A Mistake Not Meant to Bear F...

By VacantThoughts

Status: Complete Naruto gets drunk one day and ends up sleeping with an also drunk Hanabi Hyuuga. It was just... More

Chapter 1: The Mistake
Chapter 2: Aftermath
Chapter 3: Consequences
Chapter 4: Answer
Chapter 6: Breaking the News
Chapter 7: An Awkward Night
Chapter 8: The New Normal
Chapter 9: An Eventful Evening
Chapter 10: An Even More Eventful Night
Chapter 11: Confrontation
Chapter 12: Naruto's Revelation
Chapter 13: Burdens
Chapter 14: Feelings
Chapter 15: Confessions and Rejections
Chapter 16: Yet Another Confession
Chapter 17: A Mistake That Bore Fruit
Chapter 18: A Fruitful Epilogue I
Chapter 19: A Fruitful Epilogue II
Chapter 20: A Fruitful Epilogue III

Chapter 5: Realizations

4.6K 104 51
By VacantThoughts

"WHAT!?" Hisashi yelled. The tea he was drinking was now all over the table in front of him.

"I said-" Naruto repeated before he was interrupted.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID!" Hisashi yelled, surprised.

"Then what's the problem?" Naruto asked, knowing full well what the problem was. Hisashi managed to restrain his anger and surprise before he spoke.

"The problem is that you have come here saying that you are to marry Hanabi, but on what reason have you come to conclusion?" 

"Think about it." Was all he said.

"What?" 

"Just think." Naruto replied. Hisashi thought for a moment before he came to a conclusion.

"You're the one man who saw my daughter naked?!" Hisashi exclaimed, Naruto lightly blushed.

"Y-Yes, among other things."

This answer from Naruto caused Hisashi to think about things from a strategic perspective. Mostly because Naruto was a distinguished shinobi, being known nearly everywhere in the world. So, if he played his cards right, maybe, just maybe, his clan could benefit from this.

It wasn't a secret that Naruto was currently the best candidate for Hokage after Kakashi, mostly because there wasn't anyone else who was stronger and more known than him. To have a Hyuuga, especially the daughter of the Hyuuga clan head, marry a Hokage, specifically, Naruto Uzumaki would no doubt benefit the Hyuuga clan in terms of recognition and power. So, maybe Hisashi could get something out of this.  

"Well, do I need to make the consequences clear?" Hisashi asked.

"No, I already know what has to happen, bu-"

"Then there is nothing else to do, unless you decline. Which means Hanabi will not be welcome by the Hyuuga family any longer, meaning she will have to pay for her own housing, and won't be allowed in the compound anymore."

"But why is this even a thing?! Can't you just let this go?" Naruto pleaded.

"No, I can't, doing so would represent me not caring about the clan rules, and could cause distrust with the Hyuuga clan elders. I might be the clan head, but I still need to abide by the rules." Hisashi responded.

"There has to be something you can do. Hanabi is your daughter! Don't you care about how she feels?" 

"Of course I do, but this is something that cannot be altered, your choices are to marry Hanabi, or she will be disowned by the Hyuuga!" Hisashi exclaimed, his face stern.

Naruto knew what his choice would be if this trip turned out to be futile, and futile it was. Naruto had already known what it was like living with no family, and that had caused great amounts of pain for him. Hanabi would be miserable without a family. From what Naruto knew, Hanabi didn't have many friends, and he knew that some of the branch members kept grudges against the main house from Neji, so the people in her clan that she was friendly with had to be limited to some extent. 

So, Naruto vowed that he would try and make her as happy as he could while they were married. Even though they didn't love each other, they barely even tolerated the other. Well, Naruto personally had no problem with Hanabi, but nearly every encounter he'd had with Hanabi (which wasn't many) hadn't been pleasant, or friendly. 

Naruto couldn't believe he was doing this! Marriage had always been something he'd thought about after he was Hokage, near his 30's. But now, not only was he not Hokage yet, he wasn't anywhere near 30 yet, reaching his 20th birthday a few months ago. So yeah, he still had a decade. Keyword being had, now he was about to be married off to Hanabi Hyuuga of all people.

"Alright then." Naruto scowled, Hisashi didn't even flinch, knowing the blonde-haired wouldn't hurt him. 

"I take your choice to be marriage?" Hisashi asked.

"Yes." Was all he said, his face in a frown.

"Good, I'll file the paperwork, and I'll call for a meeting soon so we can talk about the date of the wedding."

Hisashi talked with an indifferent face, but internally, he was grinning ear to ear. The wife of the Hokage-to-be would be a Hyuuga, Hanabi Hyuuga, daughter of the clan head Hisashi Hyuuga. Now Hisashi would have two useful daughters.

Since Naruto had no reason to be here anymore he left, too in his own thoughts to even notice the attempts of a shy, purple-haired girl trying to talk to him. He just walked right past her, out of the building, and past the gates. He wondered how the Konoha 12 would react to him getting married before all of them, and he hadn't even been in a relationship prior.

Well, at least the council would stop asking him to find someone to rebuild his clan with. Though he would have to have a proper talk with Hanabi about that, he wasn't going to force her to do anything, and if she didn't want to have any kids then they wouldn't.

