Macanese

By The_Autistic_Goddess

"It's not like you have to save the world." That's what mum told me after dad died. Now I wish someone could... More

Prologue
The Cornwall tree
Midnight murder
Time of Revenge
What to do
Funny Bus Journeys
First Day of Camp
The Dare
Off I go
I'm Alive
How Am I Alive
Reactions
I'm Boarding!
Proof Of Murder
Ready To Die
Who to trust
The Helpful Stranger
Police trouble
Middle of Nowhere
I'm no different
Hello Triton
Awakening
Back to my family
AshĂȘanna's Truth
A trip to the V & A
Andrews Plan
My Next Task
Taking it all
Goodbye, Andrew
Epilogue

Ever heard of Triton

11 2 0
By The_Autistic_Goddess

I have been at school for about a month when one day I was in English and everything went downhill. We were having to use laptops to type up our creative stories. Andrew was placed beside me for some reason and I could tell by the look on his face that he wanted to hurt me, I just knew there was something horrible going on in that mind. I certainly wanted to do a tap but that would be nosy and I have no reason to do it. He hasn't done anything wrong and he hasn't been annoying me.

Then it hit me. Andrew kept on looking over at me with a murderous glare. Andrew was the one that came up with the idea of the dare that made me who I am today. Andrew was the reason my father was dead. Andrew wants to kill me. But to get him in trouble I needed proof. So, when Andrew wasn't looking I placed my hand on his laptop and downloaded a copy of everything that was on it onto my subnet then I continued on writing my story.

Luckily he didn't realise or maybe he did and didn't tell the teacher. So maybe he isn't so bad after all. Though that thought went out the window when after class he comes up to me and he isn't looking so happy, he has a look of revenge all over his face. I mockingly put up my hands when I saw the look on his face and backed up against the wall. "Hey, is something wrong, Andrew?" I ask him nicely, not wanting to harm him. Treat people the way you want to be treated, right.

"You tapped into my computer, didn't you?" He asked, raising his fists, ready to attack me at any moment. Looking like a lion about to surprise it's prey, me being the prey.

"Now I would only do that within reason." I told him.

"You didn't answer my question, my simple question. Did you tap into my computer or not?"

"You have no way of knowing if I am lying or not and even so you would only believe me if I said I did. For you just want to get me into trouble. Now if we are done here I would like to go to class." I smile at him and he laughs.

"It's break time and you know that, now tell me if you did or did not." He walks closer to me, my large body towering over his small (yet muscular) form.

"I already told you my answer." I smile at him and start to walk away just for him to reach out at my shoulder. Just before he can touch me, my arm swings around and grabs him, lifting him up and slamming onto the ground. I backed away slightly, no meaning to do what I just did. "Now go and don't tell anyone about this."

"It was your fault." He growled as he stood up and clenched his teeth. "Now you will pay for that. No one hurts me, not even a goddess and gets away with it." He runs at me and I stick out my leg and he slams his face onto the floor. I bend down and look into his eyes.

"No, Andrew, it was not my fault, it was yours. I had warned you about my powers but you chose not to listen to my warning. This is all on you." He looked at me and threw a punch which somehow actually hit me. I just shook it off and then Triton came into control of my body and I was left helpless to stop him. "Run." I warn him but he does not move. He lifts his arms up in defence but Triton just laughs. "You humans know nothing, that won't stop me and you know that."

Andrew flinches slightly and starts to run at me with his fists at the ready but Triton does not move. Andrew smirks and starts to hit our body just below my diaphragm but stops when we hear a bone shattering crunch coming from his wrist. Triton thinks nothing of it and grabs his injured wrist and twists it behind his back and forces him against our chest. He brings out our other arm and forms a sonic cannon and points it at his head. "Try and hurt me one more time." Triton tells him. "I dare you."

Andrew takes this as an actual challenge and kicks us right in the gut causing us to lose our hold on him for a moment, just a moment, but long enough for Andrew to run to the other side of the hallway. He cracks his knuckles and stretches out fully. He runs at us and jumps, aiming to grab onto our torso and head but only for us to bend our back as he skims past us.

Before he can hit the floor Triton grabs hold of his legs and swings him at the wall, satisfied when blood starts to drip slowly onto the floor, and drops him. Andrew just has enough time to break his fall with his hands and he screams in pain as pressure is placed on his destroyed wrist. Instead of continuing to fight Andrew, our head shoots up as we hear multiple sets of feet run our way.

We look down at Andrew, his body leaning limply against the wall, one of his eyes swollen and the other is a wee bit bloodshot. His nose is definitely broken and his face is covered in blood from the deep gash on his head, cuts on his lips and the river of blood flowing from his nose. He slowly pulls himself up and laughs, the mess of bones and mangled flesh that should be his left hand is clenched close to his chest. "You can't win." He says as he spits out more blood.

As Triton goes in for the killing blow we find ourselves being pushed sideways and pinned to the ground. Our hands are grasped tightly behind our back by someone who is also pressing down on our torso. We try to move our legs to get up but some of the campus security officers, possibly 2 or 3, hold my legs firmly in place while another officer holds my head and shoulders down on the ground with their strong hold.

