Midnight Adopts A Child Named...

By Passing_Ghost_Friend

Izuku's mother died in a villain attack. The villain is apparently his father, who is now in prison. Midnight... More

Midnight Makes a Decision
Interview Time
Babysitting Adventure
A Wrong Diagnosis Leads to Unfortunate Accidents
Izuku's Quirk
Prepping for New School
New School, New Friends, Same Izuku
Hitoshi Enters Stage Left as Izuku's Cousin
Izuku's Birthday Party
Play Date with Kacchan!
Halloween
Izuku and Tenya meets Shoto
Suspicions are Correct
Aftermath
Fire Exposure
The Slow Start of Izuku's Training
Momo & Izuku Day
Tenya & Izuku's Day
Shoto & Izuku's Day
Hitoshi and Izuku Relax
Katsuki & Izuku at the Arcade
Timeskip Training
Meeting Someone in the Park, Outside of School, and Under a Tunnel
The Party

Izuku meets All Might/ Group trip to Zoo

8K 317 182
By Passing_Ghost_Friend

"Hey, mom. Why are we going to UA? Does Nedzu want to talk about my analysis again? Are we going to train?!"

Nemuri shook her head "No, not today. I am going to talk to the principal about a new job opening that I was interested in taking. There is a teaching spot open, so I was going to meet with him to discuss it."

"You're going to work at UA?" Izuku asked as the two entered the front doors of the school.

"If the meeting goes well, I will be roaming these halls of UA as a new teacher. I heard it either had some to do with history or art," Nemuri said as she walked with him down the familiar walls of UA. "And while the meeting goes on, I want you to go to Recovery Girl's office for her to watch over you."

Izuku nods back at her. "Okay! Got it."

'Ooh, maybe I can ask for some candy since she always has some to spare,' Izuku thought to himself as he rushed in the direction of Recovery Girl's office.

Izuku practically skipped down the hall towards the nurse's office. Once he arrived, he rested his hands on the door to push it open.

"Toshinori, this is getting ridiculous! You are way too reckless especially after facing you know who not too long ago. You have to rest!"

Izuku stiffens up when he hears the familiar voice of Recovery Girl coming from outside her office doors which are closed. He stands outside the door, careful not to make a sound because he doesn't want to intrude on the conversation. But from the can see through the window, it looked like the Number One Hero was talking to the nurse from the familiar booming voice that sounded more quiet.

"That's what Sir Nighteye said to me. He advised that I should retire... But I can't just leave because the people of Japan need me," All Might said before coughing into his fist. "If they are still waiting for All Might, then I have to be the one there for them as their Symbol of Peace."

"Honestly, I somewhat agree with him. I don't think you have to retire if you truly don't want to. But you must at least take a break to heal properly and take better care of yourself. If you won't allow yourself to take a break, it will just make you suffer longer than needed," Recovery Girl scolded. Izuku can almost see the concerned look on her wrinkly face. "Your injury has already greatly impacted your life, don't let it get even worse by you acting recklessly!"

"But I can't rest when there is more villain that is out there. Bad people who are going to hurt the innocent when I am not around," All Might sighed, "Nighteye said he wouldn't support me as my sidekick any longer since I won't retire. All because of the future he saw with his quirk. But I have to keep protecting the people as long as I can. I want to be able to save them. I need them to know that All Might is still there for them."

The door accidentally creaks open as Izuku stumbles into the entryway. Toshinori coughs up blood which causes him to freak out about him.

Izuku waves his hands wildly, "Are you okay, All Might?"

"I'-I'm fine. And who might you be, young man?"

"I'm Kayama Izuku. My Mom sent me here while she talks with Principal Nedzu," Izuku answered. "I heard a bit of your conversation when I was outside because I didn't want to be a rude interruption while you two were talking."

"Oh, that is perfectly fine since All Might will be staying in this office for a bit longer to rest." All Might stiffened at her strict gaze.

