The Royal Trip

By LizzyR2017

It was one trip she didn't even want to go on, but with a best friend with a plan, she didn't have much of a... More

Main Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five

Twenty-Three

33 4 0
By LizzyR2017

Ainsley had to try on her dress for the ball and she made her way towards the room. Richard walked up from behind her taking her hand and pulling her away to an empty room. "What are you doing? I'm busy. I have a dress to try on." Ainsley complained, taking her hand out of his as he shut the door to the room.

"You are going to talk to me." Richard demanded and Ainsley just shrugged her shoulders.

"We talked."

"Not since Caroline showed up. Not really." Ainsley sighed looking down and Richard walked over to her. "Look, if I could kick her out, I would. But this close to the coronation, my mom doesn't want any bad press."

"I get it." Ainsley sighed, not looking up at him.

"And you're worried."

Ainsley finally met his gaze. "That she can give you everything you ever wanted?"

Richard stared at her for a moment, remembering the conversation he had with Caroline before. "Who told you that?"

Ainsley crossed her arms. "I was coming to work things out with you and I heard you two talking."

"And I'm guessing you didn't stay to hear me tell her I wasn't interested?" Richard asked and Ainsley lightly shook her head. He walked closer to her putting his hands on her cheeks. "Hey," He looked into her eyes, finally getting to be as close to her as he wanted for days. "I know what you are thinking. She doesn't mean anything to me." His thumbs brushed against her cheeks. "You do." Ainsley paused for a moment thinking about what he had to say. Richard looked at the hint of shock on her face. "What?"

"I believe you." Ainsley said softly and Richard smiled at her.

