The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

Da yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... Altro

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 7

1.9K 62 16
Da yourneighbourhoodcow

(Amelia's Point of View)

That night after I had come back from the party and gone into my room, my grandma had come in. We talked about some stuff and then I brought up the question that had been bugging me. She answered me truthfully, and it broke my heart. My own dad was embarrassed of me. I wasn't expecting that. I would rather have him not know about my existence then have him embarrassed by me.

The next morning I had gone to the store to help her out. I wonder what will happen to this store after she is gone. When I had come back home, Adrian was in a tux and had asked me out. Trust me, I didn't want to break the kids heart. It's just that he is too young and I love him like a little brother.

Currently I am in the park, pushing Adrian on a swing. My apple charm bracelet was jiggling with the swing. "You know Ethan was jealous when I wanted to ask you out." Adrian said. What? I'm pretty sure he is just assuming stuff. "I don't think he was, did he tell you he was?" I ask. "Nope. But I am sure he was jealous." He said. This kid sure has a wild imagination. "Sure." I chuckle. As if Ethan would even care about his little brother asking me out. He will probably use it against me and tell the whole school how a 7 year old kid was the first (and probably only) person to ask me out.

By 3 we are making our way back home as Adrian and I are both hungry. We haven't had lunch yet. I take out my keys and open the door. Adrian runs in and up to his room. I close the door behind me and bump into a hard chest, which belongs to the one and only Ethan. "What?" I mumble rubbing my nose. "So... You wanna hangout maybe?" He asks. I look up at him in confusion. He wants to hangout with me? And on his own will? Something is wrong. Something is definitely wrong. "Are you talking to me?" I ask looking around and expecting some other person to be next to me or something. "Yes. Geez, is it so hard to believe?" He asks.

Of course it's hard to believe, I mean it's the Ethan Turner we are talking about here. "Are you that bored? I mean you wanna hangout with me. You must be super bored." I say. "God. I am not bored. I just thought it was common sense to want to get to know your friend better." He says rolling his eyes. "We are friends?" I ask. "Jesus! Yes! Remember I asked you last night!" He yells in frustration. "Sorry. I just thought you were kidding or might have forgotten about it by now." I mumbled. "Just answer the question. You wanna hangout or not?" He asks. "Sure, after I eat something." I say. What it's not like I have any better work anyway. "Okay, let's go out to get something for you to eat, we can hangout there or something." He says taking my hand and pulling me outside. What's wrong with him? Why does he want to hangout all of sudden?

We get into his car and he starts driving. "So tell me about yourself." Ethan says after sometime. Why does he wanna know all this about me? "There is nothing really about me. I am just a plain old boring person." I shrug. "That's not true. I am sure there is more to you. Let's see. What do you wanna become?" He asks me. That question is easy. "An author." I answer. "Why?" He presses. "I like writing to express how I feel. Plus I love writing." I say leaving out one of the reasons. "That's it? I know there is another reason. Tell me, I promise I wont judge." He says. And for some reason I trusted him, "I wanna write about my love story, well if I ever have one. I wanna give others hope about love through my writing." I say. "Why are you so hard on yourself?" He asks me, giving me one glance before looking back at the road. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "I mean that you don't believe in yourself. You underestimate yourself. Why do you do that?" He asks. "I don't know. Probably because I am weird?" I shrug. "See, you're doing it again." He says. "Cause it's true." I say. "Yeah, sure you might be weird and annoying but that makes you you. You always point out your flaws, because of that you don't realise that good things about you." He says.

Okay, wow no one has ever said that to me. I don't know how to respond to this. I sit quietly. We both sit in awkward silence. Finally after a few minutes we reach a diner and Ethan parks his car. We both get out and Ethan opens the door to the diner. The waiter shows us to our tables and we take a seat. "Let's play 20 questions." Ethan says out of nowhere. Gosh, why does this guy wanna know me so badly? "Ok." I mumble. "Okay, me first. What's your favourite colour?" He asks. "Lilac." I say. "What's yours?" I ask back. "I like a grayish-blueish colour." He says, looking at my eyes intensely.

