The 12 Elementals

By just-A_potato

Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One gir... More

The Elementals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Bonus Chapter. First Encounter Part 1
Bonus Chapter. First Encounter Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Bonus Chapter. The Kiss
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Bonus Chapter. Jealousy's a Bitch
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Sequel!!
A Day in the Hogwarts Life
Don't Bark at Me
Yes, Vampires Do Suck

Chapter 36

3K 190 68
By just-A_potato

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*

Zane had a room that was exactly like mine and Reason's, except it's a bright sun flower yellow with a keyboard piano.

With a single glanc Zane knew something was wrong and he had Oreos and chocolate milk shakes brought to us, the perfect therapy for a hurting teenage girl. I'm feeling in a particularly sharing mood so I told him the whole Reason ordeal. Sitting on his bed I inspect him, reading his expression easily and from what I could tell, Zane is in touch with the fire inside him. It was odd, to watch someone with such innocent and beautiful features become contorted with obvious ferocity.

Confirming my sustain, a strong gust of wind blew my hair back. "He shouldn't be your Beloved Mel." Zane roared.

Hating Hufflepuff. Zayden said. I love having him in my head, voicing his witty comments and easing my tension in many awkward situations.

Then the air was wearily still. "It should be me."

Zayden makes desprate choking sounds, So much sweetness.

I bow my head, "But it's not." I'd adore having a caring Beloved, especially if it were Zane. He's been there for me, always picking me up with a sentimental smile. Zane is my reassurance in life, the comforting friend. Since I've realized Reason and I belong together, I can't even think of another guy in a romantic way. Zane's role in my future remains the same; to be a friend.

He wraps his arm around me, "We could try this over."

I regard him, the tone he used, the gleam in his eye was unsettling. "Zane?"

"No Mel, hear me out. The only reason you pay any attention to him is because he's your Beloved. Face it, if you weren't Beloveds, you two wouldn't look at each other. Maybe you could love someone else, love them so much that you forget all about Reason." Zane's admirable glaze alight with excitement.

Or crazy.

I lean away and remove his arm because my skin is crawling. "Zane, my feelings for you have changed." I pause, "I've chosen another path."

"Don't Disney me now Melody. I'm serious. We were in love once, you could do it again."

Can we leave?

Zane puts his hand on my cheek, closed his eyes, and slowly invades my bubble. Replusion and disgust fill me. No matter our history, and what an amazing guy he is, Zane isn't Reason; I can't kiss him.

I slide away, "Zane, stop."

He, unlike Reason, actually listens, "Sorry Mel."

Put him back in the friendzone in which he tries too hard to escape.

"Can we be friends? Like how we were before you moved and before we dated." I wanted that. The Zane who I used to think of as a brother. Not this Zane who makes advances to me.

He smiles kindly and lays down, "Come here."

I crawl into his open arms. Just like the days when we were kids, nothing awkward or uncomfortable. Only me and Zane. We take turns quoting Star Wars till Squishy fetched me for dinner.

I eat in my room and try to study the book we're supposed to learn. Jordan and Aliyah have already finished it and the piles they carry with them. I can't even begin to comprehend how they remember all the small details they read.

"Melody?" Ali, followed by Kyle, Dmitri, Jordan, Ester and Vivian storm in.

"Is everything okay?" she throughly shocked me with the elated grin that spread across her glowing face.

"Wonderful! Everything is wonderful." Aliyah gave a little twirl.

"She's in love." Vivian sang and twirled.

"Seth asked her out." Kyle explains, crossing his arms. The amused smirk he wears doesn't escape me.

I leap up, uber happy for my girl, "Really?"

"Yes! Oh Mel, Seth is so won-"

"Wonderful. We know." Jordan rolled his eyes, mentally done with Aliyah's Perry attitude.

I'm still human, so envy swims inside me. Seth got his stuff together and is being a great Beloved, while mine either wants to kiss me or yell at me. That isn't right, but I suppose it could be worse. Like Reason could totally discard me as a Beloved and go around chasing the servant girls. Great, now that I thought of it, it will keep me wake late in the night.

I smile but it feels horribly artificial.

"Reason's you're Beloved, isn't he?" Ester had been staring at me openly when she made her guess. The girl knows me too well damn it.

I decide against deceiving those I love and just repeat to them what I'd told Zane.

"Melody, get your head back on." Kyle said, frustrated. His nostrils are flares slightly and his brown gaze is more solid than steel.

"Huh?"

"Have you forgotten why we're here? We came to fight Darkness and claim Enchantment. Not to chase after each other." Kyle mumbled. When Kyle's the one scolding you, then it must be bad because Kyle doesn't like scolding.

Jorden nods in agreement, "Melody, for the time being, leave the Reason problem alone."

"But he's my Beloved and he doesn't like me." I whine like a baby.Gosh, how humiliating I probably sound to them. Me, Melody Saunders, having a serious case of a love hangover because of someone like Reason. Years from now, I know they'll be telling me endless scrap about this time period in my life.

