Seen Through the Eyes of Good...

By Papakoji

A fiction story from the LN series, Classroom of the Elite. Ichinose Honami originally from Class B was allot... More

Seen Through the Eyes of Goodwill
Island Arc begins (Vol-2)
Chapter- 3 (progress)
Chapter- 4 (Search)
Chapter- 5 (Gamble- 1)
Chapter- 6 (Gamble- 2)
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8 (Haywire)
Chapter- 9 (Incoming adversaries) (Rival strategies -1)
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
BONUS CHAPTER (Haste Akito)
Chapter- 1 (VOL- 3 Cruise ship arc)
Chapter- 2 (RULES)
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Case study and Afterword (:)
Volume 3.5 (Summer vacation begins)
Dressing up!
Chasing the shadows
Tail
You won't remember
End of volume 3.5 (Q/A)
Chapter- 1 (Vol 4 Sports festival arc begins)
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter -4
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14 Shifting Gears 1
Chapter- 15 Shifting gears 2. A loud whisper
Chapter- 16 Shifting gears 3. A step ahead
Chapter- 17 Shifting gears 4. The twin sisters
Chapter- 18 Shifting gears 5 Missing piece
Chapter- 19 (Chase tag)
Chapter- 20 Redemption
Chapter- 21 Curtain falls; The festival ends.
Case study and afterword
Chapter -1 (Zaizen arc begins)
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4 (Rules)
Chapter- 5 (Arrival)
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7 (stolen youth)
Chapter- 8 (Tug of war)
Chapter - 9 (White Room report)
Chapter- 10
Chapter-11 (Cards)
Chapter -12 (Ordeal)
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16 (Discredited)
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter- 20 (Hunter vs Hunted)
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22 (Last day)
BONUS CHAPTER: Chairman Sakayanagi's POV
Afterword (:)

Chapter-2 (Rules)

5.1K 194 10
By Papakoji

Chapter - 2

(Author's Note: So this part is a fundamental part of the island arc that I cannot alter whatsoever. This part is about the introduction of rules which are pretty similar to the real universe. I would advise to read it in order to refresh the memory of the rules as from the next chapter we can see how our gang strategizes through this test.)

"The test commences now and lasts for a week, concluding on 7th August when the date changes. This test will determine if you can live on a deserted island together as a group. In addition, I should warn you that this special test is both practical and realistic, designed based

On real-world corporate training."

Ike protested with the teachers for tricking us all into a special test suddenly. Although it was natural to be upset about such sudden retrogression of our vacation, still it was time he swallowed the fact and started to work on the test.

Other classes stared at us as Chabashira-sensei and Mashima-sensei took turns to shoot the flying Ike down. Once everything was resolved between them, Mashima-sensei proceeded to explain to us the upsides of the test.

"It is decided that each class will receive a total sum of 300 points. If they are used well then you all can easily enjoy the week like a normal trip. There is a manual we are going to hand you all for that very purpose."

Holding a booklet in hand Mashima-sensei raised it so that its looks were clearly visible to each class.

"This manual contains all the things you all can buy and all the ways you can earn or lose points in this special test. It also specifies the means to get food, drinking water and other necessities. From barbeque to Jet ski you can purchase them all using the points to enjoy your vacations to the fullest."

He sounded so convincing that my doubt grew further, since it was a test then why is he only telling us about the ways to enjoy it?

Students raised their doubts which were cleared by sensei one after another all directing to the conclusion that we can have fun as long as we abide to a bare minimum set of rules.

"When this special test period is over, all the points owned by the classes will be added to their respective class points at the end of this summer vacation without any exception."

Silence hit the beach, all the students murmuring among themselves and those trying to ask a doubt grew silent at once. The sounds of sea breeze were clearly heard as students started analyzing the situation.

This was a chance for Class D to actually pose a challenge to other classes since it was not based only on academics. Indeed shortening the gap between upper and lower classes.

Everyone suddenly got interested in the manual which was conveniently ignored until now.

"I will give you some supplementary instructions then."

Chabashira-sensei declared it in order to gain the attention of our class as every other teacher proceeded to do the same for their respective classes.

She introduced us to a wristwatch that we were expected to wear till the end of the test without fail. It supposedly was to ensure the safety of the students on the island since installing cameras or supervising by eyes would be impractical.

We were instructed to look at the last page of the manual which listed the penalties.

They were as follows:

A student deemed unable to continue the test due to significant deterioration in health or serious injury will be penalized by thirty points.