Wait, that's the colour of my eyes. Is this guy flirting with me? "Shut up. What's your actual favourite colour?" I ask. "I told you. The colour of your eyes." He shrugs. "Quit flirting. It's not gonna work." I say. "When is your birthday?" He asks, ignoring what I had just said. "I did say it on the table that day. But it's on the 4th of January." I say. He nods, "Have you ever been in love?" I ask him.

What? I just wanna know. It might explain why he is a player. I mean in those cliche novels the guy is a player cause he got his heart broken, maybe that's why he is a player. "Nah, love is not my thing. It's cringy." He says. Oh wow. "Have you been in love?" He asks me. "No. Not yet." I say. He nods. "When is your birthday?" I ask, realising I didn't know it yet. "26th July." He says. Ok, so his birthday has gone by. Of course it has, he is 18! "First kiss?" He asks me. "Not had it yet." I shrug. I am not embarrassed by the fact I didn't have my first kiss yet. I am saving it for a special moment, for a person who actually likes me maybe. Before he could maybe laugh or make fun of me the waiter comes thankfully, may I add.

I order a cheeseburger while Ethan orders fried chicken. We both wait for our orders and don't really talk. Just a few words here and there. When our orders arrive we both eat and Ethan scrolls through his phone while eating. I look around and spot a couple, they look around our age. They are sitting face to face, the girl is trying to feed the guy a french-fry while the guy is playfully dodging it, in the end the guy opens his mouth and the girl puts it in. I can't help but smile at the little interaction. "What are you smiling for?" Ethan question. I don't turn to face him or remove my smile and say "Nothing." I feel Ethan look at my line of direction and mumble an "Oh." "Isn't it just so cute? I mean they look like they are in love!" I exclaim, finally looking at him. "Yeah. I guess." He mumbles. I know he is feeling uncomfortable, "Let's go home. I am done." I say pushing my now empty plate. "Okay." Ethan motions for the waiter to get our check. When the check arrives at the table I take it and was about to read the price when Ethan pulls it from my hands. "Don't be silly. I am paying. I got you here in the first place." He says. "No. I am paying. Just cause you got me here doesn't mean you pay. Plus I was hungry. That's why we came here in the first place. So it only makes sense if I pay." I say leaning forward to take the check. "Shut up! Let me be a gentleman and pay while you should sit there like a good girl." He says, narrowing his eyes at me. "I'll be a good girl when you learn to actually smile and not smirk. Which would be never!" I say narrowing my eyes too. And then Ethan does something I never expected, he smiled. And for a minute just for a minute I felt the world stop. But soon the moment gets over. Ladies and gentleman, I had just witnessed Ethan Turner smile, and if I say it was not beautiful I would just be lying.

I was so shocked by what I had just seen I didn't even notice Ethan taking out his credit card and giving it to the waiter. I clear my throat awkwardly as I sit back in my seat. "So..." I say. "So..." He repeats, smirking at me. Oh great, we are back to smirking! How great is that (note the sarcasm). "Lets go." Ethan says once he gets his card back. I nod and stand up with him. We both sit in the car and buckle up. Ethan starts driving. "Tell me about your dad." He says out of nowhere and I visibly tense up. Why is he so curious about my family? "I don't have one." I mumble. "Oh. Did he like... die?" He asks awkwardly. "No. I just don't have one." I say. "Right." He mumbles. This guy is up to something, it's like he knows something. Something that he shouldn't know. Wait did he by chance over hear my conversation with grandma? No, he couldn't have. He was with Valentina that time. Right? I am pretty sure he wasn't home. He couldn't be. I am just overthinking. He knows nothing about my dad or mom, he is just curious. Right? Right.