Dmitri shakes his head disappointedly, "What's more important, the future of Enchantment or the future of your love life?"

"You swore you'd be selfless like Abnegation." Aliyah added.

I shamely gaze at my feet. They're right. Bearly my first day and I've already carelessly overlooked the big picture. I should be focusing on Laufeia yet I haven't. I totally spaced on her presence, the fact that she even existed. How could I be that stupid? The Enchantains need me to be their queen and make Laufeia stuff it. I've been here, ignorant and being a puta, the things my mom would say make me form a resolution.

Love does things such as that to you. The major issues become so small, and the small issues become major.

"I'm an idiot." I admit.

"Yeah you are, " Kyle laughed, "but you're our idiot, hermoso corazón."

As I'm grinning at my friends, I notice a huge difference with Jordan. "Have you gotten taller?" I question.

"Yeah," He eagerly nods, "it's my powers, I read about it. My body is too small for the level of richness in my blood, causing me to grow a little faster than usual. It's normal and has even happened in the past. Same for Anna too."

How could this be the first time I've heard of this? I love Jordan with every atom and I've been to Reason crazy to pay attention to the fact that he's an inch taller. Okay, that's it. I'm throwing all I've got into becoming more involved with becoming a proper Elemental, queen, Enchantain, and a trusting friend. I'm changing everything, Reason can't slow me dowm because he makes my heart race.

*

*

*

Five days later and I've become a total badass.

You've made great progress little wave.

I've trained long and hard, mentally and physically. My body isn't the same as it was when I'd been fully human and my powers dormat. I have more endurance, faster reflexs and more strength, though I'm just sad compared to the wolves. Felia, the book keeper witch has taught us plenty, I don't feel as clueless or untrained.

Finn has been making us practice with each side of our hybird genes. I can use water naturally now, so much so Katara would be proud. I gotta say, water surrounds us, and lives in people. It's nuts knowing someone's near because of the water they have inside them. I can also transform into water, ice, snow and just about any other form of liquid I choose. At first I didn't like the feeling it gave me, changing from one form to another, but I got used to it. After that I was in full control of every inch of my body, inside and out. I can freeze my own blood, control my heart beat, and tons more. It's really cool.

There are many other things we Elementals can do because of our mixed magical creature and Elemental sides. We mermaids have the best powers, I say.

Heres a little list to go by.

We have this little thing called the ultimate level of telekinesis, we're telepathic (prof. Xavier is jelly), have mind control, teleportation, and animation. Water and mermaids have more to do with the mind.

The angels heal any and eveything, can make someone immortal, and should one of the twelve Elementals die, bring us back within seven days. They can breathe anywhere, deoxygenate a room, and have some level of teleportation. Air and angels have more to do with the body.

With the werewolves, animals obey them happily, their senses are enhanced dramatically, and they can control weird things like dust particles and salt. Earth and the shifters have more to do with the environment.

The dragons can see and use ghosts and return them to their dead corpses, but aviod doing that for everyone's sake. Control the sun and it's light, or any light. They can control Holy and Hells fire, mushed into the perfect combination of both. Maintain lightning and electricity, like they could drain a phone battery then recharge it. And worse, kill you in several ways; kiss of death, poison breath, skin removal and more disgusting stuff. Their powers deal more with death, souls, and the afterlife. They're closer to Darkness then any of us.

Nevertheless, the things we can do is nothing short of awesome. We were able to get all these powers underway, with very little help from Zayden, in three days. Pats on the back all around!

We're also trained swordsmen and women. When we mastered that, we moved onto weapons that would suit our magical creature side. Us mermaids go for spears, they're good with underwater fighting. The angels use bows and arrows, you know, angels, wings, air. The werewolves are happy with any type of weapon they can get their hands on. And the dragons are terrifying with daggers.

The one problem we've had, our magical creature side. None of us have transformed. I've only gotten small colorless scales, Jordan had spouts of fur, Ester had glittering outlines of huge wings and Reason had scaly arms That's been our trouble spot. I've begged Zayden to take over and make the first transformation, but according to him it's, "something I must accomplish on my own."

*

Kind of slow, not much action, sorry. This is mainly a filler chapter. I didn't feel like writing five days of training so I breezed through it and gave y'all a taste of what these kids can do.

Hope you liked it!

~Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 24 32
Note: This is my first original Wattpad creation. I know that there might be mistakes in some part but they are direct to understand. For the first f...
49.2K 3.5K 32
*SEQUEL TO THE 12 ELEMENTALS* #623 in Fantasy Kicked out of her kingdom by Darkness, how does Melody rebuild her life and take back her crown? * Okay...
860K 31.4K 34
I was never the cool girl... Never the centre of attention. Hell, the first party I ever went to, it was because Kelly dragged me to it and I was 17...
305K 15.8K 66
WARNING: CONTAINING AMOUNTS OF SASS PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN TO MANKIND In the city of NYC--- Ok. Hold up. First of all, New York City. What, are ya gonna...