"Did he push himself as Uncle Zashi and Uncle Zawa do?" Izuku asked Recovery Girl.

The pro hero nurse nodded back at him, "Yes, and even worse. But he can't get it through his stubborn head that he needs to take a rest once in a while especially now."

"All Might, did you get hurt? Was it Toxic Chainsaw? Wait, why aren't you resting?" Izuku started to ramble, accidentally causing the houseplant behind him to float upwards. He immediately noticed and gently placed it back on the ground. "Oops, sorry. I am still working on that."

The pro hero waved off the young boy's worries, "Yes, but it is nothing to worry about. I'll get better soon in no time so I can get back to the streets and-,"

"All Might. Can you answer a question for me?"

All Might questioned back at the young boy, "Uh, yes. What might it be that you wish to ask me? An autograph?"

"Are you human?" Izuku asked.

"Yes!"

"So you admit you are human. So you aren't some heavenly god who can't just regenerate or heal yourself back in no time. So you aren't some immortal being that can go eons without dying at all," Izuku calmly replied.

All Might look around, "Um, what is this leading to?"

"Well, I don't like to see people push themselves too hard. I saw it with my mom when she came back from a harsh fight with a severe case of quirk exhaustion. My uncle lost his voice for an entire week because he kept pushing himself during a patrol. I see it dozens of times in-hero fights on the news and online! And I hate to watch someone suffer because they don't think that they can take a break," Izuku paused while All Might started to look a bit guilty. "All Might, you might be the Symbol of Peace... But you are still a human being that needs to take care of yourself! There are other heroes out there that will support the public when you are resting and heroes that will support you when you come back onto the field. For now, just take a break."

All Might grinned, "Thank you for your kind words, young man."

"And I'll make sure he continued to rest. You might want to get ready, I think that Nedzu is done talking with Midnight already," Recovery Girl said.

"Midnight?"

Recovery Girl totaled her head, "Didn't you know? Midnight is his mother."

All Might smiled, "Oh my goodness. I almost forgot, but now I remember because of that interview all those years ago!"

The three continue to talk for a little bit longer until Midnight stopped by to pick up her son. Izuku didn't leave without an autograph from All Might. All Might also say something to Midnight about how she has raised such a kind boy.

*

After the interview, Nemuri took Izuku with her to the zoo to meet up with his uncle and his cousin. She waved happily when she saw her longtime friends which were accompanied by Izuku's excited scream at seeing them.

"Uncle Zasshi! Uncle Zawa! Hito-Chan!" Izuku cried out, almost dragging Nemuri by their joined hands to run to them. After deeming it safe, she let go for Izuku to run into the long awaiting arms of Hizashi.

Hizashi picked Izuku up off the ground to swing him around once before setting him back down on the ground. Izuku laughed before latching onto his other uncle who returned his embrace."Ahhh! Little Listener! How have you been? I heard you protected your mom when she went to talk to Nedzu today?"

"Yeah! And I met All Might!" Izuku replied before attacking Hitoshi into a softer hug.

"Wow," Hitoshi commented while he patted Izuku's back. He pushed his cousin back a small bit to look at his face to get more details from him. "What happened?"

"Why was he there?" Hizashi asked confused as to why the number one hero was at UA.

"He was meeting with Recovery Girl to talk about something," Nemuri said before leaning in to whisper. "I think Izuku melted his defenses a little bit."

"Let me guess. Like any other reckless hero, he was pushing himself too much, and then Izuku helped him out," Aizawa stated without any hesitance in his tone. When Nemuri nodded, he sighed. "Of course..."

"That makes sense," Hitoshi responded with a nod.

Nemuri tilted her head towards the awaiting ticket center at the front, "Shouldn't we start heading in?"

"Yeah. Man, it's been a while since we've come here. And now we are all here together bonding!" Hizashi exclaimed, ruffling Hitoshi and Izuku's hair.

"Yeah, I wanted to see the insectarium, but then I remember that Papa is a scaredy-cat around bugs," Hitoshi commented to his cousin.