In the event a student has polluted the environment, he or she will be penalized twenty points.

In the event students are absent during the 8 AM or 8 PM roll call, five points will be taken for each student absent.

In the event a student is found guilty of an act of violence toward another class, robbing another class, or causing damage to another class' property, etc.. the offending class to which the student belongs will immediately be disqualified, and the individual will forfeit all of his or her private points."

It clearly was a competition of qualities like restraint, discipline and endurance. Our class points of the first month were deducted on nearly the same basis but in a much favourable environment and amidst lack of knowledge.

"Chabashira-sensei, are all classes going to have a roll call at the same place?''

"No, each class will have their roll call held at the base camp of their choice. But once the base camp is decided it cannot be changed without a justifiable reason, so think long and hard about the location you will choose as the base camp."

I see so that is how it is. Gradually the test is taking its shape but the question still remains of how we are going to spend our points.

"And sensei about a toilet? Are there some installed around here at every spot?"

"About that, you are on a survival test, do not expect such lax solutions."

Wait... what?

Sensei took out a basic toilet from the stack of cardboards stacked behind her. I was wondering what was there since we already had the watches on our wrists.

"This is a basic toilet. Each class will be supplied with one so handle it with care."

"You are not asking me to use that, right?" This time not Ike but Shinohara-san was the one to protest.

"Both boys and girls can use it. But do not worry, it comes with a single button tent so that no one can see you."

Chabashira-sensei explained as she set up the toilet with quite familiarity. She explained how it solidified the waste and suppressed the smell. It surely was reusable due to unlimited supply of vinyl bags but in the end it was too much of a compromise to the girls, who watched the process in disbelief.

"There is no way, I cannot do this at any cost!"

Karuizawa-san was the first to break the silence as all her friends joined her in the protest.

"Come on, just deal with it. Fighting won't bring you another toilet."

Ike.. now would not be a good time to try reasoning with them.

"Don't screw around! It might not matter to you but I can definitely not use the cardboard as a toilet for a week.''

Shinohara-san was ready to crush Ike alive if it was for a peaceful toilet.

"The decision is yours. However, you are not allowed to relieve yourself in the surroundings."

"But, there is no way I can accept this!"

"You have no other choice, Shinohara. You cannot go a week without using the restroom right?"

"......"

Shinohara stood there speechless, Ike had clearly won this round. She looked at Ike as if she wanted to kill him the very first chance she got. These two surely are not doing well.

"You all can discuss it afterwards, I will proceed to explain the additional rules."

Everyone forgot about the toilet for the moment.

"Soon you will be allowed to roam in the forest freely, but there are several designated 'spots' on the island. In these spots, there is what is referred to the right of exclusive possession, and only the class that occupies that spot may exercise those rights. The class that obtains the rights are entirely free to determine how they wish to exercise them. However, rights of exclusive possession are only valid for 8 hours after being invoked, after which they are automatically revoked. That means other classes can acquire those rights at the same time. Also, you gain one bonus point if you occupy a spot once. However, that point is provisional, and cannot be used during the testing period. Because the school is constantly monitoring you, there is no room for fraud. Please be aware of that."

"Huh? That is super important! Let us start looking for it right away."

Everyone's eyes were shining with hope, finding a spot had a very crucial role for our points. Since if we can occupy a spot over and over again then each spot will provide nearly 20+ points over the week.

"I can understand your impatience, but be aware of the risks. After you take those risks into account you have to consider what to do. Everything is written in the manual."

On opening the manual I understood the hazards which she is talking about.

Apparently a specialized key card is required to occupy a spot. You can earn one point by occupying a spot each time. Occupied spots can be used freely, on using a spot occupied by another class without permission one will receive a fifty-point penalty.

Only a designated leader can use the key card. It is impossible to change the leader without a suitable justification. That hints that we need to choose the leader after thinking hard and long.

Chabashira-sensei explained those rules outlined in the manual. I started focusing on other pages. My attention was caught by the final rule.

On the seventh day, the last day of the test, you had the right to guess the identity of the other class' leader during roll call. If you managed to get the identity right, then you could obtain fifty points for each correct guess. Conversely, the other class would have to pay fifty points as compensation. If you moved to acquire a spot without caution, and your leader was discovered, then you would lose a great number of points. So, high risk, high reward.

However, a wrong guess was in itself hazardous, if you happen to be mistaken, you would suffer a fifty-point penalty for incorrect guess. This in itself was enough to make the unconfident guessers back off.

