The Reject (On Hold)

By Cornelia_eve

Edith Gailent de Albemont is the crown princess of the American Kingdom. Her life is full of happiness and j... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Guide

Chapter 23

2.4K 73 5
By Cornelia_eve

Claude POV

It's been months that we last saw our mate. We still trying to find and get information about her but nothing.

It's like she never exist, like a ghost. I can still feel her aura prickling my skin. That day, her whole aura transform as if she's a different person.

Caesar have already been asleep with Michelle and I was still in our office doing some paper work.

Snap.

What? What is this feeling that I feel?

"Zac are you feeling this? What just happened?"

I can see Zac sulk at the back of my mind, refusing to answer my question.

"Zac! What's wrong?"

Still no answer. My brother enter the room with a panic look painted in his face.

"Did you feel it? He asked.

"Yes I do, have you tried asking Zion what's happening."

"He refuse to answer me."

"What the hell is wrong with both of our wolves then?" I try to figure out what's happening.

"There must be some connection between the snap that we felt and our wolves." Caesar thinking hard trying to connect the dots.

Then I come to a sudden realisation. There's only one thing that could affect both of our wolves. It's got to be our mate.

"Caesar, could it be about our mate?"

"What could happened to her that would cause the snap?"

"Could it be, she's dead?" Once the word slip from Caesar's mouth, my body felt limp.

But I quickly regain my composure. It's impossible that she's dead.

"No! It can't be! She's alive and healthy when she left our pack!" I shout at my brother with a disbelief look.

"Don't deny it brother! She's dead! She's probably dead! If not what could happened to her that would explain the snap!"

Caesar words hits me deep and it force me to belief that our mate is dead. Zac suddenly made an appearance and he bare his fangs at me.

"It's all because the two of you that something happened to our mate! You mate with that pup and now our mate is gone!"

Edith's POV

After the snap, everything went back to normal and I can breath normally. Yet, I feel empty inside. I can no longer feel my bond with my mate.

I'm not sure how they feel but I definitely could guarantee that they're currently celebrating. They no longer have to face me as their mate.

Deep inside, I'm slightly glad that I don't have to feel constantly hurt. Their action will no longer affect me.

By severing our bond, I know that I will never have a chance of finding and having a mate. But I can't let my personal interest interfere with the safety of my kingdom.

I didn't regret my decision one bit, especially when my mates are assholes. Eona continue her chants and I feel light headed.

The next thing I knew, I saw a vision. This must be Miles's memory as I am now seeing everything through his eyes.

Miles's POV.

It was dark outside in the forest and my pack members are currently sitting around a bonfire.

We're currently celebrating our victory after invading a nearby pack. We manage to steal their supplies and weaken their pack through killing several of their warriors.

We usually do out monthly raid or when our supplies are going to run out soon. 

During the raid, some weak alphas would usually beg for their life and propose us a deal to join their pack.

Why join a pack and be a slave when you can live freely without any rules. You can do anything that you want without facing any of the consequences.

Isn't that what this world is? The strong prey on the weak. The royalty make a big mistake when they decide to make peace with humans.

Why should we respect a cattle and live alongside them.

The current me doesn't have the power to change that but I swear, one day I'll be the one that change that stupid rule.

I continue to enjoy the party and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I can see that everyone was having fun, celebrating our victory.

However, that peaceful time suddenly washed away when a presence of a man was felt by the whole rogues.

He stand ten feet away from the bonfire, he have grey hair and his face was covered by a hood.

"Who are you and what the hell are you doing here?"

Strange, I can't feel his presence and he just suddenly show up without making any noise. He doesn't have any smell too, so I don't know if he's a werewolf or not.

"I'm here to propose a deal."

I continue to watch the suspicious person that appear in front of me. Doesn't he know that we're rogues and how dangerous we are.

This guy must have a death wish.

"All of you shall follow my lead and I promise you, I'll make a world where rogues don't have to hide like pest and I will put your leader on the throne as a king."

