Patroness

By Lemon_Lima

Felicia Hardy is a young CIA operative with more secrets than the entire government combined. And it's not un... More

Cast
Chapter 1: The Hellfire Club
Chapter 2: Groovy Mutations
Chapter 3: Cerebro
Chapter 4: Euphoria
Chapter Five: From Russia with Frost
Chapter 6: Divulgence
Chapter 7: 214782 and 214783
Chapter 8: X Mansion
Chapter 9: Past, Present and Future
Chapter 10: Training
Chapter 11: Wine and...
Chapter 12: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 14: The Future
Chapter 15: And So It Begins
Chapter 16: Go F*ck Yourself
Chapter 17: Don't Be Suspicious
Chapter 18: Peter and Aurora
Chapter 19: Operation Free Dadneto
Chapter 20: Old Wounds
Chapter 21: Rockabye
Chapter 22: Fear of Falling Apart
Chapter 23: Never Enough
Chapter 24: I'd Love To Change The World Pt.1

Chapter 13: Patroness Is Born

2.3K 84 10
By Lemon_Lima

"FELICIA!" Charles screams running out of destroyed jet. "FELICIA!" 

Charles crumbles to ground landing on his knees as tears stream down his face. Charles then begins punching at sand angry he couldn't save her, angry that he'll never get to see her again, angry he'll never get to tell her how much he loves her.

Finally the tears stop running down his cheeks and Charles stands up making his way back into the jet determined to stop Shaw, to avenge Felicia and to finish what they started.

Charles devises a plan where Banshee, Havok and Beast take down Shaw's cronies, Erik goes in search for Shaw and Moira and Charles stay on the jet. Moira runs to the cockpit and begins trying to get into contact with her colleagues while Charles uses his powers to stay in contact with and help Erik. 

"He's not here, Charles. Shaw's not here! He's left the sub." Erik says frustrated he cant find Shaw.

"What? He's got to be there! He has to be! There's no where else he can be! Keep looking!" Charles replies telepathically.

"And I'm telling you he's not! There's no one here, Goddammit!" Erik fumes. 

"Erik." Shaw speaks up appearing a secret room. "What a pleasant surprise. So good to see you again."

Erik hesitantly approaches Shaw weary of what he might try and do. 

"May I ask you something?" Shaw asks as the doors to the secret room close. "Why are you on their side? Why fight for a doomed race who'll hunt us down as soon as they realize their reign is coming to end?"

Filled with so much rage having to stand before the man who made his and his sister's life hell, Erik punches Shaw in face who acts as if it's nothing causing shock to spread across Erik's face..

"I'm sorry for what happened in the camps. I truly am." Shaw says coldly before sending Erik into one of the mirror walls causing it to crack allowing Charles to see inside but barely. 

"Whatever you do you can keep doing it. It's starting work." Charles telepathically communicates with Erik.

"But everything I did, I did for you and Feliciana. To unlock your power. To make you embrace it." Shaw monologues before throwing Erik against the wall again this time shattering the wall. 

"It's working! I'm starting to see him. But I can't yet touch his mind." Charles tells Erik.

"You've come a long way from bending gates. I'm so proud of you." Shaw says as Erik uses his powers to move all the metal in the room to destroy the mirror walls as well as trap Shaw. "And you're just starting to scratch the surface. Think how much further you could go, together. I don't want to hurt you, Erik. I never did. I wanna help you. This our time. Our age. We are the future of the human race. You and me, son. This world could be ours." Shaw says as he presses one of the metal beams against Erik pinning him against the wall.

"Everything you did, made me stronger. Made me the weapon I am today. It's the truth. I've known it all along. You are my creator." Erik says getting teary eyed before using a metal wire to lift the helmet off Shaw's head. "Now, Charles!"

Charles quickly penetrates Shaw's mind making him freeze. 

"Sorry, Charles." Erik says as she grabs Shaw's helpmet

"Erik, please! Be the better man!" Charles pleads

"It's not that I don't trust you." Erik replies as starts to put the helmet on.

"Erik, there will be no turning back!" Charles pleads once more but its to late Erik has secured Shaw's helmet on his head stopping Charles from entering his mind.

"If you're in there, I'd like you to know that I agree with every word you said. We are the future." Erik says to Shaw who's still frozen in place. "But unfortunately, you killed my mother... and my sister's." 