"One person must be chosen as the leader, no exceptions. However, you are free not to participate. Please tell me once you've selected someone. At that time, I will provide you with a key card stamped with the leader's name. You have time until roll call today. In the event that you do not decide by then, we will decide for you. That is all."

That means that the identity of the leader will be discovered only if one can glance over the card or catch them claiming a spot.

The manual included a simple map of the island, with only its size and the shape drawn. Things like the total area of the forest and the topography were completely unknown. It was more like a blank sheet of paper.

"It looks like we need to fill in the necessary parts ourselves."

A ballpoint pen had been given to us as well, for that exact purpose.

"It's good to have a spot near the boat where lots of teachers are,

right?"

"Hey, Hirata-kun. Isn't it better to decide ahead of time what we should do about the toilet?"

The toilet was definitely going to become an issue before long. The

girls' opinions were reasonable.

"Well, we can talk about a decision, but in the end don't we just have

to grin and bear it?"

"No, there could be another way."

Hirata looked at the manual, and then looked back up.

"It says that temporary toilets can be purchased and installed using our

points."

Shinohara and the other immediately gathered around the manual. The functions of the temporary toilets appeared impeccable. However, the problem was that we needed to spend twenty points per toilet. It was difficult to judge whether that was expensive or cheap.

"We absolutely need it! I mean, I really don't like that we have to

spend points... But if we don't, it's just impossible!"

A lot of girls, triggered by Shinohara's remarks, agreed. Toilets were paramount for them at the moment, they would rather quit to the ship than bear the toilet for a week.

"W-wait a minute here, you guys! Twenty points?! Just for a toilet?!"

Ike reacted with horror. Guys surely were more sturdier and compromising when it came to this matter. The class was being divided again.

"Yes, as a toilet, that one's good. But we already have this one! Right? We still have a lot of time left to use our points. It's bad for us to splurge now!"

"You don't get to decide that. Hirata-kun is going to consider all of our opinions and decide. Right, Hirata-kun?" Shinohara ignored Ike and pleaded

with Hirata to buy a temporary toilet.

"I see. At the very least, having a toilet for the girls would be—"

"You're free to consider everyone's opinions, but that doesn't mean you get to make decisions," said Ike, frantically trying to stop Hirata, who

appeared to be about to buy the toilet.

"Ah, shut up already!"

Yukimura suddenly joined the fight.

"It's not as though I don't understand the girls' desire to have a temporary toilet. However, I'm not convinced that we ought to arbitrarily spend our points, whether it's for boys or girls. I suppose if you want the toilet, then I'd like to at least make a decision after collecting a majority vote."

He slid his glasses up his nose, voicing his disagreement in a rather aggressive tone.

"I'm just making a natural request for a girl, that's all. It doesn't

involve boys at all."

"A natural request? Doesn't involve boys? I can't understand that. Isn't

that simply a form of discrimination?"

"Discrimination? Ah, this is giving me a headache. Hirata-kun, please

make them leave me alone."

Shinohara, unable to give up on the toilet matter, frantically pleaded for help.

"This test is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to bridge our point gap with the other classes. We can't use valuable points on things like temporary toilets. I have no intention of being in Class D forever. I don't agree with Shinohara-san, who's making arbitrary requests based on her personal wishes. I would like for us to uniformly decide upon a clear policy."

"Huh? Are you trying to say that I'm not considering anything?" she asked.

"Even money can move based purely on instinct. I hate that women argue so emotionally."

"Huh? That doesn't mean that I want to use our points indiscriminately. What I'm saying is that we should have at least the bare minimum. Do you not understand that?"

"Both of you calm down. Yukimura-kun, I understand what you mean to say, but if you speak so belligerently we're not going to resolve anything, are we? Let's do this calmly."

"Calmly? Don't you agree that we should, under no circumstances, use our points arbitrarily?" Yukimura asked.

"Well..."

Hirata was caught in an increasingly fraught situation. He didn't know what to do, yet frantically tried to mediate while doing his best not to show mounting concern.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.1K 29
An unknown guest invites the ANHS students to react to different universes that will mainly focus on our protagonist Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Will they l...
22.2K 875 12
This is a Classroom of the Elite (You-Zitsu) fanfiction that will focus on the characters reacting to their world from a different point of view (Sho...
66.4K 1.8K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...
27.6K 718 29
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a student in class D at the Advanced High School, an institution that evaluates its students through special exams that determ...