I turn my back against the stranger and we all laugh as if the words that come out from that guy is a joke. This guy is a total nut job.

The next thing I know, I smell blood. Our wolves blood. The laughter stops and I turn my back again towards the stranger.

He still stands in his place but his hand is covered with blood. My senses heightened and I know that this guy is dangerous.

He smirks feeling satisfied because he managed to gain all of our attention.

"I see that you have make your choice and decide to ignore me." Cleaning his hand from the blood of my pack members.

"If you decide not to accept my offer, then I have no use for all of you and I shall kill you all right here, right now." He finished his sentence.

He move quickly and start to slaughter each of my members. I can't sense his movement and I can barely keep up my eyes to see what he's doing.

Everyone was running in fear afraid for their life.

"STOP! I change my mind, we will follow you."

After the word left my mouth, he stop his slaughter.

"Good. Wise decision. I'll come into contact in a few days time. Make sure that all of you are prepared."

Edith's POV

After that event, my vision ended and everything went dark again. So Nereus is real and his presence alone would make anyone cower in fear.

"Edith, now let's try to find where Nereus is." Eona is talking to me while my eyes remain closed.

She continue her chant and I keep focusing on the name Nereus while imagining how he look.

It takes quite some time to find him but Eona eventually did. It's him! He's currently walking in the forest with his hood.

We're looking at him from above and Eona start to zoom in on him until we finally entered his mind.

When we finally did, it was pitch dark and we can't see anything.

"Why is it so dark in here?" Eona asked me.

"So this isn't normal?"

"No, any living creature would have some kind of memory or image inside their head but I can't see anything from this guy." Eona ended her explanation.

Suddenly, a voice speak up and I can't pinpoint its location. It's surrounding us.

"Interesting, a witch trying to invade my mind, how adorable." Using a condescending tone, he chuckle at us.

His voice is heavy and laced with unknown and strange power. I can feel chill running up my spine whenever he speak.

"Now, where and who are you. I can see that you're interested in me. Let me tell you one thing, you don't want to mess with me little witch."

How could he know that we're in his mind. I remember Eona tell me that the person will not even realise our presence in their head.

Unless, Nereus know something about witchcraft and he is also a magic user that have surpass Eona.

"Let this be your first and last warning! If I ever caught you again, I'll make sure that it's the last time you'll ever use your power."

He finish his sentence and I can feel both of us are knocked out of his mind. He's strong and even able to knock our physical body.

I was thrown away across the room and knock out several candles behind me almost hitting my head into a shelf.

It's the same for Eona but luckily, there's nothing behind her except her candles.

I quickly got up and clean myself up and head upstairs. Eona soon follow me up but she head straight outside.

Worrying about her, I follow behind her and I can see her taking short breaths as if she just finish a marathon.

"Eona! Are you alright? What happened?"

"T..tha...t guy!" She couldn't finish her sentence and continue to breath in.

"That guy, he's dangerous. His magic is like nothing that I ever feel.

Since I'm not a magic user, I can't feel the type of his power and I feel nothing when we were in his mind.

But Eona is different, she's so sensitive and she can feel others.

"His magic power is dark and thick. I can barely breath when we were in his mind."

While we were in his head, I didn't really pay attention to Eona. But from what I recall, her face show that she was scared.

I let her take a breather first before we decide to continue our conversation. I look up to the sky above, and it's a full moon again.

I took a deep breath and decide to give Eona some alone time. I sit myself in the living room while waiting for Eona.

After waiting for almost thirty minutes, the door slam open and she walks in. Her expression have improved and she sit across me.

"Edith, you must stop pursuing that guy! He's dangerous!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.8K 36
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...
117K 3.9K 33
My life was never ordinary, I was never really exposed to the normal of the world. Being a werewolf is never easy, not when being rejected comes into...
2.2M 54.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
38 0 22
My name is Anna (short for Annabelle) I am sixteen years old. People always find me...strange...interesting. I've been taken by Warlocks and been res...