Pure × Isaac Lahey

By AintThatDevine

There has always been a difference between dark and light magic, but only darkness saves lives when it's trul... More

pure × disclaimer
part I
00.
01.
02.
03.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
part II
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.

04.

24.3K 822 333
By AintThatDevine

xx

"Perfect," Elora said, Isaac stilled in his freezing trance, his lips taking on a blue hue. "Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building?" She didn't notice all the eyes on her, "A house?"

"It's not a, it's not a house. It's stone," Isaac replied. "I think marble."

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?"

"It's dusty, so...empty."

"Like an abandoned building?" More thunder rolled in, Elora able to tell it wasn't naturally brought on. The lights in the clinic flickered. "Isaac? Isaac?"

Isaac reached out, grabbing Scott's arm, "Someone's here." He repeated himself, "Someone's here."

"Isaac, relax."

"No, no, no, no. They see me, they see me!" He screamed, Scott and Derek keeping him under.

"Just memories." Elora soothed, "You won't be hurt by your memories. Just relax. Relax."

The lights took normality, Isaac once again eased by the witch.

"Good." Elora exchanged brief looks with those around her. "Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything."

Isaac's eyes opened, the blue like crystal. "I hear him. He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises."

"Is he talking to Erica?" Elora asked, Scott and Derek glancing to each other.

"I think so, I can't..." Isaac's lips quivered from his lack of body heat. "I can't see him. I can't see either of them."

"Can you hear anything else?"

Isaac no longer shook, the clinic lights wavering. "They're worried. Worried what they'll do during the moon. They're worried that they're gonna hurt each other."

"If they're locked in together on the full moon," Derek knew only Isaac mastered enough control, "they're gonna tear each other apart."

"Isaac," Elora returned to the submerged beta. "we need to find them right now. Can you see them?"

"No."

"Do you know what kind of room it is?" She saw his eyes dialate. "Is there any kind of marker? A number on a door? A sign?"

Isaac gasped, sitting straight up. His eyes were solid, still in trance. "They're here." he whispered, panicking. "They're here. They're here."

"It's all right."

"No," He sank back down, his voice frightened. "No, they're here."

"Just tell us-"

"They see me. They found me. They're here!"

"This isn't working." Derek sharply said, "Isaac, where are you?"

"I CAN'T SEE THEM." Isaac shouted, "IT'S TOO DARK!'

"Tell me where you are!" Derek demanded, not taking the dark look from Elora.

"I CAN'T SEE."

"Derek, stop!"

"ISAAC, WHERE ARE YOU?"

"You could kill him, Derek!" Elora warned, the alpha not letting up.

"JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE. ISAAC-"

Elora made a sweeping gesture with her hand, Derek's voice cutting out. "I'm pulling him. He's about to go into shock."

"It's a vault!" Isaac yelled, "It's a bank vault!"

Elora pressed a hand to Isaac's chest, but he had last words that were haunting.

Once spoken, delivering grave news, he launched from the tub as if he hasn't. "I saw it! I saw the name." He was himself again, climbing out on Elora's side as Deaton handed her a blanket once Scott and Derek got him out.

Elora wrapped the blue blanket around Isaac's shoulders, holding on to them to send heat through his body to take him away from the hypothermic edge.

"It's, uh, Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's, um, it's an abandoned bank and they're keeping them locked inside the vault."

Elora made sure he was well wrapped, but the others had changed expressions. She took a glare from Derek and passed his voice back to him.

Isaac looked around, his curly hair dripping and plastered down. "What?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles asked, thinking of his catwoman.

Isaac shook his head, "No."

"You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room," Stiles went on, "and that there was a body in it."

Isaac didn't know he'd said anything. "What body?"

"Erica," Stiles said. "You said it was Erica."

Elora looked down for a moment, a silence passing. She grabbed Isaac's shirt and handed it to him after warming it with her hands.

Isaac wordlessly thanked her, leaving the blanket on the rim of the tub as he pulled his shirt back on. He sat up on the exam table, leaning against the wall.

Both Stiles and Scott moved nearer to Isaac, Derek beginning to pace as Elora leaned against the opposite wall with her arms crossed.

"She's not dead," Derek claimed with a bark, crossing the water soaked tiles.

"Derek," Stiles started, "he said 'There's a dead body. It's Erica.' Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation."

Derek didn't want to buy it, "Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else, obviously."

Scott went in after Stiles, "Maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. The one who saved you?"

"No." Isaac said, "She wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"What if that's how Erica died?" Stiles used his hands to speak, "They pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives." He glanced around for someone else to understand what he was trying to explain. "It's like werewolf thunderdome."

Elora put a hand to her temple, wondering how he even survived without Derek ripping his throat out.

"Then we get them out tonight."

"Be smart about this, Derek." Elora said, "You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac got in, then so can we."

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?" Deaton asked, aware everyone would end up dead if they ran in blind.

Scott knew it too, "We need a plan."

"How are we gonna make up a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?"