Just the thought of this whole thing happening had put a blush on the shinobi's face. He couldn't say he'd thought of this scenario with any other girl but Sakura before, so the thought of this really happening was a bit weird. So, feeling tired and wanting to have a day to rest, Naruto walked back to his new home, the cold breeze of the night starting to come through.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hanabi didn't have much to do after Naruto left, since this wasn't her house and she didn't know what would be overstepping her boundaries. But then again, she might be staying here soon, so she decided to explore the house. Entering the kitchen, she wasn't surprised by what she saw, nothing. It was completely bare, the counters had nothing on them but dishes, pots, and pans, plus the cabinets were empty. It was to be expected since he'd moved into this house less than a day ago.

Suddenly, Hanabi had an idea, she could make dinner for Naruto, since he had gone out of his way to try and help her, Hanabi left the house and went to buy some groceries for the house. She'd decided to make for Naruto. 

"It's the least I could do." She told herself.

Hanabi did not know too much about cooking but then again, how hard could it be? She'd didn't have something specific in mind, just a stew of some sort. But all she'd need was some vegetables and meat. Then she could just cook it, and boom, that's how you make stew, right?

Upon grabbing and paying for the ingredients at a store, she started to make her way back to Naruto's house. But on her way back, she saw something that made her heart wrench. She saw Konohamaru and Moegi. Usually, if she'd saw them, Hanabi would just brush it off and be in a bad mood for a few hours. But what made her heart wrench was what they were doing.

They both were currently walking down the road she was, too focused on each other to notice her, they both were holding hands and talking. Both of them had bright smiles on their faces, and they looked happy.

Hanabi guessed that they were now in a relationship since friends didn't normally hold hands. She felt tears well up in her eyes but refused to let them fall, she couldn't let this upset her, not when she was probably going to be married soon. So she ran, not wanting them to see them any longer. Having crushes that didn't feel the same must've run in the family. She reached the house pretty soon since she ran, the groceries still in her hand. 

'At least I have Naruto.' She thought.

That thought made her pause, she didn't have Naruto. Naruto was only marrying her out of pity because he didn't want her to be disowned. If that clan rule hadn't been in effect, what would happen to the night they spent together? Sure, they both couldn't remember it, but that didn't change the fact that they'd been each other's firsts.

Would Naruto just pretend it didn't happen? Would she pretend it didn't happen? This whole thought just made her even more saddened. 

Normally people her age, whether they be shinobi or just civilians, had at least one boyfriend. But Hanabi hadn't had any, and to make matters worst, she hadn't even got to remember what her first time felt like. She hoped she enjoyed it, she hoped it wasn't uncomfortable, that it was pleasant.

Arriving back at the house, Hanabi walked to the kitchen, grabbed a pot, put it on the stove, and proceeded to throw the ingredients into it. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Once Naruto got home, he smelt something cooking along with a smell of something burning.

"Hanabi? Are you here?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen, and there she was at the stove. She appeared to be mixing something.

"Hello, Naruto-kun, did you have any luck with my father?" She asked, her eyes filled with hope. Naruto couldn't bring himself to talk about it, so he just nodded. Hanabi's shoulder's slumped. So it was official, she was going to marry Naruto. If she had to be honest, she still couldn't properly wrap her head around the idea of being married.

"What's that smell?" Naruto asked. Hanabi perked up a little when he asked.

"Dinner, I decided to cook you something before I went back to the compound." She said, proud of herself for cooking something.

"Really?! You didn't have to do that, thanks Hanabi!" Naruto's face brightened, he hadn't had a home-cooked meal before. Hanabi put some of the stew in a bowl, and Naruto sat down at the dining table and began to eat it.

"How is it?" She asked curiously.

Naruto just looked like he was holding something in. The stew was utterly terrible. Naruto didn't want to spit it out, as it would be disrespectful and would probably upset Hanabi, so he swallowed it, though it took a while.

"It's great! The best thing I've ever tasted!" Naruto lied.

"Really? That's good then." Hanabi let a small smile grace her face, which made Naruto feel bad that he was lying to her. Hanabi made her way to the door.

"Thank's again, Naruto-kun. I can't express how grateful I am that you're doing this for me." She bowed.

"Don't worry about it." Naruto said, and Hanabi left the house. Now, he had a whole pot of disgusting stew.

He wouldn't throw it away, because she made it for him. She'd put her heart into that food and he wouldn't waste it. So, Naruto forced himself to eat the entire pot, on his own. After he was done, he was in the bathroom for a while. Once all that was over, Naruto promptly went to the bedroom, and collapsed on his bed.

While Hanabi, had some news to break to her older sister. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 275 8
Naruto starts having recurring dreams during a mission about a certain lovely Hyuga; and it's not the one he's married to. Fortunately, they're just...
18.7K 550 7
Naruhina Fanfiction. How does a clueless boy figure out romance? Slowly--and with the help of friends who have the couple's best interests at heart...
69.4K 2.2K 49
Hizumi has known Itachi since she was four years old. Being the younger sister of his best friend, Shisui, she has admired him from afar for years. P...
158K 4.9K 30
What if The Last never happened? How would Hinata & Naruto fall in love? A re-telling of their romance in the canon universe with the whole cast. Sto...