Hizashi pouted, "I'm not a scaredy-cat! I have faced against some of the worst villains out there."

"And yet, as soon as you saw a cockroach, you are running for the hills while I'm the one who was to get rid of it," Aizawa said back to him while Nemuri nodded.

"Shouta, they are terrifying. Bugs are terrifying. Have you seen their little itty bitty faces with their fangs! They could kill me with one bite or sting. They could kill you!" Hizashi argued loudly. "This is a rational fear!"

Aizawa sighed, "Okay, Hizashi. Let's just get in here fast before even more people decide that today is the perfect day to visit the zoo. I don't want to be surrounded by so many screaming children."

But thankfully, the loud children around them didn't bother Aizawa as much as it would seem since there weren't many children around the time. Most of them were already heading home when they went inside.

The group decided to just do a loop around the zoo to visit all of the exhibits.

When they went to the reptile section, Hitoshi had a long staring contest with a snake until Hitoshi finally blinked to relieve his eyes. Hizashi ended up jumping when he saw a bug inside one of the reptile's habitats only to jump again when the snake leaped out to eat the bug. Aizawa dragged him away by his jacket for him not to get freaked out again since he doesn't want to erase his quirk each time.

The bird exhibit was easily Aizawa's least favorite and Hizashi's most favorite out of everything. Izuku started to laugh when the birds started to mock the same sounds that Hizashi was making.

Nemuri liked the seals in the water habitat because of the way they just flopped around on land. And Izuku liked the penguins because it reminded him of Shoto's quirk and how Iida would act sometimes. When he saw a penguin flap their wing, he was instantly reminded of his friend.

Until they finally came to the last spot that they all wanted to see.

Izuku cheered, "The elephants!"

"Yep, I wonder if Suzy is around," Aizawa commented underneath his scarf.

Hizashi looked around the exhibit before pointing, "Oh, there she is! Wow, she sure grew a lot

"Wow. Hito-Chan! Look, it's Suzy the elephant!" Izuku pointed out happily to his cousin who was staring at the huge animals.

"She looks so big," Hitoshi commented.

And it was true. Suzy had grown over the last years since Izuku had first seen her. It was like the elephant grew with him almost. They had both lost their mothers, but they both grew up with the love of their new family. Nemuri looked at the plaque in front of the exhibit to see who was who. She had quickly spotted Luis who was making sure Suzy had taken some of the hay that they were given.

And that was the end of their zoo trip altogether. Well almost...

Izuku had dragged Hitoshi towards the gift shop which made the three adults follow after them. They ended up following the two with Izuku excitedly pointing out the stuffed animals inside to his cousin.

Hizashi watched as Hitoshi picks up a purple cat with a lion mane the same color as his hair. Hizashi ended up smiling while wrapping a long snake plush around Hitoshi's shoulders which he enjoyed very much. Izuku gets a smaller elephant plush to match the one he got the last time he visited the zoo with his uncles.

Nemuri got herself a little keychain of a panther to add to her keys. Hizashi ended up with a bright bird plushie perched on his shoulder while holding a grim reaper plushie for Aizawa in his hands.

They all paid for the little gifts from the shop before finally exiting the zoo.

"What do you guys feel like for dinner? I got it covered," Nemuri offered while fiddling with her keychain ring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 2.5K 20
Izuku Midoriya is framed. One for All is taken from him and he is sent to prison and suffers immense torture. Izuku was innocent. He goes to America...
412K 13.3K 45
Sequel is completed Y/n and her father was abused by her mother who was a villain. Y/n and her father were inseparable but when they try and run awa...
24.1K 1K 15
Where there is a secret there is always drama! Izuku Midoriya was a heroes child and he knew it. Not only that but his mother never wanted him. What...
73.4K 3.2K 18
Izuku Midoriya was bullied all his life. He was quirkless and there was nothing he could do. It was simply the fate of quirkless kids to die young. "...