Erik holds up the coin that Shaw had given to him as a boy, after Shaw had killed his mother for failing to move it with his power. 

"This is what we're going to do." Erik explains.

"No! Please, Erik! No!" Charles screams being able to see everything thats happening through Shaw's eyes.

"I'm going to count to three. And I'm going to move the coin." Erik explains to shaw. "One."

"Please, Erik!" Charles pleads as the coin starts levitating closer to Shaw.

"Two." Erik continues counting. "Three."

The coin then enters Shaw's forehead, passing through his brain and comes out at the end of his head all while Charles screams bloody murder as he's still connected to Shaw and can feel everything he feels including the coin slowly moving through his head.

Once Shaw's lifeless body hits the floor Charles runs out of the jet followed by Moira to see Erik tearing a hole in the submarine and emerging from it victoriously.

As Erik ermerges he floats Shaw's corpse out of the submarine, with bits of metal wrapped around his limbs.

"Today our fighting stops!" Erik says adressing the other Mutants.

Erik drops Shaw's corpse onto the ground below before he floats himself out of the submarine and onto the ground below. 

"Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there." Erik points out at the ships all lining up in front of them. "I feel their guns moving in the water. Their metal, targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants! Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong."

Charles places his fingers on his head seeing that Erik is in fact telling the truth and the Americans and Soviets are getting ready to attack them. Charles turns and nods at Moira who runs back into the jet frantically trying to contact her collegues but alas gets no response.

All the mutants except for Erik stare out at the ships  in fear and horror as they are fired upon, all sorts of missiles heading staight for them. Erik who doesn't have a single ounce of fear in body extends his arm out and stops the missiles from hitting them and turns the weapons round aiming them back at the humans.

"Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men. This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders." Charles pleads trying to change his friend's mind.

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again." Erik says coldly before firing the the nuclear weapons back towards the ships.

"ERIK RELEASE THEM!" Charles orders only for Erik to ignore him only staring out the humans that bring him so much anger. 

"NOOOOO!" Charles cries out as he tackles Erik the ground causing a few of the missiles to explode. 

Charles and Erik begin to roll around in the sand fighting each other, Charles trying to take the helmet of Erik, while Erik tries to the missiles moving.

Raven, Hank, Alex and Sean start running over to help Charles only for Erik to lash out and send them flying except for Raven much to her confusion. Erik is then able to hit Charles hard enough for him to be able to get back up and focus on the missiles who near the ships.

Suddenly a great big ball of white energy bursts out of the water casting a white aura around all the ships causing all the missiles to explode sheilding the ships from them.

"Felicia?" Charles and Erik question. 

Suddenly Moira walks out of the jet firing at Erik who easily deflects all the bullets away except for the final one which Erik ends up deflecting into Charles' back.

Charles screams out it angony before falling to the ground.

"I'm so sorry." Erik laments running over to his friends and pulling the bullet out of his back before turning and shouting at the other mutants who begin walking over to them. "I SAID BACK OFF!" 

As Charles lies in pain Erik turns to Moira who's still in shock. 

"You! You did this!" Erik fumes gritting his teeth as he uses his power to strangle Moira with the chain of her dog tags.

"Please! She didn't do this, Erik. You did." Charles croaks causing Erik to stop choking Moira.

"Us turning on each other. It's what they want. I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side. We're brothers, you and I. All of us, together. Protecting each other. We want the same thing." Erik says to Charles.

"My friend, I'm sorry. But we do not." Charles replies.

Erik then waves Moira over who quickly runs over to help Charles appologising profusely. As Charles lies wounded his head now resting on Moira, Erik turns to the other mutants.

"The society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand. Now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me?" Erik says holding out his hand. "No more hiding."

As Erik stares at Raven she walks towards Erik but instead goes to where Charles is lying worrying about the man she grew up with.

"You...you should go with him. It's what you want." Charles croaks.

"You promised me you would never read my mind." Raven replies her voice shakey like she's on the verge of tears.

"I know. I promised you a great many things, I'm afraid. I'm sorry." Charles apologies before kissing Raven's hand and in return she kisses his forehead.

"Take care of him." Raven says to Moira before standing up to join Erik.

