Dark Petals (A Hades and Pers...

By BrittanyBly

A retelling of the myth of Hades and Persephone -- For as long as Persephone can remember it has always been... More

Chapter One - Hades
Chapter Two - Persephone
Chapter Three - Persephone
Chapter Four - Hades
Chapter Five - Persephone
Chapter Six - Persephone
Chapter Seven - Hades
Chapter Eight - Persephone
Chapter Nine - Persephone
Chapter Ten - Hades
Chapter Eleven - Persephone
Chapter Twelve - Hades
Chapter Thirteen - Persephone
Chapter Fourteen - Persephone
Chapter Fifteen - Hades
Chapter Sixteen - Persephone
Chapter Seventeen - Persephone
Chapter Eighteen - Hades
Chapter Nineteen - Persephone
Chapter Twenty - Hades
Chapter Twenty- One -- Persephone
Chapter Twenty Two - Hades
Chapter Twenty Three - Persephone
Chapter Twenty Four - Persephone
Chapter Twenty Five - Hades
Chapter Twenty Six - Persephone
Chapter Twenty Seven - Persephone
Chapter Twenty Eight - Hades
Chapter Twenty Nine - Persephone
Chapter Thirty - Persephone
Chapter Thirty One - Persephone
Chapter Thirty Two - Persephone
Chapter Thirty Four - Persephone
Chapter Thirty Five - Hades
Chapter Thirty Six- Persephone
Chapter Thirty Seven - Persephone
Chapter Thirty Eight - Persephone
Chapter Thirty Nine- Persephone
Chapter Forty- Persephone
Chapter Forty-One- Persephone
Chapter Forty-Two- Hades
Chapter Forty Three - Persephone
Chapter Forty Four - Hades
Chapter Forty Five- Persephone
Chapter Forty Six- Hades
Chapter Forty Seven- Hades
Chapter Forty Eight - Persphone
Chapter Forty Nine- Persephone
Chapter Fifty- Persephone
Chapter Fifty One- Persephone
Chapter Fifty Two - Persephone
Chapter Fifty Three - Persephone
Chapter Fifty Four - Persephone
Chapter Fifty Five- Persephone
Chapter Fifty Six- Persephone
Chapter Fifty Seven - Hades
Chapter Fifty Eight - Persephone
Chapter Fifty Nine - Hades
Chapter Sixty - Persephone
Chapter Sixty One - Persephone
Thanks!

Chapter Thirty Three - Hades

2.3K 74 10
By BrittanyBly

I transport us back, knowing I have been gone longer than I should have. But Persephone wasn't the only one that needed to escape. We needed an escape.

The location came to mind last minute. I honestly had no idea where we were going but just knowing that we were leaving the Underworld. I hadn't expected her reaction when we did arrive. Her youth does slip my mind from time to time. The presence of an older soul peeks through when she speaks and often baffles me. Being the daughter of Demeter, Persephone stopped aging once she reached eighteen. Her outward appearance will remain as you see her now. However, there will be slight changes as her soul endures the years to come in her immortal life. I just hope she never loses the wonder in her eyes within that time.

Things begin to dull after you have been around for so long. Existence becomes lonely when mortals exist and just as suddenly as they appear, they are then gone. Their lives seem to be over in minutes when you yourself don't have death to look forward to. Bonds have a different meaning when those are the terms.

With Persephone it's different. She isn't tarnished by the millenniums of existing or the limits of having a mortal life. Since meeting her I have witnessed events menially through my eyes but when seen through hers there is a quality unnoticed bringing shine to the overall dullness. Maybe that is why I have allowed myself to cross the barrier I have kept up with so many others, both immortal and mortal.

I have not released her hand since arriving back in the corridors of my home. She hasn't attempted to remove her hand from mine either which I have to admit causes a warm feeling within my chest. Soon we are outside her door and don't say a word. We just stare at each other.

Persephone's eyes quickly glance around my face and I watch as the pink shade fills her cheeks. I notice the initiation of her movements and know what she is about to do. I make no move to stop her as she stands on her tiptoes and brings her lips to mine. It's not a quick kiss but it is quicker than I would have liked.

When she pulls away the pink in her cheeks has now become a deep red. She doesn't hold my gaze long before she looks down at her hands.

"Thank you again," she says stepping back to open her door. As she crosses the threshold, she turns meeting my eyes once more. Biting her bottom lip, she lingers for just a moment before slowly closes the door between us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 161 29
As the Goddess of Ghosts, Melinoë struggled to make friends growing up that weren't already dead. Melinoë, the only child of Hades and Persephone, th...
194K 6.3K 45
When the Goddess of Spring had successfully escaped the Underworld, The King of the Dead was determined on finding her. In order for her to start a n...
69.6K 566 10
FULL STORY NOW ON KINDLE UNLIMITED New Olympus: a secret haven where Greek mythology comes to life and mortals possess godly powers. Leila is the ci...
470K 15.9K 32
A retelling of the Hades and Persephone myth, a story of fate, the struggle for power, and love found in the most unexpected places. ...