Our eyes find their way to Andrew who is being treated by some of the school doctors, one of which is on the phone to possibly to the ambulance service. Triton growls and tries to wiggles our way out of this situation. We notice that Matron is talking to one of the officers and then we follow her body as she comes and kneels down beside us and looks into our eyes. "Hi, Triton." She says warely. "You mind letting us have Maz back now."

"Their title is Lady Macanese, use it." Triton growls. Matron just smiles and nods at us. She places a comforting hand on our back and we flinch from her cold hands.

"Sorry." She says. "Can we please have Lady Macanese back." Triton just looks at her dangerously. She leans back a little bit. "We need to figure out what happened." He just spat at her in disgust. "That's enough of me being nice." She quipped. "Triton disengage now or there will be consequences." He just shook his head as much as he could. "I said disengage now!" As Triton disengaged I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest and I let out a blood curdling scream.

"Turn them on their back now!" Matron ordered the officers. They gently moved me onto my back and held me down again, softly this time on my hands and legs only, just in case. I look up at Matron breathing heavily. "Maz, are you back in control?" She says, silently praying that I was.

"Never knew that it would hurt." I told Matron who just looked confused at my statement. "You know, gaining back control after Triton forcefully made his way to the front. Normally I just let him through. And man am I going to have a monster headache in the morning." They all laugh as the officers help me stand up again. I turn to Matron and smile. "Thanks for doing that." I turn to face the others. "All of you, and you." I harsley point to Andrew. "Never threaten me again, especially to the point where Triton forces control to himself because he thinks that I am in danger."

Andrew snarled at me before being led off into the waiting ambulance outside. My eyes subconsciously followed his form until he was inside the ambulance with one of the EMT's. The other one walks over to where I am leaning on the wall. When they start getting out their medical supplies I shake my head at them. "I'm fine." I say, clearly not. They ignore what I'm saying and start to try to sterilize the wound on my head that I didn't even know was there but sadly was too short so I bent down to a manageable height.

"Thanks." They say in an almost monotone voice. I feel a little bit dizzy and lean against the wall more. The surrounding area is a bit blurry. "What's wrong?" They ask in a sympathetic and worried tone. I don't talk and they don't mind. "Okay, I'm going to slowly list the symptoms, I want you to nod if you can when it's the correct one, okay?" I hum. "Cloudy vision. Tiredness. Dizziness." I nod for the last two. "Okay, so I believe that you have a concussion of some sorts, don't know how severe it is, as it is next to impossible to check due to the fact that you are technically blind, have super strength and your body is made of metal."

"Yeah, I know. But hey it will be gone soon anyway, 3 hours max. Now I am going to get something to eat before heading off to lessons. My glucose levels are tanked, one of the disadvantages of being a speedster, another being sensitivity to the cold." They chuckle before taking out the blood pressure machine. "Don't even try, my blood pressure, heart rate and temperature are messed up." They put it back into the med kit before standing up.

"Come into the hospital if your condition worsens. Take some pain killers for the headache once every 4 hours if needed." I nod. He looks at my face and stops. "Do you want to come in to fix your nose or do you want to do it here?"

"I'd come with you but my glucose levels are too low for me to actually stand up without passing out." He nods and heads into the ambulance and brings out a wheelchair before helping me into it. Before we can leave Matron puts her hands on my shoulder. "Yeah?" I ask.

"Why did Triton think that Andrew was a threat?"

"He has tried to kill me."

"That was last year, why would he only attack now, what triggered it."

"He thought I did something I didn't do. Then when I told him the truth he thought I was lying and started to attack me. I managed to suppress Triton but eventually he managed to take control of my body and practically beat Andrew to a pulp. Would have killed him if it weren't for the officers pinning me down."

"Thank you." Matron stands back and the EMT pushes me into the ambulance. I look at Andrew with a death glare. He is lying down with his arm in a splint and bandages on his face. His pulse is slow and breathing labored. He has been placed onto a spinal board with a brace on his neck. The EMT sets off an IV for me and inserts into my hand before checking on Andrew.

It didn't take long to get to the hospital but by the time we arrived I was half asleep. The medics cart Andrew off to the emergency room and some nurse helps me onto a bed. They fix my nose very quickly then I just wait for my glucose levels to go back up before I can leave. I sign the discharge papers before teleporting back to school. I walk up to Matron's office and knock on her door.

She opens it and looks at my crying face and places her hand around my shoulder and walks me inside, closing the door behind her. She holds me close and comforts me, reassuring me that it's not my fault. "I can't. I can't do this anymore." She strokes my hair and holds my hands.

"You're not doing this alone." She tells me and I smile a little. "There will always be someone to help you on the way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370 97 20
The future, where a great war generations ago nearly destroyed the human race with disease and famine gave way to a new 'problem'. Once everything wa...
80 8 8
A mere misunderstanding ruined a ginger's life once, and one single death ruined his and everyone else's once again. The cozy restaurants and all, go...
1.7K 392 18
What happens when you find out that the rumors that you always considered impossible might be true after all? How do you survive in a world that does...
62.7K 1.3K 30
They say love is poison but I live when I die for you everyday..