Thomas Shelby Imagines

By zodiyack

Cover by .jacobite (quotev) / @vintagecaesars Imagines from my tumblr! Please do not steal! Warnings are incl... More

Tommy Shelby Special HCs
Thoughts And Trains
Princess
Well This Was Unexpected (Witch!Reader / FBAWTFT Crossover)
Happy New Years, Mr. Shelby
Siren Seduction (Version One)
Siren Seduction (Alternate Version)
Happiness
Dance The Pain Away
Valentines Day Special
Close, But Not Quite Correct (Platonic!!)
A 200+ Follower Special!!
Lost And Found
Rest Easy For Me
Lost On You
Lost And Found (Part Two / Continued)
Protection For The Lost
Phantom Of The Opera
This is The End...Or So I Thought
Home (Modern Reader!)
Wrong Girl, Right Time
Just A Little Different (Male!Reader)
Gut Feelings
Brainless Fools (Plus-size!Reader)
Little Things On Sunday Mornings
Rumours
The Unforgivable Curses (Witch!Reader / FBAWTFT Crossover)
Born To Die
Speeding Cars
Kiwi
Smile

I'll Be There

3.1K 44 0
By zodiyack

Requested: hey! if its alright could you write a Tommy Shelby imagine about him noticing y/n been acting weird lately and when he visits her home he finds out they've lost a loved one, so he comforts them? x

Pairing: Thomas Shelby x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, mention of death, mention of depression, fluff, alcohol, nudity not smut

Note: Title is inspired by The Jackson 5, I'll be there. This isn't a song fic, but I do recommend listening to the song, maybe while reading? if you want! also 1, sorry if this isn't what you wanted and 2, sorry, i didn't know how to end it oof

At first, Y/n was muttering to herself, constantly. Things like, "no", "it's alright, it's not real", and "I'm just imagining it", things that made the family exchange looks of concern and confusion. One person would raise their eyebrows upon hearing Y/n's quieted rambling, only to earn mirrored eyebrows and a shrug from the other person.

Next, she was acting...off. She'd find excuses to go home early, or to reschedule dates her and Tommy were supposed to go on. He assumed she wasn't interested in him any longer, until she confirmed that his assumptions were incorrect, but it was her small tone of annoyance that continued to Tommy after that day. If anyone else asked anything, she'd have actions that'd suggest she just wasn't in the mood.

Then she began to show up everywhere late, tired, puffy eyed, sometimes she wouldn't even show up at all. It was beginning to concern Tommy, but he brushed it off, as she pleaded for him, again and again, not to worry, offering to do anything that would make him feel better.

Now, she hadn't left her house in almost an entire month. He was done "not worrying". Polly visited her as much as she could, but like when Ada had lost Freddie to the coppers, Y/n refused to even let Pol know she was alive. Ada joined her aunt some times, but both women were unsuccessful in getting Thomas' lover to do anything.

He himself was in a panic, trying to figure out what on earth could've been preventing her from leaving. Was she in danger? Dead? Gone? It was nagging at him.

Tommy was beginning to do the same; not leaving his office unless he need to, determined to find a way to get the woman he loved back. He often sent his aunt or sister, sometimes even Lizzie, to check on Y/n, but they all came back with the same answer to his hopeful expression. Nothing.

"Listen, Tom, you need to go to her yourself. We're not the one in love with Y/n/n, nor are we your little messengers." Polly leaned against Lizzie's desk, the woman nodding in agreement with Pol.

Thomas hesitated, but closed his eyes and nodded, waking back into his office to prepare. He grabbed Y/n's favorite treats, which he stashed in a small cupboard in case Y/n ever waited for him at work, and a bottle of gin. The blinder rushed out of his office, leaving Polly and Lizzie with raised eyebrows and slight smiles, amused by how fast Tommy walked out of the building.

He decided against going in the family car, against stopping to do anything in general. His speed-walking turned into a slight jog, then to a faster jog, until he finally gripped the things in his hand as hard as he could and took off, running to Y/n's home as fast as he could.

To be honest, he was excited to see her after they'd been apart for so long, but there were other things. Like his curiosity to why she'd been hiding in her home for so long, his desire to kiss her roughly and make sure she was okay, so many things were racing around his head. The point was, he just needed to know she was alright.