"Good." Richard softly kissed her lips and Ainsley felt her heart racing again. She pulled at his clothes pulling him back to the couch into the room.

~~~

Ainsley walked out of her dressing room in her dress for the ball. Sienna was in a robe and Katie was in her dress already. "How do I look?" Ainsley asked looking down at her long dress before walking over to the mirror to get a better look.

"You look amazing!" Katie stated and Sienna smiled.

"I hope Richard doesn't pass out." Sienna stated and Ainsley laughed covering her warm cheeks.

"Stop it." Ainsley said looking back at her reflection. She wasn't used to being so dressed up. She wasn't used to any of this.

People gathered in the ballroom. Katie danced with Blake on the dance floor. Sienna was drinking on the sidelines talking with an older woman. Ainsley stood at a table eating an appetizer that passed on one of the trays. One walked past and Ainsley stopped them. "Wait." With a mouth full of food, she grabbed two more of the tooth picks. "Just one more." She spoke with full cheeks before grabbing one more before letting the waiter walk away.

"You look beautiful." Ainsley heard Richard's voice looking over to see him.

"Me?" She asked, trying not to make it obvious her mouth was full. "They're really good." She motioned towards the food in her hands.

Richard chuckled, taking one from her hand and trying it. Richard nodded at the taste. "You're right." He set the appetizer on her plate. "Dance with me."

Ainsley chuckled and set her food down with his. "I have two left feet."

"I'll take my chances." Richard held out his hand and Ainsley took it following him to the dance floor. Richard spun her around before pulling her close to him. "I want you to stay." Richard said and Ainsley looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Ainsley asked, feeling like her mouth went completely dry.

"After the coronation, I still want you to be here. With me." Richard noticed the hesitation. "You can think about it. I don't need an answer right now."

Later through the party, Ainsley pulled Katie out of the room into the hall the first chance she got. "I need to talk to you." Ainsley stated looking around and deciding to pull her further away from the entrance.

"What's wrong?" Katie asked and Ainsley sighed looking around to make sure the coast was clear. "Ainsley, will you tell me what's wrong?"

"He asked me to stay." Ainsley said, feeling every nerve in her body on edge.

"What?" Katie asked, confused.

"He wants me to stay after the coronation."

Katie stared at her in shock. "Wow."

Ainsley paused for a moment waiting for Katie to say something more. "Wow? Really, wow. That's all you got?" Ainsley asked and Katie just shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know what else to say. What are you thinking?"

Ainsley paused for a moment feeling as if there were a million thoughts moving through her head. "I-I don't know. I..." Ainsley looked back over at Katie.

"Do you love him?"

Ainsley paused for a moment feeling as if her heart grew at the idea. "Yeah." Ainsley nodded. "Yeah, I do."

Katie smiled at her and before she could say anything another voice came over. "Hello ladies." Both girls looked over to see Kyle stumbling over to them.

"Someone's drunk." Ainsley stated and Kyle scoffed.

"I'm not drunk. I am completely coherent."

"Kyle, you need to get some sleep." Ainsley stated.

"It must be hard for you to be around her. To see your competition."

Ainsley's face scrunched up at the smell on his breath. "Okay, come on. Have a seat." Ainsley motioned to the couch sitting against the wall. He leaned closer to her and Ainsley moved back, stopping him with a hand on his chest. "Stop."

"Why? Only like a king's touch?" He asked moving back only slightly.

"Katie, why don't you get Helga?" Ainsley asked keeping her eyes on Kyle. "I'm sure she'll know where his room is."

"I'm not leaving you." Katie stated and Ainsley looked over at Katie.

Ainsley moved away from Kyle going over to Katie. "I'll be fine. The Queen doesn't any bad press and him causing a drunken scene will do exactly that. So please?" Katie nodded before walking away.

Ainsley heard Kyle chuckle making her look back over at him. "I don't understand what anyone sees in him. In any of them. I try so hard and they try so little. They don't deserve everything that they get! He doesn't deserve what he gets!" Kyle stressed walking back over to Ainsley. "You have to see that. He doesn't deserve you." Ainsley put her hand out again and Kyle grabbed her wrist. Not tight enough to hurt her, but tight enough she could take her hand away. "He doesn't deserve Caroline."

"You brought her here?" Ainsley asked. "Why would you do that?"

"I thought if she saw him moving on she would see me." Kyle spoke with tears in his eyes.

"Okay, we can talk about that, but you have to let me go." Ainsley stated still trying to get him to break free.

Kyle stared at Ainsley and she saw a brokenness in his eyes. "I could make you so happy. I could make you feel good." Kyle leaned in towards Ainsley holding her wrist and Ainsley pushed him away.

"No," Ainsley tried to keep him away and he quickly pushed her back against the wall. "No!"

Katie walked back into the party looking around the room. She felt as if there was a pit in her stomach. She cursed herself for leaving Ainsley there. She noticed Sienna and Blake walking over to her and she looked away trying to find Helga. "Katie, what's wrong?" Blake asked.

"Nothing. Well, um, I'm looking for Helga. Do you know where she is?" Katie asked with a sense of urgency.

Richard walked over them confused. "Has anyone seen Ainsley?" Richard asked.

"I'm looking from Helga." Katie stated with a sense of urgency. "Does anyone know where Helga is?"

Richard looked at Katie. "What's going on?"

Katie sighed. "Kyle is drunk and he's alone with Ainsley and I'm looking for Helga because we don't know what room he's in."

"You can't leave drunk Kyle alone with anybody." Blake stated and Katie looked at him confused.

"Where are they?" Richard asked.

Ainsley tried to push him off, but it was too much being pinned up against the wall. "No!" Ainsley shouted and Kyle was pushed off of her. Ainsley looked over to see Richard standing between them.

Katie walked over to Ainsley. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Ainsley nodded.

"Make sure he gets out of here." Richard stated and Blake nodded pushing Kyle towards the exit.

Richard looked over at Ainsley. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Really." Ainsley stressed and Richard put his hand on her back walking her out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 383 37
"we can't do this." "why not, princess?" "because you're my best friend." lowercase intended, all rights reserved to @romanticisedolans ยฉ- *CURRENTL...
2.2K 152 20
This is an old version, please read my new version at my active profile @DHiggins2001. Thank you!
2.7K 52 23
Just another story about you becoming Sals new girlfriend with a horrible twist towards the end
54.4K 2.3K 41
What was meant to be didn't happen and time passed on. Dakota and Jamie both gave it their best shot with other partners, but nothing quite measured...