We get back home and I walk into the living room. "Mia! Where were you? I was looking for you!" Adrian says as he comes running towards me. "I am sorry. I was gone out with Ethan." I said as I kneel down. I see Adrian narrow his eyes at someone behind me, so I turn around and see Ethan smirking at Adrian. When Ethan notices me looking at him, he winks at me and walks out. I look back at Adrian who is now glaring at Ethan's back. What just happened. I get up and sit on the couch, Adrian follows my actions and sits besides me. "Do you like my brother?" He asks out of the blue. I choke on my own spit when he says that, before I can answer he answers himself, "Of course you do. That's why you didn't go out with me. Just know that my brother is a total douche. He is no good guy. I have seen him with different girls like every week! How does he get girls so easily? Am I not as good looking as him? Or am I too fat?" He questions, his eyes now teary. "Oh gosh no Adrian. You're amazing! You look a thousand times better than your brother. I prefer you over him! And I hate that guy! I didn't go out with you, uh cause I wanted to ask you out! I didn't want you to ask me!" I said. Great, now I have lied to a little kid. I didn't want him to cry. How was I supposed to tell him he is too small for me, I am not that heartless. Well I guess my first date is gonna be with a 7 year old. "Really?" He asks, hope filling his eyes. Gosh how can I say 'no' to that face. I nod in reply and he jumps off the couch. "Yes! Ok now ask me!" He exclaims jumping up and down. Here goes nothing. "Adrian, will you go on a date with me?" I ask. "Yes! A thousand times yes! Oh god we can have gummies, we can watch movies! Ethan! I have to get ready!" He says running out the room.

Wow, I am a horrible human being. I just lied to a 7 year old that I have a crush on him. I am more than heartless. I sigh to myself as I get up. I guess I have a date to get ready for? I am about to walk out when Ethan comes in. "What the hell is wrong with Adrian? It's like the kid is on a sugar rush or something, and I am sure it's because of you! He is literally singing your name in his room!" Ethan said, frustration clear in his tone. "Uh, I kinda agreed to go on a date with him." I mumbled. "You what?!" He exclaimed. "I agreed-" "I heard what you said! But why?" He asks. "He was gonna cry! I couldn't let the poor kid cry and how am I supposed to tell him that he is too small, that's just heartless!" I exclaim. "You could have done something else not fake that you have a crush on him!" He said. "Now, go and tell him the truth. If the kid sings for a minute longer I swear Amelia I will kill you myself!" He said before stomping off.

I walk my way into Adrian's room. He has his toys messed up in the entire room and is jumping around while throwing clothes on the floor and singing my name out loud. "Adrian I have to uh talk to you." I say. "Amelia! Here you are! You are ready? Oh god-" Adrian starts but I cut him off. "Adrian. I like you. I really do. Just not in that way. You are super cute Adrain and I am sure all the girls in your class would love to go out with you. It's not that I like your brother or anything. You know I hate that guy. It's just that you're too small right now. Don't worry about girls right now, you're only seven, who knows maybe one day you'll have girls at your house every week, and then you'll think I wish I played in the park instead of asking Mia out." I say. I don't want him to cry. Please god do anything but crying. It takes him a few minutes to take in what I said. But when he does, he nods at me. I give him a smile. "Thank you Mia. And you're right, I am too young! I have so much more time before I have girls at my feet like Ethan does!" He says. I nod and give him a soft smile. The kid looks up to Ethan a lot, I just hope he doesn't become a player like him.

I was in my room after dinner, completing every last bit of homework I had left so that I didn't have to do it tomorrow. I asked Adrian if he wanted to watch movies with me but he had a last minute sleepover with one of his friends. The kid goes to a lot of sleepovers. But I don't mind. Maybe we can watch movies next week. God, I need to get some friends. Not that I don't try, I do try to get friends, but I am not very social or I just freak them out with all my weirdness.