"Uh," Stiles had gotten results from his Nokia. "I think someone already did. 'Beacon Hills First National closes its doors three months after bank robbery'. Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

Derek jumped, "How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek." Stiles scoffed lightly, "Okay? Minutes?"

Elora admired Stiles' bravery and his ability to not be murdered by Derek.

x x

"Derek, they're teenagers. They have to go to school." Elora put her hair into a side braid, her phone on speaker on the bathroom counter. "We went to school, they have to too. Starting the planning at five is plenty of time." She checked her watch, "I'll be over in a couple hours. Do you need anything from the store?"

"No, El, I'm fine."

"Sure, grumpy." Elora scoffed a little, uncapping her liquid eyeliner. "Do you still like Reese's?" Tossing the brush into the air, she caught it in levitation. "I'm getting you one." With empty hands, she made sweeping motioned over both her eyes.

"Also, I think we need a rule."

"Oh, come on, Der. Peter was the controlling one." Elora had perfect winged eyeliner as she grabbed the floating brush and capped it.

"The voice thing, El." He stiffly said, "Can you not do that?"

"I did it because you could've killed Isaac. He would've gone into cardiac arrest with you yelling at him." Elora hadn't had to take away a person's voice in a while, but it often seemed to be Derek. "Plus, if I use it on a werewolf I can make the joke I like."

Derek only grumbled, remembering well how as kids he was her test subject while she developed her powers.

Elora grinned, pulling her light denim button up over a loose white tank, a black bralet slightly visible through the cotton fabric. "Say it."

"No, El."

"Please, Derek. What would I say when I'd take your voice away?"

Derek grumbled lowly, but eventually caved. "All bite and no bark."

Elora laughed to herself, sitting up on the counter of her apartment and pulling on brown ankle boots, having to fix the cuffs of her dark skinny jeans. "A very proud moment of mine when I was ten." She got down once she had both shoes on. "How is Isaac? Did you make him go to school?"

"He's fine. He's at school but he's not coming to the bank with us."

"Good. He needs to heal. Doing both the memory tricks in one day will take a mental toll on him." Elora left the bathroom, carrying her phone. "Hey, is the grocery store still where it was like seven years ago?"

"Yeah, down on Centre."

"Great, thanks. I'll be by soon and we'll save your betas," Elora said, hanging up the call once Derek said goodbye. She sighed lightly, leaving her apartment and driving to the store on Centre Street.

One thing she admits that's good about being an adult is going grocery shopping. You can buy whatever the hell you want, including the candy you can eat for breakfast if you feel like it.

Elora was big on not having to answer to adults, but sometimes she wished she could be with her parents.

Ever since she was a teenager, her parents had to go into hiding. For a time, they'd send Elora to California for the summers but once the Hale House Fire happened, she was cut off.

Derek and Laura lived with them in Seattle for a few months, but when Elora's parents had to run again, the last of the Hales chose to go elsewhere. Singapore wasn't a place they really wanted to go.

Once Elora turned 18, she couldn't take it anymore. She left hiding and moved to Europe. There she was able to go where she wanted and found others she could be herself with. Most recently she left a coven she was in for a year to come help Derek.

A coven is witch's family, but Elora chose her real one.

She didn't have much of it left and she intended to protect it with everything she had.

Elora carried a basket on her arm, walking through the nearly empty store. No one recognized her or much less noted her arrival, something that she was more thankful for than bothered about. She put in two boxes of elbow macaroni, a block of cheese, sodas and a bag of haribo gummy colas.

The bell dinged overhead, the double doors of the supermarket sliding open for a family of two teenage sons and a mother.

Elora pawwed through different cups of yogurt, trying to find the only kind she would actually eat. She would try any kind of European food, but when it came to yogurt, she would never take anything but-

"Bingo," Elora said to herself, finding three key lime pie yogurts in the back of the shelf. For one thing, she was incredibly happy to see it. They didn't sell them where she had been recently.

"Sorry," A blond teen said behind Elora, nearly bumping into her as she moved back from the dairy section. He only smiled lightly, stepping to side and out of her way.

"You're fine," Elora softly replied, nearly missing a pinkish glow to him as she started to go towards the coffee aisle. Her clicks on the ground ceased, her head checking over her shoulder with an unnerved feeling in her stomach.

When it came to the auras she could see radiating off of people, they were different per person - per species.

"Pink," Elora whispered, the boy already out of her sight and down towards the milk. "Wendigo."

They really did have everything in Beacon Hills.

-I've got SMAC cheer finals tomorrow but to get to the competition we have to share a bus with our rival school for two hours. It should be interesting to say the least -Melissa xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.3K 38
🎵𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐 🎵 Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...
103K 2.4K 28
❝I thought you said that you were only visiting?❞ ❝But I also said I'm looking out for you.❞ After her mother's death, a wi...
18.9K 597 13
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
364K 7.1K 29
Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, Scott McCall and his friends begin their junior year of hig...