MEDIUM

By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

07.

6.2K 361 40
By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian.

Adrian hated workdays, ask him why, he would tell you it wasn't the particular workday that he hated, it was the day itself, Monday was a hellish day in every sense of the word, so when he was working he seemed to be grumpy but whenever a customer would show up, you would be met by a dazzling smile, any supermodel would be put to shame, at least he hoped so.

At work he generally didn't concern himself with the other staff, small talk here and there seemed to suffice, he didn't want people prying into his life, it was bad enough three quarters of the staff was mystic, he wasn't going to add more fuel to a fire that was already raging, they were his kind but so was his family and keeping them safe was a higher priority. Today he was manning the register not waiting, it amused him how his boss seemed to want him at the register instead of waiting tables, whenever he asked the man, his response was always the same.

"You're pretty and you bring in customers, tables give them temptation to get grabby and I don't want you to get groped." He was right in a way, customers did get grabby but it wasn't to him, it often happened with the one girl who was a senior at one of the other schools in Greeneway bay who worked with him, she had several restraining orders on a couple of boys and men but it seemed they never listened.

"Adrian!" The twins cheered bringing his thought process to a halt, the staff and patrons alike turned to look at the five boys who entered the restaurant, obviously they would look at the two teenagers with heights beyond six foot walking in with preschoolers. "Hey sweethearts, oh my little princes I missed you." Adrian cooed his little brothers and each placed a kiss on his cheek earning adoring smiles and coos from the patrons. "Hey big brother." Johnny also mildly yelled and pressed a kiss to Adrian's temple, Adrian accepted the affection hungrily, he loved his family.

"Hey sweetness." Jax bent down and kissed Adrian too, his cheeks burned with the embarrassment but all in all he loved the teasing kisses from Jax. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked perplexed by the visit at work, he had never told them to come nor had they told him they would. "We wanted to surprise you, and also we got hungry, the triplets wanted fries and you know how badly I make them." Johnny explained earning a laugh from Adrian, who bent down and tickled Mark and Kent.

"Alright, pick a table and I will have the order right out, I'm about to finish my shift in five so wait for me." He instructed and the five of them shuffled to find a table at one particular corner with a window, Adrain finished his shift easily and changed into his normal clothes, since he worked at the restaurant he paid half price on any meals he chose, he picked out everything he wanted for the kids and the two older boys along with himself and paid for it.

"He's so cute." A girl not much older than Adrian stood at the table the boys had chosen, she was gushing over Mark who was in Jax's lap, yes it was cute but also made Adrian angry seeing as the girl was trying to get to Jax through his baby brother, he was jealous obviously but tried not to show it, Adrian walked with another waiter and placed the food at the table, when he did so the girl plus the boys looked at him with smiles. "Babe I saved you a seat." Jax immediately grabbed Adrian to sit next to him, it was so close that he could feel Jax's heartbeat.

"Yay, food!" Johnny cheered as he took his food and served the three little boys as well, the girl was dumbfounded as she saw Jax clinging to Adrian almost putting him on the same lap Mark was on. "Do you mind, we're trying to eat and your hovering is irritating." Martin snapped at the girl, she immediately nodded her head and waved awkwardly before rushing out, Johnny could barely contain his laughter or Jax either.

Adrian facepalmed and took Kent onto his lap and began helping him with his food. "That's my guy!" Jax praised Martin who grinned with glee at what he just did. "Sorry about that, we couldn't get rid of her, but my guy here did it for us." Jax commented again making Martin giggle, everyone was back to eating again when Adrian turned to his little brother. "Martin, what did I say about showing people you're smarter than they think you are?" He questioned and the little boy shrugged.

"Sorry, Ari." He mumbled and Adrian hugged him, he knew it was difficult to hide it sometimes but it was for the best, Adrian and all his siblings were always smart, they were always fast thinkers and they always had an astounding understanding of the things around them, being as it was Adrian knew it was dangerous showing this side of them especially in public, with a rapidly changing view of the world they were more dangers around them more than ever and it was imperative to stay out and away from anything that could harm them.

"Its okay sweetheart, I know how hard it is, that goes for all three of you." He asserted, the three six year olds nodded and began eating, Jax who had watched the whole exchange smiled happily. "You're a great parent, and it's one of the things I admire about you." The tall curly headed dream complimented and Adrian could barely keep it together but smiled in gratitude nonetheless. "Thank you, Jax." He replied through the psychic link just as Jax had done to compliment him.