When he approached her door, slowing to a stop, he reached for the knob, twisting it to find that it was locked. He knocked a couple times, earning no response. Knocked again. Still nothing.

"Y/n? Love? Are you alright? It's me, T-"

The door swung open to reveal a puffy eyed Y/n, the tip of her nose a shade of reddish-pink to show she'd been blowing it a lot, dried tear stains on her cheeks, her home was dark, though it was the night.

Tommy let his eyes study his beloved as much as he could in the small amount of light a bonfire, taking place across the street, provided. Her hair was messy, her clothes looked like they'd been the only thing she'd worn during the time she'd been in her home, she looked smaller than before, and she had circles under her eyes.

"Love..."

"Tommy." Her relived smile began to deteriorate, Y/n falling into Tommy's arms as tears escaped once more. He caught her the best he could, gin and snacks still in his grip, and walked inside with her, closing the door behind him after setting down the items on the small table by the door.

"What's wrong, my love?" He asked her as they sat down, Y/n resting her head on his shoulder.

"They... they're gone..." Tommy furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "Tommy," she turned to him, watery eyes and a shivering bottom lip, "they died..." Y/n pointed to a newspaper from her hometown, the headline's big bold black letters guiding Tommy to the realization.

"Shit..." Her little brother died due to a fever spreading throughout the smaller place, only two years old, so pure and innocent, he felt her pain almost immediately. The boy played with Tommy and Finn, enjoying Finn's company more, but still having a special place in the Shelby's heart.

Y/n cried harder, moving and shoving her face into Tommy's chest, wrapping her arms around him. His arms came around to hold her close to him. The paper explained not only her physical and emotional state, but the state of her home, things remained unused, unmoved, as if she'd been in one spot for the entire month, doing nothing but mourning her sibling.

"Come, love, let's get you out of these clothes." She didn't say anything or move, so Tommy helped her up, picking her up like one would his bride, and carried her to her room and set her in the small tub sitting across her bed.

She just sat there, unmoving, expression still empty, heartbroken, grieving. He knew she had to be cleaned one way or another, luckily, he'd help her clean up before, so he knew all of her cleansing preferences. Some might say it wouldn't matter with her catatonic-like-state, but it did matter. He wanted her to feel better, and he knew just the ways to do so.

He grabbed a cloth, dipping it into the warm water, and scrubbed the soap onto her body, then washed it off using his hands and the small jar she had for that very reason. Once she was properly cleaned off, he moved behind her, bringing his hands to her hair.

Y/n shivered, lip trembling again, the salty droplets slowly sliding down her face again. She wasn't entirely bawling or crying like she'd been earlier, she was calming and had taken the time of her silence to process everything, slowly coming to another stage of the grieving process.

Acceptance.

And Tommy was the one to thanks, as she moved past the depression stage, finally. He helped her from the tub, helped her dry off, then walked to her wardrobe. He picked a soft nightgown and slipped it over head. It was the gown she said made her feel like she was sleeping on clouds, the gown he bought her the first night she slept in his home.

Finally, he brewed some tea and poured a cup for Y/n and himself. Taking the two glasses into her room, he brought the gin and snacks as well. "Here, darling, you'll need to eat, as well as drink something. And here's some stuff that'll help with the... pain."

She nodded, reaching for the gin and taking a swig. "Thank you, Tommy. I don't know what I'd do without you..." Tommy moved the tea towards her, wordlessly telling her not to just drink the gin, and that she'd feel better with the tea as well.

"There's no need to thank me, Y/n/n. I'm here for you and with you through this." He shifted on her bed, taking her face into his hands and pressing soft kisses to her hairline, then forehead, then her lips. "I'll be there for you, whenever you need me, I'll be there."

"L-likewise, my love... And um.. Tommy?" He nodded. "Do you promise?"

"I promise. Whenever you need me, just- just call my name, and I'll be there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 2K 27
This is a compilation of imagines that I wrote for Tumblr (mostly Luke and Reggie), so I decided to put them together in a book on here too. Follow m...
9.6M 113K 163
Magcon Imagines & Preferences, all written by me. Hope you enjoy! x
370K 4.8K 69
YOU'VE BEEN STRUCK BY YOU'VE BEEN HIT BY Some shitty fanfiction This book isn't being updated anymore and I probably won't be back to edit any storie...
83.9K 963 14
Read the title. By me, for you. Also, these are from my tumblr so don't report me for copyright.