lessen her fear or whatever you call it.

I, actually, wonder that how is he able to control everyone like this? Such a master-mind he is! But let me clear one thing Mr. Bradford, that you will never be able to control me.

I spoke optimistically, not giving her the chance to lay any excuse again, " Stop fretting over future, enjoy the present. I assure you, I'm there for you. He won't be able to touch even a single hair on your body."

"O-Okay, I'm trusting yo but promise me that you will not harm my brother in anyway because of me!" She wailed in her sotto voice.

"Promised." I smiled as I directed my head towards the awaiting beach. She nodded as her sparked with new filled zeal. She stripped out of her dress and companied us in applying skin moisturizer to avoid unwanted tanning. 

 Vote and comment, please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...
2.3M 68.5K 63
He pinned me to the wall and brought himself impossibly close to me. I was trapped, quite literally. He grabbed my ass and I gasped at the sudden gus...
175K 2.8K 35
edited 🤍🩵 Book one to The Walkers Series Liana Hargrove is known as the nice girl. Always smiles at people, always says hello to everyone she sees...