"So it wasn't all about lunch and food that we needed to tell you." Jax began and immediately Adrian's eyes glazed over a silver color. "Babe." Jax shook Adrian but Johnny stopped him, when Adrian was finished going through the day's events for both Jax and Johnny he sighed, what he had seen was supposed to be surprising but he knew at some point the were clan or singular packs would come for his brother and crush. "No need to tell me, I saw." He explained as they finished their meals.

Adrian began looking around, his magic permeated the air ever so slightly that it was barely noticeable, he found what he was looking for, a vampire approximately two buildings away from the restaurant, his thoughts however were the ones that gave Adrian clues. "We're being watched, we'll talk at home about this, right now I need to go to Demair Market." Adrian explained through the link and his sibling was already vibrating in anticipation. "Please let me come with, please please." Johnny begged as Jax looked at him as if he were crazy.

"What's so special about Demair?" The tall were asked and Johnny gasped dramatically. "Only the best part of the market in Greeneway Bay, they sell the best shampoos and fragrant's there, the twins and I got amazing candy from there." The teen raved about the market as they stood to leave. "I didn't know it was like that, you've got to show me, so I'm driving." Jax offered and the kids along with Johnny cheered. "When the so called triplets and Johnny have sugar rush, I am not helping you." Adrian warned making Jax laugh.

"Hey you'll always help me if I ask, plus I'm supposed to be the cool parent and you're the strict one, see we fit like puzzle pieces on a mystic level, my little Ari." Jax teased as they all piled into his Land Rover Discovery, Adrian hated how Jax was right, he caved to almost anything the man wanted in the short space of time he had known him. "Would you be my date, Conrad invited me to his uncle's wedding, and you're well my date." Jax asserted but Adrian was already piecing a lot together, Conrad was a vampire, and so was Cooper, he had received the same invitation for the wedding like Jax.

Something wasn't right, they were scheming and Adrian was beginning to understand but to get it all together they needed to attend. "Yes, I was going to ask you too." Adrian replied whilst Johnny teased him for his nervousness and the kids were playing not paying attention to their older brothers. "Something doesn't add up, Conrad and Cooper along with Chief of Police Leyton are hiding something, we already know they are vampires." Adrian surmised as Jax drove off with a goofy grin.

"Hey this is serious!" Adrian yelled in their minds making the teasing and grins fall away. "Let's worry about this later, first we enjoy Demair." Johnny argued to which Adrian failed miserably to defend and ended up going with the flow beside Jax who was playing sing along songs for the so called triplets, they sang and laughed as Jax drove, Adrian wanted the simplicity of that moment to never end, but all good things have to but not just yet.

Jax found a good parking spot for his car though he almost took two spots, they all climbed out and Johnn led the way with Mark in his arms whilst Martin and Kent were being carried Jax. "Hello!" Adrian called out once they passed the door to the store he was getting most things for all of them. "Coming!" A lady yelled back, she looked to be in her early thirties with sparkling blue eyes. "Oh Adrian, hello, it's been a while since you came here, what can I get you?" She asked happily as her smile radiated kindness.

"I've been busy Mags, this is Jax and Kent his little brother, the rest of the—." Adrian stopped as Johnny and the three six year olds were already far into the shop looking at things. "Overexcited, as usual, your boyfriend is a catch by the way." Mags finished making Adrian blush, were they friends or something else, if you could count today or Sunday when they hung out as a date, would they qualify as boyfriends. "Thanks, I'm pretty lucky." Jax replied putting an arm over Adrian and pulling him toward his body, Adrian flushed again and Mags cooed at how cute they looked.

"I wanted a lot of ingredients for the boy's incense, and Johnny's nightmare wards, so I will look around but don't forget to stock me up a lot on the good stuff, by the way, do you have phoenix feathers and toad hearts?" Adrian exclaimed as Mags nodded and got to work on what he needed. "Wait toad hearts?" Jax inquired with a bewildered look. "Hey, it's for a spell or spells, they need ingredients especially if I'm dabbling in alchemy." He defended as Jax chuckled following him.