As Raven and Erik hold hands Angel, Riptide and Azazel all aproch them and hold their hands joing them.

"And Beast?" Raven calls out. "Never forget, mutant and proud!" 

And in the blink of an eye the group of five suddenly disapear leaving only a puff of red smoke behind. 

As the others then quickly run over to check on Charles the ball of white energy flies over to the shore landing behind Charles. As the light disapears they all start to see the form of Felicia glowing who quickly stops glowing and smiles at the other happy to see them. But her smile quickly fades as she sees Charles lying on the ground.

"Charles!" Felicia panics running over to him and kneeling beside him. "Don't move. okay."

"I won't. Actually, I can...I...I can't feel my legs." Charles replies.

"What?" Felicia questions hopping she just missheard him.

"I can't feel my legs." Charles repeats as the realisation of situation sets in. "I can't feel my legs!" 

"What happened?" Felicia asks.

"When Erik had control of the missiles, Moira tried to stop him." Hank explains. "One of the bullets Erik deflected hit Charles." 

"What?" Felicia exclaims as he eyes begin to water. "Why would you do that?!!" Felicia shouts at Moira. "You know he can control metal!! What where you thinking!!?" 

"I-I I'm sorry." Moira stutters unsure of what to say as tears begin to stream down Felicia's cheeks.

Suddenly Felicia's saddness turn to anger and her eyes begin to glow as she stands up angryly waking over to Moira who quickly crawls backwards before standing. 

"Felicia I-" But before Moira can finish her sentence Felicia grabs Moira by the head using her powers on her which cause Moira to scream out in pain. 

"Felicia stop!" Charles yells but Felicia doesn't hear him, being so fueled with anger she can't hear anything around her apart from Moira's screams. 

"Felicia!" Charles tries again only this time Felicia suddenly stops and Moira falls to ground unconcious. "Felicia what did you do!?" Charles fumes.

Felicia turns around once seeing Charles in his state her eyes return to normal and she quickly sits back beside Charles.

"I wiped her memory." Felicia answers. "When she wakes she won't remember us or our powers, or the mansion."

"Why?" Charles inquires.

"So she can't relay any information about us to her superiors, so they can't find us." Felicia explains. "We don't have to live in fear of being captured."

"Now lets get you some medical attention." Felicia says before using her powers to levitate Charles.

As Felicia carefully moves Charles she makes eye contact with Shaw's corpse and suddenly fueled with anger once more she levitates Shaw and flings him at the sea his body skipping across the water like a rock before sinking.

"See, you in hell monster." 

~

After getting Charles the medical attention he needed it was determined by doctors that due to the bullet severing a nerve Charles is now paralized from the waist down and sadly will never walk again. But due to Hank's intelligence and never say never attitude he becomes determind to find a cure for Charles.

Now being back at home after spending hours at the hospital Charles and Felicia take a stroll around the mansion. 

"You know I thought you died." Charles says refering to when Felicia got sucked out of the jet. 

"I though I did too, but as I sinking I suddenly felt the overwealming sense of fear and I just shot out the water." Felicia explains. "And then I just felt this need to protect so I created the bigest force field I could." 

"Hmmm." Charles mumbles thinking to himself. 

"What?" Felicia asks letting out a soft chuckle. 

"You know everyone got a cool codename except you." Charles chuckes. "And I know exactly what your's should be."

"What?" Felicia inquires giggling as she reminces of when Raven came up with the idea codenames.

"Patroness." Charles answers.

"Patroness?" Felicia questions.

"Mhmm, it's Latin for Protector." Charles replies.

"Hmm... Patroness.... I like it." Felicia smiles to herself as she leans down and leaves a kiss on Charles' cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6.8K 43
"My name is Charles Xavier " he says, "and this is my friend Erik Lensherr. We're here, your safe now." Before you pass out in his arms you choke out...
68.9K 1.2K 24
Jasmine-Mae 'Jas' Carter is a mutant. She has telepathy, telekinesis and invisibility, although nobody knows about her mutations. She's a student at...
591K 21.5K 63
Welcome. Please choose from the following: Felicia Hardy is: - a troublemaker woman - a cat burglar - the Devil in heels - a rule breaker...
50.5K 1K 11
Abbey Night was just looking to be like everyone else, normal. But she knew she was far from that. One night, as she was working at the bar, two men...