"Wow. Have you ever gone out on a weekend?" I hear a voice say from my door frame. I don't even have to look up to know who it is. "Nope. I have not. I like being self isolated." I say. "Really? Cause doing homework is not very self isolating. Why aren't you and Adrian watching movies?" He asks. "The kid had a sleepover to go to." I shrug. "So now you're in your room, doing homework like a loner?" He asks. What is the point in denying it? "Yep." I say popping the 'P'. "God. I feel bad for you. You know what? Maybe we should watch a movie." He said. "What? You want to watch a movie with me?" I ask looking up at him. "Yeah. Why what's wrong in that?" He says. He is really keeping this who friends charade on. I thought he would give up on it after hanging out with me this afternoon. "Nothing. It's just weird. I am not used to people wanting to hangout with me on their own will. Especially people like you." I say. "God. You're underestimating yourself again. I don't get it, why do you feel like no one wants to... I don't know, maybe get to know you better?" He says shaking his hands in a weird kind of way. "That's because no one wants to. You're actually the first person who wanted to be friends with me on your own will. It's like you have lost your mind or something." I shrug. "Just shut up. And I don't care if I am the first or last person to be your friend. Plus, you live in this house, it would be weird if we like, ignore each other or something. Now do you wanna watch a movie?" He asks. "Sure." I shrug.

We were sitting in the living room, a blanket draped over the both of us and a popcorn bowl in between of us as we both munched on it. We weren't watching a chick-flick. We were watching a detective movie and it was quite fun. I see Ethan yawn and put his hand over his mouth. I swear to god if this guy makes that move where the guy yawns and puts his arm over the girls shoulder I will kick him, ok maybe not put he just better not do it. I feel his arm drop by my shoulder. I am look towards him and give him the "really" look. But he doesn't make an attempt to remove his arm, instead he shrugs. "Ethan, I swear to god if you don't stop your stupid attempts at flirting with me I will kick you once more." I say giving him a threatening look. "Geez, you know a girl would die to be in your position right now." He said removing his arm from my shoulder. "I don't care if they would die to be in this position. I don't even see what girls see in you, I mean your flirting skills are at 0!" I exclaim. "Maybe I just don't use my flirting skills with you!" He fires back. "Yeah sure, cause if that's your regular behaviour with a friend. I am not interested in being one." I say. "Geez, calm down women. This is new for me!" He says. "What do you mean?" I question. "I mean I am hanging out with a girl who just wants to be friends and nothing more. I am not used to acting all non-flirty with a girl. Usually I would flirt with the girl and she would flirt back and then we would hook-up or something." He said. "Oh, so your whole mission of being my friend is to get into my pants. Wow!" I say.

This guy is a true player, like first he is the one who brings up the whole 'wanna be friends' thing and when I agree to it he wants to get in my pants. "No! No! That's not what I mean! It's just complicated. I mean I wanna be your friend. Trust me I don't want to get in your pants. I mean I know that's what people usually expect from me. But I wanted to actually be your friend, if you know what I mean. Like something about you makes me wanna know more about you, like discover you out. That's why I wanted to be your friend. I feel like you are different from others, that's why I wanted to be your friend." He rambles.

I find it quite the way he makes hand gestures trying to explain stuff better. I just look at him and smile and shake my head. "What?" He says confused. "Nothing." I chuckle. He narrows his eyes down at me. "Okay. Okay fine. I just find those hand gestures you make cute. It makes you look all young and adorable." I say. "Oh look who is flirting now!" He says pointing an accusing finger at me. "Am not!" I gasp. "Oh really?" He says. "It was just an innocent compliment! Take it or leave it!" I say. "Okay. If you say so." He says with a smug smile on his face. Yes, an actual smile not a smirk.

We both go back to watching the movie after that. I guess it's not that bad being friends with Ethan. Maybe I don't hate the guy as much as I think I do. Who knows maybe we would actually become good friends? Maybe I can get that one friend that I always wanted? I start feeling sleepy after a few minutes so I make myself a bit more comfy and fall asleep on the couch, with Ethan right next to me. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

6.3K 235 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...
298K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
1.1M 11.3K 15
Status: [ Ongoing ] Warning: Lots of mature content and strong language ahead. Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...