"What are these?" Jax asked holding up a moonstone. "A moonstone, they are used as binding agents for werewolves or any kind of were animal, they can be used to protect as well, they are most powerful if you use one with a color corresponding with your birth month." Adrian explained as a vision hit him.

~~~~

"Talax priem valix monteno liliux: I bind this spirit to the confines of this body." It was a woman, her curly black hair and light skin matched Jax, she looked to be in pain, her eyes were pools of tears as she performed the binding. "I'm so sorry Jaxon, if you're to be safe this must be done." She sobbed even harder, her hair blew in wind wild and free but her sadness hit Adrian like a Maelstrom.

"Philia, it's okay this way, he will live a normal life now, they won't know he exists, the alpha won't kill him now, but we can't stay with him, he has to leave us or he will kill both of us and our baby." The man who had spoken was a were, a strong wolf, Adrian could feel his sadness as well but also his need to protect his child, his blood. She was a witch binding her child to keep him safe, Adrian watched the stone she had used, obsidian, just like the colour of the chains that bound Jax's second soul.

He was dragged away from the ritual binding to another place in his vision, it was the Milford home, Adrian remembered the two men, Jax's papa, and his dad, Philia knocked on their door in the dead of night, they opened for her but she didn't come in. "Take him, he's yours now, I've bound him so you mustn't worry about his second soul rampaging, take care of him, I know you will love him." Philia begged but before they could ask anything she shoved the baby into Jax's father's arms and vanished.

~~~~

"Adrian, Adrian!" He could hear his name being yelled, the twins crying, that's when he dragged in as much air as he could. "Adrian you're alright." Jax hugged him tightly and he hung onto him as well. He had seen what happened triggered by the moonstone, Johnny was trying to calm the twins as Mags held Kent. "You're alright?" Jax questioned as he let go. "I'm fine babe, I'm fine." He replied still hanging onto Jax, he knew what he had said but in that moment, he didn't give a rat's ass.

Adrian opened his arms for all three of his siblings and they crushed him in a hug, Kent as well ran to Adrian and joined the hug. "I told you not to do that anymore." Johnny sobbed as he held on to Adrian. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it." He calmed his siblings bit by bit and allowed them to go devour candy whilst he finished shopping. "What happened?" Jax asked. "Transfixus mortem." Mags replied as Jax and Adrian stood next to her. "Tran-what?" The tall male asked.

"Memory of the dead, I basically died for however minutes and saw a memory from a blood relative you had." Adrian replied as the vision replayed in his head. "And this is normal?" Jax questioned and Mags chuckled. "For your boyfriend yes, he's a medium, a bridge between the nether and mystic, he can easily slip between worlds and not be affected." Mags replied as Adrian was now looking through the moonstone collections he had already found Johnny's. "Mags, I need the obsidian moonstone, do you have any?" Adrian asked the woman who seemed to be shaken by the question.

"Adrian obsidian moonstones are powerful and rare, a few years ago the head of the house of Malain started hoarding the obsidian stones, when he was ousted by Sovitetro they were given back to the people but even then they are still rare." She explained and Adrian knew she was purposefully removing the part about these families being weres, she was a witch which now Adrian knew, but to her, Adrian was a medium who could do little magic tricks for his brothers and that's all she needed to know.

"Oh that's too bad—." Adrian was cut off by Jax who was twirling around a perfectly refined obsidian stone. "How did you—." Adrian questioned still shocked. "I had it since I was a babe, my dad told me to take care of it." The man replied and Adrian chuckled, all this while Jax had been walking with the very thing that could set him free of his binds. "Great, Mags thanks for your help, boys time to go we've got work to do!" Adrian called out and the four boys came to where he was all pouting but had several items in their pockets and arms.

"Let me pay first then." Adrian added, he paid for the shampoos and candy along with all his ingredients, a lot of hearts which made Jax narrow his eyes at Adrian, they all piled into the car and Jax drove for Adrian's house, after forty minutes of driving they finally got there, it was already evening and Adrian knew he needed to talk to Jax and Johnny along with making dinner so he decided to multitask.

"I'm exhausted!" Johnny whined as he locked the door to the house once they were all inside, the little boys were already playing in the basement and Jax was sprawled on the couch along with Johnny. Adrian walked to the kitchen and pulled out everything he needed for dinner, he left it all to defrost and walked to the lounge. "I found a way to break your binds, and I also know what happened to your parents Jax, well some of it." He confessed as both boys looked at him with nothing but one emotion. Shock.

+++

Sovietro - Patriarch family name of the were clan.
Leyton Carval - Head family of the vampires.
Zenith - Head family of the fae.
RosenHill - Head family of the witches.
Starlit - Head family of the banshees
Drakenoll - Head family of the Succubus / Incubus
DarkVale - Extinct head family of the demons (Or so they think.)

+++

LMJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 2K 52
[Royals Series] Neal and Eric's Book: *Can Be Read Separately* *Its a 2-in-1 story my guys* There was something Neal hadn't felt in a long time. I...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
4K 264 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
M-13 By JL

General Fiction

184K 10.8K 35
People with powers exist, believe it or not. And it isn't some magic thing that gave us powers; it's a genetic malfunction that